PDA

View Full Version : Cox ISP Users

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure how many Cox users there are out there. But I'm in hopes that there are enough to help with this ISP's issue.

Past few days I've been in contact trying to get through to someone who had enough sense to know what I was talking about as well as not treating me like an imbecile. (Funny how they always think a 'refresh' will fix everything)

Anyways, after finally reaching a supervisor that understood everything. He told me that the best thing to do is to have enough people contact them about the blacklist. It will help escalate the removal. Unless they get enough users to call in the issue it could take a month or more for anything to be done automatically.

So I urge any Cox users that may be here to contact them and basically just bug the hell out of them. I plan to. Thanks is advance!! And good luck reconnecting!

Miwako
Jul 4, 2014, 01:35 PM
I called them as well. After having to explain that it wasn't a block from my virus protection or the browser I was using, she finally contacted her super to ask them. They said they did know of the issue had heard about it already and the only way to get it removed was to basically see that there was a number of ppl really wanting it removed. The more voice the more action. Be sure though to mention it was a DDoS that caused the block. It is on their end and when running the tracert it stops at Cox and goes no further. Also tell them that site and game have put up all the precautionary things to prevent more DDoS attacks and is now considered a safe site and host. Cox seems to have issues with anything they find that causes a magnitude of ppl to suffer from virus's thus forth their system blocks it for everyone. So basically, we are just trying to push it along. Good luck guys! Hope this helps!

CoolCast
Jul 4, 2014, 01:38 PM
I have cox as well. What number did you call and who did you ask to speak to so i dont have go around in circle forever?

Miwako
Jul 4, 2014, 01:50 PM
I just called the local number and asked for tech support. Basically it sucked bc they aren't trained in any of that stuff. She didn't have a clue till she talked to the supervisor. They know of the situation but not sure how many of the smaller forms of the company know. So remember when dealing with them to keep telling them that it is not on our own end. That it is in the main backbone of the company that has it blocked. Be sure to mention other companies like Time Warner have already removed it on their systems blacklist so that they know other companies are already doing so.

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 02:05 PM
I called the local number I have. Pretty sure it routed to wherever call center. I bounced around a good while. Cause we all know how smart level 1 techs are.... I did have to ask for the supervisor a couple of times. But with enough patience combine with polite frustration I got a person who had enough sense to know what I was talking about. Just gotta keep at it and insist you need to speak to someone higher than what they are.

Anon_Fire
Jul 4, 2014, 03:29 PM
My ISP is Cox, but I actually never took the chance to call them about this problem.

Salteh
Jul 4, 2014, 05:48 PM
So i know i'm probably beating a dead horse with this one, but have any cox users been able to connect/put a dent in the removal of the block of pso2 on cox's end sorry if i have my info incorrect :)

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah I made a thread on this earlier about Cox users

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220457

Salteh
Jul 4, 2014, 05:53 PM
Hokay sorry i didnt look further sucks that it could last a period of months for us to connect

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 05:54 PM
I just finished a call with Cox and got to talk to the people that talk to the engineer's. They do say its on their side for the block. A ticket has been submitted to the engineer's and will be resolved in 24hrs. Tho I'm not going to hold my breath.

If things do get better tomorrow I'll be happy ^^
If not, I'll have even more reason to call and show more frustration tomorrow.

The more people call and bug them the more success we'll have getting this block lifted from the Cox side.

Salteh
Jul 4, 2014, 05:58 PM
Dragonlily the savior of us cox users :P

windorf
Jul 4, 2014, 06:04 PM
I was reading another ISP blocked thread. Then I was thinking to myself, "Man i'm probably the only one with Cox..." At least I was proven wrong :). Anyway, when you guys called what did you say you were being blocked on the site or the actual game?

Marzo
Jul 4, 2014, 06:06 PM
A good and easy way to get in contact with Cox is through their live chat. I got in contact with someone almost instantly.

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 06:17 PM
I called with my tracert info ready showing that everything was being stopped from the cox side. I made sure they knew that my tracert was for pso2 ship 2 (the ship I play on)

The real obstacle tho is getting past the level 1 techs. Most of the time they want to check your router, have you refresh the system. When you put in words like DDoS, backbone and tracert; its like you're speaking a different language. So if you're talking to Cox make sure you let them know you want to speak to a supervisor or a higher level tech.

This is the tracert I used if you like to have more information on your side when contacting.

In cmd prompt type: tracert gs016.pso2gs.net --- that's to ship 2

You should see it connect with the cox end to going out but then when attempting to connect to the pso2 ship it'll just time out several times.

windorf
Jul 4, 2014, 06:32 PM
I called with my tracert info ready showing that everything was being stopped from the cox side. I made sure they knew that my tracert was for pso2 ship 2 (the ship I play on)

The real obstacle tho is getting past the level 1 techs. Most of the time they want to check your router, have you refresh the system. When you put in words like DDoS, backbone and tracert; its like you're speaking a different language. So if you're talking to Cox make sure you let them know you want to speak to a supervisor or a higher level tech.

This is the tracert I used if you like to have more information on your side when contacting.

