PDA

View Full Version : Current state of pso2

Noc Codez
Jun 29, 2014, 06:49 PM
We all know what is happening by now but with that in mind the English community has been pretty much wiped out due to this DDOS attack. I know many people who has just jumped ship because of this attack. Now my question to all of you is are you planning on making a return ? it seems that we are losing more and more importers these days. SEA being one of them.

btw for those who can't log in this is what it looks like as of 7:45pm est.
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/pso2server_zps3dbf4c93.jpg (http://s344.photobucket.com/user/NOCCODEZ/media/pso2server_zps3dbf4c93.jpg.html)

I know that JP are also having problems logging in but I got on after 4 attempts.

Anyway Discuss.

Gama
Jun 29, 2014, 06:52 PM
whenever the servers get back to their normal working state ill be on the game.

cant log in at all so. im really forced to wait, since none of the vpn/tunneling stuff worked for me.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 06:57 PM
I've been playing off and on. I miss running with my team though. :\

HIT0SHI
Jun 29, 2014, 06:58 PM
Defiantly will return. But just like Gama said, once the servers are stable.

yoshiblue
Jun 29, 2014, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaeI9gKOVJQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaeI9gKOVJQ

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 07:03 PM
Of course I am planning to return, with my premium rotting there for three days now. However, I'm pretty much out of the ideas what to do about this block, since none of my attempts to weasel my way on the servers without changing my IP worked, and the popular theories about what's going on all lead to the same solutions: wait or VPN. So, gonna do exactly that, and wait until Sega answers my complaint. I even sent a screenshot, just like they wanted!

.Jack
Jun 29, 2014, 07:05 PM
whenever the servers get back to their normal working state ill be on the game.

cant log in at all so. im really forced to wait, since none of the vpn/tunneling stuff worked for me.

This one works well (free for a limited time) but since there's reports of people getting 8xx errors I wouldn't use any VPN at the moment. For any alts it should be fine if you don't care about it.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/tgYDHdA.jpg?1[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 07:06 PM
I know that JP are also having problems logging in but I got on after 4 attempts.

Anyway Discuss.

If you would, elaborate on what you did during these four attempts. Plain ol' opening and closing the downloader or tweaker? Using a VPN?

Zipzo
Jun 29, 2014, 07:31 PM
I don't notice any trouble logging in for both myself and other friends who play the game (I'm in Tokyo).

Occasional disconnect and lagged authentication process (hangs for a couple seconds before connecting) but it is pretty problem-free.

I don't know where you guys are getting JP are still having issues.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 07:40 PM
I don't notice any trouble logging in for both myself and other friends who play the game (I'm in Tokyo).

Occasional disconnect and lagged authentication process (hangs for a couple seconds before connecting) but it is pretty problem-free.

I don't know where you guys are getting JP are still having issues.

Seeing as Sega had to directly address the issues in their last update, I'd imagine they've been getting a fair amount of complaints from local users. It certainly wasn't for foreigner's benefit.

Zipzo
Jun 29, 2014, 07:42 PM
Seeing as Sega had to directly address the issues in their last update, I'd imagine they've been getting a fair amount of complaints from local users. It certainly wasn't for foreigner's benefit.

Yeah for the first day-ish but most issues seem to be completely cleared up at this point...traffic was just heavy during the opening day.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 29, 2014, 07:42 PM
and Ship 2 is pretty lively at JP Primetime.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 07:45 PM
Yeah for the first day-ish but most issues seem to be completely cleared up at this point...traffic was just heavy during the opening day.

Fair point, but that doesn't mean that everyone's got the same luck. It's gonna take more than 2 days to get stability back to where it was.

Wise Man
Jun 29, 2014, 07:48 PM
I still would really love to play Pso2 again. In all honesty, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the servers will stabilize and we'll all be able to continue playing as though nothing happened (ah, how nice dreams are...)
I'm from the U.S, east coast and I have not been able to log on at all. However, I refuse to use any of the "back door" methods until it is the absolute last resort.

