PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone that can read japanese help me out with this uninstaller message?

MadDogg
Jul 6, 2014, 08:21 PM
Hey whats up pso-world, I am in need of someone that can read moonrunes to help me out with this teensy weensy issue of the PSO2 open beta not getting the hell up off my PC, lol. Back when PSO2 first went into open beta (2012 I think it was), I followed a guide to sign up to try out PSO2, just like a ton of other phantasy star online nuts back then that was looking for the next PSO experience after PSU came and went. PSO2 was cool and all, but at the end of the day playing in japanese just wasn't for me, that, and other stuff came up so I pretty much forgot about having it on my PC.

Fast forward to today, I am cleaning up random stuff that I never mess with on my PC that was taking over 4 gigs of space, and I came across this. Problem is, every time I click on the uninstaller exe this comes up (only thing I am getting from that message is that it has something to do with 64-bit windows, which windows XP doesn't do, I don't know):

I didn't want to just go in my program files, find the PSO2 folder and just deleting the folder before finding out from someone here if that would screw something up or not. *I also definitely don't want to ask GameFaqs for help, I would most likely get flamed for not knowing how to read japanese or something =(*

....so with that said, help please, lol.

Bellion
Jul 6, 2014, 08:25 PM
Something along the lines of you can only uninstall this program if you have windows 64-bit or above.

MadDogg
Jul 6, 2014, 08:27 PM
Something along the lines of you can only uninstall this program if you have windows 64-bit or above.

Wait....seriously? 0.0 Damn, that sucks.

MadDogg
Jul 6, 2014, 08:35 PM
I think I might have found something out:

http://devilsworkshop.org/tips/solution-installation-uninstalled-64bit-windows/46943/

I'm going to follow the directions from that link, hopefully that will solve my issue.

If it does, then thanks ahead of time bellion for giving me at least a general description of what that image I posted said.

ShinobuVamp
Jul 6, 2014, 10:49 PM
Yes I checked the pic and it is...like what Bellion said...
This program can only be uninstalled if you are using Windows 64-bit or above...

The Walrus
Jul 6, 2014, 10:49 PM
GJ Sega

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 7, 2014, 12:25 AM
Yes I checked the pic and it is...like what Bellion said...
This program can only be uninstalled if you are using Windows 64-bit or above...

... what the actual fuck?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 7, 2014, 02:51 AM
that is bizarre... i have a friend with 32 bit vista and he was able to uninstall normally+^_^+ you could always do it the hard way and fish for all the related registry entries, delete those, (which you have to do with GameGuard anyway, that piece of shit program is sticky) then go thru and delete the folders,+^_^+

are you trying to use the uninstall in the PSO2 install folder or are you trying to use Windows Uninstaller?+^_^+

UnLucky
Jul 7, 2014, 04:00 AM
Well if the uninstaller doesn't work, then you can always manually delete the files. If it's still in your program list and won't fix itself, then you could get something like CCleaner to fix your registry.

TaigaUC
Jul 7, 2014, 04:41 AM
Haha. What the hell.

nanamin
Jul 7, 2014, 05:39 AM
"This application can only be uninstalled under 64bit Windows"

MadDogg
Jul 7, 2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I was able to get rid of it yesterday, lmao. I just simply went into the program files, went into the SEGA folder and manually deleted the PSO2 folder. It actually worked without screwing anything up.

Definitely was weird how I was able to run this game no problem on XP and then that popped up, lol.