PDA

View Full Version : Better to Wait this Out :)

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 08:58 PM
Ive tried pingzapper and softether vpn and come to the conclusion that's its best to simply wait this out and see how sega handles this and stop worrying about one game when there's a whole world out there for us to see and enjoy. I don't know about other peeps but i'm giving up on the game for now until sega fixes all these problems and irons out this supposed ip ban everyone is getting so anal about. >.> And one more thing why doesn't everyone just stop trying to play the game right now and worry about your lives if u leave the game alone it'll be less traffic on sega's end and they can hopefully fix these problems faster. :-D I don't know about ya'll but i think its pointless to even try to play a game u cant even get on anyway without using a backdoor method that can possibly get ya banned anyway. :) I'm not being a hyporcrite i know i used them twice over the last two days myself but i'm done i am not gonna risk a perma-ban just so i can indulge myself in a game that we cant clearly play legitimately atm anyway. :) peace out and god bless

FGIrtzIII
Jun 29, 2014, 09:01 PM
I agree with MegaRocker1987 people need to have some patience.

PSchiZ
Jun 29, 2014, 09:03 PM
People are still gonna jump to conclusions without concrete evidence so

I agree

SEGA say something already gdi, are we IP banned or not

Xaelouse
but m-muh TAs and my dance 20

Yukipon
Only until my TACOs reset.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 09:07 PM
I might as well wait till next friday.
I do have like 9 other games I can play.
Including Halo 2.
(god i love that game)

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 09:08 PM

I agree

ditto

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 09:09 PM
b-but...mai waifu misses me QQ

Zipzo
Jun 29, 2014, 09:10 PM

I agree

To be fair they don't even owe you an explanation. They could never say anything.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 09:13 PM
True, but the last thing that fact is going to do is stop people from wanting information.

PSchiZ
Jun 29, 2014, 09:14 PM
To be fair they don't even owe you an explanation. They could never say anything.

Even if they don't we will find out eventually anyway

It would be better if they did, because everyone seems to jump to the conclusion that everyone outside of Japan is IP blocked, even though Verizon ISPs aren't even outside of Japan

I admit I am also confused until SEGA says something, I just hope they would consider doing so

Also I wasn't saying they owed me anything, I already know playing this game is a privilege, not a right

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 09:16 PM

They also can't afford to alienate their western fanbase further. The long wait and the 'Shining' incident hit them hard financial here, and they can't survive just off the Japanese market anymore.

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 09:16 PM
No kidding, can't even get to the ship selection now. Guess SEGA must have found out.

MattKnight
Jun 29, 2014, 09:19 PM
Thing is we might be waiting forever seeing how Sega said they are only addressing not correcting some things.

"Sega has received reports that users are not receiving their authentication key emails when requested during the login process. Under certain environments, this bug seems to be occurring due to the measures that took place in regards to the DDoS attacks. They are sorry for the inconvenience and are now working towards correcting the problem."

"Sega has received reports that users are encountering Error 107 when starting up the Launcher. Under certain environments, this error seems to be occurring due to the measures that took place in response to the DDoS attacks. They are sorry for the inconvenience and are now working towards addressing the issue. If you receive this message, they ask that you try relaunching it some other time. "

"Sega has received reports that users are encountering Error 630 when changing blocks. Under certain environments, this error seems to be occurring due to the measures that took place in response to the DDoS attacks. They are sorry for the inconvenience and are now working towards correcting the problem."

Looks like they are only fixing things for people who can only login normally.

Velad
Jun 29, 2014, 09:22 PM
Let's see, takes them about a week or so to get the server up in a somewhat functional state in the first place. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes a good 2-3 weeks before things are fully operational.

BlankM
Jun 29, 2014, 09:25 PM
Y'know if you guys are just testing VPNs you should probably use alt accounts first.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 09:26 PM
They also can't afford to alienate their western fanbase further. The long wait and the 'Shining' incident hit them hard financial here, and they can't survive just off the Japanese market anymore.