In cmd prompt type: tracert gs016.pso2gs.net --- that's to ship 2

You should see it connect with the cox end to going out but then when attempting to connect to the pso2 ship it'll just time out several times.

Whoa...how did you find the route for ship 2? And i'm talking with someone right now, I told them I can't connect to pso2.jp and they have it blocked. They replied with that they don't block websites XD. What should I say? I can't connect to this game. Because it's blocked? Or what?

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 06:37 PM
Whoa...how did you find the route for ship 2? And i'm talking with someone right now, I told them I can't connect to pso2.jp and they have it blocked. They replied with that they don't block websites XD. What should I say? I can't connect to this game. Because it's blocked? Or what?

Let them know you can't connect to the game. They are blocking the route to the servers. Because of the DDoS its been blacklisted.

reaper527
Jul 4, 2014, 07:01 PM

specifically, tell them that a trace route is showing that the connection is dying on their servers. they might ask you for a copy of the tracert, so be prepared to give that too them you can pipe the results into a text file with this:

tracert pso2.jp > c:\pso2trace.txt

(just look on your c root for the text file)

the other important thing to let them know is that people on other isp's can connect without issue, and www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com says the site is up.

GHNeko
Jul 4, 2014, 08:58 PM
It's not hard getting past the level 1 tech support guys. The first thing I did was ask to talk to their highest level tech support because I had some questions regarding their backbone provider and be being unable to access some servers due to a DDoS.

The hilariously glorious part about level 1 tech support is the fact that when you start throwing technobabble in their faces e.g. "Yeah I did couple of tracerts and pings to a server in japan and those stop dead in their tracks before leaving USA. The server was DDoS'd so I'm calling to find out some information about your backbone provider. Can you transfer me to your highest level tech support?"

They tend to get overwhelemed by that type of vocab so they're usually glad to transfer you away so they dont have to deal with trying to understand what the hell you're saying since they're probably of the stance; "Well I have no clue what this guy is talking about..."

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3156561#post3156561

This is my experience with Cox.

I'll probably call them tomorrow again so that I can heckle them to stop this nonsense.

;_;

okay.

Miwako
Jul 4, 2014, 09:02 PM
Basically all ISPs have a system where as soon as a lot of ppl with their service start getting virus's from a specific site it will trigger the main system to blacklist the site. With DDoS basically the same thing happens. So you have to keep letting them know that other ISPs have already removed it from blacklist now that the DDoS attack has calmed down and it is now safe again. It's trying to convince them that the site and game server are no longer a threat that tends to be the problem. As I was told they are very strict with possibly "dangerous" sites since they are responsible for protecting a lot of customers. She even said that the more people prove that they want to be able to use game contact Cox asking for it to be removed they will push it further. Hope we can get it fixed soon! I need my PSO2 fix!

Dragonlily
Jul 4, 2014, 09:12 PM

;_;

okay.

lol No worries ^^ You helped me spearhead my own attack at Cox. If I didn't read your posts I wouldn't have started digging for my own knowledge of how all this all works. So thank you. Now I just want to help other Cox users bug Cox to get us through ^^

Anon_Fire
Jul 4, 2014, 10:39 PM
I hope this gets resolved soon.

windorf
Jul 5, 2014, 01:52 AM
I hope this gets resolved soon.

Fastest way for it to be resolved, is for you to put your part in too. Call them up.

Uncle_bob
Jul 5, 2014, 03:08 AM
Lol Cox isn't going to be able to do anything about an IP block.

Anyone remember Cox's old slogan? "Cox in Demand!"

Man how did ANYONE think that was a good idea.

Dragonlily
Jul 5, 2014, 02:54 PM
Day 2 of calling Cox.

I got a lot further today! I had a feeling the tech 2 guy I spoke to yesterday didn't completely understand me. I was right. The gentlemen I worked with today was a big help and understood me because he's a gamer!! In fact he has also played PSO2 and knew what I was talking about! Hurray!

Anyways lol...
After sitting on the phone for an hour with this guy a real ticket has been submitted and I expect to be called back about whether or not anything could be done. After taking pings from 3 different website; 2 non working and 1 working and sending pictures of all that information including the tracert, I feel there is much more headway.

Even testing it himself there was no leaving the country from cox's side. The tech was surprised that TWC was already reconnecting before Cox. Of course he explained why things get blocked because of the DDoS attack to protect us. However usually they're pretty ontop of unblocking things when the threat is gone. He did tell me to urge others to call cox and get to the tier 2 reps. More demand, faster resolve.

His name was Tre btw, awesome guy. Be prepared to take pic's of pings and tracerts for a complete ticket!

Hope this helps get our ISP to unblock!

Smithee
Jul 5, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm just gonna sit here and laugh at the fact that you guys are users of cocks .-.b

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2014, 03:27 PM
Really, there's a company out there called Cox? Are they good or do they suck :p

Miwako
Jul 5, 2014, 04:49 PM
They aren't that bad once you get passed the level 1 techs that get trained with a little book in front of them reading it line by line like drones on a daily basis... Have to admit though, I liked how some of their lack of knowledge can save a customer money... I've gotten a few months free because of it.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 5, 2014, 05:09 PM
dey say if u don't use it u lose it we'll see

GHNeko
Jul 5, 2014, 05:52 PM
Really, there's a company out there called Cox? Are they good or do they suck :p

They're amazing.

