PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Optimum (Cablevision) as their ISP?

MasterGunz2345
Jul 3, 2014, 12:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, cause I have Optimum as my ISP as well, and I'm not able to connect to the official website or game.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 12:57 PM
Just out of curiosity, cause I have Optimum as my ISP as well, and I'm not able to connect to the official website or game.

Run a tracert to see if it's leaving their network.

Daiyousei
Jul 3, 2014, 01:22 PM
I have optimum and I am currently in email contact with support for a couple days, checking and replying when I have time.

Helvetica Standard
Jul 3, 2014, 02:26 PM
I have optimum. I can connect to the website but I can't get into the game. I managed to login once before the maintenance. After that I could no longer get in.
I tried Pingzapper yesterday and worked (I was online for 5,6 hours) then it stopped working and PZ is now clutterware, looking pretty on my desktop. I won't risk using a VPN, so I will wait...and wait...and wait...and wait..

Daiyousei
Jul 3, 2014, 05:43 PM
"I am going to escalate this to our engineers. There is a turn around time of 48 - 72 hours and we will contact you to let you know when we have everything up and running. "

Got this from Optimum, will see what happens then.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 3, 2014, 05:50 PM
"I am going to escalate this to our engineers. There is a turn around time of 48 - 72 hours and we will contact you to let you know when we have everything up and running. "

thanks for asking :D

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2014, 06:01 PM

hay I have optimum!

This looks super up in the air so yeah we'll see.

we'll see.

Also I can't connect to the site at all.

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 06:07 PM
Verizon user here .

I can connect to PSO2.JP but when i press any link on the site it wont go anywhere lol. how about you guys can you at least access the pso2.jp site ?

MasterGunz2345
Jul 3, 2014, 06:14 PM
Verizon user here .

I can connect to PSO2.JP but when i press any link on the site it wont go anywhere lol. how about you guys can you at least access the pso2.jp site ?

Nah I still can't connect to it :(

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 06:17 PM
this is as far as I can go on the site lol

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/pso2_zpsebf2aa86.jpg (http://s344.photobucket.com/user/NOCCODEZ/media/pso2_zpsebf2aa86.jpg.html)

Helvetica Standard
Jul 3, 2014, 06:18 PM
Verizon user here .

This thread is for optimum (cablevisión) users XD

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 06:24 PM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m595/dontwanttogooutsidetonight/Doctor/tumblr_lruzmkQO2Q1qf3dff.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/dontwanttogooutsidetonight/media/Doctor/tumblr_lruzmkQO2Q1qf3dff.gif.html)

Understandable but sharing ideas and trying to problem solve this together instead of individually helps all of us because were all having the same error unable to reach servers.

Wise Man
Jul 3, 2014, 06:31 PM
Oh wow, now this is exciting! I have my fingers crossed this will work :D
I am curious though; if this does "work", does that mean for all optimum users or just for those who called in about it? ._.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 3, 2014, 06:43 PM
Hopefully its for all optimum users, cause I didn't call lol

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 06:43 PM

If it's a Backbone problem then yes it will be for all users.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2014, 06:46 PM

Only you can prevent forest fires brah.

/I'm just too lazy doe and I hate talking to supports because I have to act and sound all nice and professional but straight to the point to get things over with and that's not fun THAT'S NOT MY LIFE.

Wow am really glad I got my compensation stuff-

I mean yeah no clue if one person saves everyone under their whole ISP, unless we have the same "backbone"

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 06:48 PM
Only you can prevent forest fires brah.

/I'm just too lazy doe and I hate talking to supports because I have to act and sound all nice and professional but straight to the point to get things over with and that's not fun THAT'S NOT MY LIFE.

Wow am really glad I got my compensation stuff-

I mean yeah no clue if one person saves everyone under their whole ISP, unless we have the same "backbone"

LMAO I'm the same way Rock.. I hate acting like that with customer support

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 06:51 PM
Whoever saves their isp first gets their dicks sucked by pso2 fangirls 40 year old men

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2014, 07:05 PM
There's 40 year olds here?!

I thought everyone was a socially awkward 16-32 year old with emotion problems. @_@

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 07:09 PM
Socially awkward:Yes.
Emotion problems:No.
In my experience of playing online vidya gaemz containing females with boob windows, being half-naked, or having armor that is pretty much the equivalent of a nipple deflector, most of the peeps playing the game using revealing outfits are like, 30-40.
about 20% of them turn out to not be 40-30.
10-15%% turn out to be girls.
2% of them openly admit anything.
0000.0001% sent me a very unwanted picture.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2014, 07:15 PM
Socially awkward:Yes.
Emotion problems:No.
In my experience of playing online vidya gaemz containing females with boob windows, being half-naked, or having armor that is pretty much the equivalent of a nipple deflector, most of the peeps playing the game using revealing outfits are like, 30-40.
about 20% of them turn out to not be 40-30.
10-15%% turn out to be girls.
2% of them openly admit anything.
0000.0001% sent me a very unwanted picture.

In phantasy star, everythings a different kind of horrible from your experience. I've seen too much of it on the front lines. >>

But going into detail would be offensive... <_< >_>;;;;;;

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 07:50 PM
In phantasy star, everythings a different kind of horrible from your experience. I've seen too much of it on the front lines. >>

But going into detail would be offensive... <_< >_>;;;;;;

juicy detailz plox.
while uninstalling the english translation patches to make room for the over 9000 gigabyte tera online, I realized it took up like 6-8 gigs of space.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 3, 2014, 08:24 PM
i use cablevision as well and i still cant get on but i'm not holding my breath for some fuckin miracle at this point with the way things are going with this blocking shit right now xD i hope we can one day reconnect but ive already moved on but hey if we can play again ill log on every now and then just to run tacos with my team and my sister and thats about it xD

FGIrtzIII
Jul 3, 2014, 08:31 PM
i use cablevision as well and i still cant get on but i'm not holding my breath for some fuckin miracle at this point with the way things are going with this blocking shit right now xD i hope we can one day reconnect but ive already moved on but hey if we can play again ill log on every now and then just to run tacos with my team and my sister and thats about it xD
Thanks

MegaRocker1987
Jul 3, 2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks

yw dude

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 4, 2014, 08:13 AM
Anyways~

Hey Daiyousei, how's that tech support email with Optimum coming along?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 08:27 AM
Anyways~

Hey Daiyousei, how's that tech support email with Optimum coming along?

agreed im a bit curious to since i use optimum as well but at this point only time will tell if we can get back on since i live on one saying "Time heals all wounds"

Wise Man
Jul 4, 2014, 12:54 PM
Any new word yet on this or any other provider?
Though at this rate, and not to be a downer but I'm starting to think just waiting might be the best solution :/

Daiyousei
Jul 4, 2014, 01:00 PM
Nothing yet from support, they did call me that it's down for other IP addresses they tried in their range as well. But they'll be working on it I suppose.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 01:02 PM
Nothing yet from support, they did call me that it's down for other IP addresses they tried in their range as well. But they'll be working on it I suppose.

