PDA

View Full Version : Are there any chance that we will ever get a Beast Race?

darkante
Jul 3, 2014, 03:26 PM
Considering that Deuman do exist and Episode 3 is not too far away.
My mind were kinda hoping for it, just wanted a good reason to get back into PSO2.

The Walrus
Jul 3, 2014, 03:40 PM
It's possible. Remember that they want the game around for 10 years so they gotta space out content a lot ; )

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2014, 03:41 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't use the new planet to segue into a beast race introduction, honestly. They're essentially just really tall beasts.

ArataWata
Jul 3, 2014, 03:46 PM
I was kinda bummed that Beasts weren't revealed with the new class for episode 3, being my favourite race n all.

I like to think they'll come eventually, with Deumans being put in the game at least.

darkante
Jul 3, 2014, 03:50 PM
Yeah, the big tall beasts is what sparked my interest anyway.
It would fit alot better for what i had in mind rather then the Newman race.

Iīm gonna assume if they make it that the transformation part will be left out, but thatīs ok i still like them. =)

ashley50
Jul 3, 2014, 04:06 PM
They'll return as pets.

Sandmind
Jul 3, 2014, 04:11 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't use the new planet to segue into a beast race introduction, honestly. They're essentially just really tall beasts.

I like this idea. Possibly seeing beast integrating Arks with episode4 after episode3 being about helping them. It could be nice to see beast in this game being the giant race. It be something more than a few cosmectic variation with newman and dewman compared to previous games.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2014, 04:19 PM
If they do, I hope SEGA also makes race change tickets.

Edson Drake
Jul 3, 2014, 04:21 PM
They'll probably just give a free character slot, like when Deuman was introduced.

Xaeris
Jul 3, 2014, 04:23 PM
If they do, I hope SEGA also makes race change tickets.

Yup. I'd love to have a beast, but holy hell, I am not raising another character from scratch. If I have to level Hunter one more time, I really just may harm someone.

landman
Jul 3, 2014, 04:37 PM
The new planet, a part from the tall ones, had a one horned girl that seemed native. Her stature seemed normal in the trailer, so there is a possibility they are also "transforming", and maybe they are full time transformed because of the war.

It wouldn't suprise me the "episode 3 = introduction" and "episode 4 = joining arks" idea, and the transformation being some kind of technology / ability that can be shared in a new class. Because no-one-wants-racial-handicaps again.

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2014, 04:43 PM
Yup. I'd love to have a beast, but holy hell, I am not raising another character from scratch. If I have to level Hunter one more time, I really just may harm someone.

Yeah, I'd really like to just change Nassie back to a Beast like she was in PSU, instead of make a new one. Leveling characters is such a pain, either way.

Sandmind
Jul 3, 2014, 04:45 PM
The new planet, a part from the tall ones, had a one horned girl that seemed native. Her stature seemed normal in the trailer, so there is a possibility they are also "transforming", and maybe they are full time transformed because of the war.

It wouldn't suprise me the "episode 3 = introduction" and "episode 4 = joining arks" idea, and the transformation being some kind of technology / ability that can be shared in a new class. Because no-one-wants-racial-handicaps again.

Possible.

And now I remember those screenshots of fat reindeer costumed players.... and I'm imagining a max sized fat beast in those, they would make Mr. Umbra look both thin and small in comparaison.

DS23
Jul 3, 2014, 05:02 PM
Mention of Beast race was datamined at one point but since has been removed from the game's code so maybe someday. Don't really know!

TheAstarion
Jul 3, 2014, 07:38 PM
Beast was mentioned in alpha equipment tables, but individual races have been scrapped from equipment tables (think PSU's Crea weapons being for human & newman only, and Kan Yu bring male only). No mention since, and alpha used PSU music as placeholders quite a lot (title screen) so it's entirely possible that an early build was based on the PSU resources and old engine as a proof of concept.

Beast is in the game data for PSO2es, as datamined by Agrajag and co.

Kinda bummed that they weren't part of the Bouncer reveal too; I already have the most enormous hypeboner for Bouncer as it's almost everything I could possibly want from a single class... the only thing it's missing is that little bit on my character screen that says Race: Beast.

My other theory was that PS Nova has a -suspiciously- high proportion of human characters. I'm just waiting for one of them to flip a table and give us a surprise race reveal. This is despite them having said it's using pre-episode 2 architecture, so only the first 3 races and 6 classes... they already broke the 6 classes promise as revealed today (Buster, better name than Bouncer but can't moan) so we can but wait.

Sakai has a long trickle feed plan and said before release that there's a possibility of more races down the line. Note the plural. We've had one (which was his brainchild, by the way, from PSP2i, the first time he was given free reign to create something from the ground up as director), it stands to reason we'll get at least one more (and hope it's Beast, and not playable Stateria... for now...) down the line.

Perhaps one big thing per year is going to be the norm now, a new race, class or planet for anniversaries, bonus points for getting more than one. Check back in a year and we'll have something else new that was planned since day one. Maybe Beasts, maybe the tech/range class, maybe Neo Rykros, maybe the secrets of the third subclass icon, maybe racial skill trees, maybe non-playable classes for subbing, maybe PA crafting, maybe ultimate difficulty, maybe any two or three or more or all.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my arse. Hope not, though!

gigawuts
Jul 3, 2014, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to just change Nassie back to a Beast like she was in PSU, instead of make a new one. Leveling characters is such a pain, either way.

Not to mention the este tickets.

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 4, 2014, 12:56 AM
In this episode 3 trailer this monster looks very much like a beast, it has similar tattoos as the beasts in PSU did, but instead they have them all over there body. But the size of them for a character is too big even in beast form, So perhaps they are mutated versions if they are beasts that is, i just maybe wonder if they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6LwV3aK_29Y#t=67

landman
Jul 4, 2014, 01:26 AM
White Titans are only double the size, that's no different than PSU's nanoblasts.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ur9nxz.jpg

Achelousaurus
Jul 4, 2014, 08:40 AM
As much as I love melee tailored races, beasts are just too furry for me D: