PDA

View Full Version : Any one know if the AMEX Serve prepaid card works for AC?

windorf
Jul 5, 2014, 01:34 PM
I was looking at a few outdated threads and people were saying that AMEX cards work for AC. But does anyone have a Serve card from American Express and can confirm that it goes through the JP credit card block? I am trying to buy from the Sega website and not through PSO2es. I remember prepaid cards working in the past(roughly 1-2 years ago) and just seeing if they still work.

mctastee
Jul 5, 2014, 03:56 PM
Why don't you actually try it instead of asking. You will find out a lot faster that way. If it doesn't work, just buy webmoney.

Faranth
Jul 5, 2014, 04:50 PM
I was looking at a few outdated threads and people were saying that AMEX cards work for AC. But does anyone have a Serve card from American Express and can confirm that it goes through the JP credit card block?

let me see if i got your question right....
i am guessing u intent to use PSOes to buy so..... as far as i am concerned almost every debit n credit card works ww
since u will b using Google wallet u wont really pass thought this``jp credit card block u talk about``
(〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

windorf
Jul 5, 2014, 06:57 PM
Why don't you actually try it instead of asking. You will find out a lot faster that way. If it doesn't work, just buy webmoney.

Because that's wasting money. It will cost 3 bucks for the card. And if it fails, gonna cost more for the webmoney. So i'm trying to save money here, pal.

let me see if i got your question right....
i am guessing u intent to use PSOes to buy so..... as far as i am concerned almost every debit n credit card works ww
since u will b using Google wallet u wont really pass thought this``jp credit card block u talk about``
(〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Actually no, I have regular credit cards for PSO2es. I remember back a couple years ago when I used to play I had a green dot prepaid credit card and it worked. I would get one of those, but not sure if they still work. And the American Express is WAYYYY cheaper to maintain versus the green dot.

Faranth
Jul 5, 2014, 07:08 PM
Actually no, I have regular credit cards for PSO2es. I remember back a couple years ago when I used to play I had a green dot prepaid credit card and it worked. I would get one of those, but not sure if they still work. And the American Express is WAYYYY cheaper to maintain versus the green dot.

Non jp card dont work to buy directly from the website, not anymore (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ (stopped working like... a lot of time ago ww)

(altho u seems to know already)
Via PSO2es American works (due to it using google wallet as i stated before)
here little link http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218485 (altho u seems to know how PSO2es works so guess u wont need but! just in case ww)

hope those were the answers u were looking for (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

pkemr4
Jul 5, 2014, 07:15 PM
Amex didnt work with google wallet for me.

Faranth
Jul 5, 2014, 07:20 PM
Amex didnt work with google wallet for me.

according to google wallet it should work (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2651410?hl=en

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2014, 12:09 AM
Am Ex doesn't work for direct purchases from the JP site+^_^+ while the visas/MasterCards were banned relatively quickly (by September of 2012), the Am Ex cards kept working all the way til the middle of November before SEGA banned them as well+^_^+ I don't know if Am Ex works for Google wallet, but as far as i know, you can use visa/MasterCard for G-wallet so why bother getting an Am Ex if you don't already have one?

windorf
Jul 6, 2014, 02:20 AM
Am Ex doesn't work for direct purchases from the JP site+^_^+ while the visas/MasterCards were banned relatively quickly (by September of 2012), the Am Ex cards kept working all the way til the middle of November before SEGA banned them as well+^_^+ I don't know if Am Ex works for Google wallet, but as far as i know, you can use visa/MasterCard for G-wallet so why bother getting an Am Ex if you don't already have one?

Ah ok, you filed in the information for me. The missing piece. I quit around august of 2012. I have other credit cards for google wallet, but I was thinking I could get a prepaid and just get AC direct like old times. I'll either have to get webmoney or wait for ES to come back up. I'll probably just wait. Thank you though.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2014, 04:34 PM
Ah ok, you filed in the information for me. The missing piece. I quit around august of 2012. I have other credit cards for google wallet, but I was thinking I could get a prepaid and just get AC direct like old times. I'll either have to get webmoney or wait for ES to come back up. I'll probably just wait. Thank you though.

Sure thing, I'm not really sure why SEGA banned Am Ex. as far as I'm aware, they didn't suffer from the banking issues Visa/MC did which is why SEGA apparently banned them in the 1st place+^_^+ of course, Am Ex charges a 5% merchant fee compared to the 2% Visa/MC charges... maybe that was it...

And before anyone brings up PSU JP subscription, they accepted that because once a month charges on a predictable schedule were much easier to secure.
People buying AC were buying it at all times of the day, every day, and the bank SEGA was using started moaning about it+^_^+