PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how the JP players feel

Cortte
Jul 3, 2014, 07:22 PM
And by that I mean I wonder how they feel about a large chunk of foreign players not getting on. I could imagine it's likely that good number of them befriended a lot of us during the time we had access to the game.

I remember when Abductions were first put into the game. I was one of the earlier groups to get abducted. 2 of us were NA and 2 were JP. Despite a slight language barrier we managed to beat it. After that all 4 of us swapped friend invites and never deleted each other. In fact one of the players in that party would never fail to message me by saying "Yow!" Whenever they first sign on. To which I would reply Yow/Pow/Wow/Mow/ etc.

Anyway my point is I wonder if some would feel upset that players are gone, and even want us back.

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 3, 2014, 07:27 PM
I think some JP's are glad that many foreigners are no longer able to in habit their Ships, especially rude, obnoxious B-20nains. I'm sure there are some JP's that like to interact with foreigners will surely miss us, but I think that most JP's couldn't care less whether we're on PSO2 or not.

Noc Codez
Jul 3, 2014, 07:28 PM
I think some JP's are glad that many foreigners are no longer able to in habit their Ships, especially rude, obnoxious B-20nains. I'm sure there are some JP's that like to interact with foreigners will surely miss us, but I think that most JP's couldn't care less whether we're on PSO2 or not.

LOL Pretty much this

gaijin_punch
Jul 3, 2014, 07:28 PM
Having played PSO DC/GC/BB on J-ships exclusively for... frankly far too long, I'm sure people that have gaijin in their friends list will be a little put out. As stated in many threads, the haters are far more verbal. Language barriers can be irksome, but some people welcome it.

SammyKiller
Jul 3, 2014, 07:29 PM
I've seen a little bit of everything, there's JP's on twitter even saying hashtags like "Unban X person, he's a really good gaijin!" for people who have gotten 816, I've seen Jp's say "Really sad that gaijin can't play anymore, all our prayers/hopes for them to come back to the game soon!"

I've also seen the: "I'm really glad I can play the game without fear from having gaijin join my game if I don't password it, etc". So yeah, mixed opinions but mostly just Jp's really sad that Gaijin can't play, specially Jp's that have a lot of respect for gaijin who compete and are really good at the game, low morale and high respect.

EvilMag
Jul 3, 2014, 07:31 PM
When I signed on using PZ last night, I got like 3 of my Japanese friends whispering me saying that they missed me. ;_;

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 3, 2014, 07:33 PM
Having played PSO DC/GC/BB on J-ships exclusively for... frankly far too long, I'm sure people that have gaijin in their friends list will be a little put out. As stated in many threads, the haters are far more verbal. Language barriers can be irksome, but some people welcome it.
It's the verbal ones that cause a stink on 2 ch that are a problem as the lambs just follow their lead.

btw-Niji
Jul 3, 2014, 07:34 PM
JP players are most likely happy since a lot of EN players were a nuisance because of spamming the chat, not reading the god damn rules in the PT comment, leeching, acting like retards, etc.

Also, since most useless EN players can't connect, Ship2 can get 200% Luther no problem now.

MadGalant
Jul 3, 2014, 07:41 PM
Japanese are really sad... NOT

No more shameless leeching, no more chat spam, no more english hack, no more ugly shitskin musclewoman. Who wouldn't be glad?

Maybe the 100 or so gaijinlovers in mackarel 2 feel sad but the majority is happy with the gaijin ban.

GHNeko
Jul 3, 2014, 07:42 PM
Mostly off-topic, so I apologize if this heavily derails:

I wish people would stop thinking for the japanese. No. Seriously.
I really wish we could stop making posts about what the [general] japanese audience thinks as if we're extremely familiar with more than a handful; IF EVEN THAT.

We cant survey a huge portion of them (or rather, no one is going to make the concentrated effort to do so, especially from an unbiased source) and we're not all familiar with Japanese people. The Japanese we are familiar with still results in anecdotal experiences/opinions.

It's also well known that Japan has issues with xenophobia and that there are some extremists among that category who are very nationalistic and frequent the game.

