PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Connectivity of UK Users

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 01:30 PM
I just wanted to see how many users from the UK are able to connect to the game, and what ISPs you're using.

As for me, it's Sky Broadband, and I've had no luck whatsoever.

nanamin
Jul 2, 2014, 02:28 PM
Not UK, but neighboring country Sweden. I haven't been able to connect, and I still can't connect. ISP is Comhem. I know one other guy on this forum from Sweden and also on the same ISP not being able to connect.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 02:29 PM
Not UK, but neighboring country Sweden. I haven't been able to connect, and I still can't connect. ISP is Comhem. I know one other guy on this forum from Sweden and also on the same ISP not being able to connect.

I've heard you folks have been having a lot of trouble as of late.

Asuka~
Jul 2, 2014, 02:41 PM
I'm from the UK. I haven't been able to connect to PSO2 since the servers re-opened as well as now, unless I use a VPN or something. I've been using PingZapper recently but that suddenly stopped working for me and a friend of mine at the same time and we constantly get "Server connection has timed out." So... yeah.

SilkaN
Jul 2, 2014, 02:44 PM
I've been using PingZapper recently but that suddenly stopped working for me .

Trial account. Stops working after some time.

Mracless
Jul 2, 2014, 02:47 PM
I'm in the UK. Also using sky broadband.

Haven't been able to connect.

Tracert of pso2.jp doesn't even get past my router...

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 02:47 PM
I'm from the UK. I haven't been able to connect to PSO2 since the servers re-opened as well as now, unless I use a VPN or something. I've been using PingZapper recently but that suddenly stopped working for me and a friend of mine at the same time and we constantly get "Server connection has timed out." So... yeah.

I'd say that things aren't looking good, but I'll have to get more results before coming to a full-blown conclusion. But it does appear to be a bit of a bad thing for us.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 02:48 PM
I'm in the UK. Also using sky broadband.

Haven't been able to connect.

Tracert of pso2.jp doesn't even get past my router...

That is exactly what happens to me. o.o

Asuka~
Jul 2, 2014, 02:50 PM
That is exactly what happens to me. o.o
Same thing happens to me too. ;_;

Asuka~
Jul 2, 2014, 02:51 PM
Never mind, PingZapper is working for me. The server probably died for a little while lols.

Incendi0
Jul 2, 2014, 02:51 PM
UK resident here, virgin media broadband, no luck at any point since the sever went down for the first time. Tracert gets stuck a town or so from here.

Azure Falcon
Jul 2, 2014, 02:55 PM
I'm using a tiny ISP that runs off Entanet (who are basically a BT Wholesale reseller) - website has been inaccessible since the servers went up and I'm getting the usual 107/249 errors. Trace routes always start timing out at the 7th jump, which seems to be just before it leaves the country.

A friend who is on BT Infinity also has it time out on the 7th jump too.

Tes
Jul 2, 2014, 02:55 PM
I'm with BT Infinity - doesn't work.

Asuka~
Jul 2, 2014, 03:02 PM
Fingers crossed we get unblocked since SEGA is still fixing those errors... (forgot the numbers)

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 03:02 PM
Okay, so I found SHIP02's IP (thanks, Shinji Kazuya!), and tracerouted it. The results are interesting, and from what I can tell, it doesn't get past London.
http://imgur.com/jkPuPwa

Asuka~
Jul 2, 2014, 03:12 PM
Okay, so I found SHIP02's IP (thanks, Shinji Kazuya!), and tracerouted it. The results are interesting, and from what I can tell, it doesn't get past London.
http://imgur.com/jkPuPwa
Yeah it sure seems that way... Only time will tell I guess (until SEGA has apparently fixes the errors).

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 03:20 PM
http://imgur.com/euPusM0
This is SHIP02's new IP (at least, I heard it was). As you can see, it doesn't leave the router.

Jaquecz
Jul 2, 2014, 03:37 PM
I'm not from the UK, but I'm canadian.
I can't connect.
Japanese people are so rude, eh?
we didn't do anything to them in history eh?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not Japan's fault. .w.

Unless, you know, the DDoSer(s) are/were in fact Japanese. In which case, it STILL isn't Japan's fault, but a group of Japanese people. Granted, we will never know for sure.

Asuka~
Jul 2, 2014, 04:02 PM
Hmm... Only time will tell!

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 04:06 PM
Indeed. As I've said before, I just hope I can get on before the compensation items expire... these things are just too good to let go.

Jaquecz
Jul 2, 2014, 04:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not Japan's fault. .w.

Unless, you know, the DDoSer(s) are/were in fact Japanese. In which case, it STILL isn't Japan's fault, but a group of Japanese people. Granted, we will never know for sure.

I know it's not japan's fault, I was making a joke that nobody caught.

Is anyone in the UK using telus, or rather does anyone know anyone who's using Telus and can connect to the game.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 02:57 AM
Using virgin media - Same problem as everyone else. Nothing.

Tracert 2 jumps to pso2.jp

Although weirdly, i can connect to pso2.jp if i open a link through pso2 wkik jp. Pretty weird.

In a nutshell BORED.

Z-0
Jul 3, 2014, 03:17 AM
Using JANET, cannot get through at all. (not that this is much help, since even it if did work, you can't get it unless you're living in academic dorms)

Tes
Jul 3, 2014, 06:15 AM
Can connect to website via my Orange mobile network on my phone. Tried tether mode to my laptop but connection kept timing out whilst trying to connect to ship.

Tes
Jul 3, 2014, 06:16 AM
Btw has anyone rang their ISP to ask if there's an IP ban? What details would we need to give them if we were to ring up?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 06:28 AM
I saw someone on Reddit trying to call Sky Broadband about it (they were from the UK), but I'm not sure what the response was.

labyrinth
Jul 3, 2014, 06:35 AM
Whilst it's not actually part of the UK, no connection from the Isle of Man either.

Requiem Aeternam
Jul 3, 2014, 06:38 AM
I'm from the UK as well. I haven't tried connecting to the game yet (behind on 2 months worth of updates) but I can't even access the PSO2.jp website. Has anyone with BT had any luck logging into the game? I want to be able to get the compensation rewards before they expire.

EDIT: Just tried to update the game and am getting Error 107.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 06:49 AM
Well, from what I've seen, us UK folks seem to be in a troublesome situation.

Tes
Jul 3, 2014, 06:53 AM
I'm from the UK as well. I haven't tried connecting to the game yet (behind on 2 months worth of updates) but I can't even access the PSO2.jp website. Has anyone with BT had any luck logging into the game? I want to be able to get the compensation rewards before they expire.

I can via PingZapper. But I don't want to rely on that to play the game. So, whilst you can use the guide on the forum here to connect and get your rewards, i'm going to check PSO2 access via the tweaker once a week to see if I ever get access again. If i'm not welcome to connect to the game normally then I don't want to play PSO2 anymore.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 06:56 AM
I can via PingZapper. But I don't want to rely on that to play the game. So, whilst you can use the guide on the forum here to connect and get your rewards, i'm going to check PSO2 access via the tweaker once a week to see if I ever get access again. If i'm not welcome to connect to the game normally then I don't want to play PSO2 anymore.

I've tried PZ and all I can do is fail when following the guide exactly.