Where exactly is your proof that they can't alienate us any further?
Don't get me wrong, I really want to be able to play the game, getting IP blocked after an NA server comes out doesn't matter to me, so long as the game remains fun.
But I'd like to hear any evidence of them not being able to just go ahead and ignore us, and it's not like they aren't getting money from us. *Cough* Sonic *Cough*

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 09:32 PM
SEGA has consistently dicked over its non-JP fanbase since 2001. I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

Fun Fact: SEGA was originally founded in America, by Americans. Waka-waka!

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 09:34 PM
Where exactly is your proof that they can't alienate us any further?
Don't get me wrong, I really want to be able to play the game, getting IP blocked after an NA server comes out doesn't matter to me, so long as the game remains fun.
But I'd like to hear any evidence of them not being able to just go ahead and ignore us, and it's not like they aren't getting money from us. *Cough* Sonic *Cough*
Sonic? Selling well here since '06? Not really. Even Generations(ya know, the good one.) actually bombed here. Sega's last several releases(*cough*Rome 2*cough*) here haven't done all that well and the goodwill's drying up fast, more so after the massive delay to the US version. *shrugs*

SEGA has consistently dicked over its non-JP fanbase since 2001. I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

Fun Fact: SEGA was originally founded in America, by Americans. Waka-waka!

Here's the difference, they've got nothing to fall back on anymore outside of Japan, and that economy's spread too thin with the Mobile market to subsist off exclusively.

MattKnight
Jun 29, 2014, 09:37 PM

Actually they do too own everyone an explanation to be fair and equal because they lied about bringing PSO2 international...

If you were blocked from a game that was supposed to become worldwide one day decides to ban you for no good reason other than you live in another country how would you feel??

I sense some racism in your words...

WBMike
Jun 29, 2014, 09:38 PM
Looks like they are only fixing things for people who can only login normally.

To clarify, they are correcting all three issues, however, they have no obligation to correct the issue for anyone outside of Japan.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 09:40 PM
here's a god ole theme from a certain anime i used to watch when i was a kid that might lift everyone's spirits :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3wEquqpcE this music taught me one thing never give up and enjoy the one life u got while u can :)

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 09:43 PM
and this is what i listen to help me relax xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikEwlP1ewM

MattKnight
Jun 29, 2014, 09:44 PM
To clarify, they are correcting all three issues, however, they have no obligation to correct the issue for anyone outside of Japan.

Don't believe it?? Read the post on PSO2 Bumped. Yes they do have an obligation they promised an international release so they need to honor it if they don't want to make an actual translation...

http://bumped.org/psublog/

Correcting and Addressing are two different things...

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 09:45 PM
Don't believe it?? Read the post on PSO2 Bumped. Yes they do have an obligation they promised an international release so they need to honor it if they don't want to make an actual translation...

WBMike is Ricardo, dude.

I think he's read his own website.

I mean, maybe.

WBMike
Jun 29, 2014, 09:48 PM

Addressing is correcting here. Since it's causing some confusion, I'm going to change it to correcting.

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 09:51 PM
Sonic? Selling well here since '06? Not really. Even Generations(ya know, the good one.) actually bombed here. Sega's last several releases(*cough*Rome 2*cough*) here haven't done all that well and the goodwill's drying up fast, more so after the massive delay to the US version. *shrugs*

Rome 2 was financially successful and I enjoyed everything but the AI.

MattKnight
Jun 29, 2014, 09:52 PM
WBMike is Ricardo, dude.

I think he's read his own website.

I mean, maybe.

If you can't tell the difference between correcting and addressing then I would say not.

Addressing
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/address

Correcting
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/correcting

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
Rome 2 was financially successful and I enjoyed everything but the AI.

Sold under expectation by 43% at launch. It's not a bad game it was just bugged at launch with abusive DLC issues(the other race dlcs).