So the actual opinions from JP PSO2 players can easily be on opposite spectrum, but this place is so self-depreciating that I get the heavy feeling that a lot of people are more prone to repeating that the Japanese players (generally) dislike foreigners and it turns into an echo chamber here.

What's up with that?

Like I really dont see the purpose in repeating something that we cant confirm on a massive scale that doesnt come from a heavily skewed/bias source like 2ch or some shit.

I understand there will be JP players who will want us to leave, and JP players who dont mind us, and even JP players who like us there, but we cant get this information on a large enough scale to make generations as frequently as a lot of posters here do.

So wtf man. It's asinine.

Vintasticvin
Jul 3, 2014, 07:42 PM
LOL Pretty much this

You're a foreigner too....

Sanguine2009
Jul 3, 2014, 07:45 PM
personally i think its mixed, some miss us, some are glad we are gone, and some dont really care either way.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 3, 2014, 07:45 PM

Maybe the 100 or so gaijinlovers in mackarel 2 feel sad but the majority is happy with the gaijin ban.

Nice source.

No more shameless leeching, no more chat spam, no more english hack, no more ugly shitskin musclewoman. Who wouldn't be glad?

Was that aimed at olaf? I've seen japanese players who make amazons...

And there's nothing wrong with amazons.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 3, 2014, 07:46 PM

are you mad it's our ISPS blocking us from playing since you can't put all the blame on Sega now your putting the blame on the JP players and btw nice new account did you just make that today?

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 07:46 PM
Lol@ 666 posts niji.
The attitude with JP players towards us gaijins is probably a mixed boat.
I'm guessing some don't care, some do, some are glad we're gone, and some probably hope it's permanent.
Despite the language barrier, most of (if not all) the japanese I met we're pretty nice people.

I'm guessing the Amazon VPN thing still works, so any of us with a credit card probably can still play, imo means that b20 players that made it into a cesspool can probably still play as well.

anyone feel like posting in-game screens of the ship 2 block bar things?

btw-Niji
Jul 3, 2014, 07:47 PM
no more ugly shitskin musclewoman.
RIP Big Olaf. Ugliest character I've seen.

IndignationSWF
Jul 3, 2014, 07:47 PM
Most of the people I've played with from Japan have been really nice and actually wondered why certain blocks have been all but deserted. The vocal minority may not care, but it's no where near universal.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 3, 2014, 07:48 PM

It's RIP in peace.

Get it right.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 3, 2014, 07:49 PM
no more ugly shitskin musclewoman
http://herpderpedia.wikispaces.com/file/view/goofyc.jpeg/177066753/goofyc.jpeg

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2014, 07:49 PM

I really wish we could stop making posts about what the [general] japanese audience things as if we're extremely familiar with more than a handful; IF EVEN THAT.

We cant survey a huge portion of them (or rather, no one is going to make the concentrated effort to do so, especially from an unbiased source) and we're not all familiar with Japanese people. The Japanese we are familiar with still results in anecdotal experiences/opinions.

It's also well known that Japan has issues with xenophobia and that there are some extremists among that category who are very nationalistic and frequent the game.

So the actual opinions from JP PSO2 players can easily be on opposite spectrum, but this place is so self-depreciating that I get the heavy feeling that a lot of people are more prone to repeating that the Japanese players (generally) dislike foreigners and it turns into an echo chamber here.

What's up with that?

Like I really dont see the purpose in repeating something that we cant confirm on a massive scale that doesnt come from a heavily skewed/bias source like 2ch or some shit.

I understand there will be JP players who will want us to leave, and JP players who dont mind us, and even JP players who like us there, but we cant get this information on a large enough scale to make generations as frequently as a lot of posters here do.

Rock Eastwood Likes this http://www.pso-world.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

GHNeko
Jul 3, 2014, 07:51 PM
http://herpderpedia.wikispaces.com/file/view/goofyc.jpeg/177066753/goofyc.jpeg

hahahahaha

How do you manage to keep poppin' out these high quality posts. <3

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 07:53 PM
this thread made me have feels.

KaizoKage
Jul 3, 2014, 07:55 PM
this thread made me have feels.