Requiem Aeternam
Jul 3, 2014, 06:57 AM

I think I'll just wait until I can connect again normally, even if I don't get to pick up my compensation rewards (only one I really want is the colour change pass). If there is a UK wide IP ban then so be it, I'll just play something else.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 07:28 AM
So whens the cut off date to collect rewards?

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2014, 07:29 AM
So whens the cut off date to collect rewards?
http://i.imgur.com/6MkrlEu.png

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 07:32 AM
In other words, the 16th. Not a very large window of time in which to see our problems sorted.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 07:42 AM
GREAT......Ha ha. Think ill Risk PZ nearer the time if all isnt cleared up. Then if its not sorted, ill jack it in. Just started to play vindictus. Not bad actually :)

Sp-24
Jul 3, 2014, 07:46 AM
Avoid doing this until the 12th or so, just in case things do get resolved by then.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 07:50 AM
Ya. That was my thinking bud. Waiting till 15th

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 07:53 AM
Sounds like a plan. Maybe keep trying to log in without it every now and again to see what the results are, not that they'll change much. I imagine that US ISPs will take top priority and will thus be resolved first.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 10:28 AM
out of curiosity. Any of you UK users get on to cirnopedia anymore? Because i cant?

Manakura
Jul 3, 2014, 10:30 AM
Uk, Virgin media. Wasn't able to connect prior to or after the maintenance. Error's 107 and 249.

Edit: I can access Cirnopedia fine.

Sie
Jul 3, 2014, 10:44 AM
out of curiosity. Any of you UK users get on to cirnopedia anymore? Because i cant?
I can't no, getting error 520 on Virgin Media for Cirnopedia on both my PC and Vita.

Error 107 for PSO2 PC and 249 on Vita. Tracert stops in London somewhere.

Manakura
Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM
I can't no, getting error 520 on Virgin Media for Cirnopedia on both my PC and Vita.

Error 107 for PSO2 PC and 249 on Vita. Tracert stops in London somewhere.

Eh? I don't know why i seem to be able to connect to cirnopedia then.

Question: My tracert literally pings the first time then times out for the next 29. Is this normal or is my tracert just stopping instantly? (Tracert pso2.jp)

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 10:48 AM
Hmm...wonder why i cant then?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 3, 2014, 10:51 AM
I can't connect to Cirnopedia either.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 10:52 AM
2 jumps on my tracert.

Same error for me from virgin when i try and get onto cirno. Weird?

SasreaFox
Jul 3, 2014, 11:56 AM
TalkTalk also blocked - uk ISP.

psolauncher.exe > 210.189.209.19

tracert reports 2 hops before it fails (first is my router)

78.147.64.1 (TalkTalk Communications Limited)
78.151.225.35 (TalkTalk Communications Limited)

The first switch is my local talktalk ISP for my home town, then it heads off to London before being blocked. Really hope they bother to fix this, tired of using VPN!

fruiteaterz
Jul 3, 2014, 12:14 PM
i'm from cyprus, former colony of the UK and i can't *ucking connect yay.

Requiem Aeternam
Jul 3, 2014, 01:03 PM
I can connect to Cirnopedia fine. I still can't connect to the official site or the game however (server not responding for the site, error 107 for the game). I'm with BT.

fruiteaterz
Jul 3, 2014, 01:21 PM
basically we are screwed. ahaha.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 4, 2014, 06:10 AM
basically we are screwed. ahaha.

Seems like it.

ArataWata
Jul 4, 2014, 06:15 AM
UK here, BT customer, haven't been able to connect at all.

It seems it doesn't take as long for me to get the 107 error as it used to but it's still happening.

However, I can also connect to Cirnopedia with no problems.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 4, 2014, 06:24 AM
I can connect to God Eater 2 Cirnopedia, but not the PSO2 one.

Neith
Jul 4, 2014, 04:18 PM
UK, Sky Broadband (changed ISP from BT a few days ago though). Both ISPs get 107 (249 with Tweaker).

Has anyone with Sky contacted them yet?

Kazzi
Jul 4, 2014, 05:07 PM
UK here on Virgin Media. Completely unable to get past the 107, even tried using a VPN with no success.

VII C2
Jul 4, 2014, 07:38 PM
Uk. Virgin Media.
Can connect to Cirnopedia.
Cant connect to PSO2.JP.
When trying to use Launcher, I get Error 107.
When using Tweaker, I get Error 249.

I feel as though we've waited long enough. I'd just like some straightfoward answers.

Faranth
Jul 4, 2014, 07:43 PM
I feel as though we've waited long enough. I'd just like some straightfoward answers.

b patient buddy ~ b patient (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Neith
Jul 5, 2014, 07:43 AM
I sent Sky Broadband a message to see if they'd blocked the server IP and got this response.

"thanks for your message. I am sorry to see that you are unable to get this website, we haven't blocked this so it may be that the website is still down after the DDoS attack. Let me know if you have any other questions"

Admittedly this is likely to only be a level 1 tech but figured I'd share it anyway.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 5, 2014, 08:10 AM
I sent Sky Broadband a message to see if they'd blocked the server IP and got this response.

"thanks for your message. I am sorry to see that you are unable to get this website, we haven't blocked this so it may be that the website is still down after the DDoS attack. Let me know if you have any other questions"

Admittedly this is likely to only be a level 1 tech but figured I'd share it anyway.

Well, thanks for that. If we can figure out whether or not this gets to the higher-ups, we'll see what they do. And, due to this being from Sky, I guess this pertains to me directly.

Let's hope this does get to the folks up there and see if they can do/know anything about the situation.

Undeadfellow
Jul 5, 2014, 08:42 AM
I can't connect, I'm from London, United Kingdom. Any advice?! (Using Sky Broadband) D:

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 5, 2014, 08:44 AM
Not yet, sadly. Although, I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one using playing this game and using Sky Broadband. =w=

What I'm sure we're all not glad about is... well... our shared inability to play the game.

ArataWata
Jul 5, 2014, 08:59 AM
My copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity arrived today and I can connect to that game with no problems either.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 5, 2014, 09:02 AM
My copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity arrived today and I can connect to that game with no problems either.

Well, that's established that this is purely a PSO2 thing (which I'm sure we knew already, or at least it was inferred to have been).

SmexyMillz
Jul 5, 2014, 09:09 AM
Virgin media here and still cant connect.. Got on via pingzapper to collect my rewards though just worried my premium will run out and I wont be able to play.. Quite a pisstake

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 5, 2014, 09:10 AM
I still haven't been able to use PZ successfully. .w.

Neith
Jul 6, 2014, 08:47 AM
Just phoned Sky Broadband and got transferred to their Technical Support. I gave them details, and said I can access the site fine with a proxy, but not without. I also told them the results of a tracert (which times out immediately after hop 1).

Sky said that they definitely haven't blocked access to either pso2.jp or the IP for the game servers and that the problem must be at the other end. I'm still not totally convinced they knew what I was talking about but I wanted some clarification direct from the ISP.

I suppose all we can do at this point is either use a VPN (and risk a ban) or wait.

Nulve
Jul 6, 2014, 08:55 AM
Can everyone just use the Amazon Web Service? It's the best option atm, and the more people doing it, the better.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 6, 2014, 10:12 AM
You say that like all of us have credit cards.

