PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Meyfei's Thought on Your Shop's Minimum List Price

Meyfei
Jul 3, 2014, 09:50 AM
So I have this idea about the player shops in PSO2. You know how no matter what gets sold, as long as its common it'll drop to 1050 Meseta?

What about items that sell for 1300 -/+ at the NPC shop?
I mean "big deal" 250 Meseta profit, but say that 1050 Meseta limit was removed, and we could go as low as 105 Meseta.

Do any of you honestly think that items would drop that low? That people would rather list something for 100 Meseta or less, knowing the NPC shop would be far quicker + save a slot in their shop, And earn them far more?

HIT0SHI
Jul 3, 2014, 09:53 AM
Some people would.

If it was that cheap, I would just NPC it personally. :lol:

Meyfei
Jul 3, 2014, 10:18 AM
I know right? Just came to mind now, I been npcing my 7-9*'s because, well why not?

But I noticed in doing so I'm making no profit. How?
Simply untekking rares costs 2-4k selling said rare = 700-1.4k (aprox.)
So if people really wanted to balance out their profitable earnings wouldnt regardless of worth- 5k be the better minimum price to set in shops for /anything/ untekked?

Ultimately finding what sells for more, and is listed cheap in the Shops, is more profitable for the buyer- or Re-seller, as apposed to that very someone selling it first lol. It's like hand feeding us extra money

Friyn
Jul 3, 2014, 10:35 AM
There are people on other games who sell stuff on market below vendor price. So, yeah, some items would prolly drop down to 100 meseta or so.

Meyfei
Jul 3, 2014, 10:43 AM
do those games have a Limit on how many items can be listed? Usually in some like say WoW you can just plow everything in and walk away knowing you got wealth coming xD

HIT0SHI
Jul 3, 2014, 10:45 AM
Yeah, from what I'd recall it was about 20 slots to sell or so. Might be 30 XD

Achelousaurus
Jul 3, 2014, 10:50 AM
I just got my shop but I am putting in more or less anything I don't need.
If it's a unit/weapon with a few slots 1050 is a lot more than NPCing and on the other hand the buyer can get some affixing fodder instantly without having to hunt for it.

If I want to put more expensive stuff into my shop but it's full I can always remove the cheap crap and npc it then (or put it into storage).

GoldenFalcon
Jul 3, 2014, 11:36 AM
Stackable items should be able to go as low as 100. Like Striking or Ranged PA fragments

Meyfei
Jul 3, 2014, 04:28 PM
I gave it some thought before responding. The idea of stackables being 1050 adds abit of balance to be completely honest, even if unintentional.

You could pick up multiple daily orders for Wolga belly fangs and the like, and if people seriously farmed them enough they might drop below 1050 (Unlikely, i seen em 4k-10k+, but for sake of argument and Franka CO's) The exp granted through daily orders consisting of collect "0/99" that adds up quite abit, would be a tiny bit unbalanced if you could pay 9900 meseta to earn lets say, for balanced accuracy, 1,100meseta 1,100exp each (1,100 x 99 = gain) Offering the ability to surge through orders for all collect quests, and take in some hardcore exp. Although not the best if compared to Team-MPA's but a good source of lazy orders for extra exp and alt leveling.

I'd rather not go into the math for it all, cause I cant, but I'm sure if someone invested enough time they could calculate the amount of meseta on a balanced price from 1 to 70 using just collect orders, and add in variables for all the stuff- Level scaling, Time for CO's to appear etc etc

Though if order parts were left alone, and only them crafting parts? perhaps it could help people out.

Also about NPC shops, How about them Prices? I heard an 12* costs 8m? (or was that an 11*)
If a 1200meseta item is sold, its estimate 15k Buy-Back. Just imagine acidentally selling a 12* o_o

Achelousaurus
Jul 4, 2014, 09:22 AM
Yeah.
Also, selling things too cheap would mean there is no point anymore in doing anything yourself, some bored lvl 70 with 100 billion meseta that forgot to turn in Franka's Cos will just have placed 50 of whatever quest item you need in the shop for 50 meseta a pop.

1050 isn't much but at least it makes large amounts a bit less "free exp" like.
Also, 1000 is nice cause for most stuff it's a good above NPCing it, you're paying for the shop with real money, would be a shame if only really good rares would make you any meseta at all.

What I don't get is the retarded tax though. What's the point of that?

Meyfei
Jul 4, 2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah.
Also, selling things too cheap would mean there is no point anymore in doing anything yourself, some bored lvl 70 with 100 billion meseta that forgot to turn in Franka's Cos will just have placed 50 of whatever quest item you need in the shop for 50 meseta a pop.

1050 isn't much but at least it makes large amounts a bit less "free exp" like.
Also, 1000 is nice cause for most stuff it's a good above NPCing it, you're paying for the shop with real money, would be a shame if only really good rares would make you any meseta at all.

What I don't get is the retarded tax though. What's the point of that?

I find the AC scratch to be more of a shame with the community being so fashion driven. As far as earning Meseta goes ofcourse. Wouldn't want weapons or armor, or worse 100% risk removers.

Alternatively a 0.000001% chance weapon or units would be feasible given their not tradable, and only for looks (see: Lobby Afking, and Room holograms). Consider it like a contribution thanks of some sort.

Achelousaurus
Jul 7, 2014, 07:34 AM
100% risk removers? There is such a thing?
I find that a lot better than fashion :P

Ephidiel
Jul 7, 2014, 08:15 AM
They cost about 100k on ship 10

But regarding the tax its just so that the inflation is worked against
Though honestly the tax should he higher imo

Shinamori
Jul 7, 2014, 08:32 AM
100k on ship 10? They cost 300k on Ship 2....