PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed 107 problems from most bigger Swedish ISPs

KakuRoze
Jul 3, 2014, 11:22 AM
I'll just write that I have had the opportunity to talk to a less knowledgeable person on my ISPs tech support, and while she could not really help me with the issue, she confirmed that the issue is also present on Telia's network.
That makes my list of problematic (swedish) ISPs as follows:
* Comhem - Destination Net Unreachable
* Banhof - Simply timeouts
* Telia - Unknown error message, but at least as crappy as comhem
* Bredbandsbolaget - Destination host unavailable

As stated in another post, this probably Has to be resolved by Segs's ISP, so gl everyone, hope Sega at least has even the slightest will to fix this issue.

Sega's ISP has most probably issued a global update that the network in question is no longer under service, that is, it does not exist, which means that ALL routers will drop ALL packages to these hosts as fast as possible in the routing chain, this is a good counter measure to stop DDoS attacks, and as I understand it, without removing this "limit" altogether, there is no simple fix except using VPN. So dont count on any fix to this issue anytime soon, if ever, because of how they have implemented the blockade, its probably akin to a ip block of a grander scale. The routing system as a whole is currently in "Only allow ...." mode. So unless Sega specifically give greenlight for your ISP, its highly unlikable there will be a fix. At least if my understanding of how the routing system works and from the data I've gathered reading around this forum regarding these issues.

nanamin
Jul 3, 2014, 01:00 PM
Good chunk of information there. Aside from comhem, I tried tracert on 3G networks in Sweden. So far, Comviq was not able to reach the game server. Strange thing is, I used tethering to connect my PC using the Comviq 3G network, and I was able to open the pso2.jp website. However, when I issued the tracert command on the game servers, the pings were not able to reach the final destination.

Have you tested any other Swedish 3G/4G mobile network also?

Shinamori
Jul 3, 2014, 01:54 PM
Funny thing Comcast said the issue was on their end

Hrith
Jul 3, 2014, 03:13 PM
A lot of ISPs have said it will clear up on its own as soon as pso2.jp is no longer flagged as under a DDoS attack, but none have said how long that may take.

SEGA has communicated about the errors and that the issues are 'being addressed' - but again, no ETA.
However, since it is illegal to play the game outside Japan (EULA), and SEGA has communicated about the errors, it probably means some people are getting the errors in Japan as well.