Neith
Jul 6, 2014, 10:20 AM
Can everyone just use the Amazon Web Service? It's the best option atm, and the more people doing it, the better.

Problem with that is Proxifier and ProxyCap only have limited free trials. After that you'd need to find something else or start paying.

labyrinth
Jul 9, 2014, 04:20 AM
Bump.

Can any UK users connect after the maintenance?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 9, 2014, 05:10 AM
I'm going to try, but I'm not holding my hopes high after I failed to connect to pso2.jp.
EDIT: Connection failed, as I predicted; Errors [No.107] with the launcher and [No.249] through Tweaker.

martinmeegan
Jul 9, 2014, 08:43 AM
C'mon guys, don't let us be like our chums on the other side of the pond and continue to be delusional to the fact that Sega has blocked our IP's. If you want to play the game again you will not be able to do it through the normal method. The only way any of us are going to be able to connect is through using a VPN or an SSH Tunnel. As we are effectively banned now anyway you may as well make use of one of the methods mentioned and chance your luck.

TheAstarion
Jul 9, 2014, 09:03 AM
Sky Broadband, unable to even use Pingzapper, SoftEther or a private VPN as somewhere down the line my IP is "corrected" somehow (standard method of connecting to VPN then checking to see if google wants to redirect me to another country simply fails). I'm not a luddite but internet protocol and printers may as well be rocket surgery to me.

Absolutely categorically unable to get on PSO before and after this maintenance.

Tes
Jul 9, 2014, 09:14 AM
Working VPN - google softether+gate plugin and it will give you a freeware download.

martinmeegan
Jul 9, 2014, 09:19 AM
I'm not a luddite but internet protocol and printers may as well be rocket surgery to me.

Absolutely categorically unable to get on PSO before and after this maintenance.

Completely off topic but when someone from Yorkshire says they're not a luddite it always makes me chuckle seen as that's one of the places that Luddites came from. I'm guessing you probably don't work in a cotton mill though;-):-D Good job on Le Tour de Yorkshire by the way.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 9, 2014, 09:22 AM
SoftEther works fine for me, but the issue is that I don't ever get the confirmation e-mail. Curse you, AOL Mail. Curse you.

And I have no idea where to go to change it, so I'm stuck getting 650'd.

genesispso2
Jul 9, 2014, 01:18 PM
hey my fellow UK users

i got a bit of news and a trick that might have u back online

using my phone as a internet hotspot i was able to login and play PSO2 today say between 2pm- 5pm GMT ( i signed off of my own accord)

but i kid u not it worked! make your phone a internet hotspot, make your PC's internet route from your phone then connect to PSO2 using the official launcher!

(i dont use tweaker so i dont know if it will work with that)

sorry for getting your hopes up if it doesnt work 4 u but i promise u it did for me for the time i specified!

MoonlightMyau
Jul 9, 2014, 02:01 PM
Virgin Media, still can't connect to game or site.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 9, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'm just going to assume that this whole "internet hotspot" thing for your phone only works if it's a smartphone, so no luck for me.

Taigerr
Jul 9, 2014, 04:39 PM
hey my fellow UK users

i got a bit of news and a trick that might have u back online

using my phone as a internet hotspot i was able to login and play PSO2 today say between 2pm- 5pm GMT ( i signed off of my own accord)

but i kid u not it worked! make your phone a internet hotspot, make your PC's internet route from your phone then connect to PSO2 using the official launcher!

(i dont use tweaker so i dont know if it will work with that)

sorry for getting your hopes up if it doesnt work 4 u but i promise u it did for me for the time i specified!

Who is your mobile network provider?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 10, 2014, 06:28 AM
Bump.
Has anyone had any luck as of late?

Sonatina
Jul 10, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hello, guys.

I just tried to connect using my smartphone as a hotspot, and can confirm it works. And, better still, I can play on VITA.

I suppose this option is available for any network user in UK (and presumably in EU), as long as:

-Your tariff allows it (you need to check with your network)
-Your phone has the option to use as a hotspot, with security code available
-You have at least 3G.

It's simple enough using my HTC One to set up. Some phone may have a bit more work to do. You can find how-tos online easily.

The other thing to watch out for is a battery of your mobile, as it drains very quickly using as hotspot. Also, if you are using VITA, you need to switch between your normal wifi connection and hotspot. You don't use your mobile for every game you have, do you?

Hope this helps. :)

fay
Jul 10, 2014, 12:07 PM
Judging by some American companies being unblocked and not a single UK ISP being freed, one would assume the attack came from someone in the UK, and if so, we are never getting back on.

Husq
Jul 10, 2014, 12:58 PM
Judging by some American companies being unblocked and not a single UK ISP being freed, one would assume the attack came from someone in the UK, and if so, we are never getting back on.

Or maybe no one actually tried or bothered contacting their ISP, you know that common UK wait-for-other-to-do-it attitude. I fired an email to BT five days back, but no response so far.
One person making noise is pointless, the more people complain the faster we get some activity.
Unless people are with sky, virgin, zen and a few others, most ISP here are most-likely using backbone provided by BT. IIRC people had issues connecting to ubisoft and uplay servers earlier this year and also last year and it was because a lot of people making complains that the problem was looked at by ubisoft and BT. So unless people contact their isp nothing on bt's side will happen.

labyrinth
Jul 10, 2014, 01:11 PM
My ISP just said that the problem has nothing to do with them and that the problem is all SEGAs doing.

TBH I'm pretty sure we're screwed until SEGA wants to unblock us.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 10, 2014, 02:15 PM
Or maybe no one actually tried or bothered contacting their ISP, you know that common UK wait-for-other-to-do-it attitude. I fired an email to BT five days back, but no response so far.
One person making noise is pointless, the more people complain the faster we get some activity.
Unless people are with sky, virgin, zen and a few others, most ISP here are most-likely using backbone provided by BT. IIRC people had issues connecting to ubisoft and uplay servers earlier this year and also last year and it was because a lot of people making complains that the problem was looked at by ubisoft and BT. So unless people contact their isp nothing on bt's side will happen.

Quite a few of us are with Sky and Virgin, and I'm pretty sure they've said that the problem is not on their end.

VII C2
Jul 11, 2014, 08:09 AM
Virgin Media. UK. Can connect as of now without VPN. 11.07/2014.
Can connect to PSO2.jp. Can Connect to Pso2. I hope everyone else can. Good luck everyone.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 11, 2014, 08:11 AM
Well, if we see it from other Virgin users, then you're off the hook. That just leaves us Sky and BT folks. I ran another traceroute today, and, as expected of it, it didn't leave my router. Is anyone else still in this position?

VII C2
Jul 11, 2014, 08:15 AM
Before, I was also in that position. But now it works. Everyone should probably just wait alittle. Maybe another day or two? ^_^ Things are gradually coming together.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 11, 2014, 08:18 AM
Before, I was also in that position. But now it works. Everyone should probably just wait alittle. Maybe another day or two? ^_^ Things are gradually coming together.

Well, thanks for the information. It's good to see that us UK folks are finally seeing things get back to normal. But, we'll have to hear from other Virgin Media users to see if this is an isolated incident or not.

