PDA

View Full Version : Before things fall apart here

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 2, 2014, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know what the JP players are saying at this point? Are many of them still reporting issues? I know I saw at least one tweet on the last message that was sent out saying 107 and 248 issues.

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2014, 11:10 AM
I used a VPN today, and the Japanese 107 was very different from the one I was getting this whole week. Instead of waiting for about 20 seconds between each retry, I got four 107s in around 10 seconds, and actually managed to log in eventually.

So, even if they are reporting issues, they most likely aren't related to the IP block that we are facing here.

Noc Codez
Jul 2, 2014, 11:15 AM
I would like to know why is this happening ? Verizon customers was just fine last night and now all of a sudden we're IPblocked ? and TWC is good to go ? Sega is up to something maybe a investigation into each ISP to see where the DDOS came from for they can take legal action ? an update would be nice from them saying hey this is what were doing,don't be alarmed bla bla bla political stuff. seems no matter what they keep us in the dark because we're second class citizens to them in PSO

Gardios
Jul 2, 2014, 11:15 AM
There are still a couple that get 249 errors from what I've seen. Some that had the error before the maintenance don't have it any longer—no idea if there's overlap between those two groups though.

Noc Codez
Jul 2, 2014, 11:18 AM
I just think it's very unprofessional that they don't address us on the issue.. Saki knows we play so why be all cloak and dagger about it..

Asellus
Jul 2, 2014, 11:20 AM
I just think it's very unprofessional that they don't address us on the issue.. Saki knows we play so why be all cloak and dagger about it..

Does playing the game outside of the serviced area violate the ToS?

Gardios
Jul 2, 2014, 11:21 AM
They have no reason to inform us about anything because they're technically not providing us with any service, simple as that.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 2, 2014, 11:23 AM
I would like to know why is this happening? Verizon customers was just fine last night and now all of a sudden we're IPblocked? And TWC is good to go? Sega is up to something maybe a investigation into each ISP to see where the DDOS came from for they can take legal action? An update would be nice from them saying hey this is what were doing, don't be alarmed bla bla bla political stuff. Seems no matter what they keep us in the dark because we're second class citizens to them in PSO

To be fair...we were almost always illegals in the game, anyway. They don't actually owe us any kind of explanation. Nor do they owe us any kind of return. It sucks; but that's the reality of it.

Asellus
Jul 2, 2014, 11:23 AM
who knows but all i know is u should protest let your voice be heard power to the people :)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/52012202.jpg

Please don't rage on every thread after every post. If you're so raw about the block write a letter to SEGA, we can't help you anymore than the community has already. At this point, no offense, but pack it up or wait it out, just stop moaning about it.

Noc Codez
Jul 2, 2014, 11:27 AM
To be fair...we were almost always illegals in the game, anyway. They don't actually owe us any kind of explanation. Nor do they owe us any kind of return. It sucks; but that's the reality of it.

your'e right don't they gave us BS answer in pso/psu so why not in pso2.sometimes I wonder why I even bother playing their games anymore. lol we'll we know why. lol ^^

SakuRei
Jul 2, 2014, 11:29 AM
And the most funny part about it, they already knew that there are outsiders in their game, they knew about the english translations and stuff.

But I guess another point or explanation for that one is like... "Oh? Ok, there are outsiders playing in our region? Well, let them do whatever they want, even if they violate our ToS, or throw tons of money to us, they are not supported by us so... Screw those gaijins~"

So huh... Besides this one, I've heard that psumods are going to stop the english translations and stuff sooner or later? Guess I'm in a total silence and shock about this one though.

http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/state-of-the-servers/

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 2, 2014, 11:30 AM
I would like to know why is this happening ? Verizon customers was just fine last night and now all of a sudden we're IPblocked ? and TWC is good to go ? Sega is up to something maybe a investigation into each ISP to see where the DDOS came from for they can take legal action ? an update would be nice from them saying hey this is what were doing,don't be alarmed bla bla bla political stuff. seems no matter what they keep us in the dark because we're second class citizens to them in PSO

If that were the case, the attacker would become more clever at his/her schemes at this rate. So let's halt with the whole "I need to find answers into why one ISP was working fine the other day, and now mines is not working" since we're probably feeding him/her some good tips. Just saying.

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 2, 2014, 11:32 AM
who knows but all i know is u should protest let your voice be heard power to the people :)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/52012202.jpg

Oh yeah, let's rage to SEGA blindly not knowing what's going on with enough evidence and information behind the DDoS to support our claim so we can later pay the price and be eternally banned.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 2, 2014, 11:37 AM
your'e right don't they gave us BS answer in pso/psu so why not in pso2.sometimes I wonder why I even bother playing their games anymore. lol we'll we know why. lol ^^

...I'll be honest, I had trouble understanding that first sentence.

Anyway. This isn't PSO or PSU. Both of those games were either open to foreigners or had their own version. This game only has versions for players in the SEA region, Japan, and Taiwan. The majority of us that frequent these forums don't fall into those categories.

I'm not saying I don't want some kind of explanation, or that I like the current state of affairs. I'm just saying that expecting some kind of address to us is more than likely not going to happen. I'm not in arms about this, honestly, because I'm still curious to see if there's not something on the ISP's side. That and I have other things to do other than play this game. I can't explain whats going on and it doesn't do anyone any good to get hysterical and rowdy like this community is wont to do.

eiistrir
Jul 2, 2014, 12:36 PM
And the most funny part about it, they already knew that there are outsiders in their game, they knew about the english translations and stuff.

But I guess another point or explanation for that one is like... "Oh? Ok, there are outsiders playing in our region? Well, let them do whatever they want, even if they violate our ToS, or throw tons of money to us, they are not supported by us so... Screw those gaijins~"

So huh... Besides this one, I've heard that psumods are going to stop the english translations and stuff sooner or later? Guess I'm in a total silence and shock about this one though.

before the days were IP blocks or (whatever we should call it)
I thought the reason SEGA allowed players not in Japan is because there are Japanese people playing from the overseas.. (yeah I didnt bother to read the TOS)

like the one I'm working, too bad they're just gun-otas, I wonder if they play PSO2 too, especially using PS Vita, they'll surely use a JPSN coz its what's for them and its the only way to obtain PSO2 for PS Vita
I think they'll get mad let' say they have reached a certain point where they liked the game and suddenly shit happened..

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 01:01 PM
I've heard that psumods are going to stop the english translations and stuff sooner or later? Guess I'm in a total silence and shock about this one though.

Saku, from what I understand, that is just speculation.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 2, 2014, 01:26 PM
you know what would be funny is if sega is reading these forums and getting a kick out of this
sega are trolls after all

Jei182
Jul 2, 2014, 01:26 PM
They have no reason to inform us about anything because they're technically not providing us with any service, simple as that.

Yeah. It's the downside of playing and not actually living in Japan. I think it's different for people that play while on vacation from Japan because eventually they will more than likely return home. We're pretty much screwed unless we use a VPN, and even then if we don't speak the language.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 2, 2014, 01:32 PM
It all comes down to this; we just need to hope that SEGA's networkers are so incompetent that they cannot manage to find a DDoS countermeasure that only screws anyone trying to access their servers from outside japan.

As long as japaneese players are getting shat on as well, we may have a chance that they'll adjust something.

At the same time, it is worrying that they were so sure in their method that they gave out compensation today. If we see plans for more free stuff to make up for other people still getting hit with 107s, then they know they're not done with this yet.