I fell you brah

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 07:57 PM
http://triggerplug.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/feel-them-jhonny.png

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2014, 07:58 PM
no more ugly shitskin musclewoman.

I'll have you know I can log in fine. (http://i.imgur.com/s3dMyoK.jpg)

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 08:00 PM
inb4wutisp

Dark Matter
Jul 3, 2014, 08:00 PM
If I told you someone sheds tears for your loss, would you feel better?
If I told you someone was working on it, would you feel better?
The real question is would you be able to handle the truth?

Not sure if this is related

Original
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Aq60Xkj.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
Translated
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Exeuc90.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

NexusAZ
Jul 3, 2014, 08:02 PM

I really wish we could stop making posts about what the [general] japanese audience thinks as if we're extremely familiar with more than a handful; IF EVEN THAT.

What's up with that?

This is beautiful. . _.b

Manakura
Jul 3, 2014, 08:05 PM
my team was pretty small, but it basically consisted of me and everyone else was JP, There was a single person in there that spoke a little English. Since i'm trying to learn japanese right now this wasn't just a game but also a resource to help my learning T-T please be fixed soon so i can speak to mah bro's oversea's

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2014, 08:11 PM

What's up with that?

I second the notion of the attractiveness of this post. ^_^ -b

:wacko:

Also we got some edgy futhermockers in here. Amusing, if nothing else. :rolleyes:

IndignationSWF
Jul 3, 2014, 08:13 PM
I second the notion of the attractiveness of this post. ^_^ -b

:wacko:

Also we got some edgy futhermockers in here. Amusing, if nothing else. :rolleyes:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/585/830/b0d.jpg

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2014, 08:14 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/585/830/b0d.jpg

...*slow clap*

Extremely delayed Edit;

I forgot to mention, that sig art is very nice, I'm curious where you procured it. :wacko:

Faranth
Jul 3, 2014, 10:14 PM
Allow me to give this thread a shot.

How Japanese ppl feel bout foreign... Now thats a thick question (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ....
let me make u a question instead. how do ppl outside japan feel bout Japanese (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ.

The answer as well dsnt seems clear.... at least not to myself (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

I believe there will always b dif opinions....
Like GHneko said, some will want us there n some not (b it on game, or japan)

buuuuuut in the end i believe that ppl like us ( anime / games / music / anything related to art, the ppl who appreciate it b it, from east or west side, both will give a similar answer~ )

Someone from japan would say

``hell American ppl r awesome! i mean hell look at their movies! / composers /FPS its just epic!``

And an American would b like

``hell japanese r awesome! i mean hell look at their animes / games / game composers! its just epic``

So yeah.... where u were born dsnt make dif..... n i believe even if the world still has alot of ppl who somewhat hate those from the `other side`.... eventually they will extinguish... cauz the numbers compared to a decade ago r pretty smaller.... (so it seems)

Sorry for getting a bit off topic... allow me to give a straight answer.

Atm i believe that `haters` (n b haters i mean racist ppl) on japan arent a lot. as Neko said we cant answer for em but....

Myself who has always been poking at japanese stuffs, got to the conclusion that most Japanese, indeed like foreign... specially American n European ppl.... As for the other countries... it seems they dont know alot about but once again, seems that Japanese ppl are pretty open minded n always welcome something new / different
(as i said before. This is my Own conclusion)

PS; i only used japanese an American ppl as an example, if we analize, any culture has its awesome points. N IMO, ppl who think their own country / culture is the best.... those ppl arent nice at all.

sowwy for the big txt (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Searaphim
Jul 3, 2014, 10:16 PM
I only have to say this: Who cares?

Who cares what the majority or the minority think of you? All that does is encourage an abusive generalization. You absolutely want to be liked? Well you just have to be the better man/woman and they'll like your presence.

Faranth
Jul 3, 2014, 10:21 PM
I only have to say this: Who cares?

Who cares what the majority or the minority think of you? All that does is encourage an abusive generalization. You absolutely want to be liked? Well you just have to be the better man/woman and they'll like your presence.

