PDA

View Full Version : is AC buying safe?

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 08:20 PM
has anyone been banned for buying AC with VPN?

Meyfei
Jul 4, 2014, 08:22 PM
I think theres more to it than using VPN to buy it. But I have utterly no knowledge on that matter.

Alternatively there is another way if you have access to paypal, using a smartphone for PSO2es, or Bluestacks for PSO2es.

As far as buying it- I doubt anyone's been banned.

Faranth
Jul 4, 2014, 08:22 PM

i fail to understand what u mean (`・ω・´) mind elaborating more?

Sizustar
Jul 4, 2014, 08:23 PM
VPN won't help when buying AC, since your credit card isn't issued by a bank in Japan.

Totori
Jul 4, 2014, 08:23 PM

You don't need a VPN to buy AC. Maybe to connect to the game, but not to buy AC.

un1t27
Jul 4, 2014, 08:24 PM
LMAOO

The Walrus
Jul 4, 2014, 08:27 PM
This probably isn't the best time to be buying ac...but whatever, it's your money.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 4, 2014, 08:27 PM
I doubt paying for AC through VPN would cause a ban. However...

While using it for playing isn't that bad a security risk, you have to be extremely certain of the trustworthyness of the operator if you're planning to send any CC info through the VPN as well. Either the operator or a 3rd party could have placed hardware/software along the path to capture data from incoming connections.

I'd use webmoney back again for the time being, unless it's a VPN you absolutely trust. (ie: Your own configured VPN)

.Jack
Jul 4, 2014, 08:28 PM
It has been since the game started using whichever connection.

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 08:29 PM
im meaning like when people change there email address's they got flagged. wont this be the same with buying AC?

Crystal_Shard
Jul 4, 2014, 08:38 PM
im meaning like when people change there email address's they got flagged. wont this be the same with buying AC?

Probably not. Right now, the only way to buy AC with PSO2es down is to log on to the ISAO payment site and pay using webmoney - and Sega likely doesn't care where you got your webmoney ayway.

Shinamori
Jul 4, 2014, 08:49 PM
JPWM, CN-USA, that Sutocorps.

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 08:52 PM
isnt cha.isao.net used to change peoples email address's?

blace
Jul 4, 2014, 08:52 PM
It's the same site that allows you to manage and alter your SEGA account as well as charge for AC.

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 08:57 PM
It's the same site that allows you to manage and alter your SEGA account as well as charge for AC.

then wouldnt charging AC flag your account as well?

blace
Jul 4, 2014, 09:00 PM
then wouldnt charging AC flag your account as well?

Shouldn't bring up any flags unless you're trying to charge AC with stolen credit info.

WebMoney is handled by WebMoney, SEGA doesn't handle that side of business.

SisterPrincess
Jul 4, 2014, 09:35 PM
Buying AC through VPN are the most likely reason to give you error 816.

At least in the past week, people who live in mainland China suffer more than usual 816s due to Shining scratch being too attractive.

blace
Jul 4, 2014, 09:38 PM

At least in the past week, people who live in mainland China suffer more than usual 816s due to Shining scratch being too attractive.

Mainland China was already IP banned for mass RMT, it wouldn't take much to set up protocols to ban Chinese IPs.

pkemr4
Jul 4, 2014, 09:39 PM

the thing is for people using vpn to play the game and then using there normal ip to login and charge ac would flag there account wouldnt it?

SisterPrincess
Jul 4, 2014, 09:41 PM
My guess is mainland China's population is too much where sharing IP is very likely.

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 4, 2014, 09:45 PM
I buy Webmoney and charge AC at PSO2 website (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2) WITHOUT using VPN.

However, once AC has been charged to my account, I use VPN to play the game.

So far things have worked out: I haven't been banned since Servers came back online.

oratank
Jul 4, 2014, 10:43 PM
oh wow i can connect isao site without using vpn .sea here
look like sega have open some hole to lure us to spend our money