The only thing I dislike about Cox are their price:speed ratio.

Other than that.

<3 Cox.

CoolCast
Jul 5, 2014, 07:24 PM
Had a ticket submitted today after pressing the issue, told to wait for another tech to call me back within 48hrs to further address the issue.

Marzo
Jul 5, 2014, 07:41 PM
The first tech I talked to (last Wednesday) sent in a ticket and said should be fixed in 48 hours. Of course, I did not have high hopes, but I'm sure if we keep getting those tickets in, we might see light at the end of the tunnel.

Not expecting anything this weekend though because of the holiday weekend.

LordKaiser
Jul 6, 2014, 02:52 AM
I will contact my ISP this week to see if they can give me acces to pso2.jp and this website since I'm logging here with a smartphone and it's a pain to type.

I hope that they can fix it so I can finally launch the game and make meseta.

windorf
Jul 6, 2014, 02:53 AM
There is hope for us who have our homes filled with Cox, yet! Oh..what a bad pun.

Amberpelt
Jul 6, 2014, 01:11 PM
anyone have luck.

was on the phone with 2 cox people. (first one "accidently" hung up after confirming she couldnt connect to pso2.jp)

2nd one confirmed the problem as well. had me try my phone (he tried his) and all failed.
he say its on PSO2's end as they aren't blocking it.

and he said he'd forward me to an expert. the expert didnt know what to do.

who the heck do they hire at cox?

Dragonlily
Jul 6, 2014, 01:28 PM
I was able to get a good tech who happened to be a gamer. It is on cox's side not pso2. He confirmed that its their servers causing the block due to a blacklist. A ticket was made on my behalf with all the bells and whistles. I got lucky tho. This guy knew what I was talking about cause he's a gamer himself. Even played pso2. I'm going to wait till tomorrow before calling him back to see how things are coming. I wasn't expecting too much being a holiday weekend. Definitely keep trying tho! There are techs out there that know what they're doing!

windorf
Jul 6, 2014, 01:30 PM
2nd one confirmed the problem as well. had me try my phone (he tried his) and all failed.
he say its on PSO2's end as they aren't blocking it.

You should have told him to check with a proxy. I was looking all around and found a site that lets you get in. Since you need a JP proxy site to give you a JP IP adress. Most of the proxies are from USA or another country. Japanwebproxy.com It might take a while to load. It could just load halfway. But it proves that the site is up.

Amberpelt
Jul 6, 2014, 02:28 PM
I was able to get a good tech who happened to be a gamer. It is on cox's side not pso2. He confirmed that its their servers causing the block due to a blacklist. A ticket was made on my behalf with all the bells and whistles. I got lucky tho. This guy knew what I was talking about cause he's a gamer himself. Even played pso2. I'm going to wait till tomorrow before calling him back to see how things are coming. I wasn't expecting too much being a holiday weekend. Definitely keep trying tho! There are techs out there that know what they're doing!

can u get his name? that way i can request him instead of the people who dont know what they doing

Dragonlily
Jul 6, 2014, 02:38 PM
His name was Tre, tho idk if you'll be able to connect to him. I'm not sure how the call centers route from different areas.

Amberpelt
Jul 6, 2014, 03:05 PM
His name was Tre, tho idk if you'll be able to connect to him. I'm not sure how the call centers route from different areas.

we both in arizona. as for me...i just called. they told me "nope its the website not us"

....i dont trust them =/
P.S. it was a female i talked to. she was so lazy she said the pso2 site must be down. i asked her to try to connect. and 2 secounds later she said "yep its down. sorry its thier problem. not ours"

it takes my computer 10 secounds to load the cannot connect page.
it took the previous tech 20 secounds to laod the cannot connect page.

took her 2 secs? she just lazy...

Miwako
Jul 6, 2014, 03:45 PM
we both in arizona. as for me...i just called. they told me "nope its the website not us"

....i dont trust them =/
P.S. it was a female i talked to. she was so lazy she said the pso2 site must be down. i asked her to try to connect. and 2 secounds later she said "yep its down. sorry its thier problem. not ours"

it takes my computer 10 secounds to load the cannot connect page.
it took the previous tech 20 secounds to laod the cannot connect page.

took her 2 secs? she just lazy...

I live in AZ too and I ended up having to explain it to the lady I spoke to as well. Keep stressing that it was put on the system's blacklist from a less then recent DDoS. Tell them the tracert ran ended at Cox not at PSO2's site or anything else. It is indeed on Cox's end. If they still act lazy tell them you would like to speak to a lvl 2 tech that actually knows how to look things up better then reading "What to do's" out of a manual. Trust me, I got very cocky with the woman I spoke to since she seemed to be oblivious to anything beyond, Virus program blocking it and my web browser. Be sure to mention that ALL ISPs have had the same issue and that some have already removed the block, and that they are behind on their service!!! They seem to hate it... >.> Just make sure u mention the tracert... infact tell them to do the tracert so they can see it stopping right at them. Good luck!!!