Couldnt agree more (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
Generalization is BS (imo at least)
n indeed~ someone awesome will b awesome anywhere (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

TaigaUC
Jul 3, 2014, 10:34 PM
It works like this:

1. People start out with little to no interaction with outsiders. They can only go by what they are told.
2. The news only reports extreme incidents, otherwise it wouldn't be news. They're not going to tell us about ordinary things happening in other countries.
3. People form biased expectations of other countries based on those extreme incidents.
4. Some people will avoid outsiders as a result. Others understand that the world is a big place, don't care, or actually find outsiders fascinating.
5. When people do meet outsiders themselves, they largely revise their opinion.
6. Opinion is usually strongly influenced by first impression, but some may leave themselves open to revision.
7. Language barrier is a significant factor (if you can't communicate properly, people can't tell if you're an asshole or not).
8. There will always be people who fear anything that is different, or anything they don't understand. It's always simpler to just avoid any kind of discomfort.

You can imagine how the above points apply to PSO2. Or anything, really.

Quick simple example to sum things up:
News: "Foreign hackers destroy PSO2. Foreigners blocked."
Reaction of most people who haven't talked to any foreigners: "Phew, I feel safer now." or "Oh, okay."

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are dicks, or don't care:
http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/yes.jpg

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are nice, or who care:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

On an interesting side note, humans often assume animals or people from other countries are stupid, just because they don't speak the same language.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 10:46 PM
anime / music / anything related to art,

/ composers /

animes / composers! its just epic``

japan American

japanese an American ppl
(〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Using this as an excuse to post this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DLZ0G7JXM
You cant say this sounds bad.
If you do your a terrible person.

Kirukia
Jul 3, 2014, 10:59 PM

What's up with that?

I agree with the general consensus that this post is awesome.

I'm not quite sure why people in the west seem to think so importantly of themselves, like other countries actually have a strong opinion of them. What do people in the US or any other western country think of people from most other countries? They probably don't have a strong opinion of most of them, if not all with maybe a handful of exceptions. Most Japanese probably won't care either way. They probably don't like or dislike most westerners. They are just kind of around in their game.

Honestly though, we have no idea what most Japanese players think of us, so why worry about it? We aren't going to get a clear answer anyway.

TaigaUC
Jul 3, 2014, 11:10 PM
I dunno if it's about Westerners thinking importantly of themselves.
The ones that think importantly of themselves are more likely to not care what JP people think.

You know, those people who are like, "The world's a free place, I can do whatever I want! Go USA! Freedom!" etc.
Can't imagine them caring what anyone thinks.

NoiseHERO
Jul 3, 2014, 11:42 PM
It works like this:

1. People start out with little to no interaction with outsiders. They can only go by what they are told.
2. The news only reports extreme incidents, otherwise it wouldn't be news. They're not going to tell us about ordinary things happening in other countries.
3. People form biased expectations of other countries based on those extreme incidents.
4. Some people will avoid outsiders as a result. Others understand that the world is a big place, don't care, or actually find outsiders fascinating.
5. When people do meet outsiders themselves, they largely revise their opinion.
6. Opinion is usually strongly influenced by first impression, but some may leave themselves open to revision.
7. Language barrier is a significant factor (if you can't communicate properly, people can't tell if you're an asshole or not).
8. There will always be people who fear anything that is different, or anything they don't understand. It's always simpler to just avoid any kind of discomfort.

You can imagine how the above points apply to PSO2. Or anything, really.

Quick simple example to sum things up:
News: "Foreign hackers destroy PSO2. Foreigners blocked."
Reaction of most people who haven't talked to any foreigners: "Phew, I feel safer now." or "Oh, okay."

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are dicks, or don't care:
http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/yes.jpg

Reaction of people who've mostly interacted with foreigners who are nice, or who care:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

On an interesting side note, humans often assume animals or people from other countries are stupid, just because they don't speak the same language.

Easiest way to look at it, is put yourself in their shoes.

And in a jp player's shoes I wouldn't care that EN players exist. <_<;; they literally only take up a few blocks in one ship, out of 10 ships, and I'd probably be in ship 1.

And as well, they could probably come here and say "why EN players so insecure about our existence like we higher life form that's racist towards them???"

