PDA

View Full Version : The new EQ(It's not a DDoS or login thread!)

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:05 PM
What do you think the new EQ's going to be like?

If you look at the minimap in this screenshot(Pulled from Bumped):
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Falz-Angel-New-Eq-508x285.jpg

The map looks like it'll be designed like Cradle of Darkness and Leading Border Breaker, with the entire area designed for a whole MPA. This would have to mean Falz Angel's HP would need to be EXTREMELY buffed from the story version, otherwise the MPA will murder him in 5 seconds. Do you think that'll happen?

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2014, 08:06 PM
We'll all let you know when we can actually connect and play it.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 1, 2014, 08:06 PM
What do you think the new EQ's going to be like?

If you look at the minimap in this screenshot(Pulled from Bumped):
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Falz-Angel-New-Eq-508x285.jpg

The map looks like it'll be designed like Cradle of Darkness and Leading Border Breaker, with the entire area designed for a whole MPA. This would have to mean Falz Angel's HP would need to be EXTREMELY buffed from the story version, otherwise the MPA will murder him in 5 seconds. Do you think that'll happen?

i was reading about this it looks interesting to say the least :)

MimiChan
Jul 1, 2014, 08:09 PM
It's it just limited quest style EQ with different bosses on it plus Angel?m

The question if is the map randomized or preset, and it's time based not point based.

Angel's HP would surely have a boost, just like how Hunar in story is weaker than original (or it's just because of level variance)

I just hope they make the EQ worthwhile not just something like Limited Quest v.2

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:10 PM

That's not just offtopic, it's antitopic!

That's alright though, I can log in just fine, so I'll tell you how it is - you don't have to worry about being able to play.

Back to the topic, I hope they buff him so that he's just as efficient as Blu Ringahda is at murdering MPAs.

Skize
Jul 1, 2014, 08:11 PM

So much this. Sorry, but until I can play without a VPN, etc I'm not gonna disappoint myself any further with all these new updates :C

gaijin_punch
Jul 1, 2014, 08:17 PM
The only thing I read on it is available in the main page, and that you'll only get to fight the new DF in scheduled Kinkyuu. I'm sure they pushed the release date of that (and new TD) due to this past weeks antics.

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:18 PM
It's it just limited quest style EQ with different bosses on it plus Angel?m

The question if is the map randomized or preset, and it's time based not point based.

Angel's HP would surely have a boost, just like how Hunar in story is weaker than original (or it's just because of level variance)

I just hope they make the EQ worthwhile not just something like Limited Quest v.2

It's not a limited quest, it's a permanent Emergency Quest like Falz Hunar's 'The Oncoming Darkness'. This is the EQ that the Mothership area was actually designed for, unlike the Limited Quest. It will definitely not be point-based, it's a regular boss mission, where Falz Angel defeat is the goal.

The only thing I read on it is available in the main page, and that you'll only get to fight the new DF in scheduled Kinkyuu. I'm sure they pushed the release date of that (and new TD) due to this past weeks antics.

It's coming tonight, which is a week after it was supposed to.

gaijin_punch
Jul 1, 2014, 08:20 PM
Finally completing that damned bingo card is the goal. ;)

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2014, 08:21 PM
That's alright though, I can log in just fine, so I'll tell you how it is - you don't have to worry about being able to play.

I don't really care how it is either way, but good job trying to be snotty to all the people that can't log in presently. Not like I expected better from you.

Daiyousei
Jul 1, 2014, 08:22 PM
Doesn't look like it'll be point based as there is a timer on that screenshot.

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:23 PM
I don't really care how it is either way, but good job trying to be snotty to all the people that can't log in presently. Not like I expected better from you.

I'm going to be snotty if you're going to try every thread into a DDoS/Can't Login thread. Sorry! Maybe I titled the thread the way it was for a reason....wouldn't that be some revelation?

Also, cue you trying to do that even more now just to spite me.

