PDA

View Full Version : XBox360 Controller.

Shinamori
Jul 5, 2014, 02:54 PM
So, I just bought an Xbox360 COntroller. How well does this play with PSO2?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 5, 2014, 02:55 PM
its the only proper controller to use ever

especially for pso2

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 5, 2014, 03:11 PM
its the only proper controller to use ever

especially for pso2

LIES!!!.....Yes it is a good controller for PSO 2, make good use of it. I use it for gunner, keyboard is a pain with gunner for me.

Gama
Jul 5, 2014, 03:13 PM
i prefer my logitech dual action.

but 360 controllers are a nice piece of hardware.

i like how sturdy they feel.

but since theyre not as flexible as my current controller.

meh.

*kisses controller in ways you'd feel unconfortable*

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 5, 2014, 03:17 PM
i wonder how an xbone controller feels

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2014, 03:21 PM
i wonder how an xbone controller feels
Dreamcast's bastard child.

mUZie
Jul 5, 2014, 03:23 PM
if you do use controller and want to dash or switch weapon PA's with one button make sure to get xpadder(or joy2key}. with xpadder you can set up modifiers, for example weapon swap can be used with r2 set to a set selector, so it goes to a seperate set than your default and you can have numpad numbers set to the dpad for one button swap. it takes a while to setup but is definetly worth it as it gives you the tools to make controller have the same functionality of keyboard.

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2014, 03:42 PM
I'm currently using the wireless 360 controller. It's pretty good except for the d-pad, God it sucks. I know there's a model with better one but it did not come with the wireless dongle ad MS doesn't sale that separately.

I've actually ordered this 13 button controller from ebay:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVGdZAJbYOgxWs3_ZW2nAZO6PcYuuaC pl04Q_RoFMqsV1PWQpRbg

Reason for this is the extra triggers in the back, much more practical than using the d-pad which requires me to let go of my analog stick. I loose the select button but I can put it's function (map in my case) on one of the triggers.

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/0aBudYjByePeQOERh7WKQQu1/full.jpg

windorf
Jul 5, 2014, 04:00 PM
I really love the xbox controller. Been using it since late 2006. It plays so much smoother than a keyboard and mouse. Although i've always been a console gamer and never really got used to the keyboard. As some said above, it's awesome for Gunner. But I also love my Force layout too. Just I would recommend changing the button layout to your own play style. Obviously you might be unsure, but that's where trial and error comes in. Just play with the button arrangements.

MasterGunz2345
Jul 5, 2014, 04:03 PM
I use a 360 controller for PSO2 and I think plays well. Glad SEGA gave you the option to use a 360 controller :D

Faranth
Jul 5, 2014, 04:10 PM
Dreamcast's bastard child.

haha yeah ww it feels like DC child indeed

(〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ 360 is just that awesome (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

n as mizue stated, yeah, u might want a program which allows u to link keyboard keys to joystick, so u can do quad dash n stuffs (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
(that apply for any joystick user btw due to the joystick not having an option to fast change weap pallet like keyboard (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ )

Nulve
Jul 5, 2014, 04:14 PM
I've actually ordered this 13 button controller from ebay:

Hah, I have that. It's not that good, imo. The rubber coating on it will get gross and sticky after a while. Mine is just all covered in rubber goop, it's so gross.

SLY_J
Jul 5, 2014, 06:49 PM
So, I just bought an Xbox360 COntroller. How well does this play with PSO2?

Short Answer: Yes, the Xbox 360 Controller works fine with PSO 2. In fact, the Xbox 360 Controller face buttons are one of the four supported styles for displaying gamepad buttons in the UI. Just remember that under the default bindings, the B button confirms menu choices while the A button cancels.

The answers to any specific questions you might have can probably be found here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198860

the_importer_
Jul 5, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hah, I have that. It's not that good, imo. The rubber coating on it will get gross and sticky after a while. Mine is just all covered in rubber goop, it's so gross.

Good thing I always wash my hands before playing.

Shadowth117
Jul 5, 2014, 07:07 PM
FYI, Xbox One controller is pretty nice. Its pretty much the 360 controller, but some parts of it are a bit nicer in my opinion. Its really up to preference in the end, but the Xbone controller is very good.

Good thing I always wash my hands before playing.

I don't think you understand what he means... if you did you'd be washing after using it. Its got nothing to do with your hands being dirty on it.

Edit: Also, the Xbone controller CANNOT be used wirelessly on PC right now. So the 360 controller still has that over it.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2014, 12:26 AM
Edit: Also, the Xbone controller CANNOT be used wirelessly on PC right now. So the 360 controller still has that over it.

old 360 wireless dongle doan work???+^_^+ well, i just put off getting an xb1 pad til tax time+^_^+