PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Starting A petition to tell SEGA to stop this madness

Neneko_Hidaka
Jul 1, 2014, 07:01 AM
As we all know since the launch of PSO2 us westerners have been essentially "screwed" on multiple occasions and now after the DDOS attacks and SEGAS measure to block them has resulted in non JP IP adresses being block from accessing the PSO2 servers and i love this game so if people are still having major problems connected by friday 4th july im going to start a petition to plead to sega to either perform one of the following

1. Remove the IP blocks to all locations Including China and SouthEastAsia and leave things how they were.

2. Hurry up with the western version of PSO2 and let us transfer our characters from the original JP version and end this madness.

3. Add english option to the existing PSO2 launcher to load all item names UI and Character dialogue text to english it dosent even have to be proper sentence it can be broken machine translation for all i care.

however with starting this petition i plan on using change.org but i have no idea on any contact information on sega to send it to and if i end up going through with it i will post the link here in future but i hope it dosent come to that but if i must i must.
so people if i do have to do it please tell all your friends and family to sign it so we get more supporters and im also unsure about how many signitures i should collect so suggestions would be appreciated thanks

AlphaBlob
Jul 1, 2014, 07:03 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/45080386.jpg

Edson Drake
Jul 1, 2014, 07:08 AM
Madness?

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2014, 07:09 AM
Ah, a petition.

AlphaBlob
Jul 1, 2014, 07:09 AM
Madness?
THIS IS SEGAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

GHNeko
Jul 1, 2014, 07:10 AM
inb4peoplecomerainonherparade

o..w8. 2 l8.

If you're trying to get Sega of Japan to read a petition, you need to make sure the petition is completely in japanese. As such, it'd have to be properly translated in order for them to even be capable of taking it seriously.

Secondly, you'd need a couple tens of thousands of signatures in order to have the suits of SoJ and the share holders of SegaSammy to even look in the direction of our feeble cries.

If you feel that you can accomplish those 2 prerequisites, then you'd be best sending it to SEGAC HQ via contact email or straight up snail mail or some shit lol.

Your absolute best option is to become a share holder and bring this up at meetings lmao.

Kondibon
Jul 1, 2014, 07:13 AM
@OP: The only thing you've listed that has a remote chance of happening is the western version coming out, and even then it's REALLY remote and a petition isn't gonna help

THIS IS SEGAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/fbODNeb.gif

Sierhiet
Jul 1, 2014, 07:14 AM
Madness?

300 gif is so tempting right now...

On topic:

1. Logging in to their servers was against the ToS, regardless of any empty words from Sakai.

2. There is a giant pool of players who have simple been waiting patiently for their localized release, probably larger then the amount who've been playing JP at this point. None of which would appreciate the head start a character transfer would bring for some players, if even possible. It is not our fault you jumped the gun.

3. Current launcher was not intended for speakers of your language. Be happy you have a patch.

Erza
Jul 1, 2014, 07:21 AM
PETITIONING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFko0bd2dT8

Dammy
Jul 1, 2014, 07:30 AM
can you(not OP but community as a whole) please stop with all of these petitions BS ?

Forum User Y
Jul 1, 2014, 07:40 AM
2. There is a giant pool of players who have simple been waiting patiently for their localized release, probably larger then the amount who've been playing JP at this point. None of which would appreciate the head start a character transfer would bring for some players, if even possible. It is not our fault you jumped the gun.

I played the JP version for almost two years and i have to admit (with shame, don't get me wrong) i forgot all about the people patiently waiting. I hope you will be rewarded someday with a localized version, and that we'll all play together, "from scratch".

I'm also against a character transfert. If this dream comes true someday, i would want a fresh start. Bringing my character from JP version, it would be like bringing all the frustration and the madness with me. I would not be doing myself a favor.

If i move from JP one day, it will be behind me. I dunno i just think its "healthier" in some way. Let the garbage behind, start over, good as new. Kinda.

There is also the fact that a localized version would "very probably" be super late in updates compared to the JP version, so how could we even transfert our characters.

Vintasticvin
Jul 1, 2014, 07:52 AM
Yet another petition for Sega to use as butt wipes -_- Le sigh.

Angry_Ryudo
Jul 1, 2014, 07:59 AM
With slicer and whip weapon types, please.

Neneko_Hidaka
Jul 1, 2014, 08:01 AM
look all you people im only trying to cut the crap with all these region differences its and old stale worn out excuse in the olden days region blocks were understandable but now its has no placein the world anymore im not gonna go into detail about it but if i must i will and as long as we can understand the launguage and enjoy the gameplay then we should be able to play it and if you dont like it you can GTFO and die in the corner please because i am a future game dev and i hope to eliminate all these stupid region blocks so we can just all enjoy our games and have a fun time. what sega is doing is the exact oppisite of what im trying to do wich is why im doing this starting small with a single game and then moving up on a global scale.
i saw pso2 when it was new and i thought it looked really fun so i decided to play it and im not jumping the gun ill just pick up where i left off

SilkaN
Jul 1, 2014, 08:04 AM
look all you people im only trying to cut the crap with all these region differences its and old stale worn out excuse in the olden days region blocks were understandable but now its has no placein the world anymore im not gonna go into detail about it but if i must i will and as long as we can understand the launguage and enjoy the gameplay then we should be able to play it and if you dont like it you can GTFO and die in the corner please because i am a future game dev and i hope to eliminate all these stupid region blocks so we can just all enjoy our games and have a fun time. what sega is doing is the exact oppisite of what im trying to do wich is why im doing this starting small with a single game and then moving up on a global scale.
i saw pso2 when it was new and i thought it looked really fun so i decided to play it and im not jumping the gun ill just pick up where i left off

You know... Add in some punctuation and your post will be easier to read.
And a puny petition won't change anything in this case. Don't embarass yourself even more, please.

Zipzo
Jul 1, 2014, 08:07 AM

Good lord. I count, at most, 2 periods within this entire piece of jabber.

Erza
Jul 1, 2014, 08:13 AM
this thread has the potential to reach epic B-20 thread proportions

Sayara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:16 AM
There is nothing more than the waiting game for SEGA to get their stuff fixed.
As unforutnate as it sounds there is not anything that we can do til they can get that fixed (in terms of pushing SEGA along) Til then Im going to close this thread.