PDA

View Full Version : What if: PSO2 Private Server

fruiteaterz
Jun 30, 2014, 02:22 AM
The title itself is misleading. In this forum i would like to see your opinions on whether you wished to play on a private server (if one existed for PSO2 that is) and also see your thoughts on why one prefers original over an up2date bootleg version with the same xp and item drop rate.

in my opinion, i'm all for it, even though there are usually less players on such realms, and as a result less interaction with others, at least i would feel less worried of getting banned for violating tos (・へ・) i know i'm a little paranoid =S
as playing on a private server could also feel more exclusive like i'm part of something more satisfying, a feeling i had while playing on private wow servers which were 1-2 years behind content.

at any rate, please share your thoughts. Peace V

Dammy
Jun 30, 2014, 02:26 AM
when PSO2 JP server officially closes - yes, why not , but there at least few years before that
currently - no, and dont forget that game is free to play

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 02:27 AM
Nope.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 02:29 AM
I'm all set for now unless Sega does something drastic.

fruiteaterz
Jun 30, 2014, 02:36 AM
yeah besides it would feel like our very own game. like we owned sega bigtime (●^o^●)

landman
Jun 30, 2014, 02:42 AM
My only interest would be in having my own local server to be able to access the content of the game after its closure whenever I want. It's a shame I will never be able to Play PSU Episode 3 and other sub-story quest because the official servers closed and there is no alternative today. This or, Sega releasing an offline full version (but that would never happen).

Ordy
Jun 30, 2014, 02:45 AM
No never, fuck private servers.

Had my fair share of Lineage 2 private servers, they all sucked in a way or another.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 30, 2014, 02:48 AM
What I'd rather see is Arks-Layer (located in Japan) get upgraded to be used as a VPN by PSO2 tweaker users, you log into the Tweaker and your Username gets it's own static IP from Arks-Layer to log into PSO2 jp without any issues+^_^+ everyone could then change their accounts to use the address of that server so we could gets support from SEGAC if we need to do things like switch PSO2es phones or whatnot+^_^+

if i had a million dollars......

Chdata
Jun 30, 2014, 03:13 AM
Definitely if modding is involved.

CyberMan
Jun 30, 2014, 03:30 AM
If servr will be opensource, then I'm in as tester and translator

Shinamori
Jun 30, 2014, 03:33 AM
I'd rather them release some server emulation program where you can make your own private server instead of some private server keeping it to themselves and make the game twice as hard.

MDashK
Jun 30, 2014, 03:36 AM
The good thing I like about PSOBB is that the game, although it's offline for good, since you have the program to run your own server, you can play the game at will.

Hell, I even had LAN party's in the house playing PSOBB!

And I truly hope that, in the near future, when PSO2 begins to fade, that we can get the same luck.
After all, gotta have some compensation for all the money given to the game. =)

And believe me, when that day comes (I hope), I'm gonna make so many LAN parties!!! =P=P

EspeonageTieler
Jun 30, 2014, 03:40 AM
if we get kciked off of the japan server for good then yes as long as its free

Keilyn
Jun 30, 2014, 03:48 AM
I would rather have a private server.

With my programming skills and abilities, I would set up a donation drive to keep the server up and running, just like when I did this with RYL and had 5,000 registered and the server did well for three years.

I would eliminate the entire Arks Cash and Fun points crap and put those things in-game accessible by anyone, and also change the Character Dressing Room to actually be free for alterations. Nothing annoys me more than having a lot of content stashed on my hard drive for graphics and models but not being able to use it from not paying $$$ to use it, or spending my time trying to buy it off a playershop.

I would also hope a level editor can be made and open up to the community to create maps who are willing to do it and integrate it. I did the very same thing when our RYL server was up. We went from having Akkan 1, Akkan 2, Carneveron, Human 2, Human 1 to adding Swamp Mayhem, Towers of the Fall, Last Refuge, and Eyes of the Apocalypse maps. I remember changing everything for balance and people liked it better.

Reason we dropped the server after three years is because the playerbase dropped for RYL2 and 2.5. The same developer to the game went on to make C9, R2R and now is doing Black Desert Online. RYL had first person shooter controls in an MMORPG setting for a race war between humans and Akkans with a lot of racial humor that actually was humor and not ethnic jokes. It was fun, though graphics are lacking.

From my experience, Most people don't know how to handle private servers well, but for the extreme few who can run private servers extremely well, those tend to be superior to pay servers.

Of course, private servers are not legal....

