PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone talked to Telus yet?

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 12:22 PM
Just wondering If anyone has gone to telus about the connection to the pso2 servers.
It is one of the bigger ISPs in canada.
Crossing my fingers that some people have already gone to them about this already.

Shinamori
Jul 3, 2014, 12:45 PM
Can't you do it?

Arksenth
Jul 3, 2014, 12:47 PM
Can't you do it?

I was just about to say this, but in a more pretty way that would call him worthless and pathetic and laugh prettily!

-sparkles prettily-

Stop stealing my spotlight!

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 12:52 PM
Short answer: No

Long answer:I would but there's 2 problems, the first is that I don't "own" my internet connection, im just some teenager playing videogames on my pc in my room, so i don't think they'd listen to me, Im also terrible with explaining situations/anything properly, so I'm afraid they just ignore me if i tried. I might even somehow fuck over everyone who's using telus as an ISP in my attempt.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 12:54 PM
Write a email then, or a letter.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 01:03 PM
Write a email then, or a letter.

Wouldnt work, already said I'm not "registered" or anything with my isp, that and I'm not confident that I'll get taken seriously, then end up with a "lol pso2 is a jp only service" or "not our problemo."

But say i did email them, what information should I give so I can get them to have their techs look into it.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 01:07 PM
Wouldnt work, already said I'm not "registered" or anything with my isp, that and I'm not confident that I'll get taken seriously, then end up with a "lol pso2 is a jp only service" or "not our problemo."

But say i did email them, what information should I give so I can get them to have their techs look into it.

Run a tracert through the command window, save that as txt file or a screenshot.
Have it showing the connectioin not leaving their network, and send that as problem on their network.
Also let them know that other ISP, such as TWC, can access.
Another information that can be added was that the website in question was the recent target of a DDOS attack, so it might be blacklisted to be protection against such attack.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 01:14 PM
Run a tracert through the command window, save that as txt file or a screenshot.
Have it showing the connectioin not leaving their network, and send that as problem on their network.
Also let them know that other ISP, such as TWC, can access.
Another information that can be added was that the website in question was the recent target of a DDOS attack, so it might be blacklisted to be protection against such attack.

Whenever i run a tracert to pso2.jp, It times out after the 1st hop, numbers 2-30 are all * * * "timed out"
Makes it look like the problem is on my end, and while it obviously isnt (I'm posting here right now after all) It doesn't exactly show them that the problem is on their end.
Or would the fact that we've got some ISPs able to connect but theirs can't be good enough to get them to look into it.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 01:17 PM
Whenever i run a tracert to pso2.jp, It times out after the 1st hop, numbers 2-30 are all * * * "timed out"
Makes it look like the problem is on my end, and while it obviously isnt (I'm posting here right now after all) It doesn't exactly show them that the problem is on their end.
Or would the fact that we've got some ISPs able to connect but theirs can't be good enough to get them to look into it.

Try a tracert to gs016.pso2gs.net
That's SHip 2 server.

But failing first hop?
Try a few more, or post a screenshot of it.

Arksenth
Jul 3, 2014, 01:26 PM
So many excuses aaaaaah.

"I'm young and therefore I'm a floppy invalid that can't do anythiiiiing."

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 01:47 PM
So many excuses aaaaaah.

"I'm young and therefore I'm a floppy invalid that can't do anythiiiiing."

Ikr lol It feels like thats exactly what im doing. (to tell the truth Im just extremely paranoid that customer service everywhere is always total shit and the only thing Ill get from telus is them dodging me by saying Pso2 is a jp only service.)

Im waiting for my dad to do whatever he's doing, then i'll be back with some screen shots of tracerts from both addresses.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 02:08 PM
Try a tracert to gs016.pso2gs.net
That's SHip 2 server.

But failing first hop?
Try a few more, or post a screenshot of it.

Here you go
Pso2.jp
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/DZmF8ms.png[/spoiler-box]
Doesn't leave the modem.

gs016.pso2gs.net
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/n1czYC1.jpg[/spoiler-box]
same here.
Should I just go to them with information everyone else has and cross my fingers?