Dragonlily
Jul 6, 2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah I had a few lvl 1 techs that thought they could handle the issue. It's then I challenged them. Asked them what they're tracert was, what the ping was, gave exact tracert destination. Asked if its not them then tell me which side of the internet backbone its blocked from. Then tell them I've been a customer for 14 years, if you're too confused with everything just send me to tech level 2. True my first lvl 2 tech was a dunce.... but at least understood the language. But I swear nobody understands like a gamer. Hence the reason why I got so far with Tre. He might be off today, I remember him saying he won't be back till monday during my 10 pings of 3 different websites (fun fun).

Amberpelt
Jul 6, 2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah I had a few lvl 1 techs that thought they could handle the issue. It's then I challenged them. Asked them what they're tracert was, what the ping was, gave exact tracert destination. Asked if its not them then tell me which side of the internet backbone its blocked from. Then tell them I've been a customer for 14 years, if you're too confused with everything just send me to tech level 2. True my first lvl 2 tech was a dunce.... but at least understood the language. But I swear nobody understands like a gamer. Hence the reason why I got so far with Tre. He might be off today, I remember him saying he won't be back till monday during my 10 pings of 3 different websites (fun fun).

well all my hope is with you.

cause if i have to redial again cause i accidently clicked 2 during the spanish language option...why is that before the english option if the first part was in english

windorf
Jul 8, 2014, 03:00 AM

Any word from Tre?

Amberpelt
Jul 8, 2014, 10:14 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2a3c01/a_slight_technical_study_or_why_twc_can_access/

P.S. a friend of mine who uses Cox got through....somehow.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 8, 2014, 02:43 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2a3c01/a_slight_technical_study_or_why_twc_can_access/

P.S. a friend of mine who uses Cox got through....somehow.

Yeah, that's what I suspected.

TL;DR: TWC operates their entire backbone, all the way to Japan. Since TWC and only TWC needs to lift DDoS protection, as soon as they did it, the routes opened up. Other companies will have to wait until everybody on the path to PSO2's servers does the same.

This is what I've been telling people here but there are some grossly informed people claiming it's a ban.

It's just a matter of keeping your ISPs informed of the blocked routes and waiting a bit for it to clear up. How long of a wait? I don't know, I just hope it isn't too long.

Dragonlily
Jul 8, 2014, 03:16 PM
Any would from Tre?

Nothing yet, waiting on a call back.

GHNeko
Jul 8, 2014, 09:01 PM
Quick question

can anyone access cirnopedia?

DeificEpyon
Jul 8, 2014, 09:03 PM
Quick question

can anyone access cirnopedia?

Yeah, it works fine for me.

HopelessHero
Jul 8, 2014, 11:26 PM
I don't know if this is relevant or helpful, but I can get on pso2.jp using my phone. Now, I turned off my data and connected to it on Wi-Fi alone, and I still got through, even though I'm a Cox user and I still can't connect to it on my laptop.

Anyone have any idea why this might be?

Addendum: I tried connecting my laptop to my mobile hotspot and I still can't connect using my laptop. My carrier is AT&T. I get the following:

"Response Error.

Technical description:
502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server."

This is definitely peculiar.

GHNeko
Jul 8, 2014, 11:45 PM
Yeah, it works fine for me.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/YZGRcz0.png[/spoiler-box]

This is happening EVERYWHERE in my house.

Firefox AND Chrome.

But...

It's not just my PC.

My wife's PC. Her cellphone, my tablet...shit. I even tried my Nintendo 3DS via Web Browser. No good.

Deleting cache and cookies aint gonna do shit because went a 3DS Web Browser doesn't work then it sure aint as hell your PC.

BUT.

When my wife takes her cell off the wifi, and uses her data, no problem @ connection.

I emailed the webmaster and got this;

Sorry for the late reply, but I really can't find anything on how to fix this issue. I checked Cloudflare if they blocked anything suspicious lately but my blacklist have nothing, so it's not blocking any IP range right now. I am unable to replicate the problem as I've tried viewing the site from different locations, using different PCs or at least from different people I personally know. The site showed up just fine from all tests.

Error 520 refers to problems related to Cloudflare being not able to retrieve data from my hosting server, but like you said, if everyone else is able to access it, then it is unlikely to be true. This can easily be fixed by turning off Cloudflare completely, but doing that would be suicide and the site will permanently go down immediately afterwards.

Sorry if I'm unable to help you with anything. I hope the problem fixes itself over time.

So I'm personally at a loss at what the fuck is the problem.

Anon_Fire
Jul 9, 2014, 10:08 AM
1 7 ms 9 ms 9 ms LIMEZEBRA [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 16 ms 15 ms 25 ms 172.21.1.44
4 18 ms 29 ms 27 ms 70.169.75.248
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Results, still unable to connect.

Dragonlily
Jul 9, 2014, 11:47 AM
I guess it's just a waiting game now. I haven't been able to get back to Tre. The other level 2 techs tell me that the ticket is resolved. Which obviously it isn't. I still plan to call but pretty sure there's nothing really can be done except wait and hope for the best.

RubyVixen
Jul 9, 2014, 11:53 AM
Dragonlily, what part of AZ are you from out of curiosity?