Though I would love Japan to be tried under the International Court System (which they are member to) for opening up software and services to foreigners on a wide scale and then altering licensing agreements post-launch barring foreigners from software after initially being welcomed to them. PSO2 is not the only software package Japanese have accepted foreigners, just to actually give them lesser service for more money and eventually employing measures to give them disadvantages to downright exclusion.

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2014, 03:58 AM
I can see it now, "donation" based cash shop items, 15 year old GMs, forum drama, AWOL admins.

Sounds like a dream.

CyberMan
Jun 30, 2014, 03:58 AM
Maaan, If you start the koding - I can maintain Test Ship=)

CyberMan
Jun 30, 2014, 04:00 AM
I can see it now, "donation" based cash shop items, 15 year old GMs, forum drama, AWOL admins.

Sounds like a dream.

heh, its's Russian type... or... Wait... IS IT ALL IN THE WORLD?!!!

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 04:24 AM

Sounds like a dream.
Oh boy, right into memories.

One of the things I learned about private MMO servers is to abandon all hope if you learn that server staff is being paid with in-game currency.

MDashK
Jun 30, 2014, 04:24 AM
I would rather have a private server.

With my programming skills and abilities, I would set up a donation drive to keep the server up and running, just like when I did this with RYL and had 5,000 registered and the server did well for three years.

If you did that, I would donate to you ASAP.
And, if you could share that so that I could do LAN parties without the need to be connected to Internet, that would deserve a BIG ASS donation. XD

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2014, 04:26 AM
would rather have an offline mode with all the outfits/emotes/accessories unlocked. <_>

MDashK
Jun 30, 2014, 04:27 AM
would rather have an offline mode with all the outfits/emotes/accessories unlocked. <_>

With the PSOBB method, you "technically" have a offline mode.
You just have to runt he LAN server in your PC together with the game.
Localhost FTW.

AlphaBlob
Jun 30, 2014, 04:33 AM
If I own it, sure. if I don't, no.

I just don't trust private servers, I've played so many in the past and most just went poof in my face, either a bug or demotivation, the owner just runs away with the cash. While owning it is a different thing, you basically own the game and can play whenever you want to. Think like 20 years later when the game isn't relevant anymore, if you miss PSo2, nothing is stopping you from playing (Except the huge requirement to even start that server maybe ...)

Dammy
Jun 30, 2014, 05:25 AM
With the PSOBB method, you "technically" have a offline mode.
You just have to runt he LAN server in your PC together with the game.
Localhost FTW.

or just play EP1&2 offline

landman
Jun 30, 2014, 06:53 AM
or just play EP1&2 offline
And miss Blue Burst story quests for Ep1, 2 and 4. They are the solely reason why I made my own "local server" many years ago.

reaper527
Jun 30, 2014, 09:19 AM
it's a moot point if anyone would be interested or not. there still isn't a psu private server yet. what makes anyone think there will be a pso2 private server anytime before the year 2020?

Though I would love Japan to be tried under the International Court System (which they are member to) for opening up software and services to foreigners on a wide scale and then altering licensing agreements post-launch barring foreigners from software after initially being welcomed to them.

people actually still pretend that the world court is relevant? that is actually more laughable than the idea of a pso2 private server in a foreseeable timeframe.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 10:14 AM
you talk about it as if it would be a simple feat, psu was already overcomplicated, i cant imagine how hard it would be on pso2.

The Walrus
Jun 30, 2014, 10:16 AM
well we have like 8 more years to ninja into Sega HQ and copy all their servers onto a sd card since they said the game was planned to be supported for 10 years.

That said its a Sega plan so we actually have 3 more years <.< >.>

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 10:18 AM
10 years, only if midway theres a graphics overhaul of the entire game, wich wont happen.

source:

wow.

Indignation Judgment
Jun 30, 2014, 10:51 AM
It's a shame I will never be able to Play PSU Episode 3 and other sub-story quest because the official servers closed and there is no alternative today. This or, Sega releasing an offline full version (but that would never happen).

I beleive that if we give them a litle of time, we can petition a re-release (and not jsut a remake) with a Lan-Online mode that replaces the Online mode, wit hthe content that was supossed to exist online. Sega has access to Steam for easy dirt delivery of games, too. They would be making extra money on a title that's long dead.

First however, we would need to see how PSO2 fares. we might need to wait until PSO2 dies or a IP block is placed while Segac (SoA) decides to not release the global server. Otherwise, launching such a product would impact PSO2 sales.

moorebounce
Jun 30, 2014, 12:09 PM
I would love it if PSO2 could be on a private server. I've been playing PSOBB for years on private servers. I didn't even play PSOBB until it hit private servers.