Respecting someones space and not looking like a fuckboy is important, But people that like japanese pop culture in general weaboo or enthusiast or otherwise needa stop putting jp players on a pedestal(for positive OR negative reasons.)

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2014, 11:46 PM
We can't know what everyone thinks, so we shouldn't care what anyone thinks.

Great sentiment. Let's just completely ignore what people are saying because they don't really matter. I mean, if they spoke for everyone, then I'd listen, but they're not. They're just one person. All alone, with a trivial little opinion that nobody else shares. Just pointless drivel from a meaningless existence.

Those with a voice don't deserve to speak. It's the ones that stay silent who we really need to hear.

nanakatrin
Jul 3, 2014, 11:49 PM

Great sentiment. Let's just completely ignore what people are saying because they don't really matter. I mean, if they spoke for everyone, then I'd listen, but they're not. They're just one person. All alone, with a trivial little opinion that nobody else shares. Just pointless drivel from a meaningless existence.

Those with a voice don't deserve to speak. It's the ones that stay silent who we really need to hear.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn

GHNeko
Jul 4, 2014, 01:20 AM

You see.

I see what you're doing with this post.

You have a point, and yet at the same time, you dont.

Essentially, While I do agree that we should care about what individual japanese players have to say; I still have to challenge this and essentially say, "What you're trying to get at is not cool and you really need to rethink your train of thought."

[I feel] You're twisting the message I'm getting at and/or the consensus of people that are agreeing with me and taking that twisted message into an extreme.

Why? I don't know but you really shouldn't do that.

No one is saying (especially me) that a single voice doesnt matter. Of course it matters. If a few japanese have problems with us, than they have problem with us. Of course, don't just simply ignore them and try to fix the issue.

Everyone would like to care so that any problems can be rectified (or attempted to).

But this only applies on a individual basis. Not a group one (where all the generalizations come into play)

To reclarify; The issue is that we have no way of getting any reliable, non-biased and concrete information, so to make assumptions on behalf of a group of people that can be easily divided is not a good idea. We can only know the opinions/thoughts/concerns/feelings of a few individual japanese players, but that will not be enough to even entertain the idea of generalizations.

So as such we need to stop doing such on behalf of a whole group of players, that is to say;
It's better not to generalize on behalf of the japanese players then to assume what an easily dividable group such as the japanese feel and think.

No where in this, does it imply what your sarcasm is subtly hinting at so I have to ask for you to stop that train of thought before you continue to enable the problem I initially referenced.

It's pretty simple in my eyes.

You don't make assumptions for a group of people of whom you aren't really associated with. That isnt to say, to ignore the voices of individual people, but what if out the whole japanese player base, the consensus is divided 33% a group between like/dislike/neither? You really can't do much about that and making a generalization in this scenario would be to make an extremely incorrect one because at least 66% percent would not really agree or would be impartial to said generalization.

UnLucky
Jul 4, 2014, 01:54 AM
I could imagine it's likely that good number of them befriended a lot of us

I wonder if some would feel upset that players are gone, and even want us back.
I think some JP's are glad that many foreigners are no longer able to in habit their Ships

I'm sure there are some JP's that like to interact with foreigners
I'm sure people that have gaijin in their friends list will be a little put out.

I've seen a little bit of everything

So yeah, mixed opinions
I got like 3 of my Japanese friends whispering me
The first few posts in this thread, in order.

So what was this in response to?

SLY_J
Jul 4, 2014, 02:34 AM

Actually, it's more along the lines of: "We can't know what everyone thinks, so we shouldn't care what some people think that they think, especially when half the replies are just going to be dissenters who don't think that they think what they think that they think." (I swear that sounded way less confusing in my head.^^;)

"It is the one's who stay silent who we need to hear." I agree, and that's kinda the problem: they're not talking. Everyone is arguing about whether or not Timmy has fallen into the well when Lassie isn't even barking to begin with. It's silly.

Shinamori
Jul 4, 2014, 02:46 AM
From what numerous people have told, the Japanese doesn't seem to care, or mind. For the most part. It's mostly the rude and the talking in all-chat-despite-being-on-the-same-team/party person.