Also here's hoping that it gets resolved eventually. I don't want to have to rely on tunneling again. I went that route with Cabal EU so many years ago. x.x;

Dragonlily
Jul 9, 2014, 12:19 PM
In the Tucson area. My irl friends who also play pso are able to connect thru pingzapper. I have no luck. It's weird cause we're only maybe 5 miles apart.

RubyVixen
Jul 9, 2014, 10:35 PM
LOL I live in central tucson

Dragonlily
Jul 9, 2014, 11:30 PM
Yay my tech guy called me back to let me know about the issue. Nothing that is gonna change at this moment. However after speaking with him and letting him know that pso2.jp is up (cause w/e tool he was working with said it was down) by showing him the www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com he found that yes, the site is really up. Spoke with the supervisor's and it's worse than what they even thought. So now they're going to be looking even deeper into it. I also found out that other ppl have tickets on this exact same thing. PSO2 and all. So if it's ppl from these forums TYVM! The more ppl the more demand to get it fixed. I expect to be called back by Friday or Sat. So here's hoping!

Amberpelt
Jul 9, 2014, 11:53 PM
Yay my tech guy called me back to let me know about the issue. Nothing that is gonna change at this moment. However after speaking with him and letting him know that pso2.jp is up (cause w/e tool he was working with said it was down) by showing him the www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com he found that yes, the site is really up. Spoke with the supervisor's and it's worse than what they even thought. So now they're going to be looking even deeper into it. I also found out that other ppl have tickets on this exact same thing. PSO2 and all. So if it's ppl from these forums TYVM! The more ppl the more demand to get it fixed. I expect to be called back by Friday or Sat. So here's hoping!

i could just hug you...

but i'll settle for this =)

http://i.imgur.com/iKj4JuV.gif

gundam4278
Jul 10, 2014, 08:47 AM
Im a Cox user in Florida and my hats to all of you for doing this cause i was going crazy with the 249 error!!! Thx for bringing a light to this situation and im going to call them as well.

Dragonlily
Jul 10, 2014, 11:25 AM
I just got a call from my tech guy. The server people are pushing him back saying it's not on their end. Now he knows it's definitely stopping at cox's servers. So he asked me to try to get tracerts from people that can connect in the states. So if anyone reading this that has TWC or an ISP that can connect could you provide me with a couple tracerts to pso2.jp and perhaps the server? I want to show these server tech guys that they're wrong. Can either PM me with them or post them here. Either works! Thanks in advance!

Sara-hime
Jul 10, 2014, 03:51 PM
Im in CT. and would like to help, but my laptop decided now is the time to not accept a charge from my adaptor so I feel useless. Is there a way to do Tracerts on an android device either Android 2.3 or 4.0? Or I could just go to the Cox building in town and show them there (my town is pretty much Cox city as far as internet connectivity goes; town wide wireless too).

Tiffania
Jul 10, 2014, 08:06 PM
i have cox as well and cant connect either counting on you dragonlily i'm in arizona as well ^^

windorf
Jul 10, 2014, 08:21 PM
I just got a call from my tech guy. The server people are pushing him back saying it's not on their end. Now he knows it's definitely stopping at cox's servers. So he asked me to try to get tracerts from people that can connect in the states. So if anyone reading this that has TWC or an ISP that can connect could you provide me with a couple tracerts to pso2.jp and perhaps the server? I want to show these server tech guys that they're wrong. Can either PM me with them or post them here. Either works! Thanks in advance!

Verizon is now an ISP that is unblocked. But I have a buddy with TWC. I'll have him do some tracerts. What exactly do you need?

FoMarlBorough
Jul 10, 2014, 08:30 PM
I feel sorry for Cox users. Had them before. They snoop your PC.

Dragonlily
Jul 10, 2014, 08:44 PM
Verizon is now an ISP that is unblocked. But I have a buddy with TWC. I'll have him do some tracerts. What exactly do you need?

He basically just asked for tracerts from those who can connect to pso2.jp and/or to the pso2 servers. I gave pings and tracerts from my pc showing I couldn't connect to both. When he called today that's what he asked for so he can shove it in the cox server guys faces. They said "Nah, its not us" and sent the ticket away. He thinks they didn't even check! ><; So one or two different tracerts connecting to those would be very helpful!! Ty ^^

HopelessHero
Jul 10, 2014, 09:40 PM
I'll have my friend with TWC do some tracerts and post them here in a minute.

Edit: They're done.