Rob2003ert
Jul 1, 2014, 08:30 PM

Jesus, you come and shit up the thread then try and pull this holier than thou crap when someone bites back, absolutely pathetic. Just because you can't play doesn't mean people suddenly can't discuss the game. Use a damn VPN or stop reading PSO-W, cause people are gonna keep on playing regardless of whether you can.

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2014, 08:33 PM
Well, it's kind of the big thing right now. I can't really see too many people around here giving half a rat fuck about what the new EQ is going to be like if they can't even play the game without jumping through flaming hoops.

I figured you had more common sense than that, until I realized you probably just made this thread to underhandedly rub the fact you can log in into everyone else's face.

Jesus, you come and shit up the thread then try and pull this holier than thou crap when someone bites back, absolutely pathetic.

and what are you going to do about it?

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:34 PM
I was going to respond to Olaf, but that helps Olaf derail the thread.

Back to the topic at hand: I used to have a video of Falz Angel's fight, but I accidentally deleted the wrong recording a while ago, that's a shame.

Arksenth
Jul 1, 2014, 08:35 PM
Now, now, boys and girls.

Stop fighting!

There's enough of me for you BOTH to worship the ground I walk on!

-sparkles prettily-

Daiyousei
Jul 1, 2014, 08:36 PM

I must say, Olaf started it on the first reply to this thread.

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:37 PM

Stop fighting!

-sparkles prettily-

But I want to worship all of it, not share it.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 1, 2014, 08:38 PM

Stop fighting!

-sparkles prettily-

well theres 1/2 ppl that showed up here

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 1, 2014, 08:40 PM
all i care about the new falz angel is whether or not he has the same level of lovely drops that falz hunar has, considering that falz angel is the hunar-esque version of luther :P.
Perhaps another vampiric blade latent weapon? this time as a katana or boots??

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:43 PM
all i care about the new falz angel is whether or not he has the same level of lovely drops that falz hunar has, considering that falz angel is the hunar-esque version of luther :P.

Falz Angel's weapon is a Talis, not a katana. If Falz Hunar's only special drop is the weapon he actually uses, why would it be different for Angel? On that note, we might see new Loser-type units, like how Elder had different units for his Hunar version.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 1, 2014, 08:50 PM
I was going to respond to Olaf, but that helps Olaf derail the thread.

Back to the topic at hand: I used to have a video of Falz Angel's fight, but I accidentally deleted the wrong recording a while ago, that's a shame.

You'll get used to it when he does that and seconding this its gonna be cool to fight a falz angel outside of the mb16 mission :)

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 08:57 PM
Big Olaf: "Hmmm, the thread title explicitly states that's it's not about DDoSing or being able to log in. I should post about how I'd be willing to talk about what it IS about if it weren't for something falling under the two things that are explicitly stated to not be the topic! Never mind that there are a million of other topics made to discuss my issue."

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 1, 2014, 09:00 PM
Falz Angel's weapon is a Talis, not a katana. If Falz Hunar's only special drop is the weapon he actually uses, why would it be different for Angel? On that note, we might see new Loser-type units, like how Elder had different units for his Hunar version.

well hunar did drop stuff like heretically and heretic end, so it's possible it may drop stuff other than that talis :P

ArcaneTechs
Jul 1, 2014, 09:02 PM
Big Olaf: "Hmmm, the thread title explicitly states that's it's not about DDoSing or being able to log in. I should post about how I'd be willing to talk about what it IS about if it weren't for something falling under the two things that are explicitly stated to not be the topic! Never mind that there are a million of other topics made to discuss my issue."

he already made his key point, whats the point of talking about an update that we don't even know if we're gonna be able to play?

if it wasnt for some of the asshats who are able to connect no prob gloating around here (not just this thread), people wouldnt respond this way

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 09:04 PM
well hunar did drop stuff like heretically and heretic end, so it's possible it may drop stuff other than that talis :P

They weren't special like Elder Pain though, which is what you're hoping for in a Katana. Bravers don't need autoheal. Gunners never did either, but it's too late to change that.

