PDA

View Full Version : lifesteal?

EspeonageTieler
Jul 7, 2014, 01:36 AM
hey guys is there any kind of life steal ability in pso2? im starting to have a hard time surviving in the high up difficulties (Hu/Fi)

horseship
Jul 7, 2014, 01:46 AM
There are two weapons and one tech that have lifesteal properties. The two weapons being Elder Pain (10* sword) and Guld Milla (11* twin machinegun), and the tech being Megiverse. Megiverse works by casting it then attacking with anything to recover hp. The weapons restore a percentage of the damage you deal to your health.

Elder Pain is stupidly rare as far as I know, but Guld Milla is pretty cheap in the player shop if you have premium.

Faranth
Jul 7, 2014, 02:09 AM
hey guys is there any kind of life steal ability in pso2? im starting to have a hard time surviving in the high up difficulties (Hu/Fi)
As said above
For HU, Elder Pain would b the ones.
The potential is called Vampiric Blade and at lvl 3, it restores 6% of the dmg inflicted

This Thread would b more suitable for that kind of question http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

Just for future reference (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

WildarmsRE5
Jul 7, 2014, 02:50 AM
aaaaaaaand to add more, here's some RNG Lifesteal weapons.

it's called Lunar Eclipse. it has a chance to absorb the damage you've dealt, so RNG.

Blade Ball (from badge shop, Wired Lance) and Narl Cresent (Double Saber) has those.

Macman
Jul 7, 2014, 02:58 AM
Someday SOMEDAY they'll release Chain Sawd, and ruin it with a non-continuous latent. :wacko:

EspeonageTieler
Jul 7, 2014, 03:30 AM
now are any of those decent to use until i get better at the game? or maybe craftable to a better weapon? im not to sure how crafting works from what people told me only 7 star under go up in damage or something

WildarmsRE5
Jul 7, 2014, 03:45 AM
now are any of those decent to use until i get better at the game? or maybe craftable to a better weapon? im not to sure how crafting works from what people told me only 7 star under go up in damage or somethingthose are actually End-game weapons, aside from the Blade ball.

also, you shouldn't be having difficulties at earlier levels (or any other levels at all)

what class are you playing?

Faranth
Jul 7, 2014, 03:54 AM
what class are you playing?

*cough* *wisp wisp* he stated it above. Hu/FI (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

WildarmsRE5
Jul 7, 2014, 04:00 AM
*cough* *wisp wisp* he stated it above. Hu/FI (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ._. too much KanColle.

Hu/Fi shouldn't be hard to master, mastering Just Guards or just plain Evading. (abusing I-frames on dodge)

the most hard evasion to master is Dive Roll.

If you're going Fi/Hu, you're really gonna have to abuse dodge I-frames since double sabers don't have guard/action evade.

EspeonageTieler
Jul 7, 2014, 05:14 AM
._. too much KanColle.

Hu/Fi shouldn't be hard to master, mastering Just Guards or just plain Evading. (abusing I-frames on dodge)

the most hard evasion to master is Dive Roll.

If you're going Fi/Hu, you're really gonna have to abuse dodge I-frames since double sabers don't have guard/action evade.

waht are i frames? and also i like to use over end alot and u cant cancel it until the last hit so should i not use that and use something else?

also i figure ill ask this while im at it but why do people go for the chase skills in the fighter tree if they dont really do anything on bosses?

Achelousaurus
Jul 7, 2014, 07:47 AM
A) this is not Diablo, Lifesteal is a little bonus from a handful sources and by no means anything to rely on for general playstyle.
B) during dodge you are invincible for a few frames, with the right timing you can avoid a lot of damage
C) Just Guard should negate damage from the front (I think so, at least Katana counter does that)
D) Overend is nice in some situations but most definitely not a skill to spam all day because it's so slow and leaves you wide open for all enemies, not to mention that because of being so slow, the dps isn't that great either.
Though I don't know much about hunter weapon skills, I'm almost only using Braver.
E) I read Chase skills are not very good, but I haven't used fighter in ages and when I only got to lvl 25 or so.

F) if you have trouble surviving, Hunter has a tank build. People will scream at you for sacrificing dps but what use is potential damage when you are dead or spending 2/3 of the fighting healing and not attacking?

HU/FI trees I threw together in a hurry (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbkI qoAqbo5dIscAbxfGAin000009bHnGBIbqskBfGD00000Ib0000 00lb000009b0000000Ib0000000Ib000000j)
Maxed Iron Will is godsend, kicking in almost always and you need at least 1 point in Never Give up, so you don't die half a second later anyway.
Automate Halfline uses mates instantly, it's kinda nice at 47% procrate, I will have to max it though before I can fully comment on its usefulness.

