PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Mag R-ATK

jeremycards
Jul 5, 2014, 03:30 PM
Hey guys, i wanted to ask some help. Im trying to decide if i change my mag attack, but its really hard to tell. My default is Exploding Fire Shot, so im really not sure if i should change it. Can anyone tell me if piercing is more useful or not than exploding?, because i hardly notice the little explosion doing anything. And also, is some element more useful than fire?, im thinking maybe light since it would affect darkers better, but i dunno... there's a lot of mob with fire weakness too. I find it weird to stay with the default shot, but so far im really not sure if there's any improvement in changing it. Any tips?

isCasted
Jul 5, 2014, 04:20 PM
Mags auto-actions will always be weak, you just have to accept it and never rely on them in the future. In fact, Upper and Zonde actually even hurt players. If anyone gets those on their mag, they can always change it to something else by a cost of 2 Excubes at Excube Shop (2nd floor in Shop Area). Changing from anything else is simply not worth it.

jeremycards
Jul 5, 2014, 04:34 PM
*denial mode ON*

but... but... maybe... some is better ;_;

Faranth
Jul 5, 2014, 04:38 PM
*denial mode ON*

but... but... maybe... some is better ;_;

how bout this; choose ones which looks cool! (i use megid on all my mags ww (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ)

Lashette
Jul 5, 2014, 04:39 PM
No what Ryth says is true, mag's auto attacks don't amount to anything, you mainly have them to boost your own stats and PB, and Auto's like healing and such other than that the mag's own attack is pretty worthless.

jeremycards
Jul 5, 2014, 06:40 PM
well then i might use that one that looks cool! xD

Sacrificial
Jul 5, 2014, 06:50 PM
Exploding is better than piercing for a shooting mag imo. Because the AoE is bigger. Sure piercing can hit multiple hitboxes but because you don't aim it yourself the chance to deal that little extra damage is nothing.
As for element either fire or megid imo. Just never pick zonde type.

TheAstarion
Jul 5, 2014, 09:07 PM
Zonde breaks zondeels, and will get you hate.

Light type with panic can make an enemy wander off out of the predicted line of fire.

Ice freeze can keep something rooted and unable to die, which can add 5-10 seconds to a TD wave if (when) it happens at the worst possible moment.

So... fire, dark or wind for safe elements. Meaning fire or dark, as stated before. Same advice whether you use range or tech mags (just pick one that's cool generally).

Oh and don't get the strike knock-up one, that's a pain in the arse for everyone too. Disabling that on my s-atk mag was the best excube investment I ever made.

Dammy
Jul 6, 2014, 02:02 AM
just get megid
all of them are weak at direct damage, but at least megid can poison

Hrith
Jul 6, 2014, 06:20 AM
The damage is irrelevant, but if you get Megid, Foie, Grants, Zan, the status ailments can help.

One of my mags has Barta, and it has frozen monsters about to hit me from behind quite a few times, but you cannot rely on that >_> Just know it happens.

Do not get Zonde, though.

Stickboy
Jul 6, 2014, 06:22 AM
what is mag attack?

i heard it's worst than psp2i ones though

JanosA
Jul 6, 2014, 07:16 AM
What are peoples favorite actions to give their mag? I've been wanting to ask this. Seems like a good place to do so.