ty dai youre a lifesaver keep up the news when u can thanks again :)

Aussei
Jul 4, 2014, 01:13 PM
Lmfao. I have Optimum as well in NYC and no luck connecting. For now I'm just using a VPN because fuck this shit not gonna let the nihonjin get me down. If it's an IP Block too fucking bad for SEGA I'm still gonna play. And if I get banned. Whatever... I already wasted enough time on this game might as well waste the rest of what I've got. `___`

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 01:19 PM
Lmfao. I have Optimum as well in NYC and no luck connecting. For now I'm just using a VPN because fuck this shit not gonna let the nihonjin get me down. If it's an IP Block too fucking bad for SEGA I'm still gonna play. And if I get banned. Whatever... I already wasted enough time on this game might as well waste the rest of what I've got. `___`

kinda feel the same way :/ but im gonna w8 lol

MasterGunz2345
Jul 4, 2014, 01:23 PM
I would use a VPN too cause this boredom is killing me, but at the same time, I don't want to risk getting banned. It's like some other dude said here on the forums, if we're still not able to connect by the end of the month, then that's where I give up, cause I'm tired of waiting. All because one person (or group) had to fuck all of us over.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 01:24 PM
I would use a VPN too cause this boredom is killing me, but at the same time, I don't want to risk getting banned. It's like some other dude said here on the forums, if we're still not able to connect by the end of the month, then that's where I give up, cause I'm tired of waiting. All because one person (or group) had to fuck all of us over.

ditto

Aussei
Jul 4, 2014, 01:35 PM
I feel you on that. Really it's some BS and I'm sure the DDOSer is rolling on the floor laughing as they browse PSO-World, Reddit, and other websites reading our pathetic posts about how bad we're trying and hoping this problem is resolved. For them, it's a victory. Hell, they might even be among us right now!

Because, you know, punishing the masses for the behavior of a few always worked. Especially in elementary school! Oh the three kids in the back wont stfu? NO RECESS!

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 02:14 PM
I feel you on that. Really it's some BS and I'm sure the DDOSer is rolling on the floor laughing as they browse PSO-World, Reddit, and other websites reading our pathetic posts about how bad we're trying and hoping this problem is resolved. For them, it's a victory. Hell, they might even be among us right now!

Because, you know, punishing the masses for the behavior of a few always worked. Especially in elementary school! Oh the three kids in the back wont stfu? NO RECESS!

lol xD

MasterGunz2345
Jul 4, 2014, 02:21 PM

lmfao!

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 02:36 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/52121798.jpg

Wise Man
Jul 4, 2014, 07:31 PM
So I'm not sure if this is happening to anyone else but I can no longer connect to the pso2 website on my phone. Not sure what that means for optimum users but it can't be good ._.;

NoiseHERO
Jul 4, 2014, 07:33 PM
Most never could in general afaik. <_>

Wise Man
Jul 5, 2014, 04:25 PM
So, and yes beating the dead horse here, any new update on this?

Reikoku na kuma
Jul 5, 2014, 05:23 PM
I'm cablevision (optimum).... yeah...they are an incompetent bunch....not holding my breath on ANY ip fix by them. I do wanna play pso2 simply for mainly the HOURS and MONEY i spent on it over the last almost 2 years I have played it. However, if i can't get on it any more, FF 14 is kinda offering me WAY more to do on there as compared to PSO2 where I'm AFKing from my vita till another eq pops to lv and hunt.

wolveslaststand
Jul 5, 2014, 06:48 PM
I have optimum as well and I can neither connect to the game and the site. It sucks really...I really hope it gets fixed so we opt users can play ^~^.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 5, 2014, 06:53 PM
I have optimum as well and I can neither connect to the game and the site. It sucks really...I really hope it gets fixed so we opt users can play ^~^.

I hope so too, this summer has been boring so far, but then again, I'd rather be bored like I am now then put up with school, especially having annoying ass kids in my classes lol

Daiyousei
Jul 5, 2014, 08:55 PM
Didn't get anymore messages from them, but if anything I'd want to stay with Optimum, I can have so many devices connected and I don't have any lag at all. With Time Warner Cable, even if it's just my computer, during peak times it slows down insanely, I have hit over 9000 ping and I'm not kidding.

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2014, 11:09 PM
So basically RIP Cablevision-kuns.

Maybe I'll try a VPN sometime before bouncer comes out, then hate bouncer and nothing else for a whole year should be worth logging back in for.

wolveslaststand
Jul 6, 2014, 07:49 PM
Has anyone tried contacting optimum yet about this issue?

Daiyousei
Jul 6, 2014, 08:09 PM
Has anyone tried contacting optimum yet about this issue?

I have, they said they'd be working on it, but I'm not sure if they have the ability to clear this up, since they said it's down for other people in their IP range.

wolveslaststand
Jul 6, 2014, 08:19 PM
I have, they said they'd be working on it, but I'm not sure if they have the ability to clear this up, since they said it's down for other people in their IP range.

Oh v.v". That sucks. I hope it gets fixed since I won't be able to play PSO 2 when school starts around in September ;u;. So I hope it DEFINITELY gets fixed by then. If not, well...I guess i'll be moping around for a while on Dragon Nest.

wolveslaststand
Jul 7, 2014, 10:06 AM
Hey, guys. somethin great happened! For a quick second, i got into pso2.jp! But then after that lucky attempt, it timed out :c. Has anyone able to get into the site once with luck? If so, we might be able to log into the servers again!

Wise Man
Jul 7, 2014, 02:45 PM
Anything new on this? I'm seeing more and more people able to connect without a vpn. Now it could all be coincidence but I have a really bad feeling optimum is going to fall behind...

MasterGunz2345
Jul 7, 2014, 03:27 PM
Hey, guys. somethin great happened! For a quick second, i got into pso2.jp! But then after that lucky attempt, it timed out :c. Has anyone able to get into the site once with luck? If so, we might be able to log into the servers again!

I tried, but still no luck

wolveslaststand
Jul 7, 2014, 03:38 PM
I tried, but still no luck

Oh v.v But you know whats kind of strange? I can connect to sega.jp fine, and my tracert indicates that It can get in just fine after the 5th ping.
But with pso2.jp, i can't get through the 5th ping with time outs .~. it's quite odd, really.

EDIT: My tracert results to pso2.jp

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 22 ms 8 ms 8 ms 67.59.254.101
4 13 ms 10 ms 24 ms 67.59.255.129
5 13 ms 41 ms 12 ms 451be065.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.107.101]
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.

