PDA

View Full Version : For AT&T users only.

Skize
Jul 1, 2014, 07:18 PM
I'm currently talking to AT&T and will keep you guys updated, however, things are NOT looking good. So far, there are no official notices that states http://pso2.jp/ or the server have been blacklisted. The person I'm talking to is now trying to talk to a higher up team to see what is going on.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like they have no idea either. So whatever is happening, it's not something on AT&T's end. However, they did say, they'll keep checking to see what's going on and will let me know through e-mails, etc. But I'll check with them again tomorrow.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 1, 2014, 07:36 PM
thank you, I'll monitor this thread, as I have AT&T internet... :/

i'm still thinking it the excessively stringent anti-ddos measures causing the problems, I pray that these measures are greatly relaxed after tonight's game server maintanence...

even SOME japanese players are getting 107 and 249 errors...

gaijin_punch
Jul 1, 2014, 08:16 PM
thank you, I'll monitor this thread, as I have AT&T internet... :/

i'm still thinking it the excessively stringent anti-ddos measures causing the problems, I pray that these measures are greatly relaxed after tonight's game server maintanence... [/qiuote]

There's been no updates on the client side. Wouldn't be odd to see a different type of connection/authentication in the client which can allow for smarter blocking of frivolous connections.

[quote]
even SOME japanese players are getting 107 and 249 errors...

I'd say it's more than "some". You also gotta remember Japan is apparently allergic to communities like this one. The most verbal are shit holes like 2ch.

Takatsuki
Jul 1, 2014, 08:30 PM
I'm on AT&T, so please keep us posted.

BenekeSmith
Jul 2, 2014, 02:08 AM
AT&T here as well, although my connection has been crazy even before the DDoS. When I started in september of last year, I actually thought I had messed up my account, because even back then I got connection time outs when logging in and could only get past them by spamming login basically. The service remained steady after I logged in though (630s were rare). Currently I'm using a dedicated VPN with static IP and the same holds true; I can connect but I have to basically spend 20 minutes spamming login. Hopefully if they do something about this all this trouble will be gone...

Skize
Jul 2, 2014, 06:46 PM
Contacted them again today, but same thing. I might have to get some one even higher up or maybe a buddy of mine that knows the ins and outs of networking, etc.

IndigoNovember
Jul 2, 2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the update. Here's hoping for some good news down the line.

EvilMag
Jul 3, 2014, 01:07 PM
Bumping, mind giving us an update? Not having the greatest luck trying to get good support or even to a supervisor.

Searaphim
Jul 3, 2014, 01:25 PM
Can anyone using AT&T copy and paste a tracert pso2.jp ? For me it the signal is lost at atlas cogentco

IndigoNovember
Jul 3, 2014, 01:50 PM
For me I got:

1 myself
2 99-45-168-2.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net [99.45.168.2]
3 Request timed out.
30 Request timed out.

I'm in California.

Brimcon
Jul 3, 2014, 01:55 PM
Currently talking with a representative via Live chat. Being in California, I too get the same time out tracert, eg 1: Local, 2 ISP 3-30 Timed out.

UPDATE: It seems that there IS an IP block in place, as confirmed by my AT&T Rep.

As of June 28th, there was an update to block it.

IndigoNovember
Jul 3, 2014, 02:34 PM
Oh dear.

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 02:36 PM
If that's the case why can TWC connect ? it doesn't make sense to me

EvilMag
Jul 3, 2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah that makes no sense. I have a feeling there is something else...

AT&T reps are known to not know what they are talking about most of the time.

Brimcon
I don't know, it bothers me as well.

Edit: Can someone else call them or go through their live chat?

Poyonche
Maybe for USA, but not in France.

There are 2 working ISP in France : SFR and Orange(not sure for this one)
3 not working : Free, Bouygues Telecom and Numericable

So with dat, IP block theory can go to trashbin :D

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 02:38 PM
Currently talking with a representative via Live chat. Being in California, I too get the same time out tracert, eg 1: Local, 2 ISP 3-30 Timed out.

UPDATE: It seems that there IS an IP block in place, as confirmed by my AT&T Rep.

