PDA

View Full Version : Confusion @ Bumped PSU Blog

Xie the Avaricious
Jul 4, 2014, 04:23 AM
Earlier/Yesterday there was a post on the comments page at Bumped's PSU Blog. The confusion came from a person who was called "lol" and he claims that the Patch Team will stop working on the said patches.

This post has lead people to actually believe this and here is the exact message.
"This game is dead. http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/ Read it and weep, “The english patch team will stop working on it. I speak of the core english patch team at psumods.co.uk, who will likely no longer provide effort towards the patch. Aida may or may not continue working on things.” RIP PSO2"

Please can someone provide support about this and either confirm or deny the actual post. It is causing many people to loose their will and move over to the SEA version of the game which is far inferior.

The thread will be posted to bumped under the same username "Xie the Avaricious" so people can see if the allegations are either true or false.

ashley50
Jul 4, 2014, 04:25 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220428&highlight=fake

btw-Niji
Jul 4, 2014, 04:28 AM
Ya, it's fake.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 4, 2014, 04:29 AM
+^_^+

https://i.minus.com/irRSKuCTz3qqQ.png

ArataWata
Jul 4, 2014, 04:34 AM
Does this community believe everything people post?

Sheeesh.

Xie the Avaricious
Jul 4, 2014, 04:40 AM
It't not that I believed it, it's that the Bumped commenter's had a little dispute over it.

Z-0
Jul 4, 2014, 04:41 AM
I don't see why it would be fake. Raujinn is the writer of that blog, and he's part of the PSUmods time. I highly doubt he would lie.

Shadowth117
Jul 4, 2014, 05:00 AM
I don't see why it would be fake. Raujinn is the writer of that blog, and he's part of the PSUmods time. I highly doubt he would lie.

It just means one section of it might stop. As you can see in the picture, I was there talking to AIDA about the topic since it was of concern to a lot of my friends. They claimed that they all planned to continue with the patch for now. AIDA even claimed they would at least compile what they had of the patch to keep up with the updates if interest from the group as a whole was lost although it wouldn't be kept as up to date as before.

So its not like the English patch is just going to die. It may not end up worked on as much as before if this BS keeps up, but its not going to disappear.

Lostbob117
Jul 4, 2014, 05:20 AM
Likely Keyword guys.

SakoHaruo
Jul 4, 2014, 06:28 AM
Why exactly do you need the english patch team to continue supporting PSO2JP? To show that there's still some hope left? Wake up, son. This community is about to die and with or without the patch I'm pretty sure most of the remaining remnants know their way around the game by now and should be just fine.

Hope is not lost, but soon..... you will open your eyes to the truth.

Nials
Jul 4, 2014, 06:42 AM
Why exactly do you need the english patch team to continue supporting PSO2JP? To show that there's still some hope left? Wake up, son. This community is about to die and with or without the patch I'm pretty sure most of the remaining remnants know their way around the game by now and should be just fine.

Hope is not lost, but soon..... you will open your eyes to the truth.

We have made our ways around it yes, but with the continuation of new items that get added how aare we ment to know what's what? Well we could switch between certain wiki sites but that will take a lot of effort. And the truth? What's the truth there are so many places and community's that dont know what's going on? So what is the truth?

LonelyGaruga
Jul 4, 2014, 12:09 PM
This post has lead people to actually believe this and here is the exact message.
"This game is dead. http://pso2blog.wordpress.com/ Read it and weep, “The english patch team will stop working on it. I speak of the core english patch team at psumods.co.uk, who will likely no longer provide effort towards the patch. Aida may or may not continue working on things.” RIP PSO2"

You did read what was going on in those replies you spoke of, right? One person observed that the quote was taken out of context. What you have quoted was following a conditional statement, with the condition being if Sega has IP blocked everyone outside of Japan. The blog post in no way confirmed anything.

AIDA
Jul 4, 2014, 01:03 PM
To clarify, I was asked whether the EN patch would continue to be updated if we got IP banned completely. It's up to Agrajag - It's really his baby. However, if he (and his team) no longer wish to work on it, I can update the patch as well. (Just don't expect a lot of new content to be translated as fast, they have the mighty EspioKaos and Mewn on their team). So there's nothing to worry about~

To further clarify, the Arks-Layer team (Myself and the others who work on the story patch and such) are in complete control of the item patch/story patch/Tweaker/etc, so there's no chance those will be abandonded.

Oh, and the blog is run by Rauijin (I just know I'm spelling that wrong), who is part of the PSUMods team. I won't disclose individual decisions, but the majority of the PSUMods team decided that if they were IP banned, they would not continue working on the patch. HOWEVER, do not panic, read the above quote instead.

Rotek
Jul 4, 2014, 01:21 PM
It's not fake. It's his prediction of what is to come "If it is indeed permanent".