PDA

View Full Version : Lost Love for PSO2

Tes
Jul 1, 2014, 02:36 AM
What with all the recent uncertainty, i've found myself very hesitant to invest anymore time in PSO2. Managed to get online via that Pingzapper guide. But i'm not sure why, but I only played the game for about an hour or so when I got online.

I'm wondering if I mainly missed the game because I couldn't play it and now that I can, it just feels like living on borrowed time. This is partly due to the uncertainty of players outside of JP being able to play. But it also brought up reminders of when PSU closed and how heartbroken I was and how many thousands of hours worth of gaming I lost.

I guess I just don't want it to happen for a second time with PSO2. I mean all MMO's come to an end eventually. I suppose I should live in the here and now and enjoy it while it lasts but I'm struggling to drum up any enthusiasm for the game at the moment.

Anyone else felt like that since getting back online?

GMG
Jul 1, 2014, 03:12 AM
Its hard to enjoy the game when you feel like an illegal alien. After the TOS change we still knew they knew we were playing, Sakai even came out and acknowledged us, despite a huge scare we still felt welcome.

If we cannot get back in game naturally it will never be the same again, it will never feel the same again. The majority of our friends will be gone and our teams decimated. The game will never be quite the same for anyone including Japanese natives.

Hopefully SOJ has not forsaken us. If we are allowed to continue to play I would be very thankful and rejoice to enjoy the game once more knowing they still allow us to enjoy game.

If not no amount of VPN use or PZ would ever make me feel comfortable enough to truly enjoy any time I spend there-after in a place I loved so much at one time.

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 1, 2014, 03:26 AM
I agree with GMG. Although, I will be saddened to hear that after the maintenance or months later, we will not be able to log on. I just barely joined a team with the most awesome people in it and no more than a week when we merged with another team where MORE awesome people were in it. Honestly I feel sad for not being able to talk to them as I highly doubt they're even on this Blog site.

It just really sucks to start over to find awesome friends like they are, especially when a group of people decided to take something very dear away from you. I mean I don't what to say anymore after this, I'll just probably carry on.

SLY_J
Jul 1, 2014, 05:13 AM
Everyday, more and more people are starting to lose heart. Just remember, we're all here because we love Phantasy Star. No matter what happens, know that this is an AMAZING community. No amount of DDoS attacks, IP bans, or doomsayers will ever change that.

For over two years now, this community has been playing a game released in a foreign language on servers that exist halfway across the globe with accounts that required completing a capcha consisting of symbols most keyboards can't even type without the proper language support. That's one hell of a difficult environment to play in, and yet this community hasn't just coped with it but thrived in it. How many other gaming communities can claim to have persevered through circumstances even half as tough? Damn few, that's for sure. So even if all the doomsayers are right (and they're not), and these DDoS countermeasures are here to stay, remember that this community could never be undone by something so trivial.

The time you spend playing PSO 2 isn't something you can "lose". You haven't just been grinding levels and equipment; you've also been contributing to one of the most wonderfully dedicated, absurdly tenacious communities in gaming! Don't worry about losing your friends either; they're part of this community too. I guarantee you'll find each other again eventually, because this community isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Here, have an anti-depression cookie:
http://eatinggoodly.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/chocolate-chip-cookie.jpg

</peptalk>

SilkaN
Jul 1, 2014, 05:38 AM
I clicked on this thread while listening to this ( http://puu.sh/9JahF.mp3 ) and suddenly all of these posts felt strangely emotional.

Sierhiet
Jul 1, 2014, 05:52 AM
I'm wondering if I mainly missed the game because I couldn't play it and now that I can, it just feels like living on borrowed time.

This has been the reality since day one.

fay
Jul 1, 2014, 06:06 AM
Got to feel bad for all the people that worked on the English patch now since it's like their efforts were for nothing in the end.

Tashun
Jul 1, 2014, 06:13 AM
Yeah it's definitely a drag to be in the unknown for what will happen to the players outside of Japan, and because of that, several of us feel this way towards the game. Uncertain and out of passion.

Jul 1, 2014, 08:58 AM
Here, have an anti-depression cookie:
http://eatinggoodly.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/chocolate-chip-cookie.jpg

</peptalk>

How dare you lol. I hope you know that I am not capable to jump off a cliff for a "game". This surely made me laugh too much. PERFECT.

Jul 1, 2014, 09:00 AM
Got to feel bad for all the people that worked on the English patch now since it's like their efforts were for nothing in the end.