VII C2
Jul 11, 2014, 08:22 AM
I agree! ^_^ Thank you! :D

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 11, 2014, 08:24 AM
I agree! ^_^ Thank you! :D

No, thank you. All we need now is to see how it is for other ISPs. From what I can tell from my traceroute, it's no dice for Sky Broadband. If anyone from other ISPs can run traceroutes or maybe even attempt a connection, that'd be great.

ArataWata
Jul 11, 2014, 08:39 AM
Well, this is interesting, I can't access the website but I decided to try going through the website with Google Translate running for shits and giggles and it worked.

Albiet, the site doesn't load correctly at all, loaded with nothing but white and broken images, but you can still navigate around the site with the links. Just can't download the game it seems.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 11, 2014, 08:40 AM
Well, this is interesting, I can't access the website but I decided to try going through the website with Google Translate running for shits and giggles and it worked.

Albiet, the site doesn't load correctly at all, loaded with nothing but white and broken images, but you can still navigate around the site with the links. Just can't download the game it seems.

That is interesting...

Nulve
Jul 11, 2014, 08:52 AM
Virgin Media. UK. Can connect as of now without VPN. 11.07/2014.
Can connect to PSO2.jp. Can Connect to Pso2. I hope everyone else can. Good luck everyone.

I think he's lying; same ISP and I still can't connect (to game or website), normally.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 11, 2014, 08:59 AM
I think he's lying; same ISP and I still can't connect (to game or website), normally.

Maybe it's an isolated incident. Either way, we'll need to hear from more people using your IP before coming to any conclusions.

VII C2
Jul 11, 2014, 01:11 PM
Well this is strange and awkward. I ensure you I was able to connect without a VPN. I don't really understand why someone would lie about something like this. The title really explains everything. "Connectivitiy of UK Users". I "connected" without a VPN. Therefore, I posted a reply to this thread. Why am I being accused of lying? Just because we have the same ISP and you can't connect whereas I can, doesn't mean I lied about my "connectivity" to PSO2. Also, it's "MY" "CONNECTIVITY". Not yours. I experienced this. So how can you know I'm lying? Having the same ISP doesn't really prove I lied. It could have been an isloated incident, just like SJR said.

Back to the original reason why I'm replying again, I did, at foremost connect to PSO2.JP and PSO2 without a VPN. However, after I got off from my laptop and tried to get back on PSO2 (without a VPN btw), I recieved error 107. I guess it was an on and off thing.

UK, London. Virgin Media. 11/07/2014 19:05 GMT

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 11, 2014, 01:18 PM
Well this is strange and awkward. I ensure you I was able to connect without a VPN. I don't really understand why someone would lie about something like this. The title really explains everything. "Connectivitiy of UK Users". I "connected" without a VPN. Therefore, I posted a reply to this thread. Why am I being accused of lying? Just because we have the same ISP and you can't connect whereas I can, doesn't mean I lied about my "connectivity" to PSO2. Also, it's "MY" "CONNECTIVITY". Not yours. I experienced this. So how can you know I'm lying? Having the same ISP doesn't really prove I lied. It could have been an isloated incident, just like SJR said.

Back to the original reason why I'm replying again, I did, at foremost connect to PSO2.JP and PSO2 without a VPN. However, after I got off from my laptop and tried to get back on PSO2 (without a VPN btw), I recieved error 107. I guess it was an on and off thing.

UK, London. Virgin Media. 11/07/2014 19:05 GMT

I suppose that more or less cements its status as "isolated incident".

Tes
Jul 12, 2014, 02:59 AM
Phone internet tethering has worked for me from day 1 in terms of website access. But the connection times out when trying to connect to the actual game. Also i'm not on a contract phone anymore so I simply cannot afford using the internet on my phone on anything other than wifi. Honestly - 10 mins of browsing using mobile data will eat through £15 of credit. Hideous.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 12, 2014, 03:14 AM
Phone internet tethering has worked for me from day 1 in terms of website access. But the connection times out when trying to connect to the actual game. Also i'm not on a contract phone anymore so I simply cannot afford using the internet on my phone on anything other than wifi. Honestly - 10 mins of browsing using mobile data will eat through £15 of credit. Hideous.

So even if I did have a smartphone, it'd be worthless. Well, thank you for the information. It'd seem our situation just gets bleaker by the day. Four days to go in terms of getting the compensation.

Tes
Jul 12, 2014, 03:59 AM
Seems strange some people await emails when using VPN's and others login straight away. I've never received any emails from Sega. Couldn't even find the signup ones which is odd as I keep all my game related emails.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 12, 2014, 04:51 AM
Seems strange some people await emails when using VPN's and others login straight away. I've never received any emails from Sega. Couldn't even find the signup ones which is odd as I keep all my game related emails.

In my case, I just don't receive the email, but it asks for authentication. On top of that, I don't know where to go to change my email address linked to my account, so I have to wait.

Taigerr
Jul 12, 2014, 07:59 AM
May I be so bold as to request that those able to connect via mobile tethering kindly furnish us with vital info such as THE MOBILE NETWORK PROVIDER THEY ARE USING PLEASE?

I am currently with Vodafone and cannot connect to the game on my PS VITA 3G. I have also tried tethering on my iphone that is also on Vodafone without any luck.

So for those supposedly connecting via mobile network (on Vita or PC) what mobile network service provider are you with please??

Thanks in advance!

Taigerr
Jul 12, 2014, 08:26 AM
Well I can gladly say that I have since tethered my PS VITA to a mobile phone on Orange Network/EE and was able to connect and play!!!

Man I have missed this game wish it was Westward bound!!

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 13, 2014, 07:22 AM
Well I can gladly say that I have since tethered my PS VITA to a mobile phone on Orange Network/EE and was able to connect and play!!!

Man I have missed this game wish it was Westward bound!!

We all miss this game...

On another note, has anyone at all had any luck connecting to the game normally?

Sonatina
Jul 13, 2014, 08:26 AM
Re: Tethering

As I mentioned before, the cost for the tethering varies depending on your tariff.
I'm with EE and can use tethering without extra cost, as I have unlimited data allowance.
If your tariff has monthly limit or you are on PAYG, you are likely to pay extra for the data. You really need to check with your mobile company.

Also, my area is supposedly covered in 4G, yet I can only manage 3G occasionally during busy time, let alone 4G, so I get cutting off from the game. I wouldn't bother playing unless the signal is good and steady.

Requiem Aeternam
Jul 13, 2014, 08:30 AM
Still no luck with connecting to the game or official website, it's really disheartening. I miss playing, and I miss my friends and teammates but there's nothing I can do for now. I did manage to connect to the website using the 3G on my iPhone but lost connection once it picked up my wi-fi signal.

I would try and contact BT and ask them about it but I'm not the one who pays for the wi-fi in my house so I'm out of luck there.

jackfrosty
Jul 13, 2014, 08:51 AM
Im gonna play on the taiwan server no ip block but no english patch in case the problem never gets fixed but i'll be back if it does get fixed new to pso2 sky user cant connect don't want to use vpn

Hawky
Jul 13, 2014, 12:49 PM
Sky Broadband. Had some luck with a tracert but only for 1 tick. Then, Timed out.

Not working.

Hmmm back to twiddling my thumbs..

Husq
Jul 13, 2014, 01:46 PM
Sky Broadband. Had some luck with a tracert but only for 1 tick. Then, Timed out.

Not working.

