PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 US release?

Donutoid
Jul 2, 2014, 05:28 PM
Has there been any word from Sega whatsoever about a US release since the announcement of the delay? I'm very eager to play this in English. I've done some research, and sadly, have found nothing. Just wanted to be sure I'm not missing some huge announcement or anything. :-?

Shadowth117
Jul 2, 2014, 05:28 PM
Nope, pretty usual treatment.

Yamishi
Jul 2, 2014, 05:29 PM
They keep insisting it's coming, but also keep saying the word "delayed."

I, for one, have given up hope, 'cause I've sunk so many hours into PSO2JP that it would take some massive goodwill gifts from Sega of America to get me to switch over.

Donutoid
Jul 2, 2014, 05:31 PM
That's the thing... I keep seeing how fun the JP version looks, but at the same time, don't really want to get started on that so I can save it for a US release... Oh well... Thanks though!

Yamishi
Jul 2, 2014, 05:38 PM
That's the thing... I keep seeing how fun the JP version looks, but at the same time, don't really want to get started on that so I can save it for a US release... Oh well... Thanks though!

I felt this way at first, too. I figured I'd just play the JP version for fun until the international version comes out, THEN get serious.

Two years later, here we are. :-P

D-Inferno
Jul 2, 2014, 05:39 PM
A US release could work provided that it catches up to JP fast, and it gets a large userbase (via Steam perhaps). However, the aspect of the game that makes $$$ (scratches) would be no where as popular in the US (not to mention I think a lot of outfits would get cut). In fact, I can see the US release cutting out a lot of earlier difficulty weapons and even aspects of the game that aren't really relevant (certain EQs). Idk where the other versions of PSO2 are at with content, so feel free to fill me in.

I suspect that the US release, if it ever happens, will use Ep3 as it's base, but take a while for Ep3's maps to actually come out, along with Falz-based EQs. Having Braver and Bouncer available at the start would help too.

Lashette
Jul 2, 2014, 05:42 PM
Well there have been rumors floating around about Relic (which is a company owned by sega) placed an ad that they were hiring for someone to work on a localized version of an Sega MMO currently running in Japan. But there has been no confirmation from SoA that this is actually true. All Sega is saying is it's delayed and they'll have more information when it becomes available.

Dark Matter
Jul 2, 2014, 06:08 PM
Instead of a US version I got a better idea.
Not one of my better plans better plans, but its bulletproof.

Im sorry, i'll go sit in the corner and put the cap back on.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-8/0806/south-park-s08e06c05-they-took-our-jobs-16x9.jpg

I say with the blocks and bans made by this epidemic, we get the Japanese to lift the block for us.

We tell the Japanese community that we made the nude patch and we'll give them an updated
version with better looking tits and a larger variety of nude costume toggles. Then theyll think we're not so bad and appeal to sakai and the sega crew
to let us really be apart of the pso2 community and revise the terms of service.

We all know sega's not going to make that patch since the game is age is supposed to appeal to 15+

All we need is a person who'll work on the patch

I know they'll leap for it.
I k-know it.

They took our [SPOILER]Waifus![/SPOILER-BOX]

wohdin
Jul 3, 2014, 02:55 PM
They took our Waifus!
I lol'd

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 03:19 PM
(not to mention I think a lot of outfits would get cut).

Meanwhile at Tera Online, Scarlet blade, RaiderZ, and pretty much every MMO game in the care of PWO or Aeria games, motherfucking SWTOR
https://timewantsaskeleton.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/tera-armor-is-ridiculous.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/swtor-exquisite-dancer-armor-set-trackers-bounty-pack_thumb.jpg

landman
Jul 3, 2014, 04:43 PM
I've sunk so many hours into PSO2JP that it would take some massive goodwill gifts from Sega of America to get me to switch over.
I've sunk so many hours too, but I decided first day I would only sunk my ours in the Japanese server with force and techs, so I had reasons to start a new character in a different place. And works for me.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 3, 2014, 04:55 PM
english release of PSO2 you will get when both the Last guardian and FF15 are released don't worry those 3 games are all delayed but never fear there coming soon as in the earliest 2015 to late 2016

