PDA

View Full Version : PS vita question.

Kaju122
Jul 2, 2014, 10:35 PM
Since I noticed alot of you play on vita, i thought I better ask..... what the easiest way to switch back and forth between psn's on vita? I heard you dont really need 2 memory cards.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 2, 2014, 11:08 PM
I believe you can factory reset the memory card to change the primary PSN account that's tied to it.

Nevertheless, it would be easier if you had two memory cards (so one of them can be the JP account and the other will be the US/EU account).

Edit: owning the physical Vita copy of PSO2 allows you to use your US/EU account too.

blace
Jul 2, 2014, 11:11 PM
You'll need to constantly back up and restore the memory card each time you wanted to switch accounts with one card and relink the account to it every time.

Kaju122
Jul 3, 2014, 12:41 AM
Hmm. Though since I've already linked my pso2 account to my japanese psn, I have no choice huh?

Zipzo
Jul 3, 2014, 02:19 AM
Since I noticed alot of you play on vita, i thought I better ask..... what the easiest way to switch back and forth between psn's on vita? I heard you dont really need 2 memory cards.

You heard 100% wrong. You absolutely need two memory cards. One per account.

This means that if you save your PSO2 to your US account, you can't play PSO2 on your vita if you're on your JP network account.

Kaju122
Jul 3, 2014, 05:24 AM
And vise versa, I cant play PSO2 on my EN psn if it's linked with my JP psn, correct?

Sara-hime
Jul 3, 2014, 05:41 AM
You can send a email to Sega about delinking your PSN, but maybe those that have done so can expand on that.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 3, 2014, 05:58 AM
Essentially, buying the game (rather than downloading the game) saves you the hassle from utilizing a JP account (just to play one game).

If anything, you're better off buying the game since:

- Once again, you can use your US account to play the game.
- You conserve some memory space by not downloading the game via the JP PSN store.
- You don't have to inconveniently format the memory card every time you want to switch PSN accounts.
- You don't have to waste even more money on another memory card that's exclusive for the JP account (if you don't have the time, effort, energy, and patience to reformat the primary memory card).
- Buying the game includes 30 day premium, 2000 FUN points, 16 Ark Badges, and a plethora of costumes/weapons.
- The game is relatively inexpensive (compared to other Japanese imported games). I got mine for $47 and it came up as $60.47 with the tax and the fastest shipping speed.

Ultimately, it's really up to you! Convenience comes when a price; whereas, inconvenience comes for free (or in some cases, even more expensive). Therefore, the choice is yours~

Zipzo
Jul 3, 2014, 06:35 AM
I think what it really comes down to is one important question...do you plan on utilizing the JP network for anything other than PSO2? If not, then there's really no skin off your back just using the cartridge and saving your data on your US account memory card.

If you plan on using the JP network for games...then that's where the ball kinda falls in your court, which you think is more convenient for your PSO2 data to be on.