As of June 28th, there was an update to block it.

did you mention IP Ban in your conversation at all ? If you did he/she probably said that to just get you off the line and close the case/ticket

Brimcon
Jul 3, 2014, 02:40 PM
did you mention IP Ban in your conversation at all ? If you did he/she probably said that to just get you off the line and close the case/ticket

No, I was adamant in saying that it was a Blacklist.

It.. may have been my error in saying that.

wohdin
Jul 3, 2014, 02:50 PM
I have a trashy local ISP, but I'm like 99% sure the bandwidth is leased from AT&T, and I'm definitely locked out. Actually, tracert times out right after reaching my local ISP. So I doubt my ISP would be able to do anything about it, if it's an issue with AT&T's service.

btw-Niji
Jul 3, 2014, 02:51 PM
It's possible that person you were talking to had no idea what was going on and just looked on the internet for information.

My friend spoke to his ISP the other day and the guy he was talking to was looking on PSO2 Reddit about it... >_>

Vetur
Jul 3, 2014, 02:54 PM
I think I have AT&T, and I also can't get on. It's not giving me any errors though... just can't connect to any ships, which are all greyed out with "Unknown".

Brimcon
Jul 3, 2014, 02:55 PM
It's possible that person you were talking to had no idea what was going on and just looked on the internet for information.

My friend spoke to his ISP the other day and the guy he was talking to was looking on PSO2 Reddit about it... >_>

That doesn't surprise me either.

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 02:56 PM

Hahahahahha oh man that's funny as hell!

Brimcon
Jul 3, 2014, 02:57 PM
So is anyone else going to "Call" or attempt to contact them?

Be sure to emphasize the fact it doesn't leave the ISP's server.

Poyonche
Jul 3, 2014, 02:58 PM
Can someone gimme the number to call AT&T about dat issue ?

Its for a NA friend since im from EU :3

Brimcon
Jul 3, 2014, 03:00 PM
Can someone gimme the number to call AT&T about dat issue ?

Its for a NA friend since im from EU :3

You will need your friend's phone number/account number/Full Name for the account information and things to even talk to AT&T.

Poyonche
Jul 3, 2014, 03:04 PM
You will need your friend's phone number/account number/Full Name for the account information and things to even talk to AT&T.

I was asking it since the account was under one of her roomates and she losts AT&T numbre :3

Brimcon
Jul 3, 2014, 03:05 PM
I was asking it since the account was under one of her roomates and she losts AT&T numbre :3

http://www.att.com/contactus/index/internet.html

Have her go there.

Poyonche
Jul 3, 2014, 03:06 PM

Have her go there.

Thanks you very much :-D

Sychosis
Jul 3, 2014, 03:16 PM

Haha, oh God this sounds so plausible it hurts to live.

SamayouSamurai
Jul 3, 2014, 04:17 PM
I called AT&T today again and got a tech that willing to help. He said he would forward my case to central office.

There are two key points I mentioned.

1. Indicate that some other ISP can connect and you can connect to it through proxy/vpn service.
2. Ask the tech to do a trace route from their computer. This would prove that the package never leave AT&T network.

Now, If the AT&T would response with something like "AT&T doesn't blacklist or block anyone, so the other end(PSO2) must be blocking you".
At this point, you should tell them again that people can access to PSO2 through certain ISP. Also, the trace route would at least reach to somewhere in Japan Network before the actual block hits, in case it is blocking you/us.

I hope the above makes sense for you and get more people to contact AT&T to fix their Routing.

Skize
Jul 3, 2014, 10:26 PM
Welp, glad to see others willing to call AT&T.

Update: I'm stomped. Basically this is out of the scope of regular Tech Support apparently. Got referred to their Connect Tech support; however, I don't pay $50 for that service so I'm pretty much out of luck. Hopefully some of you guys will have better luck than I am.

Sounds like Samayou is having better luck though.

