PDA

View Full Version : Hide My Ass VPN?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 01:03 PM
i've gotten recommendations for it does it give a unique ip, and is it stable connection in anyway? im gonna wait either way but id like to know for reference purposes in the future should i need to use it if the problems are never sorted out xD

un1t27
Jul 4, 2014, 01:05 PM
ban coming

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 01:07 PM
ban coming

in other words dont use it? thanks for reply :)

un1t27
Jul 4, 2014, 01:35 PM
in other words dont use it? thanks for reply :)

exactly that

Terrence
Jul 4, 2014, 02:09 PM
Ignorant people saying bullshit entertain me so much. Do you use a VPN ? Did you get ban because of it ? Do you know a friend who got ban for using it ? Do you even know what a VPN is or do you just repeat what other assholes are saying all over this Forum ? Is it against SEGA TOS ? Yes. But many members of my Team use a VPN since July 2012 and they never got any issue. So, using a VPN doesn't mean ban ban ban. Stop fucking with people searching for a solution to play their favorite game... Thanks.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 4, 2014, 02:10 PM
Ignorant people saying bullshit entertain me so much. Do you use a VPN ? Did you get ban because of it ? Do you know a friend who got ban for using it ? Do you even know what a VPN is or do you just repeat what other assholes are saying all over this Forum ? Is it against SEGA TOS ? Yes. But many members of my Team use a VPN since July 2012 and they never got any issue. So, using a VPN doesn't mean ban ban ban. Stop fucking with people searching for a solution to play their favorite game... Thanks.

ty :)

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 02:11 PM
only thing people are getting banned for is changing there email address apparently.

Chrishehe
Jul 4, 2014, 02:16 PM
i was banned from command & conquer tiberian sun so i used the hma vpn and it worked pretty much flawlessly for that game. works for psobb on third party server i was banned from as well just fine. places like 4chan have banned hidemyass completely from their site as far as i know. it will literally redirect you to 4chan asking you to pay for a premium membership if you wanna use a vpn on their site lol.

when i used hidemyass there werent that many japanese servers to pick from but there are a lot. obviously back then though i wanted to use the servers in my city for less lag though. but yeah hidemyass is pretty good service. was happy with it

n_n
Jul 4, 2014, 03:18 PM
only thing people are getting banned for is changing there email address apparently.
No. There are people(including myself) who got banned while playing on VPN without changing anything on their Sega account.

Z-0
Jul 4, 2014, 03:21 PM
Don't be fucking delusional, you can be banned for using VPN or other related services. People on this forum...

BlankM
Jul 4, 2014, 03:23 PM

Not true. Accounts have been banned for logging in with a VPN just once.

If you're not banned for using it yet just consider yourself lucky.

DJcooltrainer
Jul 4, 2014, 03:25 PM
HideMyAss has a pretty sketchy reputation, if you must use a VPN I'd look into something a little more reputable. I know that people who use a VPN for security reasons won't touch HideMyAss with a 20 foot pole.

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 03:29 PM
my bad, always thought it was just because of email thing.

Yamishi
Jul 4, 2014, 03:29 PM
I have a question for those who did get banned: How long was it between when you connected through the VPN and when you got banned? Immediately? Same day?

n_n
Jul 4, 2014, 03:36 PM
I have a question for those who did get banned: How long was it between when you connected through the VPN and when you got banned? Immediately? Same day?
I got banned 24-26 hours later after my first connection...the ban happened while I was offline and asleep. Also, it was during Sega's business hours, so it was definitely a manual ban.

edit: here's the picture I took that morning in case people think I'm lying or something...
http://puu.sh/9WYxT/912191349c.jpg

un1t27
Jul 4, 2014, 03:51 PM
Hey son, take notes....

I got banned 24-26 hours later after my first connection...the ban happened while I was offline and asleep. Also, it was during Sega's business hours, so it was definitely a manual ban.

edit: here's the picture I took that morning in case people think I'm lying or something...
http://puu.sh/9WYxT/912191349c.jpg

Misaki Ki
Jul 4, 2014, 04:15 PM
That better not be a free VPN or PingZapper, since those aren't great examples to use.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 4, 2014, 04:16 PM
people vpnin to play this game makes me chuckle idk why

btw-Niji
Jul 4, 2014, 04:34 PM
That better not be a free VPN or PingZapper, since those aren't great examples to use.
Regardless if the VPN is paid or not, there is a chance your account will get flagged and possibly banned since you're connecting with a IP range that is (very) different from your usual one. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. PSOW is full of ignorant and delusional people, man.

DJcooltrainer
Jul 4, 2014, 04:48 PM
Regardless if the VPN is paid or not, there is a chance your account will get flagged and possibly banned since you're connecting with a IP range that is (very) different from your usual one. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. PSOW is full of ignorant and delusional people, man.

People in Japan use VPNs too, they also travel a lot. While I'm sure there is probably some kind of flagging going on right now, simply connecting from an IP address that's outside of your normal range probably isn't enough to constitute a ban. I'd assume there was something else 'suspicious' about the accounts in question being banned. Or, it's a manual process and SEGA is just doing a terrible job about keeping people out.