The FI tree is incomplete and only what I remember from someone else posting.
PP Slayer is really OP though.

G) why don't you just use braver, it's so much more fun :D

EspeonageTieler
Jul 7, 2014, 08:01 AM
A) this is not Diablo, Lifesteal is a little bonus from a handful sources and by no means anything to rely on for general playstyle.
B) during dodge you are invincible for a few frames, with the right timing you can avoid a lot of damage
C) Just Guard should negate damage from the front (I think so, at least Katana counter does that)
D) Overend is nice in some situations but most definitely not a skill to spam all day because it's so slow and leaves you wide open for all enemies, not to mention that because of being so slow, the dps isn't that great either.
Though I don't know much about hunter weapon skills, I'm almost only using Braver.
E) I read Chase skills are not very good, but I haven't used fighter in ages and when I only got to lvl 25 or so.

F) if you have trouble surviving, Hunter has a tank build. People will scream at you for sacrificing dps but what use is potential damage when you are dead or spending 2/3 of the fighting healing and not attacking?

HU/FI trees I threw together in a hurry (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbkI qoAqbo5dIscAbxfGAin000009bHnGBIbqskBfGD00000Ib0000 00lb000009b0000000Ib0000000Ib000000j)
Maxed Iron Will is godsend, kicking in almost always and you need at least 1 point in Never Give up, so you don't die half a second later anyway.
Automate Halfline uses mates instantly, it's kinda nice at 47% procrate, I will have to max it though before I can fully comment on its usefulness.

The FI tree is incomplete and only what I remember from someone else posting.
PP Slayer is really OP though.

G) why don't you just use braver, it's so much more fun :D

never played diablo lol life steals just a seemingly common stat for melee type characters not sure what skills i should use overend feels like its the only skill that can really hit alot of things and hit hard and i dont care for braver at all just not appealing

Faranth
Jul 7, 2014, 02:20 PM
waht are i frames? and also i like to use over end alot and u cant cancel it until the last hit so should i not use that and use something else?

also i figure ill ask this while im at it but why do people go for the chase skills in the fighter tree if they dont really do anything on bosses?

Chase skill.... well its not like it dsnt do anything on bosses lol u can inflict certain conditions on certain bosses, that being said, only on some.

Plus i do say go for PP slayer n max stances is a better call. (imo at least)

and bout HU skills, Guilty Break is pretty useful plus fast, n even Nova Strike would b a better call to kill weak mobs which r sticking tog. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
plus, u might wanna try other PAs on dif situations... just try exploring which fits x situation best. Lots of PAs can b useful, ofc that some more than others, but, use 1 PA for every situation is not suitable.

if u wanna go into more details, i believe making a thread here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45 would b better. (or read the ones which talk bout HU)

hope this was of help (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

EspeonageTieler
Jul 7, 2014, 06:40 PM
Chase skill.... well its not like it dsnt do anything on bosses lol u can inflict certain conditions on certain bosses, that being said, only on some.

Plus i do say go for PP slayer n max stances is a better call. (imo at least)

and bout HU skills, Guilty Break is pretty useful plus fast, n even Nova Strike would b a better call to kill weak mobs which r sticking tog. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
plus, u might wanna try other PAs on dif situations... just try exploring which fits x situation best. Lots of PAs can b useful, ofc that some more than others, but, use 1 PA for every situation is not suitable.

if u wanna go into more details, i believe making a thread here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45 would b better. (or read the ones which talk bout HU)

hope this was of help (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

i should have said this but im not having problems with small mobs at all and i use alot fo dif things on them but anyway you guys have helped me enough so thanks

Achelousaurus
Jul 8, 2014, 04:18 AM
You should use Wired Lances more :P
Tons of fun and some great PAs.
Other Spin grabs an enemy and spins it around you for good damage, also damaging any other enemies you hit.
Other Cyclone grabs an enemy (almost all WL PAs are grabs) and throws it away, psinning it for a small tornado, damaging it and any enemy it touches.
Heavenly Fall grabs an enemy, then does a drop from big height, deals high damage and for enemies you can't grab you get a blue energy ball instead that does damage (works well on bosses this way).
Kaiser Rise thrusts the WL into the ground and creates an upward energy stream at the target area for pretty high damage, has pretty long range for a melee weapon.

TBH, Wired Lances are the only HU weapon I care about, sword is too slow and Partizan too weak.

EspeonageTieler
Jul 8, 2014, 06:19 AM
You should use Wired Lances more :P
Tons of fun