Chidori
Jul 4, 2014, 09:12 AM
Im so glad people are calling up At&t for this issue, the more people hammering down at these ISP's the faster they should hopefully lift this isp block. I'll try to contact At&t aswell and see if I can help somewhat ^^;

Chidori
Jul 4, 2014, 01:39 PM
I'm sure someone already provided this link put i'll post it again just incase ^^;
Here is a link so you can contact At&t =

Specialgirl
Jul 5, 2014, 02:07 PM
I made an accout for this thread
I called at&t got redirected to technical support from there i was transfered to a diffrent company who apparently controls the internet and they said they would sync it with timewarner after i said they can connect.
Now after all that they told me I was being charged and have a nice day
noone told me i was being charged why am i being charged for a problem everyone is suffering :(
im being transfered around right now thru att to resolve

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2014, 02:08 PM
I made an accout for this thread
I called at&t got redirected to technical support from there i was transfered to a diffrent company who apparently controls the internet and they said they would sync it with timewarner after i said they can connect.
Now after all that they told me I was being charged and have a nice day
noone told me i was being charged why am i being charged for a problem everyone is suffering :(

SSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A catalyst for fucking over gamers since FSOD

Specialgirl
Jul 5, 2014, 02:48 PM
there is no charges to the u-vers bill so i went to check on the cellphone bill and they requier completly diffrent security this will get the real owner of the phones involved and that is overcomplicating it this is gona take probably a few days just to explain this all to the correct people

Chidori
Jul 5, 2014, 03:02 PM
i managed to call At&t and inform them of my situation and once i managed to get a tech support to run a tracert on his own computer so it proves that the packets of information/signal is not leaving the At&t network they admitted that it a problem on their end and they will send this report to a higher lvl tech expert. Here is hoping this is good news but i wont hold my breath ^^;

Specialgirl
Jul 5, 2014, 03:07 PM
but why was i transfered to the company that connects att to the rest of the world and then charged for tech supporting the att network

EvilMag
Jul 5, 2014, 03:08 PM
i managed to call At&t and inform them of my situation and once i managed to get a tech support to run a tracert on his own computer so it proves that the packets of information/signal is not leaving the At&t network they admitted that it a problem on their end and they will send this report to a higher lvl tech expert. Here is hoping this is good news but i wont hold my breath ^^;

I hope you sent both the IPs of the game server and website to support.

Chidori
Jul 5, 2014, 03:25 PM
Yep sent both ISPs, also im not sure why they would do that to you, they didnt try that with me. If i wer to guess though it's that right now the only Internet Service Provider that works for pso2 is Time Warner Cable and thats why you wer directed there, as for the fee i dont know sorry ^^;

Also just incase anyone needs it here is a link to their customer service care on twitter
http://twitter.com/ATTCustomerCare

And for anyone who doesn't know what a tracert is or how it works, here is a video explaining how = using trace route (tracert) in Windows - YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=mY-R0tdv59Y)

Hope this helps guys ^^;

Specialgirl
Jul 5, 2014, 03:27 PM
Yep sent both ISPs, also im not sure why they would do that to you, they didnt try that with me. If i wer to guess though it's that right now the only Internet Service Provider that works for pso2 is Time Warner Cable and thats why you wer directed there, as for the fee i dont know sorry ^^;

Also just incase anyone needs it here is a link to their customer service care on twitter
http://twitter.com/ATTCustomerCare

And for anyone who doesn't know what a tracert is or how it works, here is a video explaining how = using trace route (tracert) in Windows - YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=mY-R0tdv59Y)

Hope this helps guys ^^;

I wasnt directed to time warner I was directed to the tech support of what ever company takes care of time warner and at&t's internet network they said they would sync at&t to time warner and that should fix the problem and that I will be charged have a nice day

Megalomax
Jul 6, 2014, 12:26 PM
Has anyone made any progress with AT&T?s

Edit: I called AT&T but I'm pretty sure the rep didn't know what they were talking about but she said the Network Manager told her that the DDoS Attacks were only down temporarily but I mean, I don't really know. She said to just wait it out.

.Jack
Jul 8, 2014, 03:51 PM
For me I got:

I'm in California.

Mine was identical until today.

It went from
1 myself
2 numbers
3 Request timed out.
30 Request timed out.

