PDA

View Full Version : Good news! Mostly...

fishthefish89
Jun 30, 2014, 06:01 PM
I haven't been able to connect without using a vpn until I got off work just now and was able to connect just using tweaker. The only problem is my English patches are broken and refuse to install. I've tried just about all the troubleshooting I can think of except re-installing. Doing a fresh install through tweaker and hoping that works. Otherwise my connection seemed to be good without using a vpn so that's a good sign right?

Shinamori
Jun 30, 2014, 06:02 PM
Country and ISP plz.

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 06:04 PM
Country and ISP plz.

2nd this

fishthefish89
Jun 30, 2014, 06:20 PM
North America - Idaho
ISP is Host Idaho

I just tried from my laptop instead of my desktop and it was not working...Which is odd. I am currently re-installing it on my desktop so I can't check again to see if it was a fluke but I'll post again when this 2000 year download/install finishes.

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 06:23 PM
North America - Idaho
ISP is Host Idaho

I just tried from my laptop instead of my desktop and it was not working...Which is odd. I am currently re-installing it on my desktop so I can't check again to see if it was a fluke but I'll post again when this 2000 year download/install finishes.

Sounds like this further proves my theory that it's something to do with personal IP's, i can connect to the website on my phone but not on my PC, which are both connected to the same Wi-Fi. I've tried asking around with this issue but confirmed it further by asking my friend if he could connect to the website (He doesn't play PSO) and he connected without problems.

doomdragon83
Jun 30, 2014, 06:35 PM
For what it's worth, I've been playing since 3 days ago. I live in NYC and I have FIOS (no vpn) and use the tweaker but I get server timed out errors when trying to connect (all ships are shown to be offline). I have to try around 3-7 times to get the Authenticating message and log in. Once in, the only issue for me is random 630 errors when I try to go to my room/team room/switch blocks more than once but some times it immediately happens when I do those things. Actual gameplay is good, I only 630 once and that was earlier today, which is strange because yesterday, I was in a 5-6 minute long PSE burst and made it out just fine.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 06:38 PM
tweaker over here still says offline, but ill try to log in, feedback in a few.

edit.

nope still not working over here, 249

nanamin
Jun 30, 2014, 06:44 PM
Sounds like this further proves my theory that it's something to do with personal IP's, i can connect to the website on my phone but not on my PC, which are both connected to the same Wi-Fi. I've tried asking around with this issue but confirmed it further by asking my friend if he could connect to the website (He doesn't play PSO) and he connected without problems.

How could this be possible? What are the differences in terms of connection between your phone and PC? Are you sure the phone is not using 3G connection?

Kirukia
Jun 30, 2014, 06:57 PM
Just re-downloaded PSO2 after a few months along with Tweaker. Logged in immediately with no problems.

I live in Maryland and use Verizon FiOS (Which I've heard has had far fewer problems than other ISPs).

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 07:55 PM
How could this be possible? What are the differences in terms of connection between your phone and PC? Are you sure the phone is not using 3G connection?

The only difference i can see is the Personal IP's of the 2.. The phones mobile data is turned off and is connected Via Wi-Fi to my Router. Both the computer and phone are using the same connection, which along with my friend who's never visited the site before as well leads me to believe the problem lies with personal ip's, I'm in no way experienced with networking but its just what I've seen

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 09:10 PM
so i guess the backbones are slowly unlocking sectors or something?

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 09:29 PM
so i guess the backbones are slowly unlocking sectors or something?

Although i can't source this so i don't really expect anyone to believe me, so take it with a grain of sand.
My friend has contact with someone that works at Sega and asked him what the deal was, The TLDR response my friend got that he then told me was that currently PSO2 is running on a backup server before they get the main one up and running again.
Because they're using a backup server currently they most likely haven't redirected any IP's other than JP to the backup (Bar the few that are getting in like FIOS) This would also explain why people who haven't visited the site before / game can play normally since their IP doesn't need to be redirected and can go straight to the "new" server.
Like i said i can't actually source this in any way as its information from my friend so don't automatically believe I'm correct, this is just me speculating on what I've heard thus far.

Raymee
Jun 30, 2014, 09:33 PM
It seems SEGA made a change that people past a certain ping limit won't be able to play pso2 or visit the website itself (pso2.jp)

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 09:36 PM
As much as "My Dad works at the Internet" as that sounds, it would at least explain why the game cant handle me nowall the traffic. Backups are never as capable as main servers, or rather, not always.

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 09:37 PM
It seems SEGA made a change that people past a certain ping limit won't be able to play pso2 or visit the website itself (pso2.jp)

I don't believe this is true, since i can connect Via my phone but not my PC on the exact same connection. Ping shouldn't disrupt connecting to a website, i can understand a game but the website shouldn't be affected by ping.

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 09:39 PM
As much as "My Dad works at the Internet" as that sounds, it would at least explain why the game cant handle me nowall the traffic. Backups are never as capable as main servers, or rather, not always.