Here's him connecting to pso2.jp:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
3 20 ms 12 ms 13 ms cpe-70-114-160-1.austin.res.rr.com [70.114.160.1]
4 143 ms 12 ms 10 ms tge2-1.rdrktxaz01h.texas.rr.com [66.68.5.109]
5 15 ms 16 ms 15 ms tge0-8-0-1.ausutxla01r.texas.rr.com [24.175.42.228]
6 16 ms 19 ms 15 ms agg22.dllatxl301r.texas.rr.com [24.175.41.46]
7 23 ms 23 ms 23 ms 107.14.19.92
8 57 ms 51 ms 51 ms ae-3-0.cr0.lax30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.0]
9 * 57 ms 54 ms ae2.pr1.lax10.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.54]
10 54 ms 50 ms 54 ms unk-426d075a.adelphiacom.net [66.109.7.90]
11 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms lajbb002.kddnet.ad.jp [59.128.2.73]
12 160 ms 166 ms 157 ms otejbb206.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [203.181.100.169]
13 175 ms 205 ms 230 ms cm-ote257.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [118.155.197.180]
14 167 ms 168 ms 163 ms 125.29.25.94
15 290 ms 152 ms 152 ms 203.141.47.218
16 278 ms 166 ms 163 ms ae1.tnhcr02.idc.jp [158.205.134.10]
17 * * * Request timed out.
20 163 ms 160 ms 168 ms 158.205.188.253
21 166 ms 166 ms 174 ms lag3.l303.ta1.eg.idc.jp [158.205.188.250]
22 357 ms 168 ms 159 ms 158.205.104.60
23 167 ms 163 ms 164 ms 210.189.209.8
24 * * * Request timed out.

... And here's him connecting to Ship02:

1 3 ms 1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 4 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
3 13 ms 12 ms 11 ms cpe-70-114-160-1.austin.res.rr.com [70.114.160.1]
4 14 ms 10 ms 20 ms tge2-1.rdrktxaz02h.texas.rr.com [66.68.6.129]
5 18 ms 14 ms 20 ms tge0-8-0-6.ausutxir02r.texas.rr.com [66.68.0.8]
6 23 ms 19 ms 19 ms agg22.hstqtxl301r.texas.rr.com [24.175.41.48]
7 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms ae-2-0.cr0.hou30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.108]
8 63 ms 59 ms 55 ms ae-0-0.cr0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.39]
9 66 ms 54 ms 59 ms ae-3-0.cr0.lax30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.0]
10 * 53 ms 56 ms ae3.pr1.lax10.tbone.rr.com [107.14.19.56]
11 57 ms 61 ms 80 ms unk-426d075a.adelphiacom.net [66.109.7.90]
12 59 ms 59 ms 62 ms lajbb001.kddnet.ad.jp [59.128.2.173]
13 171 ms 167 ms 165 ms otejbb205.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [203.181.100.165]
14 175 ms 179 ms 178 ms cm-ote257.int-gw.kddi.ne.jp [118.155.197.180]
15 171 ms 167 ms 169 ms 125.29.25.94
16 162 ms 158 ms 156 ms 203.141.47.218
17 166 ms 167 ms 165 ms ae1.tnhcr02.idc.jp [158.205.134.10]
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 170 ms 166 ms 164 ms 158.205.188.253
22 186 ms 173 ms 175 ms lag3.l303.ta1.eg.idc.jp [158.205.188.250]
23 352 ms 169 ms 165 ms 158.205.104.60
24 161 ms 158 ms 159 ms 210.189.208.16

All of those connection timeouts are making me kind of worried about whether or not this will be helpful or effective, but he says he can definitely connect. He's been hopping on the accounts of my friends that can't connect, to get the compensation for them so it doesn't expire.

Hope it helps.

Dragonlily
Jul 10, 2014, 10:12 PM
It does! Tyvm! I'll get these to my tech and see what happens.

Dragonlily
Jul 13, 2014, 09:30 AM
Update:

I received a call from my tech yesterday. He got in contact with a server person that investigated deeper into the issue. After everything is said and done what's happening is basically what's been stated here.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220659

For those who may not have read this thread I'll give a basic explanation.

So, yes Cox servers are blocking a route to pso2. However there is a new route connecting to pso2. Unfortunately because Cox doesn't technically (legally) know about the new route they can not connect to it. Sega has to make the new route public to the ISP's. Which is why each ISP has been slowly connecting to Sega.

What to do for now? Pretty much wait. That's all we can do. Or look into another method of connecting which there are plenty of threads of how to's.

I personally have figured out how to use pingzapper (finally). Apparently some settings weren't going to work for me as they do for my brother who lives rather close. And if for some reason pingzapper stops working I'm able to change my personal DNS settings to connect to a global network.

I want to thank everyone who was successful in creating the tickets for PSO2. Without the demand the server people wouldn't have looked deeper into the issue to give the answer we have. It's not what we wanted but it's better than being pushed to the side.

gundam4278
Jul 13, 2014, 06:26 PM
THANK YOU DRAGON LILY AND ALL THOSE WHO HELPED!!! I can still be frustrated but at least my mind can rest a bit because I know whats going on!!1

GHNeko
Jul 13, 2014, 06:35 PM
Can this be considered something of a confirmation now then?

Amberpelt
Jul 13, 2014, 07:04 PM
Update:

I received a call from my tech yesterday. He got in contact with a server person that investigated deeper into the issue. After everything is said and done what's happening is basically what's been stated here.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220659

For those who may not have read this thread I'll give a basic explanation.

So, yes Cox servers are blocking a route to pso2. However there is a new route connecting to pso2. Unfortunately because Cox doesn't technically (legally) know about the new route they can not connect to it. Sega has to make the new route public to the ISP's. Which is why each ISP has been slowly connecting to Sega.

What to do for now? Pretty much wait. That's all we can do. Or look into another method of connecting which there are plenty of threads of how to's.