My tracert results to sega.jp

3 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms 67.59.254.101
4 28 ms 12 ms 10 ms 67.59.255.129
5 13 ms 58 ms 11 ms 451be075.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.107.117]
6 12 ms 40 ms 29 ms 451be0e6.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.120.230]
7 38 ms 22 ms 21 ms 64.15.1.9
8 25 ms 26 ms 34 ms tenge10-3.br03.ash01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.92.117]

9 189 ms 190 ms 190 ms 63-218-251-54.static.pccwglobal.net [63.218.251.
54]
10 195 ms 197 ms 217 ms 27.0.0.80
11 195 ms 199 ms 193 ms 27.0.0.70
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.

How come its only pso2.jp that doesn't work, but sega.jp works fine?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 7, 2014, 04:02 PM

I 'Believe' it's because PSO2.jp was the site that got DDoS'd, and not Sega.jp. Tell me, have you tried connecting to Sega.jp before and been unable to connect?

[Not trolling or trying to be a smartass, I'm legitimately curious and didn't notice him say either way when I skimmed.]

wolveslaststand
Jul 7, 2014, 04:08 PM
I 'Believe' it's because PSO2.jp was the site that got DDoS'd, and not Sega.jp. Tell me, have you tried connecting to Sega.jp before and been unable to connect?

Oh ^n^".. I thought it was SEGA that got DDoS'd too..

Wise Man
Jul 7, 2014, 04:20 PM
To throw my hat in, I've been able to connect to Sega.jp no problem but not to PSO2.jp. Actually when the servers first came back online, for a few days I was able to connect to [email protected] on my phone but it did come in a little... "scrambled", if that makes any sense.

reaper527
Jul 7, 2014, 04:46 PM

because they are different servers with different ip's, and only one of them is currently being blocked. likely, pso2 was probably singled out by the attackers and as such that was probably the only ip that got hit by the attacks (and as such the only ip that is experiencing the fallout of the countermeasures).

regardless, it appears that charter has made some progress based on one of the posts made, so everyone should keep contacting their isp to keep this on their radar.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 7, 2014, 05:09 PM
I just came home from work, and I ran a tracert towards pso2.jp. With that information, I'm going to give Optimum a call now.

Hopefully, things will go smoothly...

MasterGunz2345
Jul 7, 2014, 05:19 PM
I just came home from work, and I ran a tracert towards pso2.jp. With that information, I'm going to give Optimum a call now.

Hopefully, things will go smoothly...

let us know what they say when you give them a call, thanks ^_^

MasterGunz2345
Jul 7, 2014, 05:48 PM
There are two things that are making it worse for me since I cant play pso2: listening to the soundtrack (I think its so good) and I have an app on my phone that lets me know when Emergency Quests get announced on Ship 2 ;_;

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 7, 2014, 06:10 PM
Alright, I was looking for the technical support number on their website -- and I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I opted for a live chat and I had a nice chat with a Optimum representative by the name of "David". Essentially, David was totally oblivious to the whole dilemma that happened to SEGA JP and PSO2. Therefore, he decided to escalate the issue towards the Engineers, and hoped for this issue to be resolved relatively quickly.

If anything, I'm going to give them a call customer service tomorrow and portray myself as my sibling or something, so I can raise the awareness towards Optimum.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 7, 2014, 07:21 PM
Alright, I was looking for the technical support number on their website -- and I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I opted for a live chat and I had a nice chat with a Optimum representative by the name of "David". Essentially, David was totally oblivious to the whole dilemma that happened to SEGA JP and PSO2. Therefore, he decided to escalate the issue towards the Engineers, and hoped for this issue to be resolved relatively quickly.

If anything, I'm going to give them a call customer service tomorrow and portray myself as my sibling or something, so I can raise the awareness towards Optimum.

thank you so much :)

Daiyousei
Jul 7, 2014, 09:50 PM

I got the same response from them as well escalating to the Engineers. That's 2 people now who contacted them about the same thing, let's have all the Optimum customers do the same.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 7, 2014, 10:02 PM
Hopefully, when I call them tomorrow, the customer service representative will transfer me over to technical support. Once I reach technical support, I'm hoping that the low-tier representative will transfer me to a high-tier representative.

If I talk to converse with the one of the Optimum technician bigwigs, he/she will most likely provide us the information that we want to hear.

Until then, we just got to hope for the best and not for the worst~

Wise Man
Jul 8, 2014, 02:47 PM
So doctor, give it to me straight! How long do I have until I can connect? o_o

"Humor" aside, any news from our friendly neighborhood optimum? On a side note, are we sure that talking to them will help the situation or is this like another shot in the dark? (Not trying to be the skeptic, I just look at all the angles ^^;)

Jazneo
Jul 8, 2014, 03:08 PM
im useing WTFast to connect to pso2

Daiyousei
Jul 8, 2014, 04:04 PM
Hopefully, when I call them tomorrow, the customer service representative will transfer me over to technical support. Once I reach technical support, I'm hoping that the low-tier representative will transfer me to a high-tier representative.

If I talk to converse with the one of the Optimum technician bigwigs, he/she will most likely provide us the information that we want to hear.

Until then, we just got to hope for the best and not for the worst~

Tried calling them today, was on hold for an hour, kinda quit for now. I had the speaker on and it was draining the hell out of my battery.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 8, 2014, 07:26 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that, Daiyousei.

I was suppose to give them a call today, but I got home late from work. I guess they will be hearing from me tomorrow afternoon.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 8, 2014, 08:41 PM
supposedly comcast can reconnect as well as twc and verizon hopefully optimum is next considering optimum and comcast operate most of nj

ArcaneTechs
Jul 8, 2014, 08:46 PM
supposedly comcast can reconnect as well as twc and verizon hopefully optimum is next considering optimum and comcast operate most of nj

i have comcast and i cant connect as well as others, dont know where you got this

MegaRocker1987
Jul 8, 2014, 08:47 PM
i have comcast and i cant connect as well as others, dont know where you got this

aida posted it on reddit xD

http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2a70va/i_can_now_connect_to_pso2jp_with_my_home_comcast/

Helvetica Standard
Jul 9, 2014, 02:09 AM
Hello, Optimum user reporting :3
It's 2:04 am after 7/9 maintenance and.......
I can login!!!!! YES. YESSS. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Ahem.

Launcher works normally
Tweaker still says servers offline but login works
Website loads normally
got into game just fine.

screencap:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/8FMXhjt.jpg[/spoiler-box]

As you can see in the notification area, no VPN or tunneling program running in the background.
How is it for you? my fellow Optimum users? =3

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2014, 02:12 AM
Can't log into site still, too lazy to try the game. <_>;;

Daiyousei
Jul 9, 2014, 02:21 AM
Can't login to site nor the game either.

Helvetica Standard
Jul 9, 2014, 02:24 AM
I'm in Mexico btw. Heard many Telmex (mexican ISP) users were able to connect a few moments ago and when I tried I could login. This might explain why I could also login just now.