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 09:54 PM
listenin to route 4 from the pokemon anime its so relaxing and enlightening and its also a hell of a spirit lifter :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU3wEquqpcE

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 09:58 PM
Sold under expectation by 43% at launch. It's not a bad game it was just bugged at launch with abusive DLC issues(the other race dlcs).

I can't find your figure, but it had 6x the preorders of Shogun 2 and sold 1.13m copies as of March 2014.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 09:59 PM
this theme would be perfect against dark falz while kicking his ass :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVls2heTbU

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 10:02 PM
Not really.

It would be better if you found music that wasn't already from other games.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:02 PM
laguna ftw! gotta love dat man with the machine gun :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0WdQDPRwb4

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 10:05 PM
I can't find your figure, but it had 6x the preorders of Shogun 2 and sold 1.13m copies as of March 2014.

I'm getting my info from the corporate release info at my old job with a certain large game retailer. How much of that was attributed to Steam I wonder? People always try counting that but Valve never gives actual numbers. From the info I got working, the company only sold through about half of the stock received. I can't say much about digital number, so that may account for it.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:05 PM
Not really.

It would be better if you found music that wasn't already from other games.

its called an opinion ever hear of it? lol

Krimson
Jun 29, 2014, 10:09 PM
I left pso2 with 20 m.... I hope it's enough to buy that Misty hair........... :X
I dun wanna spend et!!! Where is my two weeks of taco meseta??
Sega compensate me when server is fixed! > A <

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 10:16 PM
its called an opinion ever hear of it? good now deal with it :P

Same to you, punk-ass.

Zipzo
Jun 29, 2014, 10:16 PM
True, but the last thing that fact is going to do is stop people from wanting information.

Implying that your need for information is worth addressing to them?

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:19 PM
Same to you, punk-ass.

i'm not a punk i'm just stating how cool it would be and besides pso2 and psu is a prime example of how sega uses music from a lot of their other games in lobbies, missions, etc. so i'm not completely wrong silly goose :p i know its a copyright thing but hey corporations have gotten permission to use music and characters from other games before take smash bros for example u silly goose :)

Daiyousei
Jun 29, 2014, 10:26 PM

I've preordered it and I agree that the launch was somewhat a disaster, but I believe they've made up for it with free stuff we got and I'm really enjoying large battles of armies charging at each other.

ShinMaruku
Jun 29, 2014, 10:27 PM

They don't but when you are in service it aids you.

Dan Maku
Jun 29, 2014, 10:29 PM
This. A million times this.

I sometimes worry that western PSO2 players are physically addicted to this game, that this DDoS has caused withdrawls and psychotic breaks...

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 10:31 PM

I sometimes worry that western PSO2 players are physically addicted to this game, that this DDoS has caused withdrawls and psychotic breaks...

Totally not me... I mean it's not like I'm refreshing 8 different pages every minute...

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:32 PM

agreed that's y i'm doin the right thing and giving up for a long time.

and it makes u think of what jesus once said:

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

Put your faith in jesus not in some digital fantasy world

FGIrtzIII
Jun 29, 2014, 10:33 PM
agreed thats y in doin the right thing and giving up for a long time.

I agree totally 100%

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 10:35 PM

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/whatamilookingat.gif

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:36 PM
Another quote jesus said that kinda makes sense:

Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day.

The Walrus
Jun 29, 2014, 10:38 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/613/557/2de.jpg

HIT0SHI
Jun 29, 2014, 10:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/apzl9F5.jpg

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:39 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/613/557/2de.jpg

beats me lol :)

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 10:40 PM
We're just making commentary on the fact that you're batshit insane, whilst using funny pictures!

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:41 PM
We're just making commentary on the fact that you're batshit insane, whilst using funny pictures!

What he said :)

Kikikiki

I'm dying so hard.

Jaquecz
Not the religous talk.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1389/47/1389477937264.jpg
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:42 PM
Not the religous talk.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1389/47/1389477937264.jpg
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

lol :p

Dan Maku
Jun 29, 2014, 10:45 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/93088-get-me-outta-here-gif-Happy-Gi-5381.gif

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:45 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/93088-get-me-outta-here-gif-Happy-Gi-5381.gif

Happy Gilmore Ftw!