This is precisely why i didn't bother posting it as like a main post, because i understand it sounds completely like "My Dad works at the Internet"

It's not like i can source it, but I'll leave what i heard from my friend out there since it could actually be true.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 30, 2014, 09:45 PM
Is there a thread that LISTS all the members with USA members and EU member s and what their ISP that HAVE been able to log onto the game???? Like an actual list???

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 09:48 PM
NOPE.avi

No one has bothered to be constructive enough to make such a list.

You're free to try however.

People might not actually vomit all over it/inside it.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 09:57 PM
for the people that suddenly could connect, did the tweaker say online?

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 10:12 PM

I think the tweaker is getting blocked all the same as us, so even when you might be able to connect the tweaker will probably still call "Offline" as it cant get through, If it could it would say online but you still wouldn't be able to connect.

fishthefish89
Jun 30, 2014, 10:52 PM

Yeah tweaker still says offline for me. I am still downloading the game via tweaker right now because my english patches weren't working. Good lord this download takes forever haha >.>

Z-0
Jun 30, 2014, 10:58 PM
Most certainly not. My friend from Latvia who has like 320ms ping can connect with no problems, but my friend from Canada who has around 110ms gets error 107 56835968903586093586093856989305 times and still can't get through.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 11:01 PM
Yep. I used an incredibly laggy web proxy, and could still connect to the download servers with very few problems, when it flat out won't work at all without any proxy for me.

Houten
Jun 30, 2014, 11:11 PM
Still nothing, both via Tweaker and PSO2 Launcher

Canada, Telus

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 11:16 PM
Although i can't source this so i don't really expect anyone to believe me, so take it with a grain of sand.
My friend has contact with someone that works at Sega and asked him what the deal was, The TLDR response my friend got that he then told me was that currently PSO2 is running on a backup server before they get the main one up and running again.
Because they're using a backup server currently they most likely haven't redirected any IP's other than JP to the backup (Bar the few that are getting in like FIOS) This would also explain why people who haven't visited the site before / game can play normally since their IP doesn't need to be redirected and can go straight to the "new" server.
Like i said i can't actually source this in any way as its information from my friend so don't automatically believe I'm correct, this is just me speculating on what I've heard thus far.

So if we get a new IP address we can suddenly connect to the game because the new IP doesn't need to get redirected?

If thats the truth, then this whole situation of not being able to connect deserves a planet-sized facepalm.

Kirukia
Jun 30, 2014, 11:20 PM

Tweaker says offline, but I was still able to connect through it.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 11:29 PM
So if we get a new IP address we can suddenly connect to the game because the new IP doesn't need to get redirected?

If thats the truth, then this whole situation of not being able to connect deserves a planet-sized facepalm.
My IP changed a number of times while I was trying out different things, so I'm fairly sure that my entire range is unable to connect. Wonder if I could connect from a different city, though.

Manakura
Jun 30, 2014, 11:45 PM
My IP changed a number of times while I was trying out different things, so I'm fairly sure that my entire range is unable to connect. Wonder if I could connect from a different city, though.

This is precisely what's confusing me though, Why is it that i cant connect to the website on my PC but i can on my Phone (Mobile data turned off, Wi-Fi connected) to the Pso2.jp website? I can't think of anything that's different bar the IP address

lilibat
Jun 30, 2014, 11:51 PM
My tracerts, and any log attempts, just die from TN, Comcast Business. Nothing but 249.

Can't connect to the website via PC or mt ATT mobile either.

Sychosis
Jul 1, 2014, 12:02 AM
This is precisely what's confusing me though, Why is it that i cant connect to the website on my PC but i can on my Phone (Mobile data turned off, Wi-Fi connected) to the Pso2.jp website? I can't think of anything that's different bar the IP address

Your phone is using google to format web pages for mobile devices. Same reason my 3DS connects just fine while my PC stops dead before leaving my state.

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 12:32 AM
i dont know how the tweaker checks if the server is on or off, that's something only aida knows i would guess.

ill give it a try in a bit and report back.

edit.

Nope.jpg

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2014, 01:01 AM
I'm certain that the tweaker uses Internet Explorer to connect to the servers through HTTP URLs. That's the only way how could I fool it with a public proxy that comes to my mind.

Misaki Ki
Jul 1, 2014, 03:03 AM
It's getting better a bit. I'm now able to connect (VPN) through various places in Europe, but not the UK. Hong Kong got a reply from the authentication server as well.

I think, (not sure,) in general if your connection in the US heads West, you'll be blocked at some point in the various hops. East seems fine depending on your path through Europe. It makes sense to me, given which backbones you'd have to cross.

SnowfoxZero
Jul 1, 2014, 03:19 AM
The only difference i can see is the Personal IP's of the 2.. The phones mobile data is turned off and is connected Via Wi-Fi to my Router. Both the computer and phone are using the same connection, which along with my friend who's never visited the site before as well leads me to believe the problem lies with personal ip's, I'm in no way experienced with networking but its just what I've seen

It's not.

Sega has done its best to limit access to people located in Japan only. There's no telling if they plan to reverse the block or not, but it is there.