SLY_J
Jul 3, 2014, 08:43 PM

I've thought the same thing ever since the western version was announced, and it wasn't until I started playing that I realized it was just an excuse. That said, I can completely understand where you're coming from because I was in the same boat until just a little over two months ago when I finally caved into the pressure and started playing the JP version. It has been a blast to play, and despite the persisting connection issues caused by the DDoS attack, I still don't regret it one bit. Rather than argue about the feasibility of a western release, let me just give you a list of reasons why you should go ahead and start playing now, based on what the past two months have been like for me:

1. Almost 20 gigs of content.
Right now, the swimming pool that is PSO 2 is deep and filled with awesome. If you start playing now, you aren't going to be playing PSO 2. You are going to be playing PSO 2 + 2 years of updates. In addition, PSO 2 Episode 3 is due out sometime in August (maybe September if the DDoS ends up causing any delays), and that update alone is going to add over 7GB more content. That means PSO 2 is going to be almost double the size it was when it was first released two years ago. Now, if that sounds a little intimidating, don't worry! There's no need to feel like you've been left behind. Starting now after holding out for two years won't make it any less fun. In fact...

2. Starting now after having held out for two years will actually make the game MORE fun.
If you look around the forums, you'll find a lot of people complaining about PSO 2 either not being fun or having two many flaws. Don't listen to them. Most of the players posting in the forums have been playing PSO 2 long enough for some of the luster of the game to have worn off for them. That's not the case for you. You're going into this fresh. The developers over at Sega have been slowly but surely releasing content designed to keep players interested for over two years. That means you're going to be experiencing 2 years worth of "Holy S***!" moments all at once. In other words, you're going to be scarfing down a HUGE bag of Skittles, and the result is going to be a sugar high that might leave you in a diabetic coma. If you wait for a western release, you're going to have to experience all of that content stretched out over several years. Trust me, you don't want to do that.

3. The English speaking community on the JP servers is awesome.
You're going to hear a lot about the silly shenanigans of players in Block 20, and yes, sometimes English speaking players do get a little riled up, but all in all, the English speaking community is incredibly cool. Remember that every English speaking person you see playing PSO 2 probably had to jump through a lot of hoops just to even make an account, and they probably wouldn't have bothered if they didn't care about the game. And really, that's probably the best endorsement I can give as to why you shouldn't wait. The fact that a sizable English speaking community already exists is proof enough that...

4. This game is worth it.
This game is good. Really good. I won't lie: At first, this game was a pain to get working, but once I got it up and running, I have not regretted it, and I'm certain I never will. I have not had this much fun playing a game in a long LONG time. So just take the plunge and give it a try. (Although you may want to wait until the DDoS connection issues resolve themselves.)

Vintasticvin
Jul 3, 2014, 08:55 PM
Instead of a US version I got a better idea.
Not one of my better plans better plans, but its bulletproof.

Im sorry, i'll go sit in the corner and put the cap back on.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-8/0806/south-park-s08e06c05-they-took-our-jobs-16x9.jpg

I say with the blocks and bans made by this epidemic, we get the Japanese to lift the block for us.

We tell the Japanese community that we made the nude patch and we'll give them an updated
version with better looking tits and a larger variety of nude costume toggles. Then theyll think we're not so bad and appeal to sakai and the sega crew
to let us really be apart of the pso2 community and revise the terms of service.

We all know sega's not going to make that patch since the game is age is supposed to appeal to 15+

All we need is a person who'll work on the patch

I know they'll leap for it.
I k-know it.

They took our [SPOILER]Waifus![/SPOILER-BOX]

*Sparta kicks to black list*

gaijin_punch
Jul 3, 2014, 09:04 PM
I started playing so a local friend and I (well, sorta local - Sendai) could play. We were actually thinking about doing Blue Burst on a private server, but he was like, "PSO2 is free... let's try it out". Both of us avoided it from launch as to not get sucked in. Well... I have a 4 classes at 70, and the gentei runs a little dry for me w/ 70/70 characters so I'm doing two more now. :-/

I lost my job though, and I'm currently in limbo until I relocate in 6 weeks, so the only other thing I have to do is get rid of shit I don't need (which actually does take a bit of time).

Dark Matter
Jul 3, 2014, 09:12 PM
*Sparta kicks to black list*

<3 <3 <3

Dan Maku
Jul 3, 2014, 09:17 PM
IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

[/thread]