If you mean that your traceroute stops at one IP, then it sounds like either some software(software firewall, antivirus etc) or your router blocks or ignores traceroute packets.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 13, 2014, 09:10 PM

Not working.

Same situation as myself.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 16, 2014, 07:03 AM
Bump. Has anyone been able to connect legitimately post-maintenance?

Requiem Aeternam
Jul 16, 2014, 08:10 AM
Still can't access the site or the game. I really hope the connection issues are fixed soon. I really want to play again.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 17, 2014, 09:11 AM
Still can't access the site or the game. I really hope the connection issues are fixed soon. I really want to play again.

Same here.

TheAstarion
Jul 17, 2014, 09:38 AM
Able to use EE 3g for Vita, but PC is too data-hungry to connect via 3g;
Able to use 3g and the same landline wifi that the main game blocks for PSO2es with no issues.

PSO2es was actually a pleasant surprise. Though a friend in SEA who can't play the main game has been able to get on PSO2es until this maintenance to send us messages; now he's blocked from that too.

Edit for 3g cellular tethering:

EE (from T-Mobile, rather than Orange or a newer EE contract) "fair" usage policy capped me at 200mb total data over 2 weeks (which is not excessive by anyone's standards). Latency was noticeable but not much worse than generally using a Vita in Europe anyway (only got 630 3 or 4 times over 8+ hours total connected)

Tried O2, able to connect but unplayable latency (eventually resulting in 630) despite superficially good cellular reception.

Vodafone gave grey ships, no connection at all.

No access currently to other cellular networks (may be able to coax some salespeople around town into letting me try tethering to their personal handsets for 5 minutes).

All tested with fair 3g coverage, no 4g coverage.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 19, 2014, 08:06 PM
Able to use 3g and the same landline wifi that the main game blocks for PSO2es with no issues.

PSO2es was actually a pleasant surprise. Though a friend in SEA who can't play the main game has been able to get on PSO2es until this maintenance to send us messages; now he's blocked from that too.

EE (from T-Mobile, rather than Orange or a newer EE contract) "fair" usage policy capped me at 200mb total data over 2 weeks (which is not excessive by anyone's standards). Latency was noticeable but not much worse than generally using a Vita in Europe anyway (only got 630 3 or 4 times over 8+ hours total connected)

Tried O2, able to connect but unplayable latency (eventually resulting in 630) despite superficially good cellular reception.

No access currently to other cellular networks (may be able to coax some salespeople around town into letting me try tethering to their personal handsets for 5 minutes).

That's interesting to hear. Thanks for sharing!

genesispso2
Jul 20, 2014, 04:44 AM

What do u mean exactly when u say T-Mobile capped U?
i just recently downloaded the lastest update and signed on and ive apparantly already reached my "fair" usuage for this month

TheAstarion
Jul 20, 2014, 07:07 PM
What do u mean exactly when u say T-Mobile capped U?
i just recently downloaded the lastest update and signed on and ive apparantly already reached my "fair" usuage for this month

Pretty much the same as you I guess; their mobile data package is measured in a chunk of 250mb of data you can use for anything, after which you are capped, plus another 250mb you have to go online to choose to activate which can only be used for basic page browsing and email (up to viewing images, but not videos or music or general downloading).

My contract is for at least 1GB of data per month but it seems that means 250mb plus 3 lots of gimp data. So, pretty crap.

3 offers unlimited data for pretty cheap but pretty much doubles in price if you want to include tethering (and PSO on Vita uses 5-20mb per hour tops anyway, so it's not like you're streaming the entirety of the national archive)... That turned the deal sour for me and I didn't pick it up, but if they allow physically moving the SIM card from one device to another I might reconsider. When I had Samba, running off of 3, the reception was reasonable but since Samba is now defunct I can't test 3's connection at present.

On another note, have word from a friend that Orange is allowing connections to PSO2.jp from both their mobile internet and home broadband services. Not an active player right now so I don't know if the game is playable, but access to PSO2.jp is a good ballpark starting point. Stands to reason since it's part of EE but Orange, T-Mobile and EE's 4g networks are actually separate networks from an infastructure standpoint.

fay
Jul 21, 2014, 05:04 AM
You know what, I think I've finally gave up. I'm just going to use a VPN now. What is the best free one and the best paid one? I think I'm just going to go free though since I don't want to pay for it just to get on and pay again...

jackfrosty
Jul 21, 2014, 08:15 AM
You know what, I think I've finally gave up. I'm just going to use a VPN now. What is the best free one and the best paid one? I think I'm just going to go free though since I don't want to pay for it just to get on and pay again...

Amazon cloud AWS, free for 1 year i use it it's very good imo.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 22, 2014, 08:44 AM
I think this is becoming a routine thing now. .w.

Anyways, any luck for anyone normally?

TheAstarion
Jul 22, 2014, 08:57 AM
I think this is becoming a routine thing now. .w.

Anyways, any luck for anyone normally?

Checking back after tonight's maintenance.

Got a second-hand report that 3 is connecting, I'm in the market for a new sim anyway and they have unlimited data plus 4GB tethering for £18/mo or £180/12mo. Gonna see if I can connect reasonably before making the plunge (PSO is a big motivator but I did need to pull my finger out of my arse and cancel the overpriced T-mobile contract anyway).

genesispso2
Jul 22, 2014, 11:02 AM
i just saw this in another thread

" AT&T CUSTOMERS ARE NOW ABLE TO CONNECT ON AT&T!!! CALL YOUR ISP. Odds are they don’t know about it. ATT was not aware when I called them. Tell them other ISPs in America and worldwide can and you can’t. Tell them about the DDoS attacks and how the backend providers blocked it for protection but it is now safe. If they don’t believe you, tell them to open their own web browser and try to go to pso2.jp. BE NICE! You catch more flies with honey! (You’re welcome fellow AT&T customers XD)"

i still think its worth a shot! please everyone contact your ISP the more people doing the more likely they will fix the problem ima try contacting mine right now

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 22, 2014, 07:44 PM

" AT&T CUSTOMERS ARE NOW ABLE TO CONNECT ON AT&T!!! CALL YOUR ISP. Odds are they don’t know about it. ATT was not aware when I called them. Tell them other ISPs in America and worldwide can and you can’t. Tell them about the DDoS attacks and how the backend providers blocked it for protection but it is now safe. If they don’t believe you, tell them to open their own web browser and try to go to pso2.jp. BE NICE! You catch more flies with honey! (You’re welcome fellow AT&T customers XD)"

i still think its worth a shot! please everyone contact your ISP the more people doing the more likely they will fix the problem ima try contacting mine right now

Hm... has anyone ever tried contacting Sky Broadband's folks?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 22, 2014, 07:50 PM

the guy didn't even show proof and a lot of ppl with the same ISP still can't connect, don't rely on his claim so much

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 24, 2014, 07:08 AM
Post-Maintenance, I still can't connect. Does anyone else have anything else to report?

fay
Jul 24, 2014, 07:11 AM
It's safe to say we won't be getting back on now. It's either get a VPN or just not play at this point.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 24, 2014, 07:12 AM
True...

TheAstarion
Jul 24, 2014, 04:55 PM

Went to one of their stores today and tried connecting; first via vita tethering, and when that didn't work, just tried pso2.jp on the shop assistants' own phones. So 3 is apparently blocked.