If all you could do was make skin and music mods . . . . hell yeah I'm there in a heart beat.

Ghalion
Jun 30, 2014, 12:22 PM
I've been wanting to discuss this for awhile now but haven't cuz I thought talking about private servers was against the forum rules.

In any case if pso2 got a private server, I'd hop on dat @%##@% faster than heck. Of course, I wouldn't send the host a single penny until they actually host the service for a certain length of time. I don't wanna be a victim to some kinda take your money and run scheme.

One thing good about a pso2 private server is people could play in English, speak to all the other users in English (this is of course assuming it was designed for people speaking English), and e-mail support, report people... in English.

As for playing it offline, I'd probably prefer that too actually, but for pso2, not some of the older games.

What I want to know though is how the heck do people start private servers for games in general. I don't understand where they get the software to host it with or whatever.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 12:48 PM
What I want to know though is how the heck do people start private servers for games in general. I don't understand where they get the software to host it with or whatever.

they find out how the real one works, make one of their own, and modify the client so it connects to their server instead of real one.

this means they would need to completely crack segas encription, understand how sega manages its server, how to replicate it etc...

Dammy
Jun 30, 2014, 12:56 PM
or get it directly from SEGA

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 01:13 PM
ill go talk to my ninja army!

oh wait....

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 01:31 PM
9 out of 10 private servers are absolute shit and cancer.
the rest are decent enough.
Decent.
Enough.
Though they still fucking suck.

Vetur
Jun 30, 2014, 02:23 PM
If AC scratch were free/earnable (ex: by voting in a reasonable time or for affordable meseta), or costumes were free/earnable, and it wasn't too laggy...
Yeah, I would.

I would not entirely ditch PSO2 JP, but I would definitely at least play this server for the fashion aspect.

Ordy
Jun 30, 2014, 02:29 PM
Actually, as I can see what people really want isn't a private server, but an hacked and improved version of the este with all the costumes/accessories to use on a character data.

Tivor
Jun 30, 2014, 02:35 PM
I'd like to be able to connect right now, that would be enough for me...

MasterGunz2345
Jun 30, 2014, 02:37 PM
I'd like to be able to connect right now, that would be enough for me...

same lol

Vetur
Jun 30, 2014, 02:41 PM
Actually, as I can see what people really want isn't a private server, but an hacked and improved version of the este with all the costumes/accessories to use on a character data.

Well said. :D

Tivor
Jun 30, 2014, 02:52 PM
And there's the thing that we wouldn't like to do everything again to get where we are. All those grinding, all those countless meseta spent, all the patience to unlock client orders.

Besides, I don't think people would easily trust any private server to be up and running 24/7 (except maintenance) for years. I wouldn't certainly.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 30, 2014, 03:07 PM
private server isn't impossible but it could be extremely difficult
now as for the ac scratch thing well i have seen private servers change that type of thing and all they would realistically have to do is set up a system where everybody gets 1k ac a week per account

fruiteaterz
Jun 30, 2014, 04:18 PM
True but then again, private MMOs using triples within their xp, item along with their cash rate systems were the short-lived ones. I've known one particular xp*1 WoW private server I was particularly fond of for 6 years with a constant user base of around 5000 people online and it is still running up to this date with their users numbering around the same figure. The admins must be doing something right when one might believe the game itself is as good as dead meat but that is getting off topic here XD. though I did call it quits as my friends influenced me to play Aion and other games but I wasn't content enough with anything until I bumped into PSO by chance. In the events of the feared IP ban however one must consider the possibility of rebelling in our own way by ignoring Sega. somewhere along the lines Ncsoft, Square Enix, Blizzard and other major gaming companies will always have snowflakes refusing to be bound by their rules. Just recently GaiaOnline changed its TOS without sending e-mails to inform us in such matters, and here we are speaking of a western company.

http://i.imgur.com/8XAJMrh.png?1

At this point I can't trust any companies, when it comes to shady private servers at least I choose to get trolled with my own consent. Often I find it that the admins of such servers are much more human and understanding than the big whales out in the sea who couldn't care less about anything that is not benefiting them enough, because these people are fed up with lies to no avail. Just see GaiaOline's example, I have been a user there for God knows how many years, paid for my exclusive virtual items and now it could be gone anytime lol.