GHNeko
Jul 1, 2014, 09:05 PM
I do have to say Olaf, you were in the wrong with your initial post, regardless OP and his topic.

While you can say that he has a point with his post, it's still....worthless...for the lack of a better, less insulting word, to the topic at hand. It's a topic finisher and kinda reeks of ire.

Like I get what he's getting at, but why even bother making a post like that.

That being said, the topic is fine. It's meant for those who can connect. Normally or otherwise.

ALSO.

ALLLLSO.

MegaRocker pls. Pot x Kettle bro.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 1, 2014, 09:06 PM
I do have to say Olaf, you were in the wrong with your initial post, regardless OP and his topic.

MegaRocker pls. Pot x Kettle bro.

i'm not saying anything else i'm gonna disregard him Neko so don't worry k :)

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 09:07 PM
he already made his key point, whats the point of talking about an update that we don't even know if we're gonna be able to play?

if it wasnt for some of the asshats who are able to connect no prob gloating around here (not just this thread), people wouldnt respond this way

Talking about an update that's going to be live in less than 6 hours is gloating.

k

ArcaneTechs
Jul 1, 2014, 09:11 PM
Talking about an update that's going to be live in less than 6 hours is gloating.

k

can you read man? i feel like you can't, ya you can talk about the update in all but again, none of us know if we're gonna be able to get on again after maintenance without the use of a VPN or the Zapper thing.

and i never said talking about the update was considered gloating

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 1, 2014, 09:13 PM
They weren't special like Elder Pain though, which is what you're hoping for in a Katana. Bravers don't need autoheal. Gunners never did either, but it's too late to change that.

do we already know all the possible drops for angel tho?
there may still be a chance something unique may pop up :-?
i personally want to see a new latent that's not the generic ancient oath/judgement time stuff.

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 09:13 PM
can you read man? i feel like you can't, ya you can talk about the update in all but again, none of us know if we're gonna be able to get on again after maintenance without the use of a VPN or the Zapper thing.

and i never said talking about the update was considered gloating

The 'Just' in 'Not just this thread' implies that this thread is part of the gloating.

Keyblade59
Jul 1, 2014, 09:14 PM
So we're getting Angel Pain which will be a Talis, Wild guess on that.

I'm game nevertheless

ArcaneTechs
Jul 1, 2014, 09:14 PM
The 'Just' in 'Not just this thread' implies that this thread is part of the gloating.

well if i didnt put that part in, your instinct is to imply that im directing this to only this thread

LonelyGaruga
Jul 1, 2014, 09:15 PM

Hey. Did you notice Bouncer isn't in the game yet. No? OK.

Anyway, datamined icons (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219861) (almost a month old, for those who didn't notice it...) indicate Falz Angel's equipment set will consist of a Partisan, Assault Rifle, and Talis, with no unique units. Whether there are no other Angel weapons, whether there are no units, or whether Falz Angel will drop other weapons (that aren't Falz Angel themed) can't be confirmed off the information currently available. Doubt that it's going to get other Angel weapons or even units, though. There's a high probability that they would have had their icons added into the game before being implemented, at the same time the other Falz Angel weapons were put into it.

Oh, and I'm betting on the obvious potential for all three of them.

Negative Emblem.

Sega!

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2014, 09:17 PM

5char

Maenara
Jul 1, 2014, 09:17 PM
Let's hope that the Angel Talis has something that's not fucking Spirit Collector.

5char

This thread is not gloating - that post is. Post =/=thread. :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Jul 1, 2014, 09:20 PM
its like arguing with a guy who thinks RMT is okay because Sega will get the money anyways

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 1, 2014, 09:20 PM
Hey. Did you notice Bouncer isn't in the game yet. No? OK.