Daiyousei
Jul 9, 2014, 02:32 AM
The shouldn't that be in a Telmex thread rather than here? since you're not under Optimum right now

MegaRocker1987
Jul 9, 2014, 02:34 AM
I'm in Mexico btw. Heard many Telmex (mexican ISP) users were able to connect a few moments ago and when I tried I could login. This might explain why I could also login just now.

no luck for me optimum nj user hope by later today ill have some luck xD

Helvetica Standard
Jul 9, 2014, 02:43 AM
The shouldn't that be in a Telmex thread rather than here? since you're not under Optimum right now

No dude. you read wrong or didn't read my previous post at all.

-I'm with Optimum.
-I live in Mexico
-Other Mexican ISP users (Mainly Telmex) could connect a moment ago
-I figured that since I'm in Mexico the backbone is the same
-Tried to connect and could login.

Daiyousei
Jul 9, 2014, 02:44 AM
Ah that could mean they're on a different backbone then. The one here hasn't been lifted yet I suppose.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 9, 2014, 02:48 AM

dont post misleading posts like that then if youre not really an optimum nj user u had my hopes up and shattered them again thanks a lot :/

Helvetica Standard
Jul 9, 2014, 02:53 AM
dont post misleading posts like that then if youre not really an optimum user u had my hopes up and shattered them again thanks a lot :/

People here don't read posts.. -.- hmmmmmmm..
Here we go again:

I'm with Optimum and I can login after this maintenance.

Perfect, anyone can read that even if they don't want to :)

Chik'Tikka
Jul 9, 2014, 02:57 AM
Here we go again:

plz post a link to your ISP's main web page, i just did a fairly thorough Google search for ISPs available in Mexico and Optimum Online wasn't one of them (from what i understand, Optimum Online is availible only for New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut). Of course i was searching in English so my results may have been compromised as such+^_^+

Sizustar
Jul 9, 2014, 02:58 AM
Here we go again:

Can you run a tracert, so we can see the route your connection is taking?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 9, 2014, 02:58 AM
Here we go again:

i can read for one and to you should have been more specific in your original post and stated you got a different backbone and two u could have also stated you are not in the usa at all (but i dint notice your location on your profile so thats my fault xD) :/ good night

Helvetica Standard
Jul 9, 2014, 03:12 AM
My ISP specific name is: Optimum Online -(Cablevisión mx S.A. de C.V.)

I would run a tracert but it's broken :( (No matter what site I ping. Could be google.com, mcdonalds.com, ericsson.com it always times out, all 30 hops.)

EDIT: I looked up why my tracert always times out no matter what site I ping and I found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16499694/how-is-it-possible-for-traceroute-to-timeout-yet-the-site-will-load-fine-in-a-b

Chik'Tikka
Jul 9, 2014, 03:30 AM

I would run a tracert but it's broken :( (No matter what site I ping. Could be google.com, mcdonalds.com, ericsson.com it always times out, all 30 hops.)

from what i understand, Cablevisión service in Mexico is called "Yoo", and is not related to Cablevision US. Cablevision US only serves Colorado, Connecticut, Montana, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Wyoming and Utah+^_^+

Cablevision US owns itself while Cablevisión Mexico is owned by Grupo Televisa. I can not find any history between the 2 companies whatsoever+^_^+

Helvetica Standard
Jul 9, 2014, 03:38 AM
from what i understand, Cablevisión service in Mexico is called "Yoo", and is not related to Cablevision US. Cablevision US only serves Colorado, Connecticut, Montana, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Wyoming and Utah+^_^+

Cablevision US owns itself while Cablevisión Mexico is owned by Grupo Televisa. I can not find any history between the 2 companies whatsoever+^_^+

Ok, I'm only going to do this once. Kinda realised what kind of people dwell in this forums XD

I already did the "call your ISP thing and that's what they told me." Also "Yoo" is a premium package for cable TV and telephone service. I see the commercial on the TV all the time.
Next time I'll research your country's stuff on the internet like a boss and tell you that I know better even when I don't live there/pay the bill to the ISP you hired yourself.
cheers.

Sizustar
Jul 9, 2014, 03:41 AM

EDIT: I looked up why my tracert always times out no matter what site I ping and I found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16499694/how-is-it-possible-for-traceroute-to-timeout-yet-the-site-will-load-fine-in-a-b

Well, that's odd, but no matter~
All that matters is that you can play~
Have fun rejoining~ and go help the Ship battle~~

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2014, 03:46 AM
Ok, I'm only going to do this once. Kinda realised what kind of people dwell in this forums XD

I already did the "call your ISP thing and that's what they told me." Also "Yoo" is a premium package for cable TV and telephone service. I see the commercial on the TV all the time.
Next time I'll research your country's stuff on the internet like a boss and tell you that I know better even when I don't live there/pay the bill to the ISP you hired yourself.
cheers.

No, you're still wrong.

But nah,

sounds like it's areas getting in isntead of ISP's this time.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 9, 2014, 06:55 AM
Still cant connect to the website, and chances are I won't be able to connect to the game either. Damn when I saw your post about you being able to connect, I was hoping I would be able to too lol too bad I live in NJ tho

EDIT: just try loading the official launcher, still error 107. Tried Tweaker, still can't connect to servers. Now that the maintenance has fixed error 107 according to SEGA, idk what else to do honestly lol... *sigh*

Wise Man
Jul 9, 2014, 07:02 AM
Same here; can't connect to the site or game but what's strange is I can connect to the website from my phone. At this point though, I can't make heads or tails if that's good or bad.

On a side note, should we still try calling optimum to see if there's anything they can do on their end?

wolveslaststand
Jul 9, 2014, 12:10 PM
Well, i'm in NY and I can't log in through the website, tweaker, or vanilla launcher by getting 249/107 errors v.v. I guess we just have to continue contacting optimum/cablevision so they can do something about it. And I heard someone on psubumped said for optimum users can use pingzapper to get in, so ima try that. If nothing works, I guess its all over guys ;~;.

Gwyndolin
Jul 9, 2014, 12:17 PM
I just had a live chat with a tech at Optimum and he said that the problem is on Sega's end and that Optimum has no record of having blacklisted pso2.jp... Seems like we keep chasing our tails on this!

wolveslaststand
Jul 9, 2014, 12:51 PM
I just had a live chat with a tech at Optimum and he said that the problem is on Sega's end and that Optimum has no record of having blacklisted pso2.jp... Seems like we keep chasing our tails on this!

Thats even worse news v.v I guess I have to get access to SSH tunneling then. (If I can.)

MasterGunz2345
Jul 9, 2014, 03:31 PM

Thats whats not making sense to me, ppl say its on SEGA ends then some say its on out ISP end. I at first thought it was on SEGAs end, then someone showed me a picture explaining how its on our ISPs end. Personally, I still think its on SEGAs end.

Wise Man
Jul 9, 2014, 04:07 PM
So after getting home from work, I can still connect to the website from my phone both on and off my home connection. However, it's still a no go on the website/vanilla launcher/tweaker so... yea :-?

I will say this; I'm going to try and stay optimistic! We do have until the end of the month and who knows, we may all be able to play soon enough. I mean with the "strategy" Sega's techs seem to have, it is entirely possible lol.

