PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting PuTTY errors with Pingzapper?

the_importer_
Jul 1, 2014, 12:32 PM
Anyone else getting PuTTY errors with Pingzapper?

Manakura
Jul 1, 2014, 12:34 PM
I got it earlier, although I'm not risking pingzapper until after maintenance so i don't know why i got the popup, but it was there.

SilkaN
Jul 1, 2014, 12:42 PM
I tried PingZapper two times and didn't get any error.

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 12:52 PM
I got the error once, and it gave me an idea.
We could rent a cheap server in Japan that has SSH capabilities.
Configure it to allow SSH tunneling, and create our own version of PZ with dedicated IP!

MDashK
Jul 1, 2014, 12:56 PM
I also got the error when I tried PZ once.
I think it's normal, must be because of the "restart tunnel" process during gameplay, and since SHH tunnel uses putty....

Limni
Jul 1, 2014, 01:03 PM
I got the error once, and it gave me an idea.
We could rent a cheap server in Japan that has SSH capabilities.
Configure it to allow SSH tunneling, and create our own version of PZ with dedicated IP!

I've got a free Amazon EC2 Instance (t2.micro) in Japan but my current ssh tunneling software isn't working for PSO2 (Proxycap). The servers show as Online in the tweaker when I tunnel with it but I still get 249 in PSO2.

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 01:11 PM
Have you tried alternative softwares? Since PZ needs to restart the tunneling, perhaps you need to fiddle around with Proxycap aswell.

EDIT: Can you login with SSH into the server and send pings to the game servers?

Limni
Jul 1, 2014, 01:29 PM
Have you tried alternative softwares? Since PZ needs to restart the tunneling, perhaps you need to fiddle around with Proxycap aswell.

EDIT: Can you login with SSH into the server and send pings to the game servers?

After fiddling around with proxycap I've gotten it to work and since its t2.micro instances are free everyone could get their own instance and each Instance has a Unique IP. Just stuck on e-mail auth right now.

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 01:37 PM
Congrats! Mind you, if you can make a simple tutorial for what you did, I think you'll be the hero here. :3

Limni
Jul 1, 2014, 01:41 PM
Congrats! Mind you, if you can make a simple tutorial for what you did, I think you'll be the hero here. :3

I'll try to make a comprehensive guide with screenshots, it can take a while to setup. The main thing to note is it might take a while to get an Amazon Web Services account to be setup(around 8-24 hours) and you need a vaild CC.

moorebounce
Jul 1, 2014, 02:16 PM
I was getting them until I uninstalled some program I didn't recognized. Must have been a program I didn't see install while installing PZ.

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 02:23 PM
I'll try to make a comprehensive guide with screenshots, it can take a while to setup. The main thing to note is it might take a while to get an Amazon Web Services account to be setup(around 8-24 hours) and you need a vaild CC.

Great to hear that! BTW did you have to setup SSH on the server, or was it pre configured? This is a linux box right?

Limni
Jul 1, 2014, 02:42 PM
Great to hear that! BTW did you have to setup SSH on the server, or was it pre configured? This is a linux box right?

It's preconfigured since it's a Redhat 7 AMI, you just need to ssh into the server using the ssl key amazon gives you.

Jokai
Jul 1, 2014, 03:16 PM
I found this error to go away if I just restart my pc.

isCasted
Jul 1, 2014, 03:38 PM
I seem to get those randomly and in multiples when PZ is launched.

Limni
Jul 1, 2014, 04:37 PM

Here you go:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 04:50 PM

Shadowth117
Jul 1, 2014, 05:51 PM
Just FYI for those that got the issue after closing the game, I solved it by ending pingzapper's processes, disabling and reenabling my network adapter, and restarting pingzapper. So hopefully that makes it less annoying then restarting your computer.