If I recall, I thought they liked doing it anyway, no matter the circumstances.

HIT0SHI
Jul 1, 2014, 09:01 AM
2 years of an awesome game that was translated for us. If this is it, it was definatly worth it imo.

RagolianHunter
Jul 1, 2014, 09:13 AM
I like many others am a Verizon Fios user and can log without any problem.

Be patient, your patience will set you free...................

shaken963
Jul 1, 2014, 09:16 AM
ok . Can I get refund for 7k AC.?

Jul 1, 2014, 09:20 AM
Be patient, your patience will set you free...................

Oh. My. God... lol

RagolianHunter
Jul 1, 2014, 09:21 AM
Uplifting right?? lol

AlaskanKactus
Jul 1, 2014, 11:43 AM

They gave everyone 2 solid years of a translated JP game. Keeping this community moving forward and streaming the sign up process to allow new players to play.

I can't call that a waste of time.

fishthefish89
Jul 1, 2014, 12:59 PM
Everyday, more and more people are starting to lose heart. Just remember, we're all here because we love Phantasy Star. No matter what happens, know that this is an AMAZING community. No amount of DDoS attacks, IP bans, or doomsayers will ever change that.

I have to agree on this one. I just started playing pso2 not too long ago and whether it be on forums or in game, the community has be great and super helpful. It seems like it is getting harder and harder to find games that the majority of the community aren't trolls or people you never want to speak with. Thats my 2 cents on this great pso community :D!

SilkaN
Jul 1, 2014, 01:04 PM
It seems like it is getting harder and harder to find games that the majority of the community aren't trolls or people you never want to speak with.

Did you read the B20 appreciation thread?

fishthefish89
Jul 1, 2014, 01:08 PM
Did you read the B20 appreciation thread?

I haven't. What/Where is it?

SilkaN
Jul 1, 2014, 01:14 PM

I can't find it anymore.
Well, that thread is too annoying to remember, but let me say this:
It showed that this forum, this community is just like every other community on the internet. Some of them are even worse than your usual forum trolls.
But, of course, there are some interesting/helpful/friendly users as well, so do your best while looking for them! ^^

fishthefish89
Jul 1, 2014, 01:25 PM
I can't find it anymore.
Well, that thread is too annoying to remember, but let me say this:
It showed that this forum, this community is just like every other community on the internet. Some of them are even worse than your usual forum trolls.
But, of course, there are some interesting/helpful/friendly users as well, so do your best while looking for them! ^^

Oh gotcha. Well I guess I have just gotten lucky and found some great people the last few days haha. I joined a team called Moonlight Sonata and they've been pretty cool so far.

HIT0SHI
Jul 1, 2014, 01:29 PM
:wacko:
B20 appreciation thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220033)

SilkaN
Jul 1, 2014, 01:40 PM
:wacko:
B20 appreciation thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220033)

Welp, there you go.
Be prepared to lose all faith in humanity (if you still have some).

fishthefish89
Jul 1, 2014, 01:45 PM
Welp, there you go.
Be prepared to lose all faith in humanity (if you still have some).

Haha oh joy >.>

Sychosis
Jul 1, 2014, 01:48 PM
That's a bit melodramatic. You'd come out more brain broken with your average visit to tumblr or youtube comments than you would reading PSOW.

fishthefish89
Jul 1, 2014, 01:58 PM
That's a bit melodramatic. You'd come out more brain broken with your average visit to tumblr or youtube comments than you would reading PSOW.

Yeah youtube and facebook comments are usually mind numbingly useless haha

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 1, 2014, 02:14 PM
The game got boring.
All I'm doing now is waiting for bouncer to come out.

Chdata
Jul 1, 2014, 02:28 PM
Its hard to enjoy the game when you feel like an illegal alien. After the TOS change we still knew they knew we were playing, Sakai even came out and acknowledged us, despite a huge scare we still felt welcome.

Haha nope no qualms at all playing regardless of what the ToS says. No problem if it goes down because I play other games too anyway.

Shinureal
Jul 1, 2014, 04:20 PM
I started playing PSO2 2 years ago, I can't claim that I'm an hardcore gamer who has spent lot of hours into it, I played occationally, due to work, studies and other games. But everytime I logged in, it was not just to play the game, but because I have friends there too, just loggin in, saying hello and waiting for their replies and then starting some conversations felt good. And that's the most thing that I'm going to miss if we are banned from the game.