For now though I feel this song would be perfect, not just for this thread but for a lot of players still not able to connect (Little comic relief here and there always helps lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVlGESh9Mc

*Edit*
Just incase the video doesn't play lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVlGESh9Mc

Daiyousei
Jul 9, 2014, 06:25 PM
Saw this on bumped shoutbox

http://puu.sh/a4kHd/daca7d1dac.png

>More than one complaint

Eventually they'll know something is wrong.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 9, 2014, 06:27 PM
Saw this on bumped shoutbox

http://puu.sh/a4kHd/daca7d1dac.png

>More than one complaint

Eventually they'll know something is wrong.

glad more ppl r calling about this problem so Optimum can fix it. Damn I wanna play PSO2 so badly right now lol

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 9, 2014, 06:47 PM
Same here, MasterGunz2345! I really want to play PSO2 again too!

I even bought a (Boarderlands 2) Playstation Vita bundle with the PSO2 Deluxe edition the week before the whole DDoS attack. I received both the system and the game on the day of the DDoS attack and I haven't played it since then~

This all could have been avoided if my silly twin brother wasn't hogging the computer by indulging himself with hours upon hours worth of anime. I barely got to play the damn thing...

Wise Man
Jul 9, 2014, 09:40 PM
So from this guy's post, I feel we're finally on the right path! But I was thinking, should we all still try calling in as well? Put even more of a spot light on this?

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2014, 02:30 AM
So from this guy's post, I feel we're finally on the right path! But I was thinking, should we all still try calling in as well? Put even more of a spot light on this?

Well, if you want more public information
You can try various gaming site to cover it, and contact Sega

Wise Man
Jul 10, 2014, 07:19 AM
Oh wow, not that much of a spotlight o_o I really want to be able to play again but not enough to cause that much of a stir lol.
I'm talking more along the line of contacting optimum over and over again. Not so much pestering but enough to get the point across.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 10, 2014, 07:21 AM
Alrighty guys, apparently Optimum's backbone service comes from Lightpath. The reason why I know that is because I received that information from an Optimum customer service representative this morning.

With that being said, you guys should give them a call so we can raise the awareness even more about this whole dilemma. When I called Optimum customer service yesterday, the women knew about the whole DDoS attack towards PSO2 simply because the amount of buzz that us, Optimum customers, generated by calling/livechat.

If we take this matter even further, then I'm sure we'll have this issue resolved sooner than later. Don't give up guys!

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2014, 10:09 AM
Alrighty guys, apparently Optimum's backbone service comes from Lightpath. The reason why I know that is because I received that information from an Optimum customer service representative this morning.

With that being said, you guys should give them a call so we can raise the awareness even more about this whole dilemma. When I called Optimum customer service yesterday, the women knew about the whole DDoS attack towards PSO2 simply because the amount of buzz that us, Optimum customers, generated by calling/livechat.

If we take this matter even further, then I'm sure we'll have this issue resolved sooner than later. Don't give up guys!

Yep my tracerts stop at lightpath.

Wise Man
Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM
So the I'm going to try calling optimum when I get home but first for when I do call, who should I ask for and what should I mention in particular?

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2014, 11:40 AM
you should probably mention lightpath and see if they can do anything about it.

Wise Man
Jul 10, 2014, 03:51 PM
Now who exactly should I call? Just regular customer support?

Wise Man
Jul 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
Ok everyone, good news bad new time ^^;
I just had a really nice chat with an optimum online tech, btw I have optimum online and I'm from New Jersey. Now then, he looked at the site, saw we couldn't connect and then ran several tracers. He confirmed once again that optimum users are not able to connect but then again we all knew that ^^;

Now then as a double edged sword; he said that the tracer had completely left the optimum online servers, including lightpath, but was then lost to the empty void of the internet. (I added that last part myself)

To sum it up; they now know there is a problem however it's out of their hands (according to him) He did however ask if we had been in touch with Sega's tech guys to ask what was going on. I explained how those who did message them only got back vague messages of "We're working on it". Since we really can't get in touch, or convey what's going on to Sega's tech team and since the apparent problem is outside optimum's reach of control, we pretty much have to wait and see if we can connect again.

Really wish I had better news but at the same time it isn't horrible news ^^;
Hopefully someone else will have better luck then me but I will still try calling again, maybe in a day or so if nothing else changes^^

Helvetica Standard
Jul 10, 2014, 06:39 PM
Optimum user here.
I'm posting again to tell you guys that at 12:04 EST am right after the 7/9th maintenance I was able to enter site and login to game. Both launcher and tweaker worked with servers listed as green. No problems whatsoever.

Problem is I tried to login today at 4:00pm EST just to find everything broken as usual. Site is once again inaccessible and the 107 and 249 errors came back with a vengeance.
I'm really, really puzzled about this. How come I was able to login right after maintenance and now I'm blocked yet again? Sorry guys.. but I honestly doubt SEGA is innocent about this.
It's just too much of a coincidence.

I'm also baffled by how not a single player or friend of us (all the PSO2 international community) Is able to decipher just what the hell is going on?! XD Seriously this now borders on the inexplicable or supernatural XDDDDDD.

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2014, 06:46 PM
lost in the empty void of the internet? sounds like all our requests turned into wandering lost souls, supernatural indeed.

Wise Man
Jul 10, 2014, 06:53 PM
Actually Helvetica, and this meant as no disrespect but while you do have optimum online, it's not the same as the rest of us here. Basically, it runs differently then the rest of ours. Sorry to say :/

And pretty much, Daiyousei lol. He basically said that after it left the Lightpath network, the pings bounced around to several unnamed servers before finally timing out at the 30th ping. Do you think anyone else is having better luck at this then me? lol

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2014, 08:14 PM
I just did a tracert to pso2.jp, it's not even reaching lightpath now.

I did it after I couldn't load Kancolle for some reason, and the whole dmm site can't be loaded either.

Maybe this could mean they're looking for a different backbone, but hopes are low.

Wise Man
Jul 10, 2014, 08:49 PM
In all honesty, calling optimum and all the ISP groups really is the best idea out there! Make it such a big deal that they have to do something lol

Daiyousei
Jul 11, 2014, 10:11 AM
Just tracerted pso2.jp and it's still the same with not touching lightpath anymore, but I tracerted arks-layer.com and it's now going through more hops than last I checked, the page also takes like a millisecond longer to load up when not cached.

Wise Man
Jul 11, 2014, 10:29 AM
So is this a good or bad thing? o_o
Not to be rude, I'm just horrible at this whole tech thing ^^;

Daiyousei
Jul 11, 2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not good at this level of tech either but I'm just thinking they might be doing some reconfiguring.

Wise Man
Jul 11, 2014, 11:40 AM
Hmm... has anyone else had any luck with optimum? And at this point that goes for all forms of optimum lol

wolveslaststand
Jul 11, 2014, 12:19 PM
When I tracert pso2.jp, it still touches lightpath v.v then times out after wards.