Well that's my two cents; still hoping with my fingers crossed and lucky charms on my feet... that last part probably wasn't necessary but you get my drift XD

Zipzo
Jun 29, 2014, 07:54 PM
I am hoping honestly for the very best as most of the people I play with most frequently are in fact foreign connected players. I'm really disheartened by this, but at the same time I'm a bit of a cynic.

I've been with SEGA long enough to have that point of view...

SakoHaruo
Jun 29, 2014, 07:56 PM
There was an IR about 3 hours ago.

#1 player only got 15 kills, lol.

He probably feels like a god now. o3o

ShinMaruku
Jun 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
I am in game dancing to lill boosie.

Noc Codez
Jun 29, 2014, 08:32 PM
If you would, elaborate on what you did during these four attempts. Plain ol' opening and closing the downloader or tweaker? Using a VPN?

Oh blue im a Fios user.. From what I hear only Verizon customers can get on PSO2 as of right now. As for VPN I don't use any but I do get 630 when I try to change blocks or try to go to my room. Sometimes I get lucky and i'm able to transfer blocks but I can only do it once. If I even attempt to do it after changing block insta 630

I can even connect to PSO2.JP just fine.

Wise Man
Jun 29, 2014, 08:42 PM
And just when I changed from Verizon too... T-T

Aquanos
Jun 29, 2014, 08:45 PM
I am in game dancing to lill boosie.

110???

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2014, 08:48 PM
I am hoping honestly for the very best as most of the people I play with most frequently are in fact foreign connected players. I'm really disheartened by this, but at the same time I'm a bit of a cynic.

I've been with SEGA long enough to have that point of view...

Er, we all knew this was always a possibility. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if the end result of all this is a permanent IP block, possibly even with an actual IP-based ban put into place for a period of time, similar to what's been happening to public VPN users.

Really, this should surprise absolutely noone. The moment they added to the EULA that connecting to the game outside of Japan was no bueno was the moment our presence became tentative. All they needed was one good reason to exclude all foreign IPs. It was a matter of convenience - they were getting money and publicity for letting us come on, so why would they get rid of us? When things stopped being convenient is when they'd cut us off.

Things might have stopped being convenient with the DDOS.

It also might not be permanent, but people shouldn't be holding their breaths without at least some indication either way.

Macman
Jun 30, 2014, 12:53 AM
OP try judging the population on the ship when the game's target audience isn't all sleeping.

Z-0
Jun 30, 2014, 12:55 AM
OP try judging the population on the ship when the game's target audience isn't all sleeping.
That's more like people are at work/school. It was 8:45AM in Japan.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 30, 2014, 01:06 AM
Er, we all knew this was always a possibility. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if the end result of all this is a permanent IP block, possibly even with an actual IP-based ban put into place for a period of time, similar to what's been happening to public VPN users.

Really, this should surprise absolutely noone. The moment they added to the EULA that connecting to the game outside of Japan was no bueno was the moment our presence became tentative. All they needed was one good reason to exclude all foreign IPs. It was a matter of convenience - they were getting money and publicity for letting us come on, so why would they get rid of us? When things stopped being convenient is when they'd cut us off.

Things might have stopped being convenient with the DDOS.

It also might not be permanent, but people shouldn't be holding their breaths without at least some indication either way.

but ip blocking is not going to stop a ddos atk lol i hope sega isnt that stupid or racist

Daiyousei
Jun 30, 2014, 01:11 AM
2 hours ago on twitter

【6/30「PSO2アークス候補生!高野麻里佳」中止のお知らせ】サーバー安定状況の確認中のため6/30(月)のアークス候補生月曜担当高野麻里佳さんの放送は中止させていただきます。誠に申し訳ございませ ん。再開の準備を進めていますのでもうしばらくお待ちください。

and Just now

【続報】6/30(月)14:00からACの購入を再開いたしました。また本件に関するお詫び内容を決定いたしました。 延期しておりました2周年記念アップデートを7/2に実施いたします。

They will resume AC purchases.

Noc Codez
Jun 30, 2014, 02:00 AM
I wasn't pointing out B10-12.. Lol I was showing B20 which is almost 99% of the time full.. Read my post again and this time don't skim.