I personally have figured out how to use pingzapper (finally). Apparently some settings weren't going to work for me as they do for my brother who lives rather close. And if for some reason pingzapper stops working I'm able to change my personal DNS settings to connect to a global network.

I want to thank everyone who was successful in creating the tickets for PSO2. Without the demand the server people wouldn't have looked deeper into the issue to give the answer we have. It's not what we wanted but it's better than being pushed to the side.

so i just need to w8?
kk long as they know of it =D

ty!

TauAkiou
Jul 13, 2014, 07:29 PM
Apparently, it gets even stranger/more bizarre then this. Every time I turn around, I there seems to be something new and interesting coming out.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29372477-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-pso2.jp-and-ISP-based-cannot-connect

...Which has the annoying habit of rendering all of our research and insights obsolete every time something new comes along.

For the TLDR version, Yahoo.jp sucks and SEGA should strongly consider a new ISP. Not that they will listen to us, of course...

For a little lengthier version, the announced route we normally use is right now hosed. The poster "cablewizzard' likely explains it better then I will, but here is the gist of his discovery:

There are four possible routes that lead to the PSO2 servers. Three do not exist to our ISPs because of a "maximum prefix length" rule, which in order to keep routing table bloat down, most of our backbone providers won't accept.

The last route, and likely the route all of us have gone through in the past, is currently unstable as all hell. It's likely the reason that everything is so damned unpredictable right now, with routes appearing and disappearing constantly, blatant unpredictability, and the reason our answers from our backbone techs seem to be so damn varied.

Once Yahoo.jp gets their heads out of their ass and stabilizes everything on their end, routes should be able to converge properly and we will eventually be able to connect again.

Also, I think the best people to contact now would be NTT and Hurricane Electric, since they have the most direct links to this particular corner to Yahoo.jp. (In fact, in the grand network neighborhood, they are literally neighbors.)

I'm honestly feeling a bit like I'm raining on parades here.

Anon_Fire
Jul 16, 2014, 07:41 AM
Maintenance is over, yet I still can't connect. :(

Amberpelt
Jul 16, 2014, 10:45 AM
Maintenance is over, yet I still can't connect. :(

maint wont fix the issue for you because hte issue isnt on thier end.

its on your ISP providers.

still w8ing on cox to fix it, so i said "fk it" and tried ping zapper.

its a bit annoying to use every time you logg in. but it works and i'm now online (JUST IN TIME to get the compensation before it was removed. 1 free costume color change, 1 free salon pass, 11 excubes!)

try ping zapper if you can. it really works. you'll have to use it to play until cox gets out of denial over the issue not being on thier end and fixes it.

HopelessHero
Jul 16, 2014, 01:39 PM
I needed to get on in time for the compensation too, so I got that Amazon EC2 software from the other thread and now I can get on just fine with a bit of prior setup.

I highly recommend it, as a good way to tide us over until Cox gets its thumb out of its ass.

pso2love
Jul 16, 2014, 08:54 PM
I have Cox as another source of internet here at my home, and yes, it is still blocked. However, I did manage to take 3 hours of my time this evening *sigh* to contact tier 2 support, only for me to reiterate to them that Cox is the one blocking the domain. I have a ticket # and after going through all the (unnecessary) tests *sigh...again*, they managed to tell me that they submitted the info to the engineers, and should get a reply tomorrow. I will post again when I find out more info.

Even though I'm still hoping for Western release, and am not playing JP for no official support, Cox users should be able to access the JP servers regardless how I feel. I'll do what I can, until then, keep your heads up guys/gals. :)

Amberpelt
Jul 17, 2014, 06:40 AM
I have Cox as another source of internet here at my home, and yes, it is still blocked. However, I did manage to take 3 hours of my time this evening *sigh* to contact tier 2 support, only for me to reiterate to them that Cox is the one blocking the domain. I have a ticket # and after going through all the (unnecessary) tests *sigh...again*, they managed to tell me that they submitted the info to the engineers, and should get a reply tomorrow. I will post again when I find out more info.

Even though I'm still hoping for Western release, and am not playing JP for no official support, Cox users should be able to access the JP servers regardless how I feel. I'll do what I can, until then, keep your heads up guys/gals. :)

originally i hoped for a western release....

but then i saw what nexon NA did to mabinogi....

and i've played PSO2 JP for so long now i would hate to restart (ITS MY ZELSIUS)

if i could transfer my account over sure. but honestly, i'm probably stuck on jp server for the life of the game

pso2love
Jul 17, 2014, 12:47 PM
originally i hoped for a western release....

but then i saw what nexon NA did to mabinogi....

and i've played PSO2 JP for so long now i would hate to restart (ITS MY ZELSIUS)

if i could transfer my account over sure. but honestly, i'm probably stuck on jp server for the life of the game

Don't get me wrong, Mabinogi was good for it's time, just like Vindictus (At the beginning, it was fun with friends... once friends moved on, games became dull).