Anyway, datamined icons (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219861) (almost a month old, for those who didn't notice it...) indicate Falz Angel's equipment set will consist of a Partisan, Assault Rifle, and Talis, with no unique units. Whether there are no other Angel weapons, whether there are no units, or whether Falz Angel will drop other weapons (that aren't Falz Angel themed) can't be confirmed off the information currently available. Doubt that it's going to get other Angel weapons or even units, though. There's a high probability that they would have had their icons added into the game before being implemented, at the same time the other Falz Angel weapons were put into it.

Oh, and I'm betting on the obvious potential for all three of them.

Negative Emblem.

Sega!

lol no need to get so offensive.
but they can add afterwards, similar to how yasha was added as a hunar drop.
it is a possibility.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 1, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yasha was added with the implementation of a higher difficulty. Everything needs new drops at a higher level. That's just common sense. Just because that's the case, though, doesn't mean that they'll add what you want, nor does it mean that what they'll add, even if it is what you want it to be, will actually be worthwhile.

Still doesn't make sense to ask for Jet Boots when they aren't even out yet. The best connection I can make is "Because Hunar gained a drop in one of my favorite categories, Angel will too!", which...actually sounds exactly what I would expect, really.

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 01:30 AM
Is the EQ really exclusive to pre-scheduled times at the moment? Goddammit.

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 07:42 AM
Information about the EQ:

•The entire EQ is built for a full MPA, like Cradle of Darkness and Leading Border Breaker.
•All enemies are level 70 in SH.
•All enemies are infected.
•All bosses have titles. This and the last point obviously does not apply to Falz Angel.
•The bosses are Decol Malluda x2 -> Wolgahda x1 -> Dark Ragne -> Zeshrayda -> Blu Ringahda -> Falz Angel.
•Falz Angel doesn't die in 5 seconds.
•I only managed to get two runs in, but running a 250% rare boost and 100% triboost gave me 7 10*s.

Dammy
Jul 2, 2014, 07:44 AM
any new 11+* ?

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 07:46 AM
any new 11+* ?

I didn't have any drop, but Falz Angel probably has 11* drops. I'll wait a bit, and check JP wiki to see what I can tell.

Jokai
Jul 2, 2014, 07:50 AM
380% rdr with 3 runs and Falz Angel dropped 0 rares. Did Sega forget to implement them or does it only drop 11*s?

Edit: I got a good amount of rares. 16 10*s and 1 11* with 9 of those 10*s and the 11* dropping as untekked(23 untekked total)

Kikikiki
Jul 2, 2014, 07:51 AM
I checked the shop to see and the partisan looked pretty classy. Can't/Too lazy to check rifle/talis though.

Shinamori
Jul 2, 2014, 07:59 AM
The partisan is 630k in ship 2.

Sizustar
Jul 2, 2014, 08:14 AM
any new 11+* ?

http://i.imgur.com/guJhl7T.jpg

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 08:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/guJhl7T.jpg

Figure out what its potential is, plox.

EvilMag
Jul 2, 2014, 08:18 AM
Same latent as the loser themed 11*s: Darker resistance

Dammy
Jul 2, 2014, 08:19 AM
thank you, talis might be interesting for support

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 08:22 AM
Same latent as the loser themed 11*s: Darker resistance

You're joking, right. Please be joking.

Xaelouse
Jul 2, 2014, 08:23 AM
He's not joking, and it's to be expected.

EvilMag
Jul 2, 2014, 08:23 AM

Check the JP Wiki. it's true. :/

Sizustar
Jul 2, 2014, 08:24 AM

絶負印
Reduce damage from Darker type - 30/35/40%

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 08:27 AM
oh my fucking god sega

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 09:42 AM
Does anyone else get insane lag in the EQ?

isCasted
Jul 2, 2014, 09:51 AM
I had terrible experience with this EQ. Aside from a lot of lag (both FPS and connection lag) I had problem with scenery. Red enemies, red attacks, red Ignix, red barriers, red liquid, red costumes, red WB, red... red... RED everywhere. I can't see anything, that's a real problem.