Well I say #%@! I wish to be one of those code monkeys who were able to create or share the source code for a possible rip-off server =P

Shadowth117
Jun 30, 2014, 04:21 PM
true but then again, private mmos using triples within their xp, item along with their cash rate systems were the short-lived ones. i've known one particular xp*1 wow private server i was particularly fond of for 6 years with a constant user base of around 5000 people online and it is still running up to this date with their users numbering around the same figure. the admins must be doing something right when one might believe the game itself is as good as dead meat but that is getting off topic here XD. though i did call it quits as my friends influenced me to play aion and other games but i wasn't content enough with anything until i bumped into pso by chance. in the events of the feared ip ban however one must consider the possibility of rebelling in our own way by ignoring sega. somewhere along the lines ncsoft, square enix, blizzard and other major gaming companies will always have snowflakes refusing to be bound by their rules. just recently gaiaonline changed its TOS without sending emails to inform us in such matters, and here we are speaking of a western company.

at this point i can't trust any companies, when it comes to shady private servers at least i choose to get trolled with my own consent. often i find it that such server's admins are much more human and understanding because than the big whales out in the sea who couldn't care less about anything that is not benefiting them enough, because these people are fed up with lies to no avail. just see gaiaoline's example, i have been a user there for god knows how many years, paid for my exclusive virtual items and now it could be gone anytime lol.

well i say #%@! i wish to be one of those code monkeys who were able to create or share the source code for a possible rip-off server =P

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/

fruiteaterz
Jun 30, 2014, 04:39 PM
url posted by Shadowth117

for your consent i corrected some typo mistakes, and that's not my writing in the prntscr image but ty anyway shadowth117 for pointing out my grammar mistakes, i'm not a native english speaker so i have no excuse for my funny sentence structures and if it is the lack of use for Caps (i prefer not to use them) that is an entirely different matter and has absolutely nothing to do with this topic but peace out anyway =)

Shadowth117
Jun 30, 2014, 04:50 PM
Well, that would make more sense. It would just be good to keep in mind that posts can be a lot harder to read, especially when they're long, with improper grammar and such. I appreciate your acknowledgement of it at least.

Zona
Jul 1, 2014, 12:00 AM
If it's a open source project,that would be pretty good.That means,we can play PSO2 just with friends,no worriy about 816,no worriy about 630, no worriy about some stupid guys etc...

Tivor
Jul 1, 2014, 12:17 AM
I highly doubt it can be open source, because PSO2 itself isn't open source.

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 12:34 AM
I highly doubt it can be open source, because PSO2 itself isn't open source.

the server could be open source, altho if so, manny servers would show up?

making sega angry?

having an open source is good for development but i dont think it would work as in sega sueing everyones ass.

Macman
Jul 1, 2014, 01:13 AM
Technically they can't sue if the private server is geared towards an audience that Sega isn't currently trying to tap (Anything more west than SEA) so in order to actually have the grounds to sue people for hosting their own private PSO2 server, they'd have to start actually supporting those regions themselves.

It's the same reason people can't get caught and fined for sharing subbed anime that was never released in the US, or something. Unless that's changed recently. Either way Sega wouldn't have much ground to stand on in court.

fruiteaterz
Jul 1, 2014, 01:31 AM
and when we look at the emerge of wow private servers, hardly any have been sued and then closed down by blizzard. only the ones that were making a profit by selling items and whatnot.

Tivor
Jul 1, 2014, 01:58 AM
I think that to make an private server some reverse engineering would be required, and most EULAs forbid reverse engineering in any form.

cheatpso
Jul 1, 2014, 08:50 AM
a private server would be great and allowing free premium would what people switch servers for.

Ordy
Jul 1, 2014, 09:59 AM
Technically they can't sue if the private server is geared towards an audience that Sega isn't currently trying to tap (Anything more west than SEA) so in order to actually have the grounds to sue people for hosting their own private PSO2 server, they'd have to start actually supporting those regions themselves.

It's the same reason people can't get caught and fined for sharing subbed anime that was never released in the US, or something. Unless that's changed recently. Either way Sega wouldn't have much ground to stand on in court.

1. Technically, YES they can. According to the World Trade Organization's TRIPS agreement (which Japan and like 99% of the world is part of) Sega can sue any illegal PSO2 server host for copyright and intellectual property infringement. In that WTO agreement, programs are considered as literary works.