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
3 29 ms 11 ms 11 ms 67.59.254.101
4 45 ms 27 ms 13 ms 67.59.255.129
5 13 ms 14 ms 27 ms 451be0c5.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.99.197]

Wise Man
Jul 11, 2014, 03:15 PM
I guess we just keep bugging them/waiting until this is fixed ^^; Fingers crossed until then!

Wise Man
Jul 12, 2014, 12:25 PM
So fellow optimum online users... has anyone had any luck or new information to bring to the table?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 12:27 PM
So fellow optimum online users... has anyone had any luck or new information to bring to the table?

same shit different day

Wise Man
Jul 12, 2014, 12:36 PM
Best answer I've heard in a while XD

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 12, 2014, 12:51 PM
Today, I called Lightpath support and it was basically a waste of time...

I spoke to a (rather rude) representative who simply didn't care about the backbone issue towards PSO2. Apparently, Lightpath doesn't handle residential issues -- only business/corporate issues. What made matters worse is that he stated: "Lightpath would not go out of their way to solve a networking issue for a game; we have more important tasks to take care of..."

After he finished that sentence, I literally hanged up on him with disgust... If anything guys, don't waste your time with those fools.

Shortly after, I decided to call Optimum (again), but their business branch instead. After jumping hoops to get to a representative, I finally got in touch with a technical support! This is exactly what I was looking for from the get-go! To make a long story short, I gave the guy the synopsis of what happened to PSO2 and the current state of the game (for us Optimum customers). He was eager to help me when I showed evidence of the tracert results (that I emailed to him), this very own Optimum thread on PSO-World, and the "What Really is Happening" (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220659thread) on PSO-World.

He immediately filed a report towards the Engineers, and one of the Engineer is scheduled to call me tomorrow at 1:30pm EST. Hopefully, they will be able to (somewhat) resolve this issue by establishing a new route to SEGA JP's server.

Wise Man
Jul 12, 2014, 01:14 PM
Holy crap! Now this is awesome news! :D
Sorry you pretty much had to suffer with the one tech but excellent luck with the next guy! Lol

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 12, 2014, 01:24 PM
Ah well, I cut that Lightpath representative out of my life, but I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for tomorrow.

I really hope something good comes out of this~

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 04:32 PM
Today, I called Lightpath support and it was basically a waste of time...

I spoke to a (rather rude) representative who simply didn't care about the backbone issue towards PSO2. Apparently, Lightpath doesn't handle residential issues -- only business/corporate issues. What made matters worse is that he stated: "Lightpath would not go out of their way to solve a networking issue for a game; we have more important tasks to take care of..."

After he finished that sentence, I literally hanged up on him with disgust... If anything guys, don't waste your time with those fools.

Shortly after, I decided to call Optimum (again), but their business branch instead. After jumping hoops to get to a representative, I finally got in touch with a technical support! This is exactly what I was looking for from the get-go! To make a long story short, I gave the guy the synopsis of what happened to PSO2 and the current state of the game (for us Optimum customers). He was eager to help me when I showed evidence of the tracert results (that I emailed to him), this very own Optimum thread on PSO-World, and the "What Really is Happening" (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220659thread) on PSO-World.

He immediately filed a report towards the Engineers, and one of the Engineer is scheduled to call me tomorrow at 1:30pm EST. Hopefully, they will be able to (somewhat) resolve this issue by establishing a new route to SEGA JP's server.

good luck and heres to hoping everything works out and all of us optimum customers can reconnect one day w/o a vpn cheers! :)

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 12, 2014, 04:38 PM
Indeed! I hope this fantasy will one day become a reality for us~

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 04:44 PM
Indeed! I hope this fantasy will one day become a reality for us~

ditto

Wise Man
Jul 13, 2014, 02:12 PM
So I'm going to say it now, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this news lol. Though in the back of my mind I have a pretty good idea what they're going to say ^^;

MasterGunz2345
Jul 13, 2014, 03:36 PM
So far my summer has been boring as shit without PSO2 lol man just when I got back into the game too, this happens -_-

Wise Man
Jul 13, 2014, 04:49 PM
I feel you on that :/
Thankfully I've been entertaining myself with tera, wildstar, swtor (because my friends wont stop bugging me to play it) and of course my writing. All to keep the mind occupied while Sega fixes their stuff

Distant Thunder
Jul 13, 2014, 05:01 PM
Oh v.v But you know whats kind of strange? I can connect to sega.jp fine, and my tracert indicates that It can get in just fine after the 5th ping.
But with pso2.jp, i can't get through the 5th ping with time outs .~. it's quite odd, really.

EDIT: My tracert results to pso2.jp

3 22 ms 8 ms 8 ms 67.59.254.101
4 13 ms 10 ms 24 ms 67.59.255.129
5 13 ms 41 ms 12 ms 451be065.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.107.101]

My tracert results to sega.jp

3 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms 67.59.254.101
4 28 ms 12 ms 10 ms 67.59.255.129
5 13 ms 58 ms 11 ms 451be075.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.107.117]
6 12 ms 40 ms 29 ms 451be0e6.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.120.230]
7 38 ms 22 ms 21 ms 64.15.1.9
8 25 ms 26 ms 34 ms tenge10-3.br03.ash01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.92.117]

9 189 ms 190 ms 190 ms 63-218-251-54.static.pccwglobal.net [63.218.251.
54]
10 195 ms 197 ms 217 ms 27.0.0.80
11 195 ms 199 ms 193 ms 27.0.0.70
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.

That's fundamentaly because sega.jp is hosted on an Amazon sever in Amazon network. Nothing to do pso2.jp that is actually hosted on a japanese server using Yahoo Japan as ISP.

Wise Man
Jul 14, 2014, 12:58 PM
Just trying to keep this thread alive! Though at this point, we probably will have to wait till tomorrow night's maintenance for anything new ^^;

wolveslaststand
Jul 14, 2014, 02:37 PM
Just trying to keep this thread alive! Though at this point, we probably will have to wait till tomorrow night's maintenance for anything new ^^;

Well for one thing, I can access pso2.jp by using google translate, and I couldn't before since it always crashed my browser. Good thing I guess..?

Wise Man
Jul 14, 2014, 02:43 PM
Holy crap, now I can too! This is the first time in almost a month I was able to connect through my computer using any method. They must have flipped some switch or something! XD
But I should add that I was only able to connect through using Google chrome. That could have something to do with it.

*Edit*
So two more results; I was able to connect to the main website using Google translate on Firefox as well. However, whenever I try to connect using internet explore, using regular means and Google translate, nothing happens at all. I'll also add that when the website does load, it comes in very basic/broken. So it's there and we can access it through Google but it's not fully there yet. Still a big leap forward in my opinion :D

MasterGunz2345
Jul 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
Well for one thing, I can access pso2.jp by using google translate, and I couldn't before since it always crashed my browser. Good thing I guess..?