So... EE is fine, Orange is fine, O2 connects but is slow, and 3 and Vodafone are currently not working. All other networks in the UK are MNVOs of the existing ones (Virgin for EE, Giffgaff and Tesco for O2, etc).

Very annoyed as 3 were the only ones offering a fair data deal for less than infinite money.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 25, 2014, 09:16 AM
Went to one of their stores today and tried connecting; first via vita tethering, and when that didn't work, just tried pso2.jp on the shop assistants' own phones. So 3 is apparently blocked.

So... EE is fine, Orange is fine, O2 connects but is slow, and 3 and Vodafone are currently not working. All other networks in the UK are MNVOs of the existing ones (Virgin for EE, Giffgaff and Tesco for O2, etc).

Very annoyed as 3 were the only ones offering a fair data deal for less than infinite money.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm starting to think that the only foreign ISPs able to connect normally are TWC and Verizon FIOS (which are American and, as far as I know, have no business here), and any ISPs associated with them in some way.

genesispso2
Jul 25, 2014, 01:44 PM
is anyone trying to get in contact with their ISP or r U just sitting down twiddiling ur thumbs? our ISP is the problem they could take months mayb even YRS!!! to fix it of there own accord

BubbleAqua
Jul 25, 2014, 04:10 PM
South Yorkshire, Sky Broadband, and having no luck with PSO2 here either (tracert times out after reaching the router), although es works fine. However, I was out earlier and had free wi-fi (The Cloud), so I ran a tracert, which gave some potentially interesting results.
1. 10.136.53.161
2. 10.255.254.3
3. 2.127.236.37; 027fec25.bb.sky.com
4. 2.127.236.38; 027fec26.bb.sky.com
5. 10.255.252.129
6. 10.5.160.236
7. 194.42.125.211
...and from there it timed out.
Looking these up shows it doesn't leave London (only a few addresses can be associated with a location), but it seems to reach Sky's backbone - at least, that's what I'd assume bb.sky.com is.
If this is what would happen if we could get past our routers, then it looks like we're still out of luck, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Heck, I haven't even played the PC version - came across PSO2 in the midst of the DDoS and its aftermath.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 25, 2014, 04:41 PM
South Yorkshire, Sky Broadband, and having no luck with PSO2 here either (tracert times out after reaching the router), although es works fine. However, I was out earlier and had free wi-fi (The Cloud), so I ran a tracert, which gave some potentially interesting results.
1. 10.136.53.161
2. 10.255.254.3
3. 2.127.236.37; 027fec25.bb.sky.com
4. 2.127.236.38; 027fec26.bb.sky.com
5. 10.255.252.129
6. 10.5.160.236
7. 194.42.125.211
...and from there it timed out.
Looking these up shows it doesn't leave London (only a few addresses can be associated with a location), but it seems to reach Sky's backbone - at least, that's what I'd assume bb.sky.com is.
If this is what would happen if we could get past our routers, then it looks like we're still out of luck, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Heck, I haven't even played the PC version - came across PSO2 in the midst of the DDoS and its aftermath.

That is quite interesting... Although, it shows what most show - even if it did leave the router, it's generally seen that most traceroutes don't seem to leave the nearest big city (i.e, London).

BananenDealerNL
Jul 25, 2014, 05:00 PM
I can't connect here in the Netherlands.

Poyonche
Jul 25, 2014, 05:13 PM
Someone in my team can connect with KPN

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 28, 2014, 11:19 AM
So, I've made a discovery:
I'm at the Auchenlarie Caravan Park, and it seems that I'm able to connect to PSO2.JP VPN-less.
I'll be testing the game's connection, though considering its knack for kicking me off and me having to reconnect to it, I doubt that I'll be on play for long.

Also, I don't know the ISP.

BananenDealerNL
Jul 28, 2014, 11:36 AM
Someone in my team can connect with KPN
Well i can't connect with ziggo...

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 28, 2014, 11:48 AM
Okay, so I CAN connect here, but, as expected, I couldn't stay online for very long.

Husq
Jul 31, 2014, 10:40 AM
Was on the train last weekend and could connect to the pso2 servers without problems, using laptop and psvita.
Looks like all the major UK home ISP are just not up-to-date with their tech.

Zerex
Jul 31, 2014, 12:19 PM
Day 35

Virgin media

Still no connectivity, our supplies are starting to run thin, we may not make it at this rate. Will watch out for a supply plane overhead.
Godspeed

Taigerr
Aug 1, 2014, 07:05 AM
Train access is like through 3G on EE then??

Has anyone contacted BT yet?

ArataWata
Aug 1, 2014, 10:16 AM
Just tried contacting BT and got absolutely no where with it.

Probably because I didn't know what I was talking about, hopefully someone else has better luck.

Husq
Aug 1, 2014, 10:24 AM
Just tried contacted BT and got absolutely no where with it.

Probably cuz I didn't know what I was talking about, hopefully someone else has better luck.

I contacted them a while back ago and still no reply. So keep sending them emails, ask them on their live chat or post on their forum, you don't need to be the account holder to post on their forum.

genesispso2
Aug 1, 2014, 11:48 AM
I contacted them a while back ago and still no reply. So keep sending them emails, ask them on their live chat or post on their forum, you don't need to be the account holder to post on their forum.

If u dnt mind could you plz post a copy of the email U r sending so i and others know what to say when contacting our ISP?????

Taigerr
Aug 1, 2014, 01:47 PM
If u dnt mind could you plz post a copy of the email U r sending so i and others know what to say when contacting our ISP?????

Dito....

Husq
Aug 2, 2014, 12:36 AM
sorry pal, you have to use the contact form to email BT, that way you get a ref no. Unfortunately they don not send a copy of your email. If you want to email them you need to have the account number for your phone line!, so if you don't have it, ask the main account holder or post on their forum.

Basically what you should include are:
-issues reaching IP ranges 210.189.208.0-210.189.208.255 and 210.189.208.0-210.189.208.255
-servers are not IP region blocked, because, both ranges can be reach using a non BT internet access, for example free wifi on train, a wifi dongle (make sure to check that they aren't using a BT backed service) or mobile phone network

Most free hotspots in the UK are BT backed, so don't tell them that those free wifi access points work, unless you verified it yourself.

genesispso2
Aug 2, 2014, 04:36 AM
sorry pal, you have to use the contact form to email BT, that way you get a ref no. Unfortunately they don not send a copy of your email. If you want to email them you need to have the account number for your phone line!, so if you don't have it, ask the main account holder or post on their forum.

Basically what you should include are:
-issues reaching IP ranges 210.189.208.0-210.189.208.255 and 210.189.208.0-210.189.208.255
-servers are not IP region blocked, because, both ranges can be reach using a non BT internet access, for example free wifi on train, a wifi dongle (make sure to check that they aren't using a BT backed service) or mobile phone network

Most free hotspots in the UK are BT backed, so don't tell them that those free wifi access points work, unless you verified it yourself.

there u go guys if u want pso2 back get on your ISP cases!!!

Asuka~
Aug 3, 2014, 05:57 AM
I was at a relative's house who was using a kinda old 02 Broadband router (Yup, he's on 02, rofl). Anyway, I tried visiting pso2.jp and it worked! I didn't have my laptop with me so I couldn't try getting on PSO2 with that connection. Hmm....

