PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Handful of questions regarding connection and the related.

HopelessHero
Jul 3, 2014, 01:35 PM
I tried surfing a lot of the threads to see what the deal is regarding my inability to connect (my ISP is Cox, if it helps), but I don't get a lot of the jargon they use, so I was hoping someone could dumb it down and answer a couple questions for me regarding connection, and some other things.

1. Is there any chance that sometime in the reasonably-near future, I'll be able to just get back into the game, without needing a VPN or some other form of special measure?

2. Has anyone tried to contact Cox, and had any sort of luck finding out what's wrong or when they can do something?

3. Is it possible the problem could be with me, and if it is, what can I try?

4. On an unrelated note, do I need to log in to get the compensation from the DDoS, and if I do, when is the window to get it, and when does it expire if left unclaimed?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being ignorant.

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 01:37 PM
I tried surfing a lot of the threads to see what the deal is regarding my inability to connect (my ISP is Cox, if it helps), but I don't get a lot of the jargon they use, so I was hoping someone could dumb it down and answer a couple questions for me regarding connection, and some other things.

1. Is there any chance that sometime in the reasonably-near future, I'll be able to just get back into the game, without needing a VPN or some other form of special measure?

2. Has anyone tried to contact Cox, and had any sort of luck finding out what's wrong or when they can do something?

3. Is it possible the problem could be with me, and if it is, what can I try?

4. On an unrelated note, do I need to log in to get the compensation from the DDoS, and if I do, when is the window to get it, and when does it expire if left unclaimed?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being ignorant.

1. That is possible, but there is no set schedule for that.

2. There might be on this forum, 4ch or reddit, but the best gurantee is to contact them yourself.

3. Not really, what you can do is to run a tracert to pso2.jp and the ship server, save that, and use that to contact your ISP, and get them to do something.

4. Last day is 07/15, after that it's gone.

HopelessHero
Jul 3, 2014, 01:41 PM
Ehh... I was hoping to avoid having to contact them myself. Not that I'm lazy, just... painfully shy. Though I did try a tracert and, while I don't understand it, like I said, all I know is that it timed out after it reached number three of whatever it was doing.
But... At any rate, thanks. That helps a lot.

Faranth
Jul 3, 2014, 01:43 PM
1. That is possible, but there is no set schedule for that.

indeed ><
for example, i did lose access to the game after maint but then at a random time i tried to login n i was able to (`・ω・´). altho now its back to off 〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ...
plus. i didnt really do anything ⊙﹏⊙

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 01:51 PM
Ehh... I was hoping to avoid having to contact them myself. Not that I'm lazy, just... painfully shy. Though I did try a tracert and, while I don't understand it, like I said, all I know is that it timed out after it reached number three of whatever it was doing.
But... At any rate, thanks. That helps a lot.

You can try online chat, if your ISP support that or email contact, if you don't want to speak to someone. writting letter is another option.

Houten
Jul 3, 2014, 02:02 PM
After performing the tracert where do you fine the record or do you just screen/copypaste?

Looks like my connections didn't even get to go anywhere after the modem

1 <1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.1.xxx
2 * * * timed out for the next 29 attempt

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah someone has already contacted Cox, I don't have the sauce right now but it said something about the backbone having pso2 blacklisted and eventually it'll clear up on its own.

Faranth
Jul 3, 2014, 02:06 PM
After performing the tracert where do you fine the record or do you just screen/copypaste?

not sure if i got your question right but....
as far as ik there isnt a record kept
only way is indeed... right click on the window~ go to Edit ~ select all ~ copy n bingo (or take a SS) (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

hope thats what u wanted to know (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 02:14 PM

Type that in the command promt, it'll make a txt file of th e tracert in t he C: drive.
tracert pso2.jp > c:\pso2trace.txt

Faranth
Jul 3, 2014, 02:17 PM
Type that in the command promt, it'll make a txt file of th e tracert in t he C: drive.
tracert pso2.jp > c:\pso2trace.txt

a.. there is also that way... my bad (*/∇\*)

GHNeko
Jul 3, 2014, 03:18 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3156561&postcount=11

reaper527
Jul 3, 2014, 04:17 PM
a.. there is also that way... my bad (*/∇\*)

worth mentioning, that is a technique called piping, and you can use it to redirect the output of ANY command line program into a text file, not just tracert.

additionally, when you use the > it creates a new file or if a file with that name already exists, it overwrites that file. if you use >> it will append the existing file