Now it's
1 myself
2 numbers
3 numbers
4 numbers
5 numbers
6 Request timed out.
30 Request timed out.

I'm not sure what that means.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 8, 2014, 07:47 PM
Mine was identical until today.

It went from
1 myself
2 numbers
3 Request timed out.
30 Request timed out.

Now it's
1 myself
2 numbers
3 numbers
4 numbers
5 numbers
6 Request timed out.
30 Request timed out.

I'm not sure what that means.

This is good. This means that the routes (think of it as "roadways" over the Internet) to Japan are slowly being restored. Before you could only get 2 "hops", but now you're getting 5. If the Internet sorts itself out over the next (whatever amount of time) you should be able to get more and more routes until you can actually get to the PSO2 servers.

EvilMag
Jul 8, 2014, 08:34 PM
Sometimes I seem to get an IP on bounce 3 but still dies for the rest.

Macman
Jul 8, 2014, 09:38 PM
I've always always stopped after the third node.

Chidori
Jul 13, 2014, 10:49 AM
any progress on this?

Eternal255
Jul 13, 2014, 07:45 PM
I just did a tracert on ship 9 (the ship i play on) and it completed. 30 jumps, the last ip listed wasnt the same as the server so im not sure what that's about. But the trace completed.

I still cant connect to the game nor website, however.

Attempting again with a larger amount of hops (100)

Edit: So I did 100 jumps, and starting from jump #17, it just starts to go back and forth from two IPs:

95 176 ms 179 ms 185 ms 158.205.104.60
96 156 ms 161 ms 160 ms 158.205.104.49
97 175 ms * 175 ms 158.205.104.60
98 174 ms 161 ms 173 ms 158.205.104.49
99 172 ms 184 ms 188 ms 158.205.104.60
100 158 ms 153 ms 171 ms 158.205.104.49

Tracerout to pso2.jp doesnt get passed my router.

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 14, 2014, 01:38 AM
AT@T User here, keep us updated. (。・ω・)ノ゙ My planet needs me.

TheszNuts
Jul 14, 2014, 12:48 PM
What's the status on this?

SakoHaruo
Jul 14, 2014, 12:55 PM
What's the status on this?

Wait untill tomorrow night. That's the status! \o/

Jul 16, 2014, 04:20 AM
Lol and nothing.

Jul 16, 2014, 08:22 AM
So, is anyone from AT&T able to connect yet?

Vintasticvin
Jul 16, 2014, 08:47 AM
We shall persevere!

trendyideology
Jul 16, 2014, 08:51 AM
So, is anyone from AT&T able to connect yet?

Nope.

Maint is not going to be what solves anyone's connection issues.

Sega isn't broadcasting/publishing/whatever routing info outside of JP ISPs, so maint won't change that, that's a decision they'll either make or not make, they could arbitrarily try to implement a change to how they're currently operating at the same time as maint, but there'd be no real reason or need for that.

Sega isn't IP blocking you, and even if they were you don't need maint to fix that.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 16, 2014, 12:30 PM
Alright, I'm done lurking.

How about this: We know the people who are getting in, we should ask them about any sort of IP logs they may have. Of course if they are able to get in, they should have access to a way to get the IP address of all the new servers and such.

Have them get those, and we shove those down our crappy ISP's throats to fix this mess.

I don't care how they get it, it could be through IP logs, or tracing or something, but that seems like the best idea. AT&T is not competent enough to step their foot in JP's mouth and make them give that info.

The thing is: we just need the new IP addresses, get those, give them to the companies, and boom. There ya go.

Jul 16, 2014, 01:20 PM
Alright, I'm done lurking.

How about this: We know the people who are getting in, we should ask them about any sort of IP logs they may have. Of course if they are able to get in, they should have access to a way to get the IP address of all the new servers and such.

Have them get those, and we shove those down our crappy ISP's throats to fix this mess.

I don't care how they get it, it could be through IP logs, or tracing or something, but that seems like the best idea. AT&T is not competent enough to step their foot in JP's mouth and make them give that info.

The thing is: we just need the new IP addresses, get those, give them to the companies, and boom. There ya go.