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 10:46 PM
If this isn't fixed by wedsnday.
People are still trying to use PingZapper.
If this isn't fixed by August.
We should just
PlayHawken
StartaPSO2NAPetition
All Fly to JapanandMolotovBombSegaJP
Bug Sega NA and JP until they give us the game
MeetupIRLandhavesex
Kidnap The SegaJP and NA CEO's kids,wives, relatives, and/or friends, and demand we get NA.
Hack into the NuclearLaunch systems of the world and launch every single last one of them.
Go to therapy because we all know we're constantly visiting this site in hope that we can play waifu simulator again.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:47 PM
We should just
PlayHawken
StartaPSO2NAPetition
MeetupIRLandhavesex
Kidnap The SegaJP and NA CEO's kids,wives, relatives, and/or friends, and demand we get NA.
Hack into the NuclearLaunch systems of the world and launch every single last one of them.
Go to therapy because we all know we're constantly visiting this site in hope that we can play waifu simulator again.

um ok? O.o your'e clearly batshit crazy! O.o

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 10:51 PM
We should just
PlayHawken
StartaPSO2NAPetition
MeetupIRLandhavesex

I have a better idea.... lets ddos the pso2 servers :-D

Also Hawken sucks. I want Black Desert online now!

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 10:52 PM
I have a better idea.... lets ddos the pso2 servers :-D

Also Hawken sucks. I want Black Desert online now!

lol? o.o

Sychosis
Jun 29, 2014, 11:00 PM
If Jesus were around today, He would play PSO2. I bet Jesus would make a babe-a-licious waifu too. I will never ERP with Jesus' waifu... life is so cruel.

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 29, 2014, 11:07 PM
If Jesus were around today, He would play PSO2. I bet Jesus would make a babe-a-licious waifu too. I will never ERP with Jesus' waifu... life is so cruel.

Jesus was my nickname in highschool, and I do play PSO2.

FGIrtzIII
Jun 29, 2014, 11:08 PM
um ok? O.o your'e clearly batshit crazy! O.o
Call the mental hospital to tell them that one of their patients has escaped

Sychosis
Jun 29, 2014, 11:14 PM
Jesus was my nickname in highschool, and I do play PSO2.

Well in that case hey bb

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 11:16 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3155251#post3155251

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfCeE874QQ

psu might finally be coming back yayz if it does i wont need pso2 anymore xD well somewhat xD

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 11:21 PM
I'll finally be able to get my Dagger of Serafi Back and Truly Shine well when i got free time anyway :p

DS23
Jun 29, 2014, 11:30 PM

I have Jesus friend partner. He still plays under a different name, or rather did before all this stupid fucking bullshit happened.

CAST_Emile
Jun 29, 2014, 11:37 PM

SEGA IP banned him too.

Evangelion X.XX
Jun 29, 2014, 11:38 PM
Why is Jesus even mentioned in a gaming thread...? Keep religion out of PSO-W.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 11:52 PM
Why is Jesus even mentioned in a gaming thread...? Keep religion out of PSO-W.

i was only making a couple of quotes i wasnt trying to start something like this O.o

EvilMag
Jun 29, 2014, 11:55 PM
Why not Lord Helix then? Outdated memes is better than Jesus I suppose.

AkumaYouji
Jun 29, 2014, 11:56 PM
Guys, guys... cmon it was the steam summer sale! I am sure I am not the only one who had their money stolen by gabe...

CAST_Emile
Jun 29, 2014, 11:58 PM
Based.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hG0iDPN.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Reyva
Jun 30, 2014, 12:00 AM
I'm guessing the people who can't live without pso2, refreshing the page every second, saying crazy batshiz stuff, and so on must be young and jobless. Reason being is if you are like the older crowd (I'd say around mid 20s), I'd tell your ass to go outside and do crap like we used to as kids back in the days. Hanging out with friends, partying, having a good time, etc. And if you really want to kill time, either get a gf or bf and you're not going to run out of crap to do. Not only that, but you can get laid. Take out your frustration that way haha.