With google translate, I can kind of connect to the website, but it doesn't load the whole thing.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 14, 2014, 03:50 PM
Holy crap, now I can too! This is the first time in almost a month I was able to connect through my computer using any method. They must have flipped some switch or something! XD
But I should add that I was only able to connect through using Google chrome. That could have something to do with it.

*Edit*
So two more results; I was able to connect to the main website using Google translate on Firefox as well. However, whenever I try to connect using internet explore, using regular means and Google translate, nothing happens at all. I'll also add that when the website does load, it comes in very basic/broken. So it's there and we can access it through Google but it's not fully there yet. Still a big leap forward in my opinion :D

yeah it does look kind of basic/broken, I thought I was the only one when I tried this method

Wise Man
Jul 14, 2014, 04:58 PM
Now what I'm curious about is this; how long has this way been available for? I mean if it just showed up today then that's a huge step forward but if it's been around for a while, well then yea ^^;

wolveslaststand
Jul 14, 2014, 06:09 PM

Have you gotten a response from the Engineer yet?

Wise Man
Jul 15, 2014, 03:39 PM
^Haven't heard anything else on this either but I am still interested to hear.
Other then that, I still have yet to hear anything more on this. Though I still can connect to the main site using Goggle translate.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 15, 2014, 09:24 PM
I apologize for the tardy reply. I meant to comment sooner but I was really exhausted yesterday that I feel asleep extremely early (and that's rather rare for me).

Anyways, as of right now, I'm still waiting for the Optimum Engineers to call me back. They were suppose to call me on Sunday but that never happened. Likewise, they were suppose to call me on the following day and that also never happened either.

I called them customer service today and for some odd reason, the representative told me that they were still examining the older tracert. They told me the older tracert was useless to them because my computer tracert results were based on my router (since my computer uses a wireless card). Therefore, I went through the hassle of bringing my computer downstairs and hooking it up to the Optimum modem in my older brother's room -- just for them to ignore it?! I don't get it?!

At this point, I honestly don't know when they are getting back to me, but I hope it happens soon.

wolveslaststand
Jul 16, 2014, 01:08 PM
I apologize for the tardy reply. I meant to comment sooner but I was really exhausted yesterday that I feel asleep extremely early (and that's rather rare for me).

Anyways, as of right now, I'm still waiting for the Optimum Engineers to call me back. They were suppose to call me on Sunday but that never happened. Likewise, they were suppose to call me on the following day and that also never happened either.

I called them customer service today and for some odd reason, the representative told me that they were still examining the older tracert. They told me the older tracert was useless to them because my computer tracert results were based on my router (since my computer uses a wireless card). Therefore, I went through the hassle of bringing my computer downstairs and hooking it up to the Optimum modem in my older brother's room -- just for them to ignore it?! I don't get it?!

At this point, I honestly don't know when they are getting back to me, but I hope it happens soon.

Honestly, it just feels like an excuse from optimum. I don't think optimum even wants to help at all if they are not even calling when they say they were, or using excuses with your older tracert. For now, I lost hope. And I highly doubt optimum will even truly help us.
But still, I wish everyday that a miracle for us opt users would happen. And for every other ISP. But for now, Lets keep on trying! We still have tons and tons of months to go, and maybe the patience we have held up would have payed off. But like I said, I highly doubt anything will happen.

Daiyousei
Jul 16, 2014, 02:03 PM
it's quite ironic the best internet service I ever had ended up like this, comcast sucked, TWC sucked at least because I'm in an urban area.

currently I have so many devices shoved down one router and I still get pretty insane speeds, but with TWC and comcast, especially during peak hours, my speed bombs.

I downloaded both prepatches with Amazon's AWS in literally 3 minutes.

Wise Man
Jul 16, 2014, 02:52 PM
I hate to say it but I had a pretty good feeling we wouldn't be able to log on today. Not trying to be pessimistic but it does seem to be the trend we're following lol.

As for Raid and what he's going through; that really does suck, both in a situation way and from a business stand point. I feel like optimum, or maybe sega/backbone providers should either admit something is wrong or just fix it already. I suppose that is asking a lot given how these companies rarely speak unless under the most dire of circumstances lol.

I guess at this point we just keep holding out and hoping, at least that's what I plan on doing. I also want to try calling optimum again, even if to just light a fire under their collective rears lol.

On a side note; since I'm certain optimum can't fix everything on their end, who else could we call/message about this problem? I wont lie when I say the thought of emailing sega of japan crossed my mind. I mean something is bound to work, in one way shape or form ^^;

MasterGunz2345
Jul 16, 2014, 03:48 PM
We still have tons and tons of months to go, and maybe the patience we have held up would have payed off.

I think a few months from now, we all would of given up hope on getting back to the servers. I'm giving it till the end of the month and if still nothing works, then thats when I give up, and just move on.

Wise Man
Jul 17, 2014, 09:51 PM
Actually if we think about it, we have about 3-4 more chances of getting back on this month. Each one of the maintenance days grants us a new opportunity and we also have the 2 days that represent the 30 day mark since this began.

The first day, this Saturday, will be 30 days since the attack had started. The following weekend, the 26th, will be 30 days since the attack "ended".

I figure those are our best days to hope for. After that, i'll probably end up calling optimum once a week, like now, to ask how things are going XD

wolveslaststand
Jul 18, 2014, 09:13 AM
Actually if we think about it, we have about 3-4 more chances of getting back on this month. Each one of the maintenance days grants us a new opportunity and we also have the 2 days that represent the 30 day mark since this began.

The first day, this Saturday, will be 30 days since the attack had started. The following weekend, the 26th, will be 30 days since the attack "ended".

I figure those are our best days to hope for. After that, i'll probably end up calling optimum once a week, like now, to ask how things are going XD

I don't think the number of days will solve anything, it mostly depends on weather SEGA is going to give our backbones a new IP to route to or if optimum decides to do anything about the issue.

Sizustar
Jul 18, 2014, 09:20 AM
I don't think the number of days will solve anything, it mostly depends on weather SEGA is going to give our backbones a new IP to route to or if optimum decides to do anything about the issue.

It's not really up to Sega, but the service they use

Wise Man
Jul 18, 2014, 09:30 AM
Then I really suppose it really is now a waiting game. I will add this though, i'll hold on to the number of days part. Helps me at the very least while I wait ^^;

Also the backbone providers and such, is there anyway to contact them on this matter? Though at this point, I'm starting to feel that this whole thing really is on Sega and their choices.

wolveslaststand
Jul 18, 2014, 11:28 AM
It's not really up to Sega, but the service they use

Oh I see, Yahoo.jp? Well then, Yahoo.jp needs to get their fudge together ;n;.

Then I really suppose it really is now a waiting game. I will add this though, i'll hold on to the number of days part. Helps me at the very least while I wait ^^;

Also the backbone providers and such, is there anyway to contact them on this matter? Though at this point, I'm starting to feel that this whole thing really is on Sega and their choices.

Well, through most of peoples tracerts, "lightpath.net" is where optimum's backbone is. try contacting them and see what response you get. And keep contacting optimum daily, so they can actually do something about it.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 20, 2014, 02:41 PM
any news from Optimum?

Wise Man
Jul 20, 2014, 03:37 PM
I've actually been on vacation for the past few days so I haven't been able to call them ^^;
Has anyone else had any luck?

I have been wondering this though; if at the end of the month nothing has changed, the only way we'll be able to log on is through a vpn? And would Lightpath even be able to do anything? From what I've been hearing, it seems everything is up to Sega of Japan and also Yahoo.jp

wolveslaststand
Jul 20, 2014, 05:25 PM
any news from Optimum?

I've actually been on vacation for the past few days so I haven't been able to call them ^^;
Has anyone else had any luck?

I have been wondering this though; if at the end of the month nothing has changed, the only way we'll be able to log on is through a vpn? And would Lightpath even be able to do anything? From what I've been hearing, it seems everything is up to Sega of Japan and also Yahoo.jp

Well I contacted optimum and they only gave me the same news as usual, "Its not on our end, its on sega's end." And all that. I think the only way for us to get in, is for Yahoo.jp to do something about it, or if Sega changes ISP's. Otherwise, VPN is our only choice, and amazon tunneling.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 20, 2014, 05:30 PM
Well I contacted optimum and they only gave me the same news as usual, "Its not on our end, its on sega's end." And all that. I think the only way for us to get in, is for Yahoo.jp to do something about it, or if Sega changes ISP's. Otherwise, VPN is our only choice, and amazon tunneling.

Damn :/ well its almost the end of the month and im losing all hope on connecting back. This really sucks cause I just got back into the game too and all those hours i've wasted will now go to waste. I don't know how I feel about using a VPN since i've heard stories about banning. The amazon tunneling, well I don't know what that is exactly (i've seen the thread but didn't bother reading it) but i'm sure its risky as well :(

Wise Man
Jul 20, 2014, 05:45 PM
Well my plan, that's changed several dozen times by now lol, is basically to wait until the end of the month. If there is no change in either the site or game, then I'll wait until episode three is released. By then, i'll give the best vpn mentioned here a try and hope for the best.

Until that time, i'll try calling Optimum again in a few days and continue to play other games and write. I don't like "admitting" defeat but we do seem to be up a creek here with no paddle :/ That is unless someone can find an answer to our prayers lol

Shinamori
Jul 20, 2014, 07:36 PM
Damn :/ well its almost the end of the month and im losing all hope on connecting back. This really sucks cause I just got back into the game too and all those hours i've wasted will now go to waste. I don't know how I feel about using a VPN since i've heard stories about banning. The amazon tunneling, well I don't know what that is exactly (i've seen the thread but didn't bother reading it) but i'm sure its risky as well :(

Amazaon tunneling is a lot safe. 3wks and been doing fine.

Commander A9
Jul 21, 2014, 06:41 PM
SoftEther is also a great free alternative VPN service; it works perfectly for me.

wolveslaststand
Jul 23, 2014, 01:08 PM
So, has anyone gotten any better luck at contacting optimum? I haven't been doing so well at all..

Wise Man
Jul 23, 2014, 01:58 PM
I've been on vacation the past few days so I haven't had a chance to call. I am seriously considering the amazon method for logging back on but I won't try it until the end of the month.

I am curious on something else; since our ip addresses have to go through yahoo.jp, I wonder what's keeping them from fixing this problem. Also, if no one in the higher ups has realized there's a problem by now, then wow on all of them. Talk about incompetence -_-

wolveslaststand
Jul 24, 2014, 08:14 PM
I am seriously considering the amazon method for logging back on but I won't try it until the end of the month.

I'm using the amazon method, and is safe and it works great. Though, I always have to enable and disable proxy cap so I can switch blocks without getting a 630 error. It sucks really. But otherwise, I suggest you use it, its great, and I can play again with no bans, or issues.

Daiyousei
Jul 24, 2014, 08:23 PM
Just leave proxycap on, I don't get lag anyways from leaving it on, saves me from having to keep turning on and off.

wolveslaststand
Jul 29, 2014, 12:37 PM
Sorry for bringing back an old thread but, I was hoping if anyone got any changes with optimum in connection, or if anyone has any new news on the situation.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 29, 2014, 12:43 PM
Sorry for bringing back an old thread but, I was hoping if anyone got any changes with optimum in connection, or if anyone has any new news on the situation.

I was going to bring back this old thread too, but nah I don't think anything new has been going on with Optimum about this whole situation. Plus, it's almost the end of the month :(

wolveslaststand
Jul 29, 2014, 12:48 PM
I was going to bring back this old thread too, but nah I don't think anything new has been going on with Optimum about this whole situation. Plus, it's almost the end of the month :(

Hey, Don't give up. Maybe when EP 3 comes out, Yahoo.jp might bring their crap together. Who knows. If nothing happens, then get a VPN, a Proxy, AWS, or give up and move on... It's hard but, you gotta give other games a chance too ^^". I'm currently on with AWS, and i've been doing well. Take that into consideration o3o. If you got no credit card, go into cyberkitsunes proxy. It's safe, but not ban-free. And if your account gets banned, make a new one. A fresh new start. You don't get IP banned for using a proxy, so it's all good.

Wise Man
Jul 30, 2014, 08:25 AM
This all really is the biggest bummer but hey, such is the life we live lol.
I did want to ask, how is using AWS? I was thinking about getting it but with the amount of people having "problems", I guess I'm not sure ^^; That and I would really like to not have to buy one of the programs needed to run it xD

wolveslaststand
Jul 30, 2014, 07:26 PM
This all really is the biggest bummer but hey, such is the life we live lol.
I did want to ask, how is using AWS? I was thinking about getting it but with the amount of people having "problems", I guess I'm not sure ^^; That and I would really like to not have to buy one of the programs needed to run it xD

AWS is fine, it doesn't give me any lag at all really. And it's nice to use to connect to the site. And I plan on buying proxycap when it expires. Its only 30 bucks, it ain't much. And after 12 months, the service costs around .12 cents an hour. It isn't really that expensive if you use it more than 3 hours of play time everyday. Pretty cheap and reasonable if you tell me.

Wise Man
Jul 30, 2014, 07:45 PM
Ok, ok, you've finally twisted my arm lol. I'll try and finally get around to getting this all at the end of the week. Hopefully the setup will be easy for me ^^;

Wise Man
Aug 5, 2014, 01:25 PM
Hello again to all optimum online users. It feels, and looks, like forever since any of us posted here. I know that a few of us, myself included, have jumped ship and are using some form or another to log back on. However... has anyone made any headway with optimum on this? ^^;

Daiyousei
Aug 5, 2014, 01:36 PM
From what it looks like at this point they can do nothing on their end, unless they buy more routes to Japan and one of them happens to reach.