PDA

View Full Version : Is this fake?

Nials
Jul 3, 2014, 03:49 PM
http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/ I don't know what to think? Apparently it's fake. Iv not seen it on this forums (sorry if it's already been answered). Opinions?

The Walrus
Jul 3, 2014, 04:01 PM
It's just a fanblog

btw-Niji
Jul 3, 2014, 04:02 PM
... what could be fake about it?

Sizustar
Jul 3, 2014, 04:02 PM
It's all speculation, so what's the problem with it?

Nials
Jul 3, 2014, 04:06 PM
Iv just seen it posted on other sites calling it fake. The problems is its quite hard to get information on the game I find because it hasn't become localised, iv not seen any post that's 100 percent certain wrong with the servers it's all speculation

Vintasticvin
Jul 3, 2014, 04:07 PM
Oh pfft thats a week old op now back to the asylum with you!

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 04:08 PM
To be honest, there's allot of speculation flying around all the forums, backbone issues, isp issues i heard someone infer that it was an issue with the ISP that SEGA uses (damaged server) that is causing our attempts to log in, essentially "loop". The long and short of it is. No one has any idea just what i going on , except SEGA.....maybe. So what this guys is saying could well be the case. Who knows?

Nials
Jul 3, 2014, 04:08 PM
Oh pfft thats a week old op go back to panicking and jitter in agony.

I'm not panicking I'd just like to know what's going on.:-?
@MRLADYBOY thanks for not being a douch. And I should be sent to a asylum for wanting to get a little information? Iv not been keeping up to date that's all.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2014, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, Nials. A few people in other forums are saying that stateside ISPs have blocked traffic, after talking to tech support. It might take a while, but I think we'll all get access back - it's just a matter of when.

EDIT: Don't worry about Vinny, he's just messing anyway.

Friyn
Jul 3, 2014, 04:42 PM
"My ISP told me SEGA has placed a block on their services."
"My ISP told me there's definitely something wrong and they're going to investigate it."
"My ISP had no idea what's going on."
"My iSP told me I'm a faggot."
"My ISP misses their waifus too."

Make up your mind already. I'd emphasise the first one, gaijin block is reality.

Nials
Jul 3, 2014, 04:46 PM
@Enforcer MKV and @Friyn guess all we can do is wait and see what happens. Kinda sucks we probably won't get a statement from sega and the stuff we get for the ddos will probably be over by the time we get back online.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2014, 04:52 PM
"My ISP told me SEGA has placed a block on their services."
"My ISP told me there's definitely something wrong and they're going to investigate it."
"My ISP had no idea what's going on."
"My iSP told me I'm a faggot."
"My ISP misses their waifus too."

Make up your mind already. I'd emphasise the first one, gaijin block is reality.

I disagree. There are certain providers that can connect in countries, others that cannot. That's not an IP ban like everyone is crying about. It sounds more like the ISP blocked access temporarily because of the DDoS. I don't know for sure, hence why I said I think. I'm going off what I think is the most likely solution.

*Shrugs* Time will tell, not much else we can do with PSO2 in the meantime. Probably better to dive into one's backlog or older games.

@Enforcer MKV and @Friyn guess all we can do is wait and see what happens. Kinda sucks we probably won't get a statement from sega and the stuff we get for the ddos will probably be over by the time we get back online.
Yeah, that's probably the case. I'm less concerned about the reward items. I just want to be allowed to play again. It's not my favorite game but the combat is fun and I don't fancy losing two years of stuff.

MRLADYBOY
Jul 3, 2014, 05:05 PM
At the end of the day, what will be, will be. I love this game and i do REALLY hope we get it back but it's just out of our control. I think they have it in a stable-ish condition and are probably ironing a few things out for optimal JP service. Hopefully that will mean a FULL recover. If i had to guess, i would say that eventually it will come back, but who knows when? Not a huge gamer and don't really know whats good but recently started vindictus. Not as good but not bad. Been playing PSO for a loooong time so im gonna be biased :D

Zipzo
Jul 3, 2014, 05:52 PM
To be honest, there's allot of speculation flying around all the forums, backbone issues, isp issues i heard someone infer that it was an issue with the ISP that SEGA uses (damaged server) that is causing our attempts to log in, essentially "loop". The long and short of it is. No one has any idea just what i going on , except SEGA.....maybe. So what this guys is saying could well be the case. Who knows?

The guy didn't say anything that could be verifiably false because it's all his own opinion.

He just said that whatever SEGA did botched foreign connections, therefore the discussion of whether it's an IP ban or not is rendered inert because it works the same either way.

Why must you waste our time further by posting more threads about conmection issues with links to blogs about connection issues.

fruiteaterz
Jul 3, 2014, 06:19 PM
lolol

Dan Maku
Jul 3, 2014, 06:21 PM
If you're gonna flip out over an IP region block, be more forward for it. Don't be all vague and wishy-washy and ask me to look in strange links.

TaigaUC
Jul 3, 2014, 10:20 PM
I disagree. There are certain providers that can connect in countries, others that cannot. That's not an IP ban like everyone is crying about. It sounds more like the ISP blocked access temporarily because of the DDoS.

What? There's nothing that implies the block is temporary or not.

Let me try explaining (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):
- Every ISP has different IP ranges. This is why some are blocked and others aren't.
- SEGA seems to only be blocking IP ranges that they have deemed to be attacking them.
- They aren't just blocking by country. AFAIK, it doesn't work that way. Not sure if they can block by ISP name.
- I'm pretty certain some JP IPs fall within international ranges. To fix this, SEGA is still adjusting their block ranges.
- The above is probably why some people find themselves suddenly able to connect.

As for why people are suddenly unable to connect, either SEGA realized attacks are still coming from those ISPs and adjusted their block, or the DDoSer is actively spoofing IPs from ISPs people list here as functional.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 4, 2014, 06:38 PM
-snip-

Actually...people have tried doing a tracert. It basically allows you to see where the failing of a path is. Generally, from what I've read, is that the signal can't even make it out of the Country. Sega of Japan couldn't do that by itself, and no one has mentioned anyone saying that Sega requested the ISP block a specific path. Basically, if the tracert revealed that the signal could get to Japan, but then be blocked, yeah, then we could say it was Sega. But that's not what's happening. Also: Apparently some ISP have an automated process that detects activity akin to DDoS and then blocks the destination, so no one on that particular ISP can connect. What caused this whole mess? A DDoS. So, automated process detects DDoS being facilitated by ISP's IP addresses, and cuts off the ability for ALL of that ISP's users being able to connect. Then we can't play. Now, those types of blocks are temporary, but apparently it could take up to 30 days for it to come back.

Given the fact that if Sega were wanting to keep us out, I'm inclined to think they would want to keep ALL of us out, it makes no sense to allow some ISP and disallow other. That doesn't explain why...I think it was Verizon users, anyway...Verizon users suddenly stopped being able to connect as of last maintenance. But it explains why a lot of us couldn't after the servers came back on.

Of course, I'm only human; I could have misunderstood or gotten part of that wrong - I don't know - there are a lot of things I don't know. But given my understanding, no, it doesn't seem like Sega is the one blocking us from the game.