Remember when people were registering addresses to their account to purchase AC, and they put in something stupid like the address to a KFC or to the SEGA HQ? These kinds of things also look pretty suspicious, I'm sure. I'd be curious to see if any of the people banned registered with false information, what VPN services they were using, etc.

I'm glad I have my account registered with my legitimate Japanese mailing address and phone number :D

Vintasticvin
Jul 4, 2014, 04:54 PM
This thread..

http://youtu.be/Z21rqDE5mjw

Misaki Ki
Jul 4, 2014, 04:58 PM

I've been changing IPs since the game started. You're afraid, I know. It's always common, it happens for every situation that comes up. People were afraid to apply for compensation when the official launcher would delete data from the hard drives for fears of being banned. The ones who weren't got $100 in AC.

I know the risks fully, but most of the risk (at this moment in time, it could change) is having your account flagged for suspicious activity. Typically that means sharing your IP with many others at the same time. It's why people rushing for SoftEther and PingZapper were the first to get banned. It's why people using Amazon's EC2 service haven't been banned. Yes it's true a paid VPN shares the risks of SoftEther, but it's still far more safer. Think of it like hookers and STDs, or something.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that. PSOW is full of ignorant and delusional people, man.

Really though, has anyone using a paid service been banned? I know it's entirely possible, but I haven't seen it myself yet.

Raid_Hirsh
Jul 5, 2014, 05:53 AM
HideMyAss has a pretty sketchy reputation, if you must use a VPN I'd look into something a little more reputable. I know that people who use a VPN for security reasons won't touch HideMyAss with a 20 foot pole.

You don't even have to research the logistics to know that the VPN itself is very questionable. The name alone gives it away.

PSOW is full of ignorant and delusional people, man.

Welcome to the world of Phantasy Star Online! 8-)

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 5, 2014, 07:50 AM
i have been banned from other JP MMOS using VPNS and i played those solo and never said a word to anybody
so VPNS can be banned
i can't speak for PSO2 but i can speak for VPNS getting banned from JP MMOS

so you can decide whether you want to take the chance or not

Evil_Clown712
Jul 5, 2014, 09:09 PM
I've been using a VPN for a little over a week now and I've not noticed anything different. The only reason I used it was to log in and be able to play, seems they don't care much for the western audience seeing as connecting to a Jap server in my VPN clears me right through. I probably get better connection than before the attacks using this VPN, too.

To be honest, I didn't know I could get banned for using a VPN. I'm still going to do it, though, because I love playing this game. If I get banned then so be it, they'll lose me as a player and they'll probably prefer it that way. That's how this seems to work, from what I've read here, so there's really nothing that can be done. Just remember even having the Eng patches violates their agreements, so it's not like you can be a saint throughout the whole process.

BTW, I recommend finding a better VPN or one not nearly as sketchy (or widely used) as most of what you were previously recommended. I'm using one that I'm assuming isn't used much for PSO2 so I'm sure I'm mostly in the clear, that doesn't mean I'm not prepared for a ban, though.

Misaki Ki
Jul 6, 2014, 02:53 AM
Yeah, nailed it on avoiding widely used ones as well. Typically you'll be fine, but with so many people connecting you'd probably want to look at EC2 SSH Tunneling which the guide should be on the first page still.

Random thing, I actually have near 20 IP changes out of my last 50 connections. Ufufu~

UnLucky
Jul 6, 2014, 03:06 AM
People were afraid to apply for compensation when the official launcher would delete data from the hard drives for fears of being banned. The ones who weren't got $100 in AC.

Really though, has anyone using a paid service been banned? I know it's entirely possible, but I haven't seen it myself yet.
I applied for compensation, but they deemed me ineligible since I never actually used the official launcher. Funny thing, that, since they must have checked my connection logs as I had clearly played the game during that time. Didn't get banned then, and I didn't get banned for using SoftEther VPN nor PingZapper.

As it is there aren't that many banned accounts for how many people circumvented the block. Though whether or not a private VPN or other paid service is any safer, you wouldn't see too many posts about getting banned for it since there are fewer people willing to pay for a free game (even signing up for a trial version).

MegaRocker1987
Jul 6, 2014, 02:07 PM
i found a good paid vpn to use and its fast and reliable and hides ure connection good ty please lock this thread :)

pkemr4
Jul 6, 2014, 02:32 PM
do share.

FireswordRus
Jul 6, 2014, 02:34 PM
http://incloak.com/vpn/

MegaRocker1987
Jul 6, 2014, 04:46 PM
do share.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn

Misaki Ki
Jul 7, 2014, 07:56 AM
I applied for compensation, but they deemed me ineligible since I never actually used the official launcher. Funny thing, that, since they must have checked my connection logs as I had clearly played the game during that time. Didn't get banned then, and I didn't get banned for using SoftEther VPN nor PingZapper.

As it is there aren't that many banned accounts for how many people circumvented the block. Though whether or not a private VPN or other paid service is any safer, you wouldn't see too many posts about getting banned for it since there are fewer people willing to pay for a free game (even signing up for a trial version).

Well, you didn't get banned which was the primary fear.

On the second part, what you said is a bit redundant. The fact that there are fewer people is the whole idea.