PSO2 wasn't the end all of games lmao. Far from it. I'm pretty sure some of those people who are whining like no other barely even played pso2 much at all, but when something like this happens, its like OMGZ I miss PSO2, I can't live without it. Reminds me when PSU closed down lmao.

However, if you freely admit that you have no life and you only eat, sleep, shayt for PSO2, then go move to Japan and you can live happily ever after with PSO2 now and forever haha. If you can't do that, then do the other crap. Or pray the western version comes asap, but even then I'm not gonna play that crap.

Otherwise, just play Vindictus if you want something like PSO2. If you put down 1000s of bux on PSO2, just do it on Vindictus. I bet Nexon would love you for that lol.

However, at the end of the day, I hope those folks continue to cry on these forums because nothing is more hilarious to me than going to work, then to lunch, and coming home from work reading that you can't live without PSO2 lol.

P.S. No new game coming out in the future is going to make people happy. All hype baby. Feel free to prove me wrong for example when games like Black Desert come out. All I see these days is hype hype hype, play, game sux, move on to the next.

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 30, 2014, 12:03 AM
Based.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hG0iDPN.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Where do I sign up for this religion?

Jokai
Jun 30, 2014, 12:06 AM
I'm guessing the people who can't live without pso2, refreshing the page every second, saying crazy batshiz stuff, and so on must be young and jobless. Reason being is if you are like the older crowd (I'd say around mid 20s), I'd tell your ass to go outside and do crap like we used to as kids back in the days. Hanging out with friends, partying, having a good time, etc. And if you really want to kill time, either get a gf or bf and you're not going to run out of crap to do. Not only that, but you can get laid. Take out your frustration that way haha.

PSO2 wasn't the end all of games lmao. Far from it. I'm pretty sure some of those people who are whining like no other barely even played pso2 much at all, but when something like this happens, its like OMGZ I miss PSO2, I can't live without it. Reminds me when PSU closed down lmao.

However, if you freely admit that you have no life and you only eat, sleep, shayt for PSO2, then go move to Japan and you can live happily ever after with PSO2 now and forever haha. If you can't do that, then do the other crap. Or pray the western version comes asap, but even then I'm not gonna play that crap.

Otherwise, just play Vindictus if you want something like PSO2. If you put down 1000s of bux on PSO2, just do it on Vindictus. I bet Nexon would love you for that lol.

However, at the end of the day, I hope those folks continue to cry on these forums because nothing is more hilarious to me than going to work, then to lunch, and coming home from work reading that you can't live without PSO2 lol.

P.S. No new game coming out in the future is going to make people happy. All hype baby. Feel free to prove me wrong for example when games like Black Desert come out. All I see these days is hype hype hype, play, game sux, move on to the next.

1. I clocked 300+ hours in my first month of playing
2. Black Desert actually looks fun, but I'll probably stick with pso2 because of the costumes
3. Vindictus is boring and character customization is nonexistent compared to pso2
4. I have too much free time because college is boring/easy. Except English, screw literary analysis.

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 12:39 AM
Goodness gracious.

PSOW pls.

This forum was less terrible when the servers were actually working properly.

How is there an increase in activity but a decrease in quality?

CAST_Emile
Jun 30, 2014, 12:41 AM
Goodness gracious.

PSOW pls.

This forum was less terrible when the servers were actually working properly.

How is there an increase in activity but a decrease in quality?

This is where B20 ends up when there's downtime.

Macman
Jun 30, 2014, 12:45 AM
You're overestimating the value of the western PS fanbase. Nobody cares over here anymore except us importers (who were already playing for the last 2 years) and the huge nostalgia fans still clinging to the hope that they'll localize. The rest are too burned from the fiasco that was PSU.

Dragwind
Jun 30, 2014, 01:06 AM
This thread has run it's course into obscurity.