2. Can't get caught? Yes, they can. Are the japanese publishers going to? Probably not, because it would be too expensive. Scanlators and anime sub groups do it anyway because it's a "safe" activity before the work becomes licensed in other coutries. IIRC, in 2010 japanese publishers asked onemanga.com to remove all their manga to avoid legal actions, which they did. Just because a new Stephen king's book hasn't been licensed in, let's say .. german, it doesn't mean you have the right to share a fan translated german version .zip of the book on your facebook wall.

and when we look at the emerge of wow private servers, hardly any have been sued and then closed down by blizzard. only the ones that were making a profit by selling items and whatnot.

Afaik, Blizzard did sue a private server owner and were awarded $88m USD. Like I said above, they probably don't want to waste time, resources and money on small fry. Doesn't mean they approve private servers.

reaper527
Jul 1, 2014, 10:13 AM

and downloading roms is perfectly legal as long as you delete them within 24 hours /s

what you are citing is internet fiction, not something that is actually grounded in the law or any form of precedent.

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 10:23 AM
sega sued schtack and didnt win because there was a loophole in the tos, wich has been corrected in newer installments of the franchise.

fruiteaterz
Jul 1, 2014, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ordy Afaik, Blizzard did sue a private server owner and were awarded $88m USD. Like I said above, they probably don't want to waste time, resources and money on small fry. Doesn't mean they approve private servers.

Yep that's the one who was into making profit by real money item trade and gold purchase transactions, there was a couple more idiots like them whom Blizzard made an example of. However I haven't heard or read about cases where donations were used only to maintain the micro-servers and ended up on trial because of this.

ShinMaruku
Jul 1, 2014, 11:31 AM
My god you lot have lost your minds....

Tes
Jul 1, 2014, 11:34 AM
I'm still waiting for the PSU private server. Fat chance of that happening.

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 11:38 AM
I'm still waiting for the PSU private server. Fat chance of that happening.

with pso2's release, ill guess most efforts died.

Vintasticvin
Jul 1, 2014, 01:04 PM

As with the hopes and dreams of many

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2014, 01:33 PM

Indeed, but with PSO2 being locked out to a lot of people I'll bet that any PSU server projects will get more support.

Enough support? Hell if I know, but more support all the same.

SilverFoxR
Jul 1, 2014, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't normally consider it... but seeing as they've still screwed other regions over with delaying, then going completely silent about western localizations, maybe a PS would be the better option... seeing is how it might actually come out... at the very least much earlier than their versions.

Macman
Jul 1, 2014, 03:42 PM
sega sued schtack and didnt win because there was a loophole in the tos, wich has been corrected in newer installments of the franchise.
Happen to know the details? I'm curious.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 1, 2014, 03:51 PM
if i remember correctly ******** doesn't make a profit from PSOBB and it's not an organization aka company running the servers so basically Sega couldn't touch them due to it being Free and payed for by regular citizens as opposed to a company trying to steal there customers

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 03:53 PM
Happen to know the details? I'm curious.

it was a long time, i don't recall the details.

but what Miyuki_Kamiko said is pretty much it.

Vashyron
Jul 1, 2014, 04:05 PM
if i remember correctly ******** doesn't make a profit from PSOBB and it's not an organization aka company running the servers so basically Sega couldn't touch them due to it being Free and payed for by regular citizens as opposed to a company trying to steal there customers

"Donations" :wacko:

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 04:07 PM
said donations where to keep the server working, and even if its not, right now i think sega could care less for mr cat donations.

And all the riches that follow it...

Vashyron
Jul 1, 2014, 04:21 PM
said donations where to keep the server working, and even if its not, right now i think sega could care less for mr cat donations.

And all the riches that follow it...

More than the Mr Cat thing, perhaps you remember what Break revealed some years back? Plus I doubt it ends at that considering.

Though yeah doesn't matter now as Sega obviously doesn't care, just found that line humorous.

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 04:27 PM
i'm actually working on a huge overhaul of psobb. but its something i'm slowly working on.

Remember my HD hucast pack?

imagine all of pso like that...

ill probbly have a white beard when i finish.

shameless self ego boosting.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/085/6/5/hucast_replacement_skin_i_made____by_fullmindsoulo fsorow-d4u24mc.jpg
https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/541193_2655510961784_1296397727_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/s720x720/557152_2665725737147_2104563493_n.jpg

[/SPOILER-BOX]

notice i was like 5 years younger when i made this.

btw-Niji
Jul 1, 2014, 04:29 PM
People are still under the impression that Crono doesn't pocket the donations he receives for the server? Come on now...