Lol sure, but first, we play the waiting game, AGAIN. That's what PSO WORLD community is so good at, to make us wait for info to be disclosed when they do know and don't bother telling us in an instant.

OOPS I SAID THAT OUT LOUD! :3

EDIT: their orgasm right now while being able to play is much more important than to "help one another and be friendly" fufufufu. :3

Scarlet-Star
Jul 16, 2014, 01:54 PM
Lol sure, but first, we play the waiting game, AGAIN. That's what PSO WORLD community is so good at, to make us wait for info to be disclosed when they do know and don't bother telling us in an instant.

EDIT: their orgasm right now while being able to play is much more important than to "help one another and be friendly" fufufufu. :3

Well here's a thing about me, I don't give a damn about their enjoyment, they want less complaints? they want less crying? They don't want to be harassed? Well then: help us, so we can help you, feel better.

that's how I respond to them, otherwise, they can happily vanish from the community, I, and I'm sure many others, wouldn't miss them.

SLY_J
Jul 16, 2014, 05:01 PM

Sweet glazed rappy on a stick, do you really think there's a giant conspiracy to keep you from playing the game? Furthermore, who's "they"? What do "they" know that "they" aren't telling us? Are you suggesting that "they" know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it and aren't saying anything? PSO-World is not some sort of super secret SEGA council of evil. It's a fan site. Run by fans just like you.

Do you honestly think that every single person who manages to connect to PSO2 right now is some sort of magical networking IT guru holding a piece to the puzzle and refusing to disclose it due to some aimless unprovoked sense of malice? Most people who can connect right now merely have a different ISP. The majority of them don't know the first thing about networking and wouldn't even know where to start. It's not that they won't help. It's that they can't help. Expecting them all to pitch in to help solve this is like walking into a hospital and expecting every single human being in the building to be a brain surgeon. It's silly.

Well here's a thing about me, I don't give a damn about their enjoyment, they want less complaints? they want less crying? They don't want to be harassed? Well then: help us, so we can help you, feel better.

that's how I respond to them, otherwise, they can happily vanish from the community, I, and I'm sure many others, wouldn't miss them.

Firstly, if you don't give a damn about their enjoyment, why should they give a damn about yours? Secondly, are you seriously trying to threaten "them" with a never ending stream of complaints and harassment? That's called whining, and it's not just silly. It's juvenile.

I have AT&T too so I get your frustration. But you guys need to calm down and understand that we're all victims of circumstance here, not some sort of dark backroom conspiracy. We're just collateral damage, plain and simple. Above all else, remember that you aren't alone in this, and everybody else here really does care. Those who can, are doing everything in their power to help, whether it's posting tracerts or writing guides on a multitude of methods for bypassing the problem until it gets solved. Speaking of which:

Using a VPN: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219610
Using Pingzapper: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220216
Using an Amazon EC2 Server (This is what I use and highly recommend): http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

People ARE trying to help. You aren't being ignored, and you certainly aren't being forgotten.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 16, 2014, 05:21 PM
Sweet glazed rappy on a stick, do you really think there's a giant conspiracy to keep you from playing the game? Furthermore, who's "they"? What do "they" know that "they" aren't telling us? Are you suggesting that "they" know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it and aren't saying anything? PSO-World is not some sort of super secret SEGA council of evil. It's a fan site. Run by fans just like you.

Do you honestly think that every single person who manages to connect to PSO2 right now is some sort of magical networking IT guru holding a piece to the puzzle and refusing to disclose it due to some aimless unprovoked sense of malice? Most people who can connect right now merely have a different ISP. The majority of them don't know the first thing about networking and wouldn't even know where to start. It's not that they won't help. It's that they can't help. Expecting them all to pitch in to help solve this is like walking into a hospital and expecting every single human being in the building to be a brain surgeon. It's silly.

Firstly, if you don't give a damn about their enjoyment, why should they give a damn about yours? Secondly, are you seriously trying to threaten "them" with a never ending stream of complaints and harassment? That's called whining, and it's not just silly. It's juvenile.