SJRKnowledge96
Aug 4, 2014, 12:44 PM
I'm just using a proxy now.

Aka
Aug 4, 2014, 05:42 PM
I was at a relative's house who was using a kinda old 02 Broadband router (Yup, he's on 02, rofl). Anyway, I tried visiting pso2.jp and it worked! I didn't have my laptop with me so I couldn't try getting on PSO2 with that connection. Hmm....

O2 home broadband no longer exists as O2 sold it's broadband division to Sky early last year so your relative is almost certain to be under Sky Broadband now, which is odd as people have still reported that PSO2 is unreachable on Sky in this thread.

Halikus
Aug 5, 2014, 04:47 AM
I was on O2 before i was transferred to Sky's monthly rolling contract. I cant access anything PSO2 related w/o VPN/SSH tunnel.

Our test business line at work is still on O2 and that works no problems.

EE broadband also works in the UK as one of the other managers on my team is using that and has never needed any software to connect post DDos.

Ana-Chan
Aug 5, 2014, 01:04 PM
BT are perfectly aware of the issue. https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Unable-to-connect-to-pso2-jp-NULL-routed-at-BT-public-router/td-p/1319023. This isn't mine but I was in the process of contacting them and getting similar responses myself.

genesispso2
Aug 5, 2014, 02:42 PM
BT are perfectly aware of the issue. https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Unable-to-connect-to-pso2-jp-NULL-routed-at-BT-public-router/td-p/1319023. This isn't mine but I was in the process of contacting them and getting similar responses myself.

i finally contacted BT myself today guess i no what im in 4 now *sighs* well atleast BT no

Requiem Aeternam
Aug 5, 2014, 06:46 PM

Hopefully this means that BT will fix the problem so their customers can connect without having to use a VPN. I've been wanting to play again a lot lately but really don't want to use a VPN to do so.

Husq
Aug 5, 2014, 11:05 PM
How about you guys actually post in that thread on bt forum that you guys are have connection issues as well? At the moment it looks like only 3-4 out of million of BT customers care about this issue, besides the post is almost a month old. Like I mentioned before you can sign up to post on their forum without having the bt account number. The more noise we make on their public forum the higher the chances hat we get it sorted sooner than later.

Ana-Chan
Aug 6, 2014, 02:28 PM
@Husq:
What was the point of that post? The point of mine originally was to use a source to show that BT was aware of the problem, nothing more. It still didn't stop me contacting BT customer support (Ref number VOL012-94292295192, VOL012-93843334843) and then contacting the security team.
I also assume that you have been doing similar things to cause more noise.

Husq
Aug 6, 2014, 05:15 PM
Like most Uk customer services, BT tends to ignore issues that affects a tiny fraction of their costumers. Similar thing happens when people had problem connecting to uplay last year. It was pretty much known by BT, but ignored as only a few people complained about it initially. It wasn't until more people raised the issue with BT, before action was taken on their side.

I still haven't heard back from them, and it has been over a month ago when I posted them my first email. Going to send a third one at the end of the week, not sure if it helps...

MRLADYBOY
Aug 7, 2014, 05:36 PM
Why don't you just use the AWS method? Its actually a faster connection for me anyway, so im not fussed if it gets sorted by virgin my end.

Husq
Aug 8, 2014, 09:52 AM
Why don't you just use the AWS method? Its actually a faster connection for me anyway, so im not fussed if it gets sorted by virgin my end.

AWS is only free for a year.
You always get more latency added if data gets routed, exception is if the path to the destination is better optimised. If BT can get it sorted out, most xdsl users should see some improvement, in regards to latency, unless they are trying to be funny.
Virgin is different animal. Latency fluctuates depending on how many users connected to a node, for example if two people on your street are on virgin and using internet access at the same time your latency will increase. xdsl doesn't have this issue, but has it own problems.

Ana-Chan
Aug 9, 2014, 12:30 PM
Yup, if you had the choice of no fuss native connectivity through your ISP, or using a way to reroute, I'm sure most people would prefer the native connectivity.

Requiem Aeternam
Aug 9, 2014, 12:43 PM
I'd much rather connect normally without a VPN but the chances of that are looking increasingly unlikely. I'll wait till the end of this month and, if I still can't connect normally, I'll just have to use a VPN.

Husq
Aug 17, 2014, 12:24 AM
Can someone with BT, and filled in a support email, check if there has been a fault report logged in their account (under myBT, tracking fault or something). I just noticed BT has put up a fault report in my account on the 13th August, fault is listed on their retail side, not on my end. So maybe they are doing something, my last email to them was on the 2nd August just for reference, and i haven't been in contact with them since then.

JoycieC
Dec 21, 2014, 12:42 AM
I confirmed about a month ago that TalkTalk at my workplace is now routing traffic correctly for PSO2. Haven't tried it since.

I'm on BT Broadband at home in London and Sky in a second home located in Wales. Neither connect to PSO2 last I checked.

Has anyone else here got anything to share and do we have any TalkTalk users here?

MRLADYBOY
Dec 25, 2014, 04:28 AM
I confirmed about a month ago that TalkTalk at my workplace is now routing traffic correctly for PSO2. Haven't tried it since.

I'm on BT Broadband at home in London and Sky in a second home located in Wales. Neither connect to PSO2 last I checked.

Has anyone else here got anything to share and do we have any TalkTalk users here?

Well, i would say that if you have the means to get an AWS account, get it. Its about 100x better than my normal "high speed" virgin connection was. Id use that even if my ISP could connect anyway.

Husq
Jan 12, 2015, 07:05 PM
Not sure if it is a fluke and if it will be permanent, but at the moment i can connect to pso2 directly, with plusnet.
To my surprise, direct conenction, now, cuts latency by 30-40ms! Last time when we could connect directly to the servers, it was around 300ms!

Digital Pain
Jan 13, 2015, 03:25 AM
Just a heads up! Virgin Media can connect to the server's again without the use of a proxy, lets see how long this lasts this time.

Halikus
Jan 13, 2015, 03:38 AM
Confirmed working from O2 broadband - anyone know bout sky?

Z-0
Jan 13, 2015, 03:53 AM
Sky is working too.

Halikus
Jan 13, 2015, 04:08 AM
Sky is working too.

Wonderful news many thanks that man

ArataWata
Jan 13, 2015, 05:02 PM
UK player here, my ISP is BT and I can confirm I've been able to connect to the official site several times with no problem.

I uninstalled the game sometime time ago so I can't say if I can connect to the actual game server yet but considering I can connect to the official site and download from the official launcher it's safe to assume I'll be able to connect to the game.

RikuKH
Jan 13, 2015, 06:07 PM
I'm from finland and it works here too! Me and my friend both were able to log in... but wait, has this happened before? How likely is this going to be *permanent?

Husq
Jan 13, 2015, 06:16 PM
I'm from finland and it works here too! Me and my friend both were able to log in... but wait, has this happened before? How likely is this going to be only permanent?

Yeah, last time it lasted until the weekly maintaince was over. So let's wait and see if yahoo jpn finally decides to announce it permanently.

Digital Pain
Jan 13, 2015, 07:09 PM
I've got a feeling after Maint we won't be able to connect to server without proxy! I hope i'm wrong of course.