NoiseHERO
Jul 4, 2014, 03:35 AM
Basically caring in this situation is over thinking something you lack the ability to change. Some people will always hate you, Some will love you, most will be indifferent. Regardless of race/culture, just hold your common sense close and go with the flow instead of trying to make everything black or white or right or wrong.

Not enough people hated you guys enough to get you IP banned a long time ago when it's even against the rules to be on their game, so there's that.

Zipzo
Jul 4, 2014, 03:43 AM
I'm going to be honest, there is a small minority of players who like the feeling of being on an "international" server of sorts (as in they find the presence of gaijin "neat" at best). A glaring majority don't care at all either way, and another minority think things would be better if you got wiped off the map (of PSO2).

This is indeed a minority though, and I can't say how that minority's opinion has changed due to all the nonsense that a number of those foreigners have committed (this DDOS being the last straw).

One thing's for sure, you'd better not be hoping the JP players will have anything to do with returning your ability to play again (given your ISP's don't eventually release whatever block they have in place currently).

Mysterious-G
Jul 4, 2014, 04:44 AM
Leaving aside the question of being loved or hated by the Japanese, I'd at least consider it common sense not to act like an obnoxious dimwit in front of a foreign audience on their own turf. But of course a good upbringing is not something everyone had the pleasure to enjoy.

To put it bluntly: Many B20ians are the same as Borat - if Borat actually was real.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 4, 2014, 04:59 AM
there will always be people who take there frustrations out on other people no matter how stupid the reason is
there will always be people who accept you as a person no matter where you live or what race you are
there will always be people who don't care about other peoples problems
you will find all 3 in every country i thought that would be common sense after all were all just human beings
that can never achieve perfection

Shadowth117
Jul 4, 2014, 05:06 AM
Leaving aside the question of being loved or hated by the Japanese, I'd at least consider it common sense not to act like an obnoxious dimwit in front of a foreign audience on their own turf. But of course a good upbringing is not something everyone had the pleasure to enjoy.

To put it bluntly: Many B20ians are the same as Borat - if Borat actually was real.

Please tell me we get a B20 version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtvYwtAz8OQ

SakoHaruo
Jul 4, 2014, 06:39 AM

I wish I could LIKE this post.

Shiyo
Jul 4, 2014, 09:47 AM
Game is tons better now, PUG group 3 run TD's, 2m falz losers, etc. Basically 0.1% chance of getting leeching idiots, it's great :)

The average player skill vastly increased.

Searaphim
Jul 4, 2014, 10:43 AM
BTW guys, keep in mind that we're all human beings and share very similar tendencies. I found Japanese threads about people wondering why foreigners were disappearing (Yes, some are bothered by it) and also other ones which were much more negative and nationalist such as "Let's keep this JP Only" and do you know what kind of reply they would get? Here's an example I've copied "さすがコミュ障オンライン". It's funny because we see that kind of comment even here. Yup, the Japanese are as human as we are :o

To end with a good tone, here's a sweet example of a situation in which both parties do not understand each other and can still enjoy playing together:
"緊急で野良入ったときに全員異国の人でさ。

一人先行で即2へ移動とか、MAP探索とか動きは出来てたし
ちゃんとHPゲージ見てて回復してくれたんで「thx arigatou」って言ったら
「 ^^ 」って日本風の顔文字で返してくれるの。
そんでクエ終わって「arigatou」って書いてくれたわけよ。

なんかこう、暖かい気分になったね。" It's basically a Japanese player talking about his/her experience with an English player in the MPA. When the English player got healed by the Japanese player he said "thx arigatou" and the Japanese player then replied with a typical "^^" and explains how something as simple as that gives a really warm feeling.

GHNeko
Jul 4, 2014, 11:02 AM
So what was this in response to?

It was aimed towards the general populace of the forums.

It wasn't exclusively aimed towards the people who've simply posted in this thread.

I thought it was implied that was what I was getting at.

I will admit, the catalyst were the few posts that were like, "JAPAN DOESNT LIKE FOREIGNERS BLARGHAKRE:ASKLAF:L"