I have AT&T too so I get your frustration. But you guys need to calm down and understand that we're all victims of circumstance here, not some sort of dark backroom conspiracy. We're just collateral damage, plain and simple. Above all else, remember that you aren't alone in this, and everybody else here really does care. Those who can, are doing everything in their power to help, whether it's posting tracerts or writing guides on a multitude of methods for bypassing the problem until it gets solved. Speaking of which:

Using a VPN: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219610
Using Pingzapper: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220216
Using an Amazon EC2 Server (This is what I use and highly recommend): http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

People ARE trying to help. You aren't being ignored, and you certainly aren't being forgotten.

I wasn't threatening them with complaints, sounded like it yes, but I never said any of the harassment was going to be coming from me.

Also, yes I said that, because obviously, that's the logic of the people who are able to play without a vpn that is being used no doubt. They could care less about the people who aren't as lucky right? I'm not gonna be some idiot who's going to be pointlessly optimistic and say: "I'm sure they're doing all they can. They're so lucky." Hell no, that's never gonna happen. I don't give a damn about their enjoyment simply because I'm pretty sure they never gave any about mine, or anyone elses for that matter.

Also, thanks for those links, but I'm already using a service to get myself in perfectly fine, all I want to do is used my much needed Make-up ticket so I can get the new ideal look I want, after that, waiting can be as long as they want it to be.

Yeah, sure, we're all victims of circumstance, collateral damage that just seems a bit too well fit for SEGA, if I wasn't balls to the wall retarded, dare I say SEGA Arranged for this crap just so they could do this and try and NOT make themselves look bad by saying: "Oh, we didn't block you out, but we're not allowed to help, because of our remade TOS to cater to certain folks." Honestly, I doubt this is anywhere near the truth, but I wouldn't be surprised by, some wacky events, it turned out to be.

The only thing I'm truly frustrated with: is company incompetence on BOTH sides. ISPs, and SEGA, well, not just SEGA, but Japan as a whole, but that's due to things not related to SEGA entirely.

SLY_J
Jul 16, 2014, 08:45 PM
I wasn't threatening them with complaints, sounded like it yes, but I never said any of the harassment was going to be coming from me.

Fair enough, although I still don't see how complaints and harassment will help anyone, regardless of where it comes from.

Also, yes I said that, because obviously, that's the logic of the people who are able to play without a vpn that is being used no doubt. They could care less about the people who aren't as lucky right? I'm not gonna be some idiot who's going to be pointlessly optimistic and say: "I'm sure they're doing all they can. They're so lucky." Hell no, that's never gonna happen. I don't give a damn about their enjoyment simply because I'm pretty sure they never gave any about mine, or anyone elses for that matter.

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting this from. While I'll fully admit there are probably a few players out there who think like that, the majority of players I've seen lament the fact that there's so few of us online these days. A great deal of us have several friends who can't connect because they're on other ISPs, and the fact that we can't play with them constantly makes the game harder to enjoy. I'd even go as far as to suggest that a few players are even suffering from a (very) mild case of Survivor Guilt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_guilt): I've seen a few players who hop on to socialize, but don't do much of anything else besides TACOs because they feel bad playing without their friends.

Obviously that's not how everyone thinks, but this particular attitude is prevalent enough to warrant mentioning. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure if those players thought there was anything they could do to help their friends back online, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Also, thanks for those links, but I'm already using a service to get myself in perfectly fine, all I want to do is used my much needed Make-up ticket so I can get the new ideal look I want, after that, waiting can be as long as they want it to be.

No problem, I just posted those because I suspected several people in the thread either weren't aware of the most prevalent methods of bypassing the problem, or hadn't bothered to give any of them a try yet.

Yeah, sure, we're all victims of circumstance, collateral damage that just seems a bit too well fit for SEGA, if I wasn't balls to the wall retarded, dare I say SEGA Arranged for this crap just so they could do this and try and NOT make themselves look bad by saying: "Oh, we didn't block you out, but we're not allowed to help, because of our remade TOS to cater to certain folks." Honestly, I doubt this is anywhere near the truth, but I wouldn't be surprised by, some wacky events, it turned out to be.

