PDA

View Full Version : Asked SEGA politely in JP to remove specific IP block: "service is Japan only".

TaigaUC
Jul 4, 2014, 05:15 AM
Starting a new topic for sake of easier reading.
I politely asked SEGA to remove the block on my IP. I didn't tell them I was a foreigner, I just pasted the IP.

This is what they said:

平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき誠にありがとうございます。

恐れ入りますが、日本でサービスを行っている『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に関しましては、日本国内 からのご利用に限らせていただいております。

下記に、日本国外からのご利用に関する利用規約を掲載させていただいておりますので、ご確認く ださい。

Exactly as expected.

What to take out of this?
- They didn't deny the block.
- Zero support if you live outside Japan.
- They will check the location of IPs when you request a block to be removed, which suggests they're well aware that they're blocking outsiders.

ArataWata
Jul 4, 2014, 05:16 AM
And your point is?

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 4, 2014, 05:38 AM
Yup i doubt they would be fixing anything except fixing the Japanese connection problems in Japan. Sadly i think they have IP blocked us for a reason, because we weren't allowed to be playing on that server in the first place, but i still have hope, they could possibly take the block off once they realize that the game is dead. And it sounds like it is, Japan is a big country but the world made up a majority of the population of PSO2. But thats just me speculating. Who knows really...

Chik'Tikka
Jul 4, 2014, 05:48 AM
Yup i doubt they would be fixing anything except fixing the Japanese connection problems in Japan. Sadly i think they have IP blocked us for a reason, because we weren't allowed to be playing on that server in the first place, but i still have hope, they could possibly take the block off once they realize that the game is dead. And it sounds like it is, Japan is a big country but the world made up a majority of the population of PSO2. But thats just me speculating. Who knows really...

more like just ship 2, here's the current population as of like 1 or 2 am cst.this was like an hour and a half before TD1 so pop could only have gone up during TD1+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.minus.com/ilFvc8LOgPyAU.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.minus.com/iAvTQgDGV8HNb.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.minus.com/iTk8pJMEB9PF6.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

90% of the foreign community was solely on ship2, the other ships likely don't even notice we're gone, except for chatter how ship 2 and 8 will lose the tourny+^_^+

EDIT: relized those don't have time stamp, here's one for like right now i just took+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.minus.com/iJVRq9SOdkLKY.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Jul 4, 2014, 05:51 AM
It'd be really sad if winning the tournament was the DDoSer's true goal.

SilkaN
Jul 4, 2014, 05:56 AM
SEGA's next big campaign will include leading more new JP players to Ship 02.

I can already see it:
"Anyone (except lower race gaijins) who creates a new character on (the now empty) Ship 02 will receive EXP, rare and meseta boosts for the first 10 days! Help us populate the Ship!"

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 06:04 AM
Oh, breaking news: PSO2 is a strictly Japanese service!

Seriously, what did you expect? This had been their only response to anything gaijin-related since the dawn of time.

landman
Jul 4, 2014, 06:43 AM
Ship 2 is not that empty at Japanese peak times. And after the maintenance and AC update it was as populated as other updates.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 07:07 AM
It's a sad when company in Japan still acts like a bunch of xenophobic dicks in 2014.

Yamishi
Jul 4, 2014, 07:13 AM
Oh, breaking news: PSO2 is a strictly Japanese service!

Seriously, what did you expect? This had been their only response to anything gaijin-related since the dawn of time.

Basically, this.

Sega uses this response as their default reply when baka gaijin try to get help.

Sparzyle
Jul 4, 2014, 07:17 AM
Sega Xenophobic? wut

I think they just want to focus on their main and server directioned player-base, I mean, if they made Jp servers international they would displease some of their customers.

SonicFreak94
Jul 4, 2014, 07:19 AM
It's a sad when company in Japan still acts like a bunch of xenophobic dicks in 2014.

I'd say that's an unfair accusation. Take the following into consideration:

The game is largely translated due to fan efforts. Now let's pretend for a moment that there was no "Japanese only" bit in the user agreement, and Sega of Japan was for whatever reason hosting the only servers. Imagine how unplayable that would be.

I say it would be unplayable because it would attract a lot more people who take the user agreement as it is now more seriously. It's pretty unlikely that it has anything to do with xenophobia. It's a matter of playability, player management, and communication (both between users and the management).

To be fair, that part of the user agreement wasn't there at one point, I'm sure some will be quick to mention. But the game was in a far less translated state than it is now, and thus a lot less daunting to those initially holding off on playing. You know, because they're waiting for that localization that was said to be playable about a year ago.

Edit: And to clarify, the unplayability I refer to would likely be lag.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 07:25 AM
They don't want to focus on their "main" playerbase. They want to focus on their only playerbase, because, once again, PSO2 is a Japanese service. This has nothing to do with xenophobia, it's just business.

Meyfei
Jul 4, 2014, 07:33 AM

[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/9WrYt/7fe0143285.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

xllakallx
Jul 4, 2014, 07:43 AM
I donno about you guys but if I were to run an online game for business, I would never want customers who can't speak to me or my staff in a language both sides can understand, for obvious reasons.

1. Customer service will be a hassle. It would be extremely difficult to deal with/help people who cannot understand your language.

2. You are very unlikely to buy purchasable items to support my game.

3. Assuming the above two points are to be true: Even though you contribute much less than the community that understands the language, you take up just as much bandwidth and server space or whatever you would like to call it as any other player.

4. If you do something illegal it will be very difficult (impossible) to track you down to hold you responsible for your actions like what happened with the China-men.

And besides, I thought you guys had all of this figured out and it had to do with all of our ISP's backbone or something and we just had to wait it out...? Or has there been new bad news to tell me that I will just have to play LoL for at least the rest of the year...? Sigh... I hope the DDoS'ers will experience the pain and suffering of losing our waifu's... BY LOSING THEIR'S IN REAL LIFE.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 07:50 AM
And besides, I thought you guys had all of this figured out and it had to do with all of our ISP's backbone or something and we just had to wait it out...? Or has there been new bad news to tell me that I will just have to play LoL for at least the rest of the year...? Sigh... I hope the DDoS'ers will experience the pain and suffering of losing our waifu's... BY LOSING THEIR'S IN REAL LIFE.
We never had this figured out. We had a few theories, but nothing that could be considered a solid proof. Some retards thought that their favorite theory will gain some ground and become more real if they call anything they disagree with "panic" and "fear mongering". I don't think it worked, though, since IP block is still one of the most likely reasons behind the current situation, whereas the idea of Comcast blocking the entire world from playing PSO2 isn't supported by as many people as before.

Waiting it out is still the only solution that doesn't involve VPNs, since, well, we don't have anything else to suggest. Even then, though, there is no guarantee that it will work, nor there ever was.

TaigaUC
Jul 4, 2014, 08:18 AM
Like I said, I didn't tell them I was a foreigner, and I sent the inquiry from a Japanese IP address.
That means either my Japanese was terrible (which I doubt), or they bothered to confirm that the IP I listed as receiving errors 249 or 107 isn't located in Japan.

Anyway, I didn't see anyone paste a reply anywhere else (too many threads), and I don't know if they also inquired under the same circumstances I did.
So this is just another example to take into consideration. At least, for whoever the information is useful to.
Honestly... It's pretty obvious why Westerners get blocked, from some of the responses in these threads.
But hey, I was warned by longtime PSO players that PSO-World is full of assholes, so nothing surprising there.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 08:22 AM
...Or it could mean that they deny working with foreigners, which, by the way, they are not allowed to do.

Stickboy
Jul 4, 2014, 08:37 AM
finally B20 died
but most of them have spread outside of B20 already

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 08:40 AM
Oh come on guys, how is this different than a Japanese store not allowing outsiders to come in and shop (and yes, these do exist)?

Sychosis
Jul 4, 2014, 08:45 AM
I have a feeling if you asked SEGA what the current time was in New York City, you would get the same response.

Maenara
Jul 4, 2014, 08:46 AM
What to take out of this?
- They didn't deny the block.
- Zero support if you live outside Japan.
- They will check the location of IPs when you request a block to be removed, which suggests they're well aware that they're blocking outsiders.

- They've seen enough Japan IPs to know when an IP is not from Japan in the first couple numbers.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 08:50 AM
Oh come on guys, how is this different than a Japanese store not allowing outsiders to come in and shop (and yes, these do exist)?
If a shop is not legally allowed to service you in the first place, yet still tolerates you for 2 years, then, yes, the analogy is perfect.

Searaphim
Jul 4, 2014, 08:54 AM
Nothing new here, it's always been the same reply as soon as they know it's from outside of japan. They simply don't provide any customer services to foreigners.

If you want a different response ask a japanese person to ask in your stead.

Maenara
Jul 4, 2014, 09:22 AM
Nothing new here, it's always been the same reply as soon as they know it's from outside of japan. They simply don't provide any customer services to foreigners.

If you want a different response ask a japanese person to ask in your stead.

Get your logic out of here.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 09:23 AM
If a shop is not legally allowed to service you in the first place, yet still tolerates you for 2 years, then, yes, the analogy is perfect.

It's not a question about legality, it's a question of being xenophobe. If a Japanese company is refusing business from an outsider because it thinks that their Japanese consumers will be bothered by them based on stereo types, then my friend, this is the definition of being xenophobic, or racist at worst. It's perfectly legal to act this way in Japan, but it doesn't make it right and it's one of the many reasons to never move to Japan.

Mysterious-G
Jul 4, 2014, 09:28 AM
Get your logic out of here.

Doubt the response would be any different though? It's not like their response was rude like the OP seems to imply, and unless the person asking being a Japanese citizen would for whatever reason give them any incentive to unblock a foreign IP (why?), I can't see what would make it any different.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 09:34 AM
It's not a question about legality, it's a question of being xenophobe. If a Japanese company is refusing business from an outsider because it thinks that their Japanese consumers will be bothered by them based on stereo types, then my friend, this is the definition of being xenophobic, or racist at worst.
And where did you get the idea that Sega is doing that?

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 09:45 AM
And where did you get the idea that Sega is doing that?

In their terms of services.

Ordy
Jul 4, 2014, 09:47 AM
1. Give them an IP and ask for help. They'll do an IP address lookup to find your ISP. Oh shit, the ISP isn't in Japan. Are they really going to contact some randomgaijin ISP to help a customer that probably isn't even japanese? No, they won't.

2. Focus a service on a country is not about being xenophobic, it's a fucking marketing strategy, get a clue psow. You can argue about SEGA's marketing strategies, but it has nothing to do with racism in Japan.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 09:49 AM
In their terms of services.
Forbidding people whom are they not allowed to provide service to to play the game is "xenophobic"? Excuse me, are you racist for not being allowed to trade with Iranians, for example?

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 10:01 AM
And I'll repeat myself "It's perfectly legal to act this way in Japan, but it doesn't make it right " and yes, saying "I am refusing your business because I don't want my local customers to be bothered by you even if I don't know you personally and can't say for sure that you would bother them" is the fundamental aspects of discrimination AKA: Xenophobia.

Defend Japaneses all you want, but even people who immigrated and lived there for over a decade will tell you that they're still considered to be outsiders, which is legal but still wrong in a modern day society.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 10:03 AM
...You don't know how licensing works, do you?

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2014, 10:09 AM
And I'll repeat myself "It's perfectly legal to act this way in Japan, but it doesn't make it right " and yes, saying "I am refusing your business because I don't want my local customers to be bothered by you even if I don't know you personally and can't say for sure that you would bother them" is the fundamental aspects of discrimination AKA: Xenophobia.

Defend Japaneses all you want, but even people who immigrated and lived there for over a decade will tell you that they're still considered to be outsiders, which is legal but still wrong in a modern day society.

The thing is, you'll find this in every area that isn't sufficiently diversified. Despite being the alleged melting pot of the world, you'll also get this exact treatment in most parts of the United States if you don't look like the major local group. The difference in the US is the "major local group" changes depending on where you are. It's not limited to any particular race, or even country of origin within people of the same ethnicity, either. You haven't seen rage until you've seen a Cuban and a Puerto Rican get into a tussle (see: stabbing eachother with high heel shoes) because they're both displaying their home country's flags.

People just harbor a disdain for anything or anyone that's different. In all honesty, if different people are the norm then "different" starts to be normal, and treating different people with respect starts to be as normal as treating similar people with respect. "Different" becomes part of the comfort zone. Which, I think, is the ultimate goal, but not a feasibly reachable one for every nook and cranny of every society.

Ordy
Jul 4, 2014, 10:11 AM

Or it would be too much work for their staff to handle all the foreigners?

No JP only in ToS? here is what will happen

"hey Sega,
I can't speak japanese, so I'll write my mail in english. I'm a customer, so help me, I can't connect
thx"

Turns out most of the SEGA front line operators don't know shit about english like lots of japanese. Cool, let's fire them all and recruit more competent employees.

Bad Marketing Strategy - 101

Meyfei
Jul 4, 2014, 10:32 AM
The thing is, you'll find this in every area that isn't sufficiently diversified. Despite being the alleged melting pot of the world, you'll also get this exact treatment in most parts of the United States if you don't look like the major local group. The difference in the US is the "major local group" changes depending on where you are. It's not limited to any particular race, or even country of origin within people of the same ethnicity, either. You haven't seen rage until you've seen a Cuban and a Puerto Rican get into a tussle (see: stabbing eachother with high heel shoes) because they're both displaying their home country's flags.

People just harbor a disdain for anything or anyone that's different. In all honesty, if different people are the norm then "different" starts to be normal, and treating different people with respect starts to be as normal as treating similar people with respect. "Different" becomes part of the comfort zone. Which, I think, is the ultimate goal, but not a feasibly reachable one for every nook and cranny of every society.

I wish we could meet a more civilized way of accepting differences. I accept everyone, Its not hard, its a matter of keeping opinions to yourself, let people be who they are, and if they crank your knob the wrong way- and it takes a lot for me, ditch em.

That being said Gigawuts, I totally agree with what you wrote.
I love you ;~;

Jazneo
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 AM
Mostly like not remove they might just leave in Japanese ip only because they dont want to deal with other DDos attack

Alucard V
Jul 4, 2014, 10:54 AM
It's safe to say that the over-all blame falls on Sega of Japan for mishandling the situation as a whole. Before the game was even launched there were a lot of promises being made Global Support being one of them. You can look back on PSO-World's "More PSO2 Details Translated from Sega Teaser Video" article to see just how far we came and how far we fell.

It's wouldn't be a thing if SoJ held up their end of the burgen. But bad choices just seem to be part of Sega's legacy Sonic 06 is more then proof of that.

Searaphim
Jul 4, 2014, 10:57 AM
Doubt the response would be any different though? It's not like their response was rude like the OP seems to imply, and unless the person asking being a Japanese citizen would for whatever reason give them any incentive to unblock a foreign IP (why?), I can't see what would make it any different.

And why not? We can't really know for sure until we try.. So far I've only seen the same results over and over (from outside japan). And as for the [why would a japanese person give any incentive to unblock a foreign IP] part, if you didn't know already, a bunch of us foreigners have friends from Japan.

Jazneo
Jul 4, 2014, 11:00 AM
It's safe to say that the over-all blame falls on Sega of Japan for mishandling the situation as a whole. Before the game was even launched there were a lot of promises being made Global Support being one of them. You can look back on PSO-World's "More PSO2 Details Translated from Sega Teaser Video" article to see just how far we came and how far we fell.

It's wouldn't be a thing if SoJ held up their end of the burgen. But bad choices just seem to be part of Sega's legacy Sonic 06 is more then proof of that.

It not the first time they made False statment remember Dreamcast PSO trailer. they said you can play with the whole world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fXDbyttP-k

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 11:04 AM
And why not? We can't really know for sure until we try.. So far I've only seen the same results over and over (from outside japan). And as for the [why would a japanese person give any incentive to unblock a foreign IP] part, if you didn't know already, a bunch of us foreigners have friends from Japan.
What does having foreign friends have to do with the fact that Sega, plain and simple, does not provide the PSO2 service outside of Japan, as they have been saying for two years now?

Ordy
Jul 4, 2014, 11:06 AM
It doesn't matter if you are from japan or not, Sega isn't going to deal with ISP's outside Japan.

If a Japanese moved to New York and asked them to unblock a US IP, I'm sure they wouldn't give a positive answer either.

Edit: Sp-24 ftl

Yden
Jul 4, 2014, 11:28 AM

It's not an issue of xenophobia. It's an issue of regulations outside of Japan. If they suddenly announce they're turning the servers global, that means they're now privy to whatever extra regulations in the additional countries and possibly any taxes involved with doing business with them. For example, Korea has strict laws that force online games to have some sort of system that limit playtime because of gamer addiction. If the server was global, they'd need to implement some sort of system into PSO2 to do so else they'd risk major fines. Also as others have mentioned, the support staff would have to have people who can communicate in gauges other than Japanese. It's not even an issue of only getting English speakers, they'd also need at least Spanish and German as seen by the different language support in tweaker. All these added costs doesn't mean that they'd get enough extra profit so it's a hell of a lot easier to license out the game to different regions and have whatever company there be responsible for all this stuff.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 11:30 AM
...You don't know how licensing works, do you?

Yes I do, do you know how free trade works? Funimation may own the rights to Attack on Titan in North America, but I am still able to freely import the original Japanese version of the anime on a Blu-Ray discs on play them on my PS3.

SEGA is in no way obligated to restrict PSO2 to Japanese IP addresses due to some licensing agreement made with 3rd parties by seeing their stuff in the lobbies, just like there's nothing preventing us to see that same stuff if we go visit Japan. The Internet is open and free for a reason.

Searaphim
Jul 4, 2014, 11:32 AM
What does having foreign friends have to do with the fact that Sega, plain and simple, does not provide the PSO2 service outside of Japan, as they have been saying for two years now?

There's a clear misunderstanding there, I didn't mean that it would affect the result in a positive or negative sense. What I meant is that maybe if it were someone who lives in japan who sends a message maybe the response itself would have been different, like the way its sentenced, if they go deeper in details or whatever. I was just wondering if we would see a difference in "any form" possible.

Macman
Jul 4, 2014, 11:34 AM
OP you got what is most likely a canned response. Don't take it too literal.

Zipzo
Jul 4, 2014, 11:49 AM
Yes I do, do you know how free trade works? Funimation may own the rights to Attack on Titan in North America, but I am still able to freely import the original Japanese version of the anime on a Blu-Ray discs on play them on my PS3.

SEGA is in no way obligated to restrict PSO2 to Japanese IP addresses due to some licensing agreement made with 3rd parties by seeing their stuff in the lobbies, just like there's nothing preventing us to see that same stuff if we go visit Japan. The Internet is open and free for a reason.

You know very little about how the world works, that much is apparent.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 11:55 AM

Yes, you can import the disks. And, if you have a complaint with them, you can take that complaint to whatever internet shop you imported them with. But, if it turns out that the problem was not the shop's fault, but was, instead, the Japanese publisher's responsibility, you can't take it to them without going to Japan, because, guess what? The Japanese publisher does not offer its service outside of Japan! Should have bought from FUNimation if you expected customer support!

The licensing laws exist EXACTLY because the internet is "open and free". Too much so, in fact. And Sega has every reason to put as many foreign IP blocks as they want, considering that, once again, they are literally forbidden to even deal with foreigners.

You know very little about how the world works, that much is apparent.
^

jooozek
Jul 4, 2014, 11:56 AM
today you learn that xeno's full name is xeno phobe

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 12:14 PM
Yes, you can import the disks. And, if you have a complaint with them, you can take that complaint to whatever internet shop you imported them with. But, if it turns out that the problem was not the shop's fault, but was, instead, the Japanese publisher's responsibility, you can't take it to them without going to Japan, because, guess what? The Japanese publisher does not offer its service outside of Japan! Should have bought from FUNimation if you expected customer support!

That we agree on

The licensing laws exist EXACTLY because the internet is "open and free". Too much so, in fact. And Sega has every reason to put as many foreign IP blocks as they want, considering that, once again, they are literally forbidden to even deal with foreigners.
^

Their agreement is to keep the licence content on Japanese grounds, if outsiders are able to view that content somehow (online or if they visit Japan) is not their problem. If it was a problem, they would have put restrictions 2 years ago, not now after a DDOS attack. They just panic thinking that the problem was from outside of Japan, thinking that they can just prevent another one by blocking the rest of the world.

Noc Codez
Jul 4, 2014, 12:20 PM
It's time to face the fact that we are on borrowed time at this point. I have a feeling that this will be permanent. TWC enjoy your time on PSO2 because I'm calling it now after next Maint everyone outside of JP will be IP blocked.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 12:25 PM
Their agreement is to keep the licence content on Japanese grounds, if outsiders are able to view that content somehow (online or if they visit Japan) is not their problem. If it was a problem, they would have put restrictions 2 years ago, not now after a DDOS attack. They just panic thinking that the problem was from outside of Japan, thinking that they can just prevent another one by blocking the rest of the world.
That's why they didn't put any IP blocks until a DDoS happened. It's a part of their "investigation", not an excuse to ban every gaijin in sight. However, that investigation may reveal that, if you limit exposure by restricting access, there may be less places for a future attack to come from.

Again, this isn't racism or xenophobia. It's acting within their given rights in their own interest. Yes, it may come off as an asshole behavior, but so is acting entitled to something that can put Sega in legal trouble, and I don't see many people complaining about that.

It's time to face the fact that we are on borrowed time at this point. I have a feeling that this will be permanent. TWC enjoy your time on PSO2 because I'm calling it now after next Maint everyone outside of JP will be IP blocked.
I was unblocked after this mantenance, too, though. Who knows how will this play out.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 12:50 PM
That's why they didn't put any IP blocks until a DDoS happened. It's a part of their "investigation", not an excuse to ban every gaijin in sight. However, that investigation may reveal that, if you limit exposure by restricting access, there may be less places for a future attack to come from.

Again, this isn't racism or xenophobia. It's acting within their given rights in their own interest. Yes, it may come off as an asshole behavior, but so is acting entitled to something that can put Sega in legal trouble, and I don't see many people complaining about that.

Sorry, but saying in your terms of service that if you're not in Japan, you're not welcomed (which let's face, it's what they mean) is part of the Japanese xenophobia that we all know and hate.

Also, they don't know where the DDOS came from, it could be from Japan itself. It could simply be a Japanese MMO competitor in Japan, heck could be even be a setup by a Japanese PSO2 player to get outsiders banned, we don't know.

Sp-24
Jul 4, 2014, 12:54 PM
Sorry, but saying in your terms of service that if you're not in Japan, you're not welcomed (which let's face, it's what they mean) is part of the Japanese xenophobia that we all know and hate.
Maybe I should have asked this two pages earlier, before fruitlessly trying to explain things that should be common sense, but are you for real now? Because I shouldn't continue this conversation in either case, but holy shit, you better choose the correct answer.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 01:31 PM
Welp....guess time to find something else to do....since we no longer have any love from them anymore :P

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 01:47 PM

Now you're being delusional, after people told you multiple times 'it's in the best interest of their company.

+lower chance of future attacks
+don't have to worry about legal trouble
-time, and resources used to do this
-potential profits from what few paying foreign players there are

It's a dick move, but xenophobia is not the driving reason. Get that through your head.

Anyway... if I do follow up on one of those methods to log in despite all this, I'm likely only playing as long as we're getting updated translations.
I will not play a western version of PSO2 unless it's damn-near up-to-date, which is likely part of the reason SoJ has a hard time finding a publisher over here that isn't already aware of how small, and jaded our community is with anything less than what JP PSO2 had to offer. Anyone in the west who truly wanted to play PSO2 was most likely playing up til now, which isn't as much as you think.

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 01:50 PM
If "acting in your own interests" can only be accomplished through racist behavior, then your "interests" are racist, and you are therefore racist.

The governments of the Southern United States probably thought they were "acting in their own interests" when they heavily enforced segregation laws prior to the 1960s. EVERYONE NOW AGREES this was racist.

Certain behaviors transcend time and space, and cannot be defended by expendable, man-made, and ERRONEOUS regulations.

martinmeegan
Jul 4, 2014, 01:50 PM
Uuuuuuum, how is stopping people from playing a computer game and denying a whole group of people their civil liberties through, fear, violence and intimidation even remotely similar? Get a grip.:-o

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 01:51 PM
The driving principle behind the action is the same. Learn to compare without considering magnitude.

You're a rational being with the capability of abstract thought. Use it.

FantasyHeaven
Jul 4, 2014, 01:52 PM
Welp....guess time to find something else to do....since we no longer have any love from them anymore :P
there was none in the first place
can't wait for them to get ddos'd again though. just to see how much good that ip block did them.

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 01:53 PM
I am never purchasing another Sega product.

I know one person doesn't make much of a difference, but I can't support a company that won't give me the products I want.

Aine
Jul 4, 2014, 01:54 PM
Recall that clause was only added to the ToS after foreigners hacked the server and moved NPCs around. So it's not based on a stereotype, it's a response to foreigners actually inconveniencing Japanese players. Even then they didn't block foreigners until the DDoS, and it's not like they needed an excuse.

メグスノ
Jul 4, 2014, 01:55 PM
Now you're being delusional, after people told you multiple times 'it's in the best interest of their company.

+lower chance of future attacks
+don't have to worry about legal trouble
-time, and resources used to do this
-potential profits from what few paying foreign players there are

It's a dick move, but xenophobia is not the driving reason. Get that through your head.

This, this so much. I honestly don't think it's SEGA being xenophobic. Yes, SEGA makes dumb decisions more often than people would like, but it's already been stated that they're literally not allowed to provide their service outside of Japan.

But then that leads to some confusion, where Sakai stated that an IP ban wouldn't wouldn't be an effective countermeasure to a DDoS attack. That's the one issue that's been on my mind.

I'm starting to INVOLUNTARILY become racist towards Japanese people now. They're small, sleek, and smart, and they probably think we're just a bunch of fat, loud idiots. I almost find myself hating them now. I was a good person before, and their actions toward me have made me worse.

You have to consider that there's always a loud minority that overshadows pretty much everyone else(B20). I wouldn't be surprised if the impression people received from a few would affect their outlook on the rest. It's kind of dumb, but that's how it is usually.

metatime
Jul 4, 2014, 01:59 PM

Also, they don't know where the DDOS came from, it could be from Japan itself. It could simply be a Japanese MMO competitor in Japan, heck could be even be a setup by a Japanese PSO2 player to get outsiders banned, we don't know.

See? You don't even know where the DDOS attacks are coming from. If the attacks are happening from inside, the JP authorities have jurisdiction within their country to investigate.

If it's happening outside (which it is) it requires collaboration and following policy to that country which takes forever most times.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 01:59 PM
Lumping everyone together for the actions of a few is the exact definition of racism.

I'm starting to INVOLUNTARILY become racist towards Japanese people now. They're small, sleek, and smart, and they probably think we're just a bunch of fat, loud idiots. I almost find myself hating them now. I was a good person before, and their actions toward me have made me worse. Turning the other cheek here won't change a thing, because they'll always think we're big, dumb idiots.

I guess, having once consorted with Hitler, we gave them too much credit.

And, I thought your posts for the past page in a half were painful to read...

You're just an ass.

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 02:00 PM
Oh, I'm an ass?

Did I team up with Hitler to try to invade the world? Did I make the first racist move?

No.

I didn't become bitter until THEY WRONGED ME.

I'm lashing out with hate because my favorite activity has been taken away from me. There's no way to resolve this other than "move on," which involves the acceptance that everything I did up until this point was for NOTHING, and that I have to start all over. I am VERY upset. I want to punch someone.

Maybe a bunch of you can act all apathetic toward this, but I can't. I feel like a bunch of people, who wrongly pegged me as a buffoon, have cast me out of their community. This is very embittering.

They should not banish us after investing this much time in the game. It's just not right. They never should have allowed us to play in the first place. That would have been better.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 02:01 PM
there was none in the first place
can't wait for them to get ddos'd again though. just to see how much good that ip block did them.

I wouldnt say all that.

It just saddens me I "might" be no longer able to play the current Phantasy Star Game
Which i've been around since PSO on GC...

Very saddening....

guess we'll see where it goes....

BIG OLAF
Jul 4, 2014, 02:03 PM

And, I thought your posts for the past page in a half were painful to read...

You're just an ass.

At this point he's just trying to shock-jock. Don't humor him.

Sychosis
Waifu loss has reached critical mass. Logic systems failing. Initializing fullretard.exe

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oh, I'm an ass?

Did I team up with Hitler to try to invade the world? Did I make the first racist move?

No.

You're trying way too hard to troll right now, and that's me giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you're not, maybe you should stay in a place where people dismiss you and your opinions, like these forums.

martinmeegan
Jul 4, 2014, 02:04 PM
lol, you're actually hilarious in a weird scary kind of way. If this game really means this much to you then I feel for you, I really do.

Walkure
Jul 4, 2014, 02:06 PM
It's amazing; every time I check back here, the titles of the threads change, but the topics are about the same!

How do you do it, guys?

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 02:07 PM
I followed the development of PSO2 for years, and I've always loved the franchise. Maybe you think it's sad to love a game this much, but I don't like starting over and "knowing nothing" about games. It's a difficult transition for me. Now I'll have to do that.

the_importer_
Jul 4, 2014, 02:07 PM
Maybe I should have asked this two pages earlier, before fruitlessly trying to explain things that should be common sense, but are you for real now? Because I shouldn't continue this conversation in either case, but holy shit, you better choose the correct answer.

Sorry, did I give you the impression that I gave a damn about talking with you, cause I don't. If you don't want to continue this, then stop replying.

martinmeegan
Jul 4, 2014, 02:08 PM
"It's amazing; every time I check back here, the titles of the threads change, but the topics are about the same!

How do you do it, guys?"

It's brilliant isn't it? It's the most entertaining this place has ever been. It does however make me seriously worry about the 12-20 somethings.

Terrence
Jul 4, 2014, 02:15 PM
We have always been a lower race for those fuckers. And even if I can still connect to PSO2, I don't agree with the way those morons consider foreign people. I think we should have seen that coming. Assholes are assholes.

Lashette
ok since clearly people don't know how to look up past information about the ToS, here's a little something taken from Sakai's blog when they made changes to the ToS. I can't read Japanese so you all are gonna have to take it for what it is.

"■ Notice of revised Terms of Use http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=293 It is a clause that has been added this time, but the service only in Japan has become a principle "PSO2", for overseas It becomes the services not covered in principle. There was a description of similar terms α test, β test of time, but is it in form to put it back. International service, so we are scheduled separately, the Company believes to be able to enjoy over there for the "PSO2". It was announced the other day, but we plan to start the service from 2013 in North America, Europe. The service in Asia will also be considering separately. I believe everyone of overseas players assume that you enjoy the service in their respective regions. You will have to come up on this idea, and I am allowed to specify again. In addition, measures of this time, is also the order For ease of measures against illegal some players. Most of them is due to the connection from overseas player to do unfortunately fraud. Also extraordinary maintenance of today, support for the malicious acts of fraud some players were included. Because it is determined that urgency, and it was with that I am sorry, I am allowed to carry out extraordinary maintenance. We also believe that for everyone of the player is connected from good overseas, for those who are already promoting the play often, if you do not want to cut off the connection as much as possible. However, an illegal situation with a focus on from abroad is carried out in the future if you keep, you can not but take a more stringent means. I think for the cruel injustice some players, Terms This change is intended to protect the comfortable environment of your players, and if you can understand if the Hon'idehanai thing as us. For credit card currently issued abroad to purchase AC already, I am no longer able to use basically. This is also a measure against unauthorized some players. Of course, we are continuously carried out in the future measures against unauthorized or player misconduct. For fraud, everyone also thank you to report support of Navi from "malicious user report" upon discovery. In order to eliminate illegal player, to protect a comfortable play environment of everyone, I intend to go corresponding measures in the future, thank you for your understanding and cooperation please. "

There is nothing Xenophobic about protecting your region's player base. Also gonna pin this up here as to why Sega wanted to start localizing PSO2 in other regions. This was taken from an interview with Sakai and posted on bumped.org "Since the laws of handling cash items is different in each country, it’s difficult for them to have everyone share the same server."

Dark Emerald EXE
Really Im not putting into "too" much thought about it.

Will I be sad i can't play by normal means? Of course but i won't hate sega because of it...

Do I believe they're banning people outside of Japan? No...Otherwise you wouldn't see people (for those who can) play in the US through their ISP in legitimate means...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 02:16 PM
I followed the development of PSO2 for years, and I've always loved the franchise. Maybe you think it's sad to love a game this much, but I don't like starting over and "knowing nothing" about games. It's a difficult transition for me. Now I'll have to do that.

I have been playing for 1.5 years, with a stupid amount of hours in my characters, and I'm not looking forward to a local publisher mishandling the game when our standards for content are as high as what the Japanese version has now, but coloring the cause as racism, xenophobia, etc isn't doing anything for anybody, even if you just want to rant.

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 02:16 PM
Then why the fuck haven't they released this game in the US / Europe yet?

Because they're lazy racists.

Oh, and enjoy that Lv. 40 cap and 3 areas when it releases here. They'll probably also reduce the difficulty so that us "slow Americans" with our "fat, stupid fingers" can beat the game.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 02:21 PM
We have always been a lower race for those fuckers. And even if I can still connect to PSO2, I don't agree with the way those morons consider foreign people. I think we should have seen that coming. Assholes are assholes.

You're stereotyping an entire race of people because of the few within their race that stereotype/look down on foreigners.

*facepalm* future society is pretty fucked if there is as many people out there as I think there are that think like you.

As long as I've been posting here, I never thought the community on these forums was this bad til now.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 02:22 PM

Oh, and enjoy that Lv. 40 cap and 3 areas when it releases here. They'll probably also reduce the difficulty so that us "slow Americans" with our "fat, stupid fingers" can beat the game.

This sounds awfully like with PSU and what people where saying about contents...

And since then I still feel what SOJ does has nothing to with what SOA does...

Unless I'm incorrect then by all means lol

martinmeegan
Jul 4, 2014, 02:23 PM

C'mon, just tell us. The thing in the spoiler box, that was written by you wasn't it?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/19642000/ngbbs4a68e667721de.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lashette
Jul 4, 2014, 02:23 PM
the game is delayed because SoA can't get their shit together.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 02:24 PM
And since then I still feel what SOJ does has nothing to with what SOA does...

SoJ didn't tell SoA to stagger content so bad that it wasn't up to date by the time service stopped. SoJ has nothing to gain from doing so.

I'm just going to get whatever laugh I can out of watching the start of this world burning.

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2Fb200cf11da03c5f b0a57ebc86e1f29fd%2Ftumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rg p.gif&t=541&c=bWoiO54TslU6Wg

Keep going.

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 02:26 PM
SoA probably doesn't have their shit together because they're given inadequate resources from their racist parent company.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 02:27 PM
C'mon, just tell us. The thing in the spoiler box, that was written by you wasn't it?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/19642000/ngbbs4a68e667721de.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You have officially made me laugh today with your comeback LMAO!!!!

You've won the internet

[SPOILER-BOX]http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=162641&d=1389052615[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lashette
Jul 4, 2014, 02:29 PM
SoA probably doesn't have their shit together because they're given inadequate resources from their racist parent company.

Perhaps you should look up the history of SoA.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 02:31 PM
SoJ didn't tell SoA to stagger content so bad that it wasn't up to date by the time service stopped. SoJ has nothing to gain from doing so.

And I agree.

I recall back then when content was super late for SOA...people used to blame SOJ all the time...

The world we live in smh.

I'm just being optimistic and waiting to see what the outcome is :)

Velad
Jul 4, 2014, 02:31 PM
To be quite frank, I kinda wish they'd simply license it out to an reputable NA/EU publisher. At least that way the game would be released in a timely manner. Also from a content perspective we wouldn't be so far behind cause said publisher would be continuously working on "localizing" content. Such an arrangement would also be profitable to SEGA.

I greatly enjoy the game, and it sucks not being able to play. At the same time, I'd rather not have a PSO2 version that will be incredibly slow when it comes to content updates.

Chigun
Jul 4, 2014, 02:32 PM
I love the people defending sega as they repeatedly stick it up foreigners' arse. Masochists, the lot of ya.

But, hey, a line in a ToS no one reads justifies all!!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 02:38 PM
I love the people defending sega as they repeatedly stick it up foreigners' arse. Masochists, the lot of ya.

But, hey, a line in a ToS no one reads justifies all!!

Oh, sorry for looking at SEGA as a company, and as such their reason for existing, and top priorities would be:

-making money
-not getting in legal hassle with licensing in one way or another

Also, the line doesn't even need to be there when they don't even have the rights to directly offer service to most other countries.

holmwood
Jul 4, 2014, 02:38 PM
It's like playing closed beta then asking that character data not be wiped. . .:-?

Chigun
Jul 4, 2014, 02:39 PM
Oh, sorry for looking at SEGA as a company, and as such their reason for existing, and top priorities would be:

-making money
-not getting in legal hassle with licensing in one way or another

Ship 2 is in last place in the prix because of missing members. Missing members = loss of money.

There's been no legal hassle with PSO Taiwan, which as I read on here people from that region have not been IP blocked on the Japanese PSO.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 02:40 PM
I can't speak for others but it's not the matter of defending sega as much as looking at it logically.

An attack has occurred. An attack I might add is ILLEGAL BY LAW. So obviously investigation are put in order.... Since the attack is indeed a network....blocking things are needed.

Now....looking at this in a logical standpoint...if the attack where to occur from lets say the US and is confirmed....as a defensive measure....of course they may block people from the US...

It's not being racist...its protecting the company....as a user it may come off as crude, racist (or w/e other words some of you have used) but would have to look at the bigger picture...

If they really banned the game from US, none of the people who stated they can log on legitimately from TWC and Cox wouldnt be playing right now....

Just my 2 cents....

Lashette
Jul 4, 2014, 02:47 PM
Ship 2 is in last place in the prix because of missing members. Missing members = loss of money.

There's been no legal hassle with PSO Taiwan, which as I read on here people from that region have not been IP blocked on the Japanese PSO.

OK 1 I couldn't give two shits about the prix

Secondly unlike Asiasoft, Taiwan didn't go about making a deal with Sega to have all Taiwan IP's banned from the JP server, to force the region to only play the Taiwan version.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 4, 2014, 02:48 PM

Yes it's a loss of money, but that's happening because they're still going through an anti-DDoS process. Being open to DDoS cost them far more money.

That's Taiwan. How many other countries with laws, and policies are in the world? Even if SoJ had the means to offer coustomer support to the US directly, they're most likely nor allowed to without going through the steps, or having SoA do it (either option might not be profitable). And then there's most other reigons not in east Asia....

DS23
Jul 4, 2014, 04:14 PM
Just tunnel in if ya wanna play already

Vintasticvin
Jul 4, 2014, 04:56 PM
Taiga you have my respect and all but this thread....

http://youtu.be/Z21rqDE5mjw

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 4, 2014, 05:52 PM
The struggle of wanting to play.

Jaquecz
Jul 4, 2014, 06:10 PM
I think all of you guys have a case of
http://i.imgur.com/4Sy5dGF.jpg
Honestly, what did you expect, them to say
"Oh hey, yeah we're gonna go and take care of your problems, even though our TOS clearly states that we don't need to bother with you."
I still think It's a case of backbone providers blocking the servers, otherwise the TWCers wouldn't be able to connect at all.
Especially if their aim was to block off every foreigner out there.
If your going to call racist just because you can't play waifu simulator you need to go do something else, most of us internet regulars probably stay inside all day but at least we don't bitch and whine when we can't play ONE game when there's plenty of other games either just as or more enjoyable to play.
[spoiler-box]http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg2gr5SQyW1qajg12o1_500.gif[/spoiler-box]

wohdin
Jul 4, 2014, 06:31 PM
Lumping everyone together for the actions of a few is the exact definition of racism.

gurl no

I'm starting to INVOLUNTARILY become racist towards Japanese people now. They're small, sleek, and smart, and they probably think we're just a bunch of fat, loud idiots. I almost find myself hating them now. I was a good person before, and their actions toward me have made me worse. Turning the other cheek here won't change a thing, because they'll always think we're big, dumb idiots.

I guess, having once consorted with Hitler, we gave them too much credit to show kindness and fairness. They're cold, calculating, evil bastards. Always looking upon others as the enemy while pretending to be your friend.

oh, the hitler card? already?

I am never purchasing another Sega product.

I know one person doesn't make much of a difference, but I can't support a company that won't give me the products I want.

dat entitlement tho

Oh, I'm an ass?

No.

i can't even

like i literally cannot even

like the ability to even is gone

it has physically left my body, and dissipated into the ether, forever gone from my existence

wow

Waifu loss has reached critical mass. Logic systems failing. Initializing fullretard.exe

god someone close this trainwreck, DNR

xllakallx
Jul 4, 2014, 08:05 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! All these trolls hahahahaha!

China men do illegal business by grinding and collecting meseta's then selling them online. In order to protect their game Sega blocks off the China men.

Trolls: \\THAT'S RACIST / XENOPHOBIA//

DDoS occurs and for some UNKNOWN reason, it just seems to be that most of the attacks came from foreign IP addresses. So again, Sega blocks off the IP addresses that were used in the attack.

Then the Hitler shit AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

THE FULL-RETARD IS REAL GUYS HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!

I live in Australia, and our airports confiscate anything that seems to be of any danger or harm to our country (and I am sure this is the case in every country, and every country has different regulations they stick to) so according to the trolls, I guess when one of our security guys confiscates an item off of an offender, say for example... A PORN MAG, WE ARE ACTING IN A RACIST MANNER HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No wait... I used the analogy wrong because In Sega's case, they (and effectively their customers) actually got attacked so it should be like this:
I live in Australia, and our airports confiscate anything that seems to be of any danger or harm to our country (and I am sure this is the case in every country, and every country has different regulations they stick to) so according to you (the trolls), I guess when one of our security guys confiscates a gun off of an armed man from a foreign country shooting people... That is acting in a racist manner. According to the trolls, everything that disrupts them from their "FREEDOM" to do Whatever-The-Fuck-They-Want A.K.A WTFTW, is being RACIST or XENOPHOBIC. LOL.

For the not-so-bright-people:
IP used for DDoS = Gun that was shooting.
IP ban = Confiscating of gun.
The troll with their IP banned because their IP contributed in the DDoS attack = The troll that got their gun confiscated because he was shooting people.

Such retard
Much hilarious
Very breathe difficulty
Wowe. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sychosis View Post

↑This didn't help me in regaining the ability to breathe while reading this thread, you almost killed me LOL

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 4, 2014, 08:21 PM
I am thinking that maybe the DDoS attack was an attack outside of Japan, I don't want to point fingers but this is my theory, because TOS states we are not allowed to play on that server in the first place perhaps the Japanese people can see that as a clear violation of the rules, placing the blame on anyone outside of Japan.

So in saying that it looks to me as if Sega could be in trouble, therfore could be sued/face legal issues for allowing this to happen in the first place, So the only way to resolve any legal issues Sega placed a ISP backbone Ban to the entire world except Japan. Problem solved. But who knows really its just me speculating a theory. ....

branflakes325
Jul 4, 2014, 08:55 PM
All this talk about xenophobia should be based on how they're handling this situation, not what their actions are. They have no obligations with any foreigners whatsoever, and that is obvious. Nonetheless they haven't made the slightest bit of effort in communication about anything that might affect this vast world that exists outside of Japan's borders. Moral goodness is too complicated and culture-based be a factor in whether they should do/say anything, which seems to be the reason for all of the back and forth bullshit in this thread.

It sounds like they're being assholes, and it wouldn't be irrational to assume some xenophobia is being thrown into the mix.

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 09:02 PM
wouldnt it have been better to ask if there was a ip block in place instead of assuming there was and asked to remove?

The Walrus
Jul 4, 2014, 09:04 PM
They would likely just respond the same way.

Shinamori
Jul 4, 2014, 09:06 PM
They wouldn't have said anything about it. Most companies won't outright say. "LOL WE BAN YOU BECAUSE YOUR NOT CONNECT FROM X!" X being the country.

Belenger
Jul 4, 2014, 09:16 PM
The funny thing about this whole mess, is that the digital attack map tracked on the 17 of June aka armageddon an attack from Japan directed to France,

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=JP&time=16238&view=map

and the other report from Japan came on the 19 while Japan was attacking U.S, no massive attacks came to Japan from outside sources in the period of ragnarok.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=JP&time=16240&view=map

In layman terms what does this mean?, it means Japan itself has enough botnets to be notorious enough to appear on the digital chart map.

I'll just call it an internal job, ethnic cleansing from a probably really disturbed individual, Sega scapegoat solution is ban all gaijins. Blackhat hackers charge for their services (botnets) unless it does align with their own points of activism, it's not so hard to think the ransom of the servers was a measure to simply block all isps outside japan from the game servers, and sega complied since it works better for them.

/me puts tinfoal hat

Keilyn
Jul 4, 2014, 09:43 PM
It would be an international circuit court issue.

The section of the terms of service was amended post-launched on the exclusion of foreigners and the declaration that the software package was intended for use only in domestic accessibility.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is not the only software package in which Japanese launched open towards the public without declaration exclusion, later to be amended. It has actually earned the nation great distrust in their trade pursuits, causing only tangible trading to exist between nations.

Under articles of contract law, specially in an international fashion it is still upheld that in order for a contract or agreement to be valid, both parties have to sign and receive copies. There must also be consideration on both parties. Alteration of contract after initialization requires voiding the previous contract and forcing all parties to sign a new contract.

Amending a Terms of Service to include an exclusionary clause removes the consideration amended to a specific group of people. It throws into light the question of validity as a contract need not be fair, nor be equal, yet consideration must exist at all times.

Consideration is a legal term meaning that in order for a contract to be valid, both parties must receive something of value. There are examples of when a consideration is not valid. Example is if you offer your house in a contract for $0. By contract law, the accepting of a value of $0 falls under a contract, but it is not a violation of law if one refuses to give up the house, due to a lack of consideration. An article received for free is called a "Gift" and not a consideration. The contract could be destroyed prior to the deed transferring hands, and not after, as the contract completes when all consideration is resolved, received and all terms are carried out.

The logic of "It was included in Phantasy Star Universe and thus it should be clear for Phantasy Star Online 2 players to fall under the same terms" is not legally standing. Contracts must be specific, explicit, law abiding, and be enforced through proper legal procedures. This is a primary reason why they are long.

A player like myself joined the game post-alteration and thus the new provisions affect me directly. I am not supposed to be playing and that is not a "Criminal Act" but more of a civil matter. Non-Authoritative contracts within a business can only at most bring civil charges upon one who demonstrates breach of contract. However, in the cases of exclusion of access, safeguards are to be in place to carry out the exclusionary clause in a uniform manner without discrimination or prejudice. Such statement is actually within international contract law within electronic software.

What hurts the Japanese the most as international awareness exists of their wrongdoing is simply spreading across as many as possible the awareness of as many violations as possible across as many sectors as possible. There are many who refuse dealing with the nation due to their egoism and xenophobic mentality.

I understand this forum is filled with people who are in-love with Japanese Culture, like myself. Some, as myself can read, speak, and write Japanese. There are also some Japanese here as well, some who are mainland Japanese, and others who are non-mainland Japanese which both fall under different set of national and human rights, which is unfortunate.

My post deals more with legalities and direction. Not an attack against Japan itself. While the left side of our brain is our logic center and verbal side, Our right side is our perceptive side and what actually sends us the message of "It is what it is" and "what we see, is what we see" in the sense of eliminating the complexity and sugar-coating. It is the right side of our brain that says "This just isn't fair" when we are abusing our bodies and trying to satisfy the logic behind duty, honor and shutting up and not questioning orders, and yet our American Education focuses on intensifying the left-side of the brain, while ignoring the right side.

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 4, 2014, 10:47 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! All these trolls hahahahaha!

China men do illegal business by grinding and collecting meseta's then selling them online. In order to protect their game Sega blocks off the China men.

DDoS occurs and for some UNKNOWN reason, it just seems to be that most of the attacks came from foreign IP addresses. So again, Sega blocks off the IP addresses that were used in the attack.

Then the Hitler shit AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

THE FULL-RETARD IS REAL GUYS HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!

I live in Australia, and our airports confiscate anything that seems to be of any danger or harm to our country (and I am sure this is the case in every country, and every country has different regulations they stick to) so according to the trolls, I guess when one of our security guys confiscates an item off of an offender, say for example... A PORN MAG, WE ARE ACTING IN A RACIST MANNER HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No wait... I used the analogy wrong because In Sega's case, they (and effectively their customers) actually got attacked so it should be like this:
I live in Australia, and our airports confiscate anything that seems to be of any danger or harm to our country (and I am sure this is the case in every country, and every country has different regulations they stick to) so according to you (the trolls), I guess when one of our security guys confiscates a gun off of an armed man from a foreign country shooting people... That is acting in a racist manner. According to the trolls, everything that disrupts them from their "FREEDOM" to do Whatever-The-Fuck-They-Want A.K.A WTFTW, is being RACIST or XENOPHOBIC. LOL.

For the not-so-bright-people:
IP used for DDoS = Gun that was shooting.
IP ban = Confiscating of gun.
The troll with their IP banned because their IP contributed in the DDoS attack = The troll that got their gun confiscated because he was shooting people.

Such retard
Much hilarious
Very breathe difficulty
Wowe. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sychosis View Post

↑This didn't help me in regaining the ability to breathe while reading this thread, you almost killed me LOL

Dude what are you talking about? ? Its the most unrelated post i have ever read. So funny because its your second post. I don't know why but it seems every new poster posts unrelated posts to the topic. 0.0

Anyway lets hope by next week we know the true damage done so we can move on or start playing PSO2 again.

Zipzo
Jul 4, 2014, 11:02 PM
Dude what are you talking about? ? Its the most unrelated post i have ever read. So funny because its your second post. I don't know why but it seems every new poster posts unrelated posts to the topic. 0.0

Anyway lets hope by next week we know the true damage done so we can move on or start playing PSO2 again.

Yeah and after that it's the next week, and after that it's the next week.

You were best moving on before you even started.

MidCap
Jul 4, 2014, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I kinda went off the deep end earlier today. Sorry about that.

I just sorta started accepting that there's a very high chance I'll never be able to play again, and this unexplainable sense of being wronged, followed by hatred, welled up in me.

It's passed now. But I'm gonna be sad about this for a very, very long time. I truly loved this game.

The Walrus
Jul 5, 2014, 12:08 AM
Then use one of the many ways we have to play it still

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2014, 03:10 AM
This week went by so fast.

Ghalion
Jul 5, 2014, 03:39 AM
So I have like less than 70 posts here on this forum I think, surely less than 100 right?

In any case I think like half my posts here were in topics discussing PSO2 west. And in nearly every single one of them I saw dozens of posts with morons insulting people like me for not playing on jpn. Often making up BS about why like "too stupid to read a help file", or "too lazy to figure out research how"...well dozens of examples, but all or most of wh ich being too stupid, or lazy, or both.

In like every single effing topic where Is aw more than one idiot mention those things, I would say something like "I can't speak for everyone hoping for pso2 west, but I'm quit pso2 jpn, and am waiting for west for more than one reason, none of which stupidity or laziness"..

Then I would proceed to give examples of legitimate reasons. Some including (and yes, I've said each and every one of these at least once).

1: I don't want to invest in jpn only to eventually risk being IP banned if and when pso2 west comes out or something like that.

2: I don't want to invest in jpn only for west to come out and then feel like my investment in jpn was wasted cuz I'll main in west after.

3: I don't want to feel like quitting jpn is too hard after west comes out because I already invested too much in jpn.

4: I'd rather financially support the game devs if I love the game enough rather than some third party service acting as a currency exchange.

5: I don't want to risk being IP banned without warning.

6: I've already waited over a year for jpn's full release, I can wait another for west (I was wrong here, sue me ok, I'm already burned enough here, seriously).

7: Though I'm farm from a social-butterfly. I wished to be able to communicate in public without fearing to clog up the chat with the INTENDED audience with text they couldn't understand.

8: I didn't want to provide unnecessary lag to actual Japanese players from my distance to the server (being considerate, what an effing concept, wow).

9: If needed, I wanted actual customer support, knowing I would get none for not being Japanese otherwise.

Pretty sure there were countless others.

In any case, a good deal of those (aside from the one I admit to being incorrect for) are obviously more apparent in terms of being good effing reasons for not playing on JPN.

The fact that some people are labeling a nation as xenophobic for denying support to outsiders for very legitimate reasons (lag in an mmo, duh... communication barrier, legal reasons, prob more), when I personally have been singled out as dumb, moronic, and/or lazy HERE, by my own native-speaking community is hypocritical beyond belief.

I'm truly sorry for everyone playing on JPN who are getting burned atm, and I hope things work out for you. But that said I was anticipating such things for myself (and worse), and that's why I didn't commit to it after NA was announced (yes I did play on jpn beforehand and loved it). But to those close-minded jerks who categorized everyone waiting for NA as being a fool, honestly, I hope you get what you deserve, which is worse than this believe me.

MidCap
Jul 5, 2014, 04:42 AM
Uncle Bob, there is no online game whose real-time combat engine comes anywhere near PSO2's quality. It's better than most OFFLINE combat engines.

Zipzo
Jul 5, 2014, 04:44 AM
Uncle Bob, there is no online game whose real-time combat engine comes anywhere near PSO2's quality. It's better than most OFFLINE combat engines.

This honestly isn't even worth the time it would take to list you the many games that prove you are wrong.

wohdin
Jul 5, 2014, 05:53 AM
This honestly isn't even worth the time it would take to list you the many games that prove you are wrong.

if you even so much as think about typing the first letter in TERA is2g

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2014, 05:56 AM
...Or it could mean that they deny working with foreigners, which, by the way, they are not allowed to do.
Except in their ToS they totally can. And will. And have!

Vindictus. At least their enemies are synced.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 5, 2014, 07:43 AM
blah blah blah this is just another person that's trying to cause IP ban fear among the forum community and because the thread maker has no patients he has to bring the automated reply Sega jp gave him here

you see i have been around the MMO block before and almost if not every MMO publisher has automated responses for certain questions that response and that's exactly what he got

you see theres programs that detect certain keywords or phrases and if the you send something along those lines you will get an automated response

Terrence
Jul 5, 2014, 07:53 AM

NOW WHAT ??? If people like/love PSO2, shut the fuck up and let them enjoy ! Who cares of your arguments to prove PSO2 is not as good as they think ? To each his own ! >_<

Sierhiet
Jul 5, 2014, 07:56 AM
So I have like less than 70 posts here on this forum I think, surely less than 100 right?

In any case I think like half my posts here were in topics discussing PSO2 west. And in nearly every single one of them I saw dozens of posts with morons insulting people like me for not playing on jpn. Often making up BS about why like "too stupid to read a help file", or "too lazy to figure out research how"...well dozens of examples, but all or most of wh ich being too stupid, or lazy, or both.

In like every single effing topic where Is aw more than one idiot mention those things, I would say something like "I can't speak for everyone hoping for pso2 west, but I'm quit pso2 jpn, and am waiting for west for more than one reason, none of which stupidity or laziness"..

Then I would proceed to give examples of legitimate reasons. Some including (and yes, I've said each and every one of these at least once).

1: I don't want to invest in jpn only to eventually risk being IP banned if and when pso2 west comes out or something like that.

2: I don't want to invest in jpn only for west to come out and then feel like my investment in jpn was wasted cuz I'll main in west after.

3: I don't want to feel like quitting jpn is too hard after west comes out because I already invested too much in jpn.

4: I'd rather financially support the game devs if I love the game enough rather than some third party service acting as a currency exchange.

5: I don't want to risk being IP banned without warning.

6: I've already waited over a year for jpn's full release, I can wait another for west (I was wrong here, sue me ok, I'm already burned enough here, seriously).

7: Though I'm farm from a social-butterfly. I wished to be able to communicate in public without fearing to clog up the chat with the INTENDED audience with text they couldn't understand.

8: I didn't want to provide unnecessary lag to actual Japanese players from my distance to the server (being considerate, what an effing concept, wow).

9: If needed, I wanted actual customer support, knowing I would get none for not being Japanese otherwise.

Pretty sure there were countless others.

In any case, a good deal of those (aside from the one I admit to being incorrect for) are obviously more apparent in terms of being good effing reasons for not playing on JPN.

The fact that some people are labeling a nation as xenophobic for denying support to outsiders for very legitimate reasons (lag in an mmo, duh... communication barrier, legal reasons, prob more), when I personally have been singled out as dumb, moronic, and/or lazy HERE, by my own native-speaking community is hypocritical beyond belief.

I'm truly sorry for everyone playing on JPN who are getting burned atm, and I hope things work out for you. But that said I was anticipating such things for myself (and worse), and that's why I didn't commit to it after NA was announced (yes I did play on jpn beforehand and loved it). But to those close-minded jerks who categorized everyone waiting for NA as being a fool, honestly, I hope you get what you deserve, which is worse than this believe me.

All of this is pretty much falling on deaf or defiant ears, but I agree with you 100%.

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2014, 08:44 AM
Well, some of us knew this might eventually come but played on the server anyway. I can understand not wanting to lose progress, but if you break down what online Phantasy Star titles have been over the years...isn't this exactly that?

You play and invest into a character for a few years, and then stop to start a new one or move on to another game. Granted, this isn't voluntary - which is a really big difference; but it feels pretty similar to me. I can understand not wanting to have a character taken from you, but Phantasy Star has always been about the journey to me, not the destination. That was a good amount of journey I spent on PSO2, no matter what the ultimate destination was.

Yamishi
Jul 5, 2014, 09:29 AM
Well, some of us knew this might eventually come but played on the server anyway. I can understand not wanting to lose progress, but if you break down what online Phantasy Star titles have been over the years...isn't this exactly that?

You play and invest into a character for a few years, and then stop to start a new one or move on to another game. Granted, this isn't voluntary - which is a really big difference; but it feels pretty similar to me. I can understand not wanting to have a character taken from you, but Phantasy Star has always been about the journey to me, not the destination. That was a good amount of journey I spent on PSO2, no matter what the ultimate destination was.

In my case, I've never moved on voluntarily. I always played the online Phantasy Star titles until they invariably shut down the servers.

But between this and Age of Empires Online shutting down on July 1st, maybe it's time for me to invest in some offline games...

gaijin_punch
Jul 5, 2014, 09:45 AM

Word. I have my GC characters on a memory card still... that I'll likely never play. I feel safe with them though. However, I'm enjoying the ride knowing one day the time I'm pouring into this will result in nothing. :D

Sierhiet
Jul 5, 2014, 09:54 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with that notion, but for most NA players service for something like this in the PS series typically lasted 3.5 - 6 years depending on your platform & game, regardless of flow of content. If you've been investing time into the JP servers, this cut off if permanent, would make your time on the servers barely 2 which is very short in comparison, coupled with the issues one would experience with playing on a foreign server.

His point though seems to more so want to address the echo chamber, pessimism, and misinformation that usually runs rampant on the boards. Some of you were aware, yes. Then there was a group who knew this was possible, but insisted there was little chance of it happening and even condemned those who did not follow suit. Then there was a drove of people that were led to believe that something like this had little to no chance of ever happening, because of the former group.

Groups B & C basically entered the JP servers as if they'd never have any issues to deal with and in turn, played and payed as if they had nothing to worry about. Fast forward to today, and here we are with these comments of racism, entitlement, thousands of dollars lost, bad business by Sega ect. as if the ToS never existed because some people willed it. Its ridiculous.

What's even worse though is, because of the bad taste left in Groups B & C's collective mouth (a bad taste of their own doing), it's easy to envision a lot of misdirected anger thrown at an impending local release. The gripes before seemed to involve potential content flow and starting at square one. Well, now due to the SEA releases, we have an idea as to what to expect yet the complaints continue. It's going to get to the point were people are going to bash the thing out of spite, because they chose to use their time a certain way, and were cut short.

I understand not liking the wait we've experienced for localization. However, I also acknowledge PSO2 isn't the only foreign MMO that has stalled on a local release. I used Blade and Soul as an example yesterday.

HIT0SHI
Jul 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
-snip-

Agreed.

Shinamori
Jul 5, 2014, 10:15 AM
I think the main issue with a Western release (not gonna happen) is Sega's past record with PSO games. Little to no content. Releasing content months or even years later, barely any support for server maintenance, etc.

Aussei
Jul 5, 2014, 10:50 AM
You know what this all reminds me of? The people who sit and talk about American conspiracy theories and corruption but don't do shit about it. They don't go out and do public things to try and change it, no protesting, petitions..... I dunno man I feel like we're just getting lazier and lazier. What happened to the days where if you felt some type of way about something you would try and change it? Too scared of rejection? West Borough Baptist Church has more balls. Ohhhh SEGA gonna ignore uuuuuuuuusss waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh Sakai doesn't give a fuuuuuuuuck. Gaaaaaaaaahhhh ubwaaaaa never ever a western releaseeeeeeeee waaaaaaah.

Y'all gay. As Riley from Boondocks would say. I'm pretty sure we have enough people who love the game and enjoy it. Why don't we try a petition? Mass e-mail send to SEGA? Enlist some JP Player support so they can get the message across in the country as well? Nothing? You just gonna sit here and let this happen... cos you know.... that says a lot about how you feel about the game. SEGA IP Banned us, oh well time to uninstall and move on. Yeah just let the DDOSer and SEGA win. `___`

Sierhiet
Jul 5, 2014, 10:55 AM
You know what this all reminds me of? The people who sit and talk about American conspiracy theories and corruption but don't do shit about it. They don't go out and do public things to try and change it, no protesting, petitions..... I dunno man I feel like we're just getting lazier and lazier. What happened to the days where if you felt some type of way about something you would try and change it? Too scared of rejection? West Borough Baptist Church has more balls. Ohhhh SEGA gonna ignore uuuuuuuuusss waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh Sakai doesn't give a fuuuuuuuuck. Gaaaaaaaaahhhh ubwaaaaa never ever a western releaseeeeeeeee waaaaaaah.

Y'all gay. As Riley from Boondocks would say. I'm pretty sure we have enough people who love the game and enjoy it. Why don't we try a petition? Mass e-mail send to SEGA? Enlist some JP Player support so they can get the message across in the country as well? Nothing? You just gonna sit here and let this happen... cos you know.... that says a lot about how you feel about the game. SEGA IP Banned us, oh well time to uninstall and move on. Yeah just let the DDOSer and SEGA win. `___`

We already did for the Western Release. Like literally, all of this.
As for the installment you are contractually barred from playing via ToS? Go for it.

Aussei
Jul 5, 2014, 10:57 AM
Alright guys who's down to go to SEGA of America's office and harass them until a western release? :)

Yamishi
Jul 5, 2014, 11:01 AM
If PSO2JP never comes back, then I might play a Western release just for something to do.

If said Western release was actually handled well (lol) then I'd commit to it.

SEGA OF AMERICA, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT.

SakoHaruo
Jul 5, 2014, 11:03 AM
Just want to let everyone know that Cik Telecom can connect to PSO2 again without VPN. NOW REJOICE!

un1t27
Jul 5, 2014, 11:05 AM
Just want to let everyone know that Cik Telecom can connect to PSO2 again without VPN. NOW REJOICE!

I wonder what's next...:rant:

Chigun
Jul 5, 2014, 11:14 AM
There really are a lot of ways to continue playing PSO2 JP... Dropping 20 bucks on a paid VPN makes it like this whole thing never happened (the stuff around character bans happened on free VPNs). Except, you know, the fact that no one else who speaks English is still around.

Again being on Ship 9 I don't notice that either. ^^;

nanakatrin
Jul 5, 2014, 11:25 AM
I don't get why you make it sound like a surprise that pso2 would refuse to give you service specifically for the "IP block"? There have been so many topics saying it's the ISP and not an actual IP ban. Any video game company would do this to other counties it's not servicing. Don't think SEGA is a giant xenophobe, we've already gone passed this in this forum before, they can't service you outside the country because of rules and blahblablah. I'm surprised they even respond to tickets from foreigners in the first place, many people have been helped from sega even if they're outside of Japan.

It's a no brainer they would say no to you to fix your "IP ban" problem. It's not IP ban it's ISP! You think SEGA is going to make sure your internet company is going to let you play pso2? Soooo many topics with people calling their ISP to not put pso2 on a blacklist anymore.

Yamishi
Jul 5, 2014, 12:11 PM
I don't get why you make it sound like a surprise that pso2 would refuse to give you service specifically for the "IP block"? There have been so many topics saying it's the ISP and not an actual IP ban. Any video game company would do this to other counties it's not servicing. Don't think SEGA is a giant xenophobe, we've already gone passed this in this forum before, they can't service you outside the country because of rules and blahblablah. I'm surprised they even respond to tickets from foreigners in the first place, many people have been helped from sega even if they're outside of Japan.

It's a no brainer they would say no to you to fix your "IP ban" problem. It's not IP ban it's ISP! You think SEGA is going to make sure your internet company is going to let you play pso2? Soooo many topics with people calling their ISP to not put pso2 on a blacklist anymore.

I was kind of thinking this, too. It sounds like OP went on a VPN, for the Japanese IP address, then submitted a ticket in Japanese, saying, "Please unblock my non-Japanese IP," when we're pretty sure (though not certain) it's not an IP ban, and even if it was, they would not IP ban Japanese players.

And OP expected a different response? :P

Jaquecz
Jul 5, 2014, 02:02 PM
This thread is still alive?
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16167022.jpg

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2014, 02:07 PM
Why IS this thread alive,

It should be an un-written rule to close a thread the first second someone brings up hitler.

MidCap
Jul 5, 2014, 08:08 PM
Now that I think about it: fuck the OP. He probably presented information with the intention of upsetting people.

Uncle_bob
Jul 5, 2014, 11:04 PM

You're pretty good, almost got me upset for a second. PSO2 has "better" combat than PSO, but it's so restrictive because everything is server-side. The awful moon lag and hit detection because of this awful decision makes me want to vomit blood and strangle the nearest infant I can find.

Vindictus. At least their enemies are synced.

Yea but good luck when it comes to playing in raids or being in a party you aren't hosting. Combine that with a game engine that is like 20 years old and you'll want to cut off your dick with a rusty cleaver. Plus Vindictus somehow manages to have a more toxic community than PSO2 does.

I had a nightmare that Nexon was going to be in charge of a western release of PSO2. I prayed for about seven hours after that.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 5, 2014, 11:36 PM
Now that I think about it: fuck the OP. He probably presented information with the intention of upsetting people.

That's as rude as it is wrong. I can't accurately defend Taiga any more than you can accurately accuse Taiga of this, but I can say that, judging solely from the posts I've seen of Taiga's before, such behavior would be completely uncharacteristic. At worst, Taiga simply err'd and all the stupidity in the thread was simply misjudging how it would be interpreted, whether by not assessing all the details correctly or misjudging the community itself.

Looking through the entire thread, I would say it's the community at fault, not the topic creator. Only thing they did wrong was ask about an IP ban when it might not have been an IP ban in the first place, and at the time they asked, there wasn't enough information to be sure. Blaming the topic creator for that simply isn't fair. Calm down please.

LordKaiser
Jul 6, 2014, 02:36 AM
If this website also got attacked by the same people that attacked PSO2 then he read these forums even if it's not a member. All these arguments provide them with amusement and we are doing what the responsible of this want and is to taste our suffering and see how we fall apart. IP ban or not I can wait a few months if needed, if not I'll just play offline games and keep screenshots of my 2 avatars.

Sp-24
Jul 6, 2014, 03:11 AM
If the idea was to make the PSO-W PSO2 community fall apart, we're way ahead of the DDoSer.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jul 6, 2014, 03:46 AM
It's funny how people's worlds are upside down just cuz they can't play pso2 anymore lmao.

MidCap
Jul 6, 2014, 04:33 AM
A large number of people have had something they enjoy taken away, and you find it somehow surprising that they're upset?

メグスノ
Jul 6, 2014, 04:44 AM
A large number of people have had something they enjoy taken away, and you find it somehow surprising that they're upset?

I think it's less surprising to be upset rather than it is to be upset for a time that is longer than a week.

I mean, unless you payed an obscene amount of money in PSO2, but we all still should've known that there was always a chance that our privilege to play could have been taken at any moment.

Friyn
Jul 6, 2014, 05:00 AM

Vindictus has by far the best real-time combat engine. Although you have to reach higher levels and get decent gear, mainly because there's attack speed stat, to be able to fully enjoy it.
Too bad EVERYTHING else sucks donkey ass in that game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 6, 2014, 05:04 AM
Real talk, a lot of us day one-ers who've play this game long enough to get sick of it lucked out. This really is a super fun/potential "best online game" the first 3-6 months you play it (for others that feeling lasts longer but ehn.)

But if you have any mmo or online game taken from you, consider the cause saying "you'll thank me later." They're nothing but repetitive super time consuming long term (money or time that =money) grabs that's keep shaking you down till you lose all patience and quit, or if you REALLY have Stockholm syndrome, Till the servers go down 5-8 years later.

The only fun thing from it is time on it spent with friends in the long run, if you bothered to play with any, or make any in the game. Sadly people don't play online games for the massive multiplayer part, but for the immersive escape from life into another sucky life part. Which why everyone on online games still act so pathetically depressed all the time, Other people are way more effective on dealing with stress than regressive zoning out into a world of polygons. <_>

If this doesn't fix itself over the next month people'll find something else to fill the hole.

Or get a VPN.

hirowave
Jul 6, 2014, 05:19 AM
Oh, I'm an ass?

No.

I'm lashing out with hate because my favorite activity has been taken away from me. There's no way to resolve this other than "move on," which involves the acceptance that everything I did up until this point was for NOTHING, and that I have to start all over. I am VERY upset. I want to punch someone.

Maybe a bunch of you can act all apathetic toward this, but I can't. I feel like a bunch of people, who wrongly pegged me as a buffoon, have cast me out of their community. This is very embittering.

They should not banish us after investing this much time in the game. It's just not right. They never should have allowed us to play in the first place. That would have been better.
um its a region block not a racial block....plent of non japanese in japan can play fine lol. An im logging in fine from the US, it just suddenly started working 2 days after maint.

UnLucky
Jul 6, 2014, 05:26 AM
Vindictus's combat was great, though I still felt like I was spamming optimal combos as my limited stamina allowed which was shared with running the long empty hallways so you had to balance being bored out of your mind with nothing happening or bored out of your mind with enemies right in front of you that you can't do anything about. Also everything required so much pointless repetition with main storyline quests asking you to kill the same area's boss multiple times and later areas taking forever to unlock.

PSO2's progression was hell when it first came out. You just hit a huge wall at lv20 where there's nothing to do for the longest time. Pretty much everyone I knew quit at that point and "waited for the NA release" since they didn't want to grind Forest anymore. And don't get me started with the asinine PA combo system. Before I even left Normal mode I was already slotting three of the same PA since it was way easier to play like that. Even without telling another friend of mine, he asked me if people normally used full palettes of the same thing and just switched weapons instead of trying to deal with the obtuse combo system.

It's like they didn't playtest the combat at all. I would think people liked to be able to use the attacks they wanted to when they wanted to.

Zipzo
Jul 6, 2014, 06:34 AM
Honestly, Vindictus combat + the bosses are, in my opinion, the best in the market. They capture that central "giant monster, very little chance of winning" feeling better than any other game. The combat is visceral, the combos are dynamic depending on what you're attempting to accomplish in terms of inflicting the enemy with stun or knock back.

Where Vindictus really just falls flatter than paper is the leveling. PSO2 is repetitious as all hell but Vindictus makes you feel the repetition really early on and doesn't really make it subtle. It's actually a real shame, because what could be an almost perfect example of dungeon running RPG with scary bosses done right is marred by its leveling and questing system.

However, once you hit the level cap, this literally becomes a moot point. At level cap your goal is raid as many of the big & bad raid bosses per day as you can manage in order to score rare items to craft your best armor/weapons. The whole dynamic changes, and to be honest, I think that's what the game should be judged around, it's end game elements.

Unfortunately Vindictus's leveling is so boring sometimes that people tend to just give up, despite the great combat, and never make it to the point in the first place. Despite the great bosses. Despite everything else good about it.

If I could swap Vindictus's combat in to PSO2 I'd do it in a heartbeat.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jul 6, 2014, 02:00 PM

I can understand this to a certain degree. However, a lot of you are acting like you can't live without pso2...lmao.

This just shows the strong grip sega has over you haha.

If you were a freemium user you have nothing to complain about. Hell, even if you were a premium user you still don't have shit to complain about. Seeing as you already knew that this could happen from the start.

PSO2 JP ONLY.

ShinMaruku
Jul 6, 2014, 03:12 PM
Vindictus has by far the best real-time combat engine. Although you have to reach higher levels and get decent gear, mainly because there's attack speed stat, to be able to fully enjoy it.
Too bad EVERYTHING else sucks donkey ass in that game.

I await Crystal Desert. That might have something good.

soccermominyourface
Jul 6, 2014, 04:05 PM
I'd care way more if I hadn't already moved on to a way better game. I saw videos of blade and soul and instantly had to go play it. Its free to play (chinese version) and if you get decent latency its worth checking out. The weapon upgrade system is way better than the rng bs we've all had to deal with in pso for who knows how long (although some people live by it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3-22ST20ZY&list=UU-kfgLGE6JVKe9UZM_skSMQ (its a solo dungeon)

Tell me this doesn't look fun.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2014, 04:09 PM
The only fun thing from it is time on it spent with friends in the long run, if you bothered to play with any, or make any in the game.

Words from a gaming prophet+^_^+

Freshellent
Jul 6, 2014, 04:14 PM
Didn't realize people felt so strongly about Vindictus combat. I'm sort of middle of the road with it. Sometimes I really enjoy it, other times I'm extremely irritated and sort of log out immediately after a few solid runs.

Maybe it's a lack of experience with the game.

The Walrus
Jul 6, 2014, 04:21 PM
Can't stand it personally

BahnKnakyu
Jul 6, 2014, 04:34 PM
All this talk about xenophobia should be based on how they're handling this situation, not what their actions are. They have no obligations with any foreigners whatsoever, and that is obvious. Nonetheless they haven't made the slightest bit of effort in communication about anything that might affect this vast world that exists outside of Japan's borders. Moral goodness is too complicated and culture-based be a factor in whether they should do/say anything, which seems to be the reason for all of the back and forth bullshit in this thread.

It sounds like they're being assholes, and it wouldn't be irrational to assume some xenophobia is being thrown into the mix.

You know, the funny thing is Sakai DID acknowledge our presence way at the beginning of PSO2's lifetime and he was surprised at how quickly the game got a fan translation in place and how dedicated foreigners were to the game. He even expressed a bit of concern on our behalf when initial crackers were messing the game up (the black hat "hackers").

But Sakai doesn't represent Japanese management, and no matter what Sakai thinks, he probably has no say over whether or not we're allowed to play. Even though my ISP got through, it's just ain't the same with a significantly diminished population. As much as I disliked the B20 lobby rats and weeaboos, it made for something random to jump into between runs that I could troll and/or participate in.

Didn't realize people felt so strongly about Vindictus combat. I'm sort of middle of the road with it. Sometimes I really enjoy it, other times I'm extremely irritated and sort of log out immediately after a few solid runs.

Maybe it's a lack of experience with the game.

I'm still waiting for that MMO or instance-based lobby game that lets me be CUHRAYZEE like in Devil May Cry 3/4. PSO2 almost scratched that itch but the latency and the awkward way to weapon switch really limits my playstyle. I want to be able to do CUHRAYZEE jump cancel combos and basically style on stuff, with my damage being as good as how well I can execute versus how much of a min-max munchkin someone can be.

Yeah and after that it's the next week, and after that it's the next week.

You were best moving on before you even started.

Well, this maintenance somehow removed the routing loop problem that TWC had to pso2.jp, but at the same time they cut off Verizon customers.

I really have no idea what the heck they're doing on the network infrastructure side for this game.

ReverseSeraf
Jul 6, 2014, 05:01 PM
Honestly, Vindictus combat + the bosses are, in my opinion, the best in the market. They capture that central "giant monster, very little chance of winning" feeling better than any other game. The combat is visceral, the combos are dynamic depending on what you're attempting to accomplish in terms of inflicting the enemy with stun or knock back.

Where Vindictus really just falls flatter than paper is the leveling. PSO2 is repetitious as all hell but Vindictus makes you feel the repetition really early on and doesn't really make it subtle. It's actually a real shame, because what could be an almost perfect example of dungeon running RPG with scary bosses done right is marred by its leveling and questing system.

However, once you hit the level cap, this literally becomes a moot point. At level cap your goal is raid as many of the big & bad raid bosses per day as you can manage in order to score rare items to craft your best armor/weapons. The whole dynamic changes, and to be honest, I think that's what the game should be judged around, it's end game elements.

Unfortunately Vindictus's leveling is so boring sometimes that people tend to just give up, despite the great combat, and never make it to the point in the first place. Despite the great bosses. Despite everything else good about it.

If I could swap Vindictus's combat in to PSO2 I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Off-topic, but I pretty much agree with you on every single point. Whenever my friends tell me Vindictus is boring, I ask them what level they were, and it ranges from 10-40. They didn't even scratch the surface of what Vindictus can offer.

Fortunately enough, it seems like they took the right path and made leveling in Vindictus a hell of a lot easier in early game. Got my Lynn (new character) to level 60 in 2 days, and that's probably with 4-6 hours committed per day.:-D

BahnKnakyu
Jul 6, 2014, 05:11 PM
Off-topic, but I pretty much agree with you on every single point. Whenever my friends tell me Vindictus is boring, I ask them what level they were, and it ranges from 10-40. They didn't even scratch the surface of what Vindictus can offer.

Fortunately enough, it seems like they took the right path and made leveling in Vindictus a hell of a lot easier in early game. Got my Lynn (new character) to level 60 in 2 days, and that's probably with 4-6 hours committed per day.:-D

If a game requires you to get to the "end" of it for it to be enjoyable, you got serious problems with your game.

FFXIV has the same problem.

ReverseSeraf
Jul 6, 2014, 05:52 PM
If a game requires you to get to the "end" of it for it to be enjoyable, you got serious problems with your game.

I agree, but I think you missed the second part of my post

I'm not saying that early game for Vindictus was entirely boring, but it definitely did not do the game any justice.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 6, 2014, 07:09 PM

FFXIV is actually alot more enjoyable before you get to the 'end'.

It suffers from the usual WoW syndrome of raid a few nights a week, do your obligatory currency farm, then be bored when you get to the 'end'.

ShinMaruku
Jul 6, 2014, 07:25 PM
FFXIV is actually alot more enjoyable before you get to the 'end'.

It suffers from the usual WoW syndrome of raid a few nights a week, do your obligatory currency farm, then be bored when you get to the 'end'.

That's the MMO design. Which is why I want as few as possible games to be MMOs.

SakoHaruo
Jul 6, 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm still waiting for that MMO or instance-based lobby game that lets me be CUHRAYZEE like in Devil May Cry 3/4. PSO2 almost scratched that itch but the latency and the awkward way to weapon switch really limits my playstyle. I want to be able to do CUHRAYZEE jump cancel combos and basically style on stuff, with my damage being as good as how well I can execute versus how much of a min-max munchkin someone can be.

Dungeon Fighter Online has stylish/high level execution combos along with some competitive PvP. Mystic Fighter is another one. As for 3D the only game I can think of that tries to imitate DMC is Kritika.

Kondibon
Jul 6, 2014, 07:33 PM
That's the MMO design. Which is why I want as few as possible games to be MMOs.Wouldn't you rather see MMOs (or online games in general) designed better instead?

metatime
Jul 6, 2014, 07:37 PM

This pretty much, Vindictus is a good game but most only try up to 10 or 20 where half their skills aren't even unlocked. Really sad because I know they'll like the game but they give it no time. Getting to even level 20 is so easy, it only takes at most 3 hrs and that's if you didn't skip any dialogue lol.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 6, 2014, 07:39 PM
Eh, not being able to install the game seems a bit more painful, though...

metatime
Jul 6, 2014, 07:40 PM
Also everything required so much pointless repetition with main storyline quests asking you to kill the same area's boss multiple times and later areas taking forever to unlock.

The leveling have been updated where you don't have to do multiple battles to unlock something. They're slow in updating but they're always consistent in improving whatever they can.

ShinMaruku
Jul 6, 2014, 07:41 PM
Dungeon Fighter Online has stylish/high level execution combos along with some competitive PvP. Mystic Fighter is another one. As for 3D the only game I can think of that tries to imitate DMC is Kritika.

DFO is the only game I see get close. All those cancels. Play a silvermoon or a female nen and have fun.

SakoHaruo
Jul 6, 2014, 08:13 PM
DFO is the only game I see get close. All those cancels. Play a silvermoon or a female nen and have fun.

Don't believe this guy. Nen isn't fun, it's.... FAWKING BROKEN!

メグスノ
Jul 6, 2014, 08:21 PM
Don't believe this guy. Nen isn't fun, it's.... FAWKING BROKEN!

From what I've seen of Nen Masters, they seem to be able to hold their own pretty well as well as give out some amazing buffs.

I've even seen a Korean tier list say "%-based classes send love letters to F. Nen".

My favorite class still remains to be witch though. Can't get enough of that Mega Drill.

Yden
Jul 6, 2014, 08:29 PM
Everyone knows saders are the best class, especially their fashion sense.
http://i.imgur.com/4i9qPYC.jpg

SakoHaruo
Jul 6, 2014, 08:49 PM
When I fight a Nen I'm like... "What the hell just happened?" and "My oki!? What Oki? They can 'just do it' on wake up every time and there's no stopping it."

Everyone knows saders are the best class, especially their fashion sense.
http://i.imgur.com/4i9qPYC.jpg

Yo, put it back now. D:<

Gardios
Jul 6, 2014, 08:51 PM
You've linked the wrong image.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/s8dlWty.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

But yeah DnF is probably the closest you can get right now.

Yden
Jul 6, 2014, 08:52 PM
When I fight a Nen I'm like... "What the hell just happened?" and "My oki!? What Oki? They can 'just do it' on wake up every time and there's no stopping it."

Yo, put it back now. D:<

Put what back?

SakoHaruo
Jul 6, 2014, 08:58 PM
Put what back?

Don't try to play dumb, we all saw what you just did. It was too much. No one was ready.

You've linked the wrong image.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/s8dlWty.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

But yeah DnF is probably the closest you can get right now.

Nvm, Yden. Gardios, you put that back right now! D:<

ShinMaruku
Jul 7, 2014, 01:10 PM
Best class is elementalist man. CUBE EVERYTHING!

Asellus
Jul 7, 2014, 04:41 PM
@ OP

It's funny that even though we're all in violation of the ToS they still have no problem taking our money.

D-Inferno
Jul 7, 2014, 04:48 PM
@ OP

It's funny that even though we're all in violation of the ToS they still have no problem taking our money.
They did have a problem with overseas money for credit cards. For WebMoney, I think SEGA just gets the WM points from whatever WM account you punched in, and WM is a JP service that takes a code from a WM card which's code you were simply told.

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2014, 04:49 PM
@ OP

Why would anyone ever have a problem taking money?

Kondibon
Jul 7, 2014, 05:13 PM

Why would anyone ever have a problem taking money?Because they have a conscious. I mean... I would hope, business doesn't tend to work that way though.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 7, 2014, 10:35 PM
Because they have a conscious. I mean... I would hope, business doesn't tend to work that way though.

*Hugs Kondi* This is exactly what I was thinking. xD

Sp-24
Jul 7, 2014, 11:59 PM
@ OP

You mean, after they blocked all overseas transactions to avoid getting into any legal trouble, and you disguised yourself as a Japanese player, complete with a fake name and address? Yeah, funny how that works, it's as if they don't know that you are a foreigner who lied about his identity.

Shear
Jul 8, 2014, 01:09 AM
daaaaaang that was a good diss.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2014, 02:01 AM
Because they have a conscious. I mean... I would hope, business doesn't tend to work that way though.

Aww, you're so cute. I just wanna eatchu up.

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2014, 03:23 AM

*Hugs Kondi* This is exactly what I was thinking. xD

/slaps both your hands away from the keyboards.

NONE OF THAT HAND HOLDING NAIVE SHIT DIS IS PSOWORLD-

Oh wait.

Shinamori
Jul 8, 2014, 04:35 AM
So, if you get banned, do you get an e-mail saying so?

Sizustar
Jul 8, 2014, 04:59 AM
So, if you get banned, do you get an e-mail saying so?

You might.
But you'll see a 8XX number message when you login, then you'll have to fill out a support ticket.

reaper527
Jul 8, 2014, 10:00 AM
You mean, after they blocked all overseas transactions to avoid getting into any legal trouble

as i said last time you made this claim (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3159948#post3159948), citation needed.

Sp-24
Jul 8, 2014, 10:31 AM
No citation, sorry. Have this blog post (http://lifehacker.com/why-do-media-companies-block-movies-music-and-tv-base-1509912540) about music and video with no references instead.

Now, of course, Sega could have paid millions to license PSO2 worldwide, but didn't advertise it anywhere, and only pretends to not support foreigners out of xenophobia. But, still, there probably is a reason why you can buy AC with services that are allowed to make transactions in Japan.

NoiseHERO
Jul 8, 2014, 10:38 AM
They also gave all our money back after blocking our money.

It was pretty cool getting 30 dollars back. <_>

(some people got back hundreds.)

reaper527
Jul 8, 2014, 11:03 AM
No citation, sorry. Have this blog post (http://lifehacker.com/why-do-media-companies-block-movies-music-and-tv-base-1509912540) about music and video with no references instead.

Now, of course, Sega could have paid millions to license PSO2 worldwide, but didn't advertise it anywhere, and only pretends to not support foreigners out of xenophobia. But, still, there probably is a reason why you can buy AC with services that are allowed to make transactions in Japan.

translation: you are speculating and have no backing for your claims.

minim
Jul 8, 2014, 11:39 AM
not that i care but people like sp24 will bring up 3rd party content. so the claim goes that sega has paid other makers of content to be able to show their content to the consumers..... but the agreement only geives them the rights to show it to people who are ruled by the japanese governkment. a 3rd party might make such an agreement because it might not have. of couse it'd be an extremely difficult thing to prove either way since you'd have to have access to all the agreements sega made with other content makers, many of which might not be public. i don't know or care if sp24 claimed to know that at least on of the agreements sega made was such an agreement or was just stating his or her best guess as a fact as we all do sometimes. but if i were sega i'd just go ahead and blame it or dr. ivo robotnik or perhaps julian if they're feeling adventurous

Sp-24
Jul 8, 2014, 12:35 PM
translation: you are speculating and have no backing for your claims.
Well, okay, sure. I was lying. Guilty as charged. There goes my hard-earned reputation, thanks a lot for being so stingy!

Now, the truth. Sega actually can legally let people play PSO2 worldwide. There's nothing stopping them. However, things still aren't very simple, as foreign transactions are a subject to taxation (http://www.nta.go.jp/taxanswer/english/12007.htm) in Japan (unlike in whatever country you come from, I assume), in addition to any regional taxes that Sega must pay in countries that they decide to provide their PSO2 service to. And, depending on their foreign income's volume, they may affect Sega's overall income, too. In a bad way at that, since, as you may have noticed, the more you earn from other countries, the higher is your tax, and you can even exceed your foreign tax credit.

There are many factors that would pressure Sega if they decide to roll PSO2 out on a global market, all associated with spending that is an inevitable outcome of going out of their established market in Japan. But, do you honestly expect me to list them all to people who would rather believe that Sega wants to instate Sakai as the Fourth Reich when, in the end, Sega just isn't allowed to provide the PSO2 service outside of Japan?

But, of course, it's just speculation, since, until I, personally, link to every single article of the worldwide laws, and then make a tl;dr summary of each, they simply don't exist. Of course they don't! After all, which is easier: to look up things that you will eventually have to deal with yourself, such as laws and policies, or pretend that they don't exist on an internet forum?

Z-0
Jul 8, 2014, 01:28 PM
I hate it when people tell the truth, damnit. We don't want to know, mate.

reaper527
Jul 8, 2014, 01:34 PM
Well, okay, sure. I was lying. Guilty as charged. There goes my hard-earned reputation, thanks a lot for being so stingy!

Now, the truth. Sega actually can legally let people play PSO2 worldwide. There's nothing stopping them. However, things still aren't very simple, as foreign transactions are a subject to taxation (http://www.nta.go.jp/taxanswer/english/12007.htm) in Japan (unlike in whatever country you come from, I assume), in addition to any regional taxes that Sega must pay in countries that they decide to provide their PSO2 service to. And, depending on their foreign income's volume, they may affect Sega's overall income, too. In a bad way at that, since, as you may have noticed, the more you earn from other countries, the higher is your tax, and you can even exceed your foreign tax credit.

yes there are tax concerns, but taxed money is always going to provide more money in the end than no money at all. we are talking about worldwide companies here. sega makes money from outside of japan every day, taxes happen. there is nothing special about pso2 in that regard. to say that sega is turning down money because of tax concerns is absurd.

There are many factors that would pressure Sega if they decide to roll PSO2 out on a global market, all associated with spending that is an inevitable outcome of going out of their established market in Japan. But, do you honestly expect me to list them all to people who would rather believe that Sega wants to instate Sakai as the Fourth Reich when, in the end, Sega just isn't allowed to provide the PSO2 service outside of Japan?

we just went over this. you have no backing to support the claim sega isn't allowed to provide service outside of japan and have even admitted so.

But, of course, it's just speculation, since, until I, personally, link to every single article of the worldwide laws, and then make a tl;dr summary of each, they simply don't exist. Of course they don't! After all, which is easier: to look up things that you will eventually have to deal with yourself, such as laws and policies, or pretend that they don't exist on an internet forum?

yes, it is speculation until you can point to a SINGLE piece of legislature that says "it is illegal for a japanese company to accept money from a foreigner" as you have been claiming.

when you make absurd claims the burden of proof is on you to back them up.

Asellus
Jul 8, 2014, 01:38 PM

How many commas do you need? Holy shit, reading your posts is like reading a terrible book.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2014, 01:53 PM
Truth be told, if I wrote that post about half of those commas would be semicolons.

Z-0
Jul 8, 2014, 02:02 PM
You talk like his comma usage is wrong. It's 100% correct. While not descriptively nor prescriptively necessary for all those commas to exist, none of them are incorrectly placed.

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2014, 02:08 PM
Truth be told, if I wrote that post about half of those commas would be semicolons.Semicolons are great; I wish they weren't so underused.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2014, 03:59 PM
It's quite entertaining to see dodos rage on someone for using the English language correctly.

Also, if I remember, Sp-24's first language isn't even English, which explains why he has a more refined mastery of it than those who criticize him.

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2014, 04:28 PM
Correct or not, it doesn't flow well, which is probably why it even came up. Something can be grammatically correct and flow like crap.

I don't really see what the big deal is either way though. It's a forum post, not an essay.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 8, 2014, 04:59 PM
so iz hear we haz a grama Nazi on ze forumz iz wonderz canz ze grammar nazi helpz mez with my englizish
iz reallyz suxs wiz zit

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2014, 05:08 PM
so iz hear we haz a grama Nazi on ze forumz iz wonderz canz ze grammar nazi helpz mez with my englizish
iz reallyz suxs wiz zitThere's a difference between occasional comma splices, and intentionally making what you write borderline incomprehensible, just to rustle people's jimmies. Don't do that.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2014, 05:09 PM
englizish iz reallyz suxs wiz zit

Based on some of your previous posts that I've read, this is truer than you think, unfortunately.

IndignationSWF
Jul 8, 2014, 05:14 PM
And suddenly it feels like Middle School all over again.

n_n
Jul 8, 2014, 05:24 PM
iz reallyz suxs wiz zit
Please stop it -- you're acting like a child here.

gigawuts
Jul 8, 2014, 05:26 PM

Acting?

Kondibon
Jul 8, 2014, 05:27 PM
I feel that how easy it is to derail threads, just by bringing up commas, shows how little we care or have to say about the original topic.

IndignationSWF
Jul 8, 2014, 05:31 PM
I feel that how easy it is to derail threads, just by bringing up commas, shows how little we care or have to say about the original topic.
This thread was only gonna go out one of two ways; Down like the Titanic under the salty tears of certain people, or adrift ashore on the Isles of 'Meh'.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 8, 2014, 05:45 PM

Well, after 22 pages....

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 8, 2014, 07:36 PM
Based on some of your previous posts that I've read, this is truer than you think, unfortunately. this here is proving my point on why i hate grammar Nazis
because they think everything has to be written perfectly to there standards

grammar Nazis act like a child cause they try to piss people off by correcting even the smallest of mistakes and they don't care if anybody sucks at english

i would love to see grammar Nazis try and correct chinese because grammar is almost non existent in the chinese language

BahnKnakyu
Jul 8, 2014, 07:39 PM
So guys, about that IP routing issue...

Xaelouse
Jul 8, 2014, 07:41 PM
So guys, about that IP routing issue...

...that's been discuss to hell and back here?
better start using VPN/Amazon because you're blocked for good gaijin

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 8, 2014, 08:06 PM
...that's been discuss to hell and back here?
better start using VPN/Amazon because you're blocked for good gaijin

discussed to hell and you still missed the actual important information ISPS have said it can take up to 30 days after the DDOS attack ends

PSchiZ
Jul 8, 2014, 10:37 PM
they think everything has to be written perfectly to their standards

Fixed

Also it's not "their" standards...its the standard

This thread though

BahnKnakyu
Jul 8, 2014, 10:50 PM
Fixed

Also it's not "their" standards...its the standard

This thread though

*it's

I love this thread.

PSchiZ
Jul 8, 2014, 10:58 PM
*it's

I love this thread.

Well, you gots me there

lol

Chik'Tikka
Jul 9, 2014, 12:42 AM

Not to mention the Merchant Fees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merchant_account#Authorization_fee) that SEGA had to deal with+^_^+ Visa and MasterCard have a 2% merchant fee + up to another 1% for international transactions (+ the fees the financial institution that SEGA is using). Many of these fees would be charged whether or not the payment was approved or even successfully transferred. American Express has a flat 5% fee but doesn't charge more or require additional paperwork for international transactions+^_^+

Down to "brass tacks", SEGAC just wasn't getting enough money from us and probably felt cheated (knowing the majority of us would find another way to buy AC without them losing as much profit)+^_^+ And on top of that, local Internet laws aren't as "vague" as they were even 6 years ago. Nations divided their borders and laws in the real world, now they are trying to define their own little spots in the virtual world too+^_^+ I don't know much about Japanese laws, but maybe there's something new like "you can't legally except payment for an online service and then be unable to support that service for that customer" or some such nonsense+^_^+

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 01:22 AM
tl;dr -
SegaC isnt stupid. They know business even if they dont care for consumers. No amount of "WELL I GUESS SEGA DOESN'T WANT OUR MONEY HURR" or "I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT SEGA IS THINKING. IT'S SO CLEAR." or even, "SEGA DOESNT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MISSING MAN. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE TANKING." is going to change the fact that Sega is hand-over-fist with profits because they're good at money and the fact that we're dealing with all this nonsense means this was were the highest net gain of money lay.

They're not going out of their way for us because there are costs prohibiting even considering such course of action, and we're (mostly) blind to the details of what it is.

gaijin_punch
Jul 9, 2014, 01:27 AM
foreign transactions are a subject to taxation in Japan (unlike in whatever country you come from, I assume),

I think that link is complicating things (for this case). I operated a company and 100% of my income came from abroad. I had to pay consumption tax on those goods (after 3 years), which was a huge hit. I'd have to have paid it if I sold them locally as well. Income was either paid for by bank xfer or Paypal. I had a professional CPA do all my books. :)

Does it even show up as foreign when payment comes through a credit card? Even from a foreign bank?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 9, 2014, 01:32 AM
I think that link is complicating things (for this case). I operated a company and 100% of my income came from abroad. I had to pay consumption tax on those goods (after 3 years), which was a huge hit. I'd have to have paid it if I sold them locally as well. Income was either paid for by bank xfer or Paypal. I had a professional CPA do all my books. :)

Does it even show up as foreign when payment comes through a credit card? Even from a foreign bank?

i think it does if it's with Visa/MC (not sure about other internationally accepted CCs), something about each region having it's own CC network+^_^+

Chdata
Jul 9, 2014, 01:36 AM
gonna have to go on the segajp xenophobe boat.

Even if EN releases, it's going to be years behind in development and not get the same features as JP. Stupid.

Brelovix
Jul 9, 2014, 01:54 PM
I'll admit that I do have the feeling SEGA JP is a little Xenophobic, though I do not entirely think it is true. Overall I feel as if Phantasy Star games are more of a prized thing when it comes to Japan, so yeah some of the things in the game will be JP exclusive.

Now when it comes to the English version not having the same content as the Japanese version upon release, you have to stop and think about if for a minute. Think about how much time the games lifespan has been wasted because of all those things being included in the base copy of the game. Of course I do not know what the release road-map (so to speak) is for new content in the JP version, so I can't say for sure that the English versions lifespan will be like cut in half. But I am almost certain this is why the English version starts fresh, like come on.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 01:57 PM
I would not call sega jp xenophobic. I just find them incompetent outside their weaknesses and take no steps to address it. But just because you are getting blocked after YEAR of access is kind of silly. Continue to overreact while I chant Deutchland at the world cup.

Friyn
Jul 9, 2014, 02:24 PM
I can't no longer hold this back. You people are fucking retarded, yes, you truly are. I mean...seriously....sigh, whatever.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 02:51 PM
Don't insult the truly retarded people. Yes they are being silly. Meanwhile I been playing this and other games and enjoying myself. Played Warframe while my IP fixed the block. :)