PDA

View Full Version : Random Question: Phantasy Star Online 1&2 music..

Shinamori
Jul 6, 2014, 03:39 AM
I have a question for you music experts here. Anyone have any idea where I can find similar instruments? Like for instance, the Choir Ahs/Ohhs used in Dark Falz Luther/Loser's theme? Or a close enough "clone".

Lashette
Jul 6, 2014, 04:21 AM
I don't think Sega has released that music disk for in game yet. If that's what you're talking about. if you're talking about music instruments for Myroom there is no such instrument that does that, they only play one song which is Our Fighting.

Sp-24
Jul 6, 2014, 04:34 AM
JRPGs don't seem to have a shortage of instrumental music somewhat similar to PSO2, but I struggle to remember anything that can come close enough to be called a "clone".

And I'm not even sure if the choir part of Luther's fight is an instrument or just a person singing one letter. Guess that composition is pretty unique, even if only for that reason.

Faranth
Jul 6, 2014, 04:51 AM
I have a question for you music experts here. Anyone have any idea where I can find similar instruments? Like for instance, the Choir Ahs/Ohhs used in Dark Falz Luther/Loser's theme? Or a close enough "clone".

i am guessing u mean a similar sampler. atm i am pretty sleepy to type (since the answer will b long) but once i wake up n come back on PSOW, i will see if i can give u some good info bout it. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

so now if u excuse me, the bed is calling me..... (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

DJcooltrainer
Jul 6, 2014, 04:54 AM
If it were me, I'd find a high quality rip online, try to isolate some of the sounds I like, re-pitch them to C, and throw them in a sampler plugin.

Are you producing in Windows or OSX? I can recommend some good plugins for similar choir voices depending on your OS.

Shinamori
Jul 6, 2014, 05:19 AM
Windows.

Gama
Jul 6, 2014, 09:31 AM
i think sega made everything from scratch, some sounds are too unique and i never heard them anywhere else.

the enemy sound efects... thats another story.

Faranth
Jul 6, 2014, 09:02 PM

So, if i got your question right, its about his Sampler. Assuming it is, allow me to answer

Shinamori, i cant tell u which exactly he uses, due to never have read anything bout it on a interview, n also due to the amazing amount of samplers out there.
but, i do know a couple of High quality Voice samplers.

For example;

Symphobia 3 LUMINA

Btw LUMINA is a pack not only of Voices but also everything else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDuNaKxPXNo here an demo of it
https://www.projectsam.com/Home Here the official website

also
EWQL Voices of Passion

and
EWQL Choir

there r many more but those should give u a start (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
PS; honestly i believe Kobayashi uses samplers of his own keyboard, Module n stuffs lol. it just... fits him ... ww he is not like Hanz zimmer who is crazy bout those stuffs ww (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ )
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/so-much-gear-so-little-time/181282d1278172657-can-someone-id-hans-zimmers-monitors-hans-zimmers-crazy-synths-snapshot20090222210914.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Another PS; I am no composer, n the credits goes for an amazing friend SoundDevourer for helping me to put the info tog.

hope this was of help (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