TaigaUC
Jul 2, 2014, 09:59 AM
I was in a not-so-great group (same EN players dying repeatedly), but the new EQ seems pretty hectic. Been a while since I played PSO2 so I'm a bit rusty.
I kinda prefer it this hard, though.

Group ran out of time at Angel. We only had 8 by the end, 10 by halfway.
Got 3 10 stars and an 11 star wand. No boosts during those drops, I think.

I had terrible experience with this EQ. Aside from a lot of lag (both FPS and connection lag) I had problem with scenery. Red enemies, red attacks, red Ignix, red barriers, red liquid, red costumes, red WB, red... red... RED everywhere. I can't see anything, that's a real problem.

Yeah, I was playing on my laptop and found it kinda hard to see stuff.
The transparent explosions are difficult to see on lower settings.

Sandmind
Jul 2, 2014, 11:19 AM
Hopefully, Sega is just trolling by having all of Luther's weapon having darker resistance latent 1st because they can get away with potentially releasing a 2nd for each one (hopefully just not darker hunter) at a later date...

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 11:29 AM
Hopefully, Sega is just trolling by having all of Luther's weapon having darker resistance latent 1st because they can get away with potentially releasing a 2nd for each one (hopefully just not darker hunter) at a later date...

No. Unique weapons are done. There's no such thing as a new unique weapon any more. When a 12* TALIS gets Spirit CollectorRadiance, all hope is lost. In retrospect, I'm surprise we're surprised we thought we would get a unique 11* Talis when we can't have a unique 12* one.

Ircai
Jul 2, 2014, 11:40 AM
EQ Next is going to be the new WOW clone model, I enjoy what they are doing in landmark(AFAIK same game engine as EQN). I'm not saying its going to be a bad game, however it will quickly be copied as it had quite a few features many have asked for and have been told to expect >2005 in games. Once DX12 is released and adopted(kinda similar to an add on to DX11 from what i gather) That will allow our computers that struggle with certain games today leap ahead in many aspects allowing more of the same type of contents promised by the EQN developers. I know I will not be playing it as I am more of a UO-style MMO fan but hopefully some good comes of it for the rest of the MMO/Gaming community, which is very possible. With that said SOE and EA have lost my money in terms of MMO space.

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 01:22 PM
what.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 2, 2014, 03:16 PM
No. Unique weapons are done. There's no such thing as a new unique weapon any more. When a 12* TALIS gets Spirit CollectorRadiance, all hope is lost.

I've actually had people try to tell me that Spirit Radiance is broken on a Talis.

It's bullshit of course, but hey, some people think it's great, however deluded they might be.

In retrospect, I'm surprise we're surprised we thought we would get a unique 11* Talis when we can't have a unique 12* one.

Who's we? I called this, and I'm rather doubtful there were actually very many people that expected unique or new potentials for Falz Angel's weapons. Elder Pain might have Vampiric Blade, but all of the other Elder weapons have Crest of Carnage, which is almost worse than Negative Emblem (though Elder Rod really makes it obvious how stupid this is). There really was no good reason to expect that Falz Angel's weapons would actually get a cool, unique potential.

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 03:22 PM
I've actually had people try to tell me that Spirit Radiance is broken on a Talis.

It's bullshit of course, but hey, some people think it's great, however deluded they might be.

Who's we? I called this, and I'm rather doubtful there were actually very many people that expected unique or new potentials for Falz Angel's weapons. Elder Pain might have Vampiric Blade, but all of the other Elder weapons have Crest of Carnage, which is almost worse than Negative Emblem (though Elder Rod really makes it obvious how stupid this is). There really was no good reason to expect that Falz Angel's weapons would actually get a cool, unique potential.

I wanted to believe.

Vintasticvin
Jul 2, 2014, 05:14 PM
Its a shiny new 11* enbrace it!