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 04:33 PM
RIP IN PIECE FOREVER PSO2

NEVER FORGET THAT IT WAS B20'S FAULT FOR THIS IP BLOCK

lmao.

Tivor
Jul 1, 2014, 08:30 PM
Someone not me should begin making 9gag posts about that.

The Walrus
Jul 1, 2014, 08:38 PM
9gag

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2a6jssw.jpg

doublespaces
Aug 26, 2014, 02:31 AM
There is a private server being made. Thats all I will say for now :)

EDIT: This is a brand new account because apparently my old one was pruned since I haven't been here in basically several years. Sorry for the click bait, just wanted to let you know. Network comms is working.

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 03:49 AM
I'll just say something : meh

Rehal
Aug 26, 2014, 03:52 AM
There is a private server being made. Thats all I will say for now :)

EDIT: This is a brand new account because apparently my old one was pruned since I haven't been here in basically several years. Sorry for the click bait, just wanted to let you know. Network comms is working.

Nice, any idea of how much of donation is needed for that private server to show up? I can donate up to $500,000. :-D

NoiseHERO
Aug 26, 2014, 04:15 AM
This game is iffy enough as it is run by sega JP, worse sega NA...

Their fans?

Nah I'm good...

I kinda have a weird bias against a LOT of things taken into the hands of fans....

Especially Japanese media.

Also lol why the hell would you take drops out of TTF, and then actually have other quests bug up and no have drops as a result. fukken shenanigans. <_>

DJcooltrainer
Aug 26, 2014, 09:10 AM
I would be interested, if only to see how the game would be without the pay-2-win influence. Private servers are almost always janky in some way.

doublespaces
Aug 26, 2014, 10:06 AM
Nice, any idea of how much of donation is needed for that private server to show up? I can donate up to $500,000. :-D

There will be no cost... Thats not even remotely the idea. Its a personal project. Primary motivation is being IP blocked. This is not the first private server I have made. Dig real deep on the internet for something called "PhanServ".

Edson Drake
Aug 26, 2014, 11:24 AM
I'd try it out, could even donate depeding on how it's handled.

As much as I love PSO2, better pings no pay walls, etc would be preferable. Also, which version are you basing this? SEA english?

doublespaces
Aug 26, 2014, 11:35 AM
I'd try it out, could even donate depeding on how it's handled.

As much as I love PSO2, better pings no pay walls, etc would be preferable. Also, which version are you basing this? SEA english?

'We' absolutely are not interested in any kind of donation right now.

Second thing I'd like to point out, it is not planned to modify the game whatsoever for the moment. So all the in game currency etc is there to stay for now. There are so many other elements of making something like this even partially usable that need to be addressed. This is just a pet project.

Lastly, the client I run is SEA English. Wish someone would make the voice overs in english as well though.

Dan Maku
Aug 26, 2014, 12:03 PM
Not until all avenues for western players to play JP-PSO2 are closed off. For now, I can wait.

doublespaces
Sep 19, 2014, 03:43 PM
Just a bump, not vaporware.

Edson Drake
Sep 20, 2014, 06:09 AM
Yeah I searched around Google a few times about this Phanserv, no relevant results were ever found, so it must be a well-kept secret.

Btw AIDA, is this Cyberkitsune server based on the EN translation or SEA translation?

UnLucky
Sep 20, 2014, 06:29 AM
This game is iffy enough as it is run by sega JP, worse sega NA...

Their fans?

Nah I'm good...

I kinda have a weird bias against a LOT of things taken into the hands of fans....

Especially Japanese media.

Also lol why the hell would you take drops out of TTF, and then actually have other quests bug up and no have drops as a result. fukken shenanigans. <_>

No point playing on a private server that doesn't change everything on the whim of some idiot who thinks they know better which drives the game into the ground with countless terrible decisions stacked on top of each other.

Might as well just play the official version for that.

doublespaces
Sep 20, 2014, 01:16 PM
You folks probably aren't familiar with Myria Chan/Barubary and the Madeline server either. Schtack I worked with directly and he was the one who provided the encryption algorithm to me. I'm not asking for anyone to believe me, I'm happy yet disappointed that you've shown me this github. I will however continue to work with what little free time I have however.

I will also point out that your screenshot proves very little. The code I have not looked at but I'm sure it's in place, but you can get to ship select without any encryption required.

infiniteeverlasting
Sep 20, 2014, 03:37 PM
Lastly, the client I run is SEA English.

yeap.
this private server is not going to be good.