Oh yes, the way Sega managed to Mr. Magoo themselves into such a favorable position is both hilarious and very slightly suspicious. Still, I can't imagine they planned for this. There's no reason to think they did this just to satiate a vocal minority of angry JP players. And yet...I can't help but feel a nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

The only thing I'm truly frustrated with: is company incompetence on BOTH sides. ISPs, and SEGA, well, not just SEGA, but Japan as a whole, but that's due to things not related to SEGA entirely.

Ah ok, from your first post I thought you were directing most of your ire at the community. That's what set me off. Sorry if I kinda came in acting like a jerk. I get defensive about the community here. This community is awesome and it bugs me when people unfairly use it as a scape doll.

EDIT: GOAT. I MEANT SCAPEGOAT.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 16, 2014, 09:44 PM
Fair enough, although I still don't see how complaints and harassment will help anyone, regardless of where it comes from.

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting this from. While I'll fully admit there are probably a few players out there who think like that, the majority of players I've seen lament the fact that there's so few of us online these days. A great deal of us have several friends who can't connect because they're on other ISPs, and the fact that we can't play with them constantly makes the game harder to enjoy. I'd even go as far as to suggest that a few players are even suffering from a (very) mild case of Survivor Guilt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_guilt): I've seen a few players who hop on to socialize, but don't do much of anything else besides TACOs because they feel bad playing without their friends.

Obviously that's not how everyone thinks, but this particular attitude is prevalent enough to warrant mentioning. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure if those players thought there was anything they could do to help their friends back online, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

No problem, I just posted those because I suspected several people in the thread either weren't aware of the most prevalent methods of bypassing the problem, or hadn't bothered to give any of them a try yet.

Oh yes, the way Sega managed to Mr. Magoo themselves into such a favorable position is both hilarious and very slightly suspicious. Still, I can't imagine they planned for this. There's no reason to think they did this just to satiate a vocal minority of angry JP players. And yet...I can't help but feel a nagging doubt in the back of my mind.

Ah ok, from your first post I thought you were directing most of your ire at the community. That's what set me off. Sorry if I kinda came in acting like a jerk. I get defensive about the community here. This community is awesome and it bugs me when people unfairly use it as a scape doll.

EDIT: GOAT. I MEANT SCAPEGOAT.

no, you meant scape doll.

and yes, this community is great honestly. A little rough at times, but still great nonetheless I wouldn't really get mad at this community, hell I don't even feel right playing without most of them in the background when I play. when I was on block 20 today, god it felt kinda... sad. Like it didn't help falz was coming up, but it just made it seem like falz went and killed half the population.

Jul 17, 2014, 02:26 AM

Buddy calm down, I know you don't know me well, yet. But I was actually joking. And please, whenever you mention 'conspiracy' don't ever use it against me, EVER. I am no conspiracy theorist, nowhere near like those abominations. I may not be tech savvy, but surely I don't go posting obnoxious comments like "Yeah hahaha I knew it guys, see I told you, it was an IP block all this time hahaha". But anyway, let's just leave that behind us now. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

(Idola)
Aug 4, 2014, 04:59 PM
Peace and love...

Anything from anyone...?

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 05:14 PM
no, you meant scape doll.

and yes, this community is great honestly. A little rough at times, but still great nonetheless I wouldn't really get mad at this community, hell I don't even feel right playing without most of them in the background when I play. when I was on block 20 today, god it felt kinda... sad. Like it didn't help falz was coming up, but it just made it seem like falz went and killed half the population.

This community is a little rough? No no no no this community is very rough and easy to make panic in also its great to walk through B20 and not see any lobby trash taking up space but it seems their numbers are starting to go up again and would be nice to log them out. Trust me if I had the power to do it I'd had taken care of those 3-5 idlers.

Imjake
Aug 4, 2014, 09:07 PM
This community is a little rough? No no no no this community is very rough and easy to make panic in also its great to walk through B20 and not see any lobby trash taking up space but it seems their numbers are starting to go up again and would be nice to log them out. Trust me if I had the power to do it I'd had taken care of those 3-5 idlers.

Wow. Such douchey-ness