PDA

View Full Version : English Patch broke?

Glaceon
Jul 2, 2014, 06:29 AM
I just logged on PSO2 after updating the english patch and was wondering if the patch update broke the english patch for anyone, as all the items in my inventory have reverted back to japanese. I also wonder if I would have to download the item patch to fix it???

Tes
Jul 2, 2014, 06:30 AM
Iunno what state english patch will be as most people can't login. Not sure if AIDA or anyone who tweaks the patch will be working on it from now on? :S

sayi50
Jul 2, 2014, 06:34 AM
Seeing how the Tweaker says the servers are Offline and if I remember right, item patch does the translation on the fly so I can guess that the way to listen to the servers have changed. That's why the launcher can't see the servers online even though they are online.

AIDA will probably have to "tweak" his launcher around a bit :3

Lashette
Jul 2, 2014, 06:35 AM
I think Aida mentioned that Agrajag would still be working on the EN patch, just give it time.

Meyfei
Jul 2, 2014, 06:36 AM
Poor Aida, Do this do that :'(

Soon bro, soon o/
The down time and changes, PSO2 is a clusterburst of flashy effects, lights, and headaches at the moment for both Arks-layer and Sega so it would seem

Jokai
Jul 2, 2014, 06:37 AM
Ya, there's a screenshot of Aida saying the English patch will still be updated, but why would you even expect it to still work after all the crap that's happened.

AIDA
Jul 2, 2014, 06:38 AM
As of right now:

> Item patch: NOT Compatible!
> English patch: Compatible!
> Large Files: Compatible!
> Story Patch: Unknown
> JP enemy/e-trials: Compatible!

The item patch and english patch are different - The english patch being a file replacement, while the item patch is a memory replacement. The english patch takes about 10 seconds to fix (usually!), while the item patch is a much longer process. We're usually done fixing it a few hours after the game comes up.

Whenever it's fixed, I post on the thread, and put a general FYI out to B20 and my team to spread the word, so you'll probably hear about it.

EDIT: To clarify, I was asked whether the EN patch would continue to be updated if we got IP banned completely. It's up to Agrajag - It's really his baby. However, if he (and his team) no longer wish to work on it, I can update the patch as well. (Just don't expect a lot of new content to be translated as fast, they have the mighty EspioKaos and Mewn on their team). So there's nothing to worry about~

Lashette
Jul 2, 2014, 06:39 AM
I got too excited that I could connect that I didn't even try to install the EN patch XD.

Lashette
Jul 2, 2014, 06:39 AM
As of right now:

> Item patch: NOT Compatible!
> English patch: Compatible!
> Large Files: Compatible!
> Story Patch: Unknown
> JP enemy/e-trials: Compatible!

The item patch and english patch are different - The english patch being a file replacement, while the item patch is a memory replacement. The english patch takes about 10 seconds to fix (usually!), while the item patch is a much longer process. We're usually done fixing it a few hours after the game comes up.

Whenever it's fixed, I post on the thread, and put a general FYI out to B20 and my team to spread the word, so you'll probably hear about it.

Speak of the devil

Maenara
Jul 2, 2014, 06:44 AM
My client is half broken right now. I can get in, but some people are half invisible, NPCs refuse to load their models, among other issues. No idea what the problem is. I've been trying to fix it, but I want to at least try to do the new EQ without crashing before I do.

the_importer_
Jul 2, 2014, 08:39 PM
Ironic, we get all these neat items and I can' read what they are and what they do. Also got 3000+ fun points and can't even read the prizes :(

AIDA
Jul 3, 2014, 03:06 AM
Item patch has been fixed/updated with the latest content. Enjoy!

Glaceon
Jul 3, 2014, 06:19 AM
Item patch has been fixed/updated with the latest content. Enjoy!

Thank You :)

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 06:54 AM
Speak of the devil

Speak of the Crimson Devil, to be exact. :3

Achelousaurus
Jul 4, 2014, 09:18 AM
I LOVE YOU AIDA!
XD

Thanks a lot.
When do you think story patch may be working again?