You won't be able to transfer your JP character over to NA/EU servers, because you're looking at a scenario similar to SEA servers, where they started on episode 1... the data just won't translate over (Unless, by some Act Of God, SOJ decides to add that functionality)

I don't mind the wait anymore. I have other things/people that take up my time for now. I'm going to wait a few hours and contact Cox to see what they say about my ticket.

pso2love
Jul 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
So I called just now, Engineering says that pso2.jp needs to push out new signals? (I'm assuming that means sending them a new address)

I told the supervisor that this is not acceptable, to send in another request, and that to expect more calls in the near future about this exact same issue. At this point, I hope this isn't a lost cause.

pso2love
Jul 17, 2014, 01:55 PM
I'm starting to believe this is a conspiracy set by SEGA to block certain ISP's from connecting to pso2.jp

GHNeko
Jul 17, 2014, 04:23 PM
So I called just now, Engineering says that pso2.jp needs to push out new signals? (I'm assuming that means sending them a new address)

I told the supervisor that this is not acceptable, to send in another request, and that to expect more calls in the near future about this exact same issue. At this point, I hope this isn't a lost cause.

It sounds like he's saying that a new route need to be sent out to all the backbones.

Amberpelt
Jul 17, 2014, 05:31 PM
bleh...ping zapper is working to let me play

but i want to buy some AC (i MAJORLY fked up my mag...first time mag..what ya expect)
and i cant get on the site cause ping zapper only works for game =(

GHNeko
Jul 17, 2014, 05:41 PM
PSO2es is working now so that's your best bet.

EvilMag
Jul 17, 2014, 05:47 PM
bleh...ping zapper is working to let me play

but i want to buy some AC (i MAJORLY fked up my mag...first time mag..what ya expect)
and i cant get on the site cause ping zapper only works for game =(

you do know all the AC purchases goes through Sega's website, not PSO2's?

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

right here

Amberpelt
Jul 18, 2014, 04:07 PM
you do know all the AC purchases goes through Sega's website, not PSO2's?

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

right here

ty. sadly though ping zapper is now buggy for me and i keep getting error 630 in pso2.

pso2love
Jul 18, 2014, 07:24 PM
Just got a voicemail just now, and basically they said "After you sent another ticket for clarification, the engineers replied, that basically, PSO2.JP is not sending any new signals to ISP's outside of Japan. It has to do with the domain, not Cox. Cox is not blocking anything."

And there you have it. Have fun. If NA/EU release ever happens, I'll be there.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 18, 2014, 09:16 PM
Just got a voicemail just now, and basically they said "After you sent another ticket for clarification, the engineers replied, that basically, PSO2.JP is not sending any new signals to ISP's outside of Japan. It has to do with the domain, not Cox. Cox is not blocking anything."

And there you have it. Have fun. If NA/EU release ever happens, I'll be there.
so just use a good vpn I really don't see how that's hard at this point

Anon_Fire
Jul 18, 2014, 09:56 PM
This is so depressing.

No! Don't give me that "Use VPN" you guys keep throwing around.

GHNeko
Jul 18, 2014, 10:21 PM
There really isnt another option at this point though.

Use a VPN or Tunneler. Or move to Japan, or a place with an ISP that can access PSO2.

Amberpelt
Jul 20, 2014, 10:34 AM
still getting error 630 on pso2 (affter i get some putty fatal error on pingzapper)

anyone have a different tunneler?

GHNeko
Jul 20, 2014, 01:54 PM
I've been using AWS with smooth sailing.

Amberpelt
Jul 20, 2014, 02:42 PM
still getting error 630 on pso2 (affter i get some putty fatal error on pingzapper)

anyone have a different tunneler?

ok i using soft ether VPN. its working.

Commander A9
Jul 20, 2014, 05:26 PM
Same.

Works like a charm. I'm in right now.

Are we allowed to discuss how we got it working?

Amberpelt
Jul 20, 2014, 10:40 PM
Same.

Works like a charm. I'm in right now.

Are we allowed to discuss how we got it working?

i dont see why not. informing people will help them get on, thus making it more enjoyable to randomly run into those people =)

plus...i've so far managed to drag 3 people(against thier wills at first) from World of Tanks to PSO2.

now? they are on PSO2 constantly xD
success!

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 20, 2014, 10:44 PM
plus...i've so far managed to drag 3 people(against thier wills at first) from World of Tanks to PSO2.

now? they are on PSO2 constantly xD
success!

Try dragging in diamond teir friends out of their league of legends addiction... It's almost goddamn impossible.

Amberpelt
Jul 21, 2014, 07:11 AM
Try dragging in diamond teir friends out of their league of legends addiction... It's almost goddamn impossible.

jeez...do we want League of Legend people in PSO2?

and that sounds immpossible either way xD

Commander A9
Jul 21, 2014, 07:07 PM
And I thought EVE Online was addicting!

In that case, I use SoftEther; it's a free alternative to paid VPNs, and I've yet to have any major issues.

Sega will ask for a confirmation notice if you're connecting via a Japanese IP for the first time using SoftEther, but beyond that, no issues.

http://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_softether.aspx

milranduil
Jul 22, 2014, 12:25 AM
jeez...do we want League of Legend people in PSO2?

and that sounds immpossible either way xD

b20 vs majority of the LoL community... I don't see much difference ._.b

Amberpelt
Aug 8, 2014, 09:22 AM
so any luck with cox doing something?