RikuKH
Jan 13, 2015, 07:15 PM
Somebody said that some people are sometimes suddenly able to log in again, even after the maintance... but yeah, let's wait and see.

ArataWata
Jan 14, 2015, 02:58 AM
Just tried connecting to the site, launcher and game server after maintenance and I can safely say I've been able to login with no problems.

MRLADYBOY
Jan 14, 2015, 05:05 AM
Tried the official site "post maint" and it WORKS!! Not tried the game yet as im updating.

Virgin Media customer

Azure Falcon
Jan 15, 2015, 03:14 PM
Still not working here on BT Wholesale ADSL, website times out and so do trace routes. For those of you with access on BT, are you using Infinity?

Husq
Jan 15, 2015, 05:03 PM
Still not working here on BT Wholesale ADSL, website times out and so do trace routes. For those of you with access on BT, are you using Infinity?

Which ISP are you using? ISP based on bt wholesale don't always uses the same backbone. For example plusnet, own by BT, and Zen don't use bt's peering exchange.

Daiyousei
Jan 15, 2015, 07:14 PM
Site still works with cablevision, game still needs way around it.

Azure Falcon
Jan 16, 2015, 09:50 AM
Which ISP are you using? ISP based on bt wholesale don't always uses the same backbone. For example plusnet, own by BT, and Zen don't use bt's peering exchange.

Freeola, they are an Entanet reseller. Comparing trace routes with a friend on BT my connection is basically the same after leaving the country, but it dies 1 hop from pso2.jp

Husq
Jan 16, 2015, 12:51 PM
Freeola, they are an Entanet reseller. Comparing trace routes with a friend on BT my connection is basically the same after leaving the country, but it dies 1 hop from pso2.jp

post your tracroute log, so we can have a look.
just type in something like,

tracert pso2.jp>c:\log.txtyou can use a different path and file name

Azure Falcon
Jan 17, 2015, 07:59 AM
Sure, here it is. Used to time out before hop 7 when the DDOS first occurred, then a few months ago it started getting this far but hasn't changed at all since then.

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 28 ms 26 ms 31 ms lns12.the.dsl.enta.net [188.39.0.6]
3 27 ms 26 ms 27 ms te3-3.the.dist.dsl.enta.net [188.39.0.5]
4 27 ms 32 ms 27 ms te2-2.telehouse-east3.dsl.enta.net [78.33.141.81]
5 26 ms 27 ms 27 ms te5-6.telehouse-east2.core.enta.net [62.249.192.125]
6 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-1-0-1.telehouse-east4.core.enta.net [188.39.127.129]
7 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-0-0-0.telehouse-east3.core.enta.net [188.39.127.150]
8 37 ms 26 ms 39 ms 40ge1-3.core1.lon2.he.net [195.66.224.21]
9 101 ms 103 ms 96 ms 100ge1-1.core1.nyc4.he.net [72.52.92.166]
10 189 ms 184 ms 188 ms 10ge10-3.core1.lax1.he.net [72.52.92.226]
11 179 ms 180 ms 187 ms 10ge1-3.core1.lax2.he.net [72.52.92.122]
12 289 ms 285 ms 282 ms softbank221111203001.bbtec.net [221.111.203.1]
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 273 ms 280 ms 280 ms 101.110.16.206
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 279 ms 281 ms 281 ms 158.205.188.253
19 284 ms 284 ms 291 ms 158.205.188.174
20 283 ms 279 ms * 158.205.76.236
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Husq
Jan 17, 2015, 01:30 PM
Sure, here it is. Used to time out before hop 7 when the DDOS first occurred, then a few months ago it started getting this far but hasn't changed at all since then.

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 28 ms 26 ms 31 ms lns12.the.dsl.enta.net [188.39.0.6]
3 27 ms 26 ms 27 ms te3-3.the.dist.dsl.enta.net [188.39.0.5]
4 27 ms 32 ms 27 ms te2-2.telehouse-east3.dsl.enta.net [78.33.141.81]
5 26 ms 27 ms 27 ms te5-6.telehouse-east2.core.enta.net [62.249.192.125]
6 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-1-0-1.telehouse-east4.core.enta.net [188.39.127.129]
7 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-0-0-0.telehouse-east3.core.enta.net [188.39.127.150]
8 37 ms 26 ms 39 ms 40ge1-3.core1.lon2.he.net [195.66.224.21]
9 101 ms 103 ms 96 ms 100ge1-1.core1.nyc4.he.net [72.52.92.166]
10 189 ms 184 ms 188 ms 10ge10-3.core1.lax1.he.net [72.52.92.226]
11 179 ms 180 ms 187 ms 10ge1-3.core1.lax2.he.net [72.52.92.122]
12 289 ms 285 ms 282 ms softbank221111203001.bbtec.net [221.111.203.1]
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 273 ms 280 ms 280 ms 101.110.16.206
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 279 ms 281 ms 281 ms 158.205.188.253
19 284 ms 284 ms 291 ms 158.205.188.174
20 283 ms 279 ms * 158.205.76.236
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

That is strange. My log is almost the same after peering to HE's terminals, and after the 158.205.76.236 entry it actually pings to 210.189.209.8.
Did you try contacting Freeola or reconnecting your modem/gateway?

Azure Falcon
Jan 17, 2015, 04:16 PM
That is strange. My log is almost the same after peering to HE's terminals, and after the 158.205.76.236 entry it actually pings to 210.189.209.8.
Did you try contacting Freeola or reconnecting your modem/gateway?

Not recently. I contacted them when the issue originally occurred and they knew what the problem was, but told me that due to BT Wholesale being the ones that would need to make changes to sort out the issue, that it was almost certain they can't escalate the fault high enough for the right people to pay attention. And yeah, I reboot the router once a week or so.

My friend on BT Infinity runs into the same thing as yourself, it reaches 1 hop further than me and can connect to pso2.jp

Requiem Aeternam
Jan 18, 2015, 08:29 AM
I'm with BT and can connect to the site again without a hitch. Not sure about the game yet but seeing as I haven't played since the DDoS it might be awhile before I can find out if I can connect to that as well. The game updates really slow for me.

EDIT: I can play the game again without using a VPN.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 18, 2015, 07:42 PM
Tbh the tweaker with the built in vpn or whatever has worked for me for months. I'm with BT too. The tweaker has dealt with everything in an all in one package for me now and i'm thankful for not having to use pingzapper anymore as the reliability of that programme was questionable many a time.

Tifa

Ark01000
Mar 6, 2015, 02:02 PM
Hi my new to all of this but I really want to play pso2 had the ep1 & 2 and missed out on all the others since I can get onto the site and iv made a jp Id but I don't know if it will work I'm with virgin media and I'm on ps vita but I want to know befor I spend all my money on a memory card

Digital Pain
Mar 6, 2015, 03:18 PM
Hi my new to all of this but I really want to play pso2 had the ep1 & 2 and missed out on all the others since I can get onto the site and iv made a jp Id but I don't know if it will work I'm with virgin media and I'm on ps vita but I want to know befor I spend all my money on a memory card

Hey I'm on Virgin Media and can connect to the servers without a VPN! so you should be good to go.

Asuka~
Mar 6, 2015, 07:04 PM
I'm on Sky and I'm also fine. :)

Ark01000
Mar 7, 2015, 11:32 AM
Thx for the info just downloading the update now takes forever.