PDA

View Full Version : anyone contacted centurylink?

pkemr4
Jul 3, 2014, 03:50 PM
anyone? i cant do it.

btw-Niji
Jul 3, 2014, 03:54 PM
just ask your parents. :-)

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 04:06 PM
Ask Bruce Wayne.

He can do anything ! He's rich !

blace
Jul 3, 2014, 04:08 PM
Sure if their customer support wasn't so terrible I'd put up with the 30 minutes of waiting.

pkemr4
Jul 3, 2014, 06:31 PM
bump ; ;

blackstar
Jul 3, 2014, 06:34 PM
I just got off work, so I'll give it a try. I doubt I'll get very far though, with it being Fourth of July weekend and everything.

Asumasa
Jul 3, 2014, 06:40 PM
This probably wont make you feel any better but I did send them an email yesterday, im personally not a big fan of taking over the phone, but if it is an ISP/Backbone issue as long as people are contacting them whether it be by phone or email and make the issue known im sure it'll help the issue be resolved quicker.

blackstar
Jul 3, 2014, 06:45 PM
HAHA I am now number 12 on hold on a frigin' internet chat with Century link. This ought to be good.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 06:52 PM
crossing my fingers, I think century link shares a backbone with telus, so I think both ISPs might get fixed.

blackstar
Jul 3, 2014, 07:09 PM
I got a hold of tech support (I don't think they were more than a level 1). I was told to do a port forward on my modem (I thought I read that someone here tried that already). Either way, I did ask that they put in a ticket on this.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 07:12 PM
Trying out the port forward probably wouldn't hurt.
Probably won't do anything, but hey you might get lucky.
y-y-you didn't have to do that for us senpai

blackstar
Jul 3, 2014, 07:23 PM
It's cool. We all just want to play the game here.

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 03:31 PM
bump. any results?

Shinamori
Jul 4, 2014, 04:30 PM
Chillax dude.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2014, 04:35 PM
I got a hold of tech support (I don't think they were more than a level 1). I was told to do a port forward on my modem (I thought I read that someone here tried that already). Either way, I did ask that they put in a ticket on this.

I once had to explain to a centurylink representative what a ping was

I also once had a centurylink technician tell me that a 600 ms ping was fine for gaming because you see milliseconds are very small

unless you can get 3 levels in, calling centurylink (or getting a centurylink tech to come to your house) won't do shit but teach you how to turn your modem off and on (six times, twice per rep)

blace
Jul 4, 2014, 04:59 PM
I once had a rep tell me to check my download/upload rate while my internet was randomly shut off in the middle of the day.

Jaquecz
Jul 4, 2014, 06:20 PM
[Insert bullshit story here]

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2014, 06:23 PM
[Insert bullshit story here]

Except the things I've said actually happened, and aren't even very far fetched considering the "training" most customer service reps for ISPs actually get. You've pretty clearly never had to deal with centurylink (or embarq, at the time) for any real amount of time if you find those two anecdotes hard to believe.

Unless you meant that your own story would be bullshit, and you weren't making some kind of childish implication. I'm not really sure; you normally do behave like a child so I'm just covering my bases.

Jaquecz
Jul 4, 2014, 06:41 PM
I use Telus, and even despite me not dealing with customer support very often, I find it very hard to believe that someone who works for an internet company wouldn't know what a ping is, or would tell a customer to check his/her download|upload rate while his/her internet is down.

I mean thats some common sense shit right there.
The 600 ping thing is more believable because whoever says thats fine doesn't use the internet very much.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2014, 06:50 PM
I use Telus, and even despite me not dealing with customer support very often, I find it very hard to believe that someone who works for an internet company wouldn't know what a ping is, or would tell a customer to check his/her download|upload rate while his/her internet is down.

The 600 ping thing is more believable because whoever says thats fine doesn't use the internet very much.

Yeah, I dare you to deal with dozens upon dozens of different reps over the course of 30 months while trying to resolve the same problem and not find at least one person that stupid. Not even one.

Customer service positions, especially with ISPs, are extremely high turnover. They take whoever they can get before they burn out and need to be replaced.

blace
Jul 4, 2014, 06:59 PM

My case was last year during the summer around the same time as now.

I called to get some insight into whether or not they're doing some servicing in the area and would repeatedly have my connection shut off in the span of 30 minutes to an hour. Repeated calls into their customer and tech support yielded the same response with them claiming that there was nothing wrong and to consult their site and speed test. The answers they gave me each time was the same as the last.

I had better luck getting actual help before the merge when it was still Qwest, but with Century Link I see my connection throttling or stopping for hours.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2014, 06:15 AM
I hate Century Link, so goddamn much. I spent two weeks without Youtube because it apparently wouldn't buffer due to a network issue. I checked kinda hard, and apparently this was a new recent thing with them.

I solved the problem by updating my video drivers.

Network has to do with video drivers? What?

:disapprove:

reaper527
Jul 5, 2014, 10:09 AM
I once had a rep tell me to check my download/upload rate while my internet was randomly shut off in the middle of the day.

at least you could quickly and honestly tell him 0/0

blackstar
Jul 5, 2014, 10:13 PM
Well I got a reply to my email about our little problem... Those people really are just trained monkeys, aren't they.? I did respond with a copy of the tracert and some other tests, so maybe if I continue to harass them, they'll finally break down and check on the block.

blackoctober
Jul 6, 2014, 09:15 AM
here is my tracer done know if is going to be of any use, but here my tracert.txt (file://EMANGAMEMICHINE/Users/Eman%20Game%20Michine/Desktop/my%20tracert.txt)

Ashvanale
Jul 6, 2014, 09:22 AM
^

Uhhhh okay?

:^)

Kaezar
Aug 4, 2014, 03:55 PM
Well I got a reply to my email about our little problem... Those people really are just trained monkeys, aren't they.? I did respond with a copy of the tracert and some other tests, so maybe if I continue to harass them, they'll finally break down and check on the block.

Did you ever get a response from them or get this resolved blackstar? Still can't connect either with clink. Can't make a connection with pso2.jp either......

blackstar
Aug 4, 2014, 08:26 PM
No I did not. I also found the ticket they opened only stays open for 5 days. I honestly did not expect anything to come of it anyway, but I did find this (http://http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370564-ISP-level-block-of-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-servers-) thread on DSLreports. It doesn't help, but at least it looks like CenturyLink is aware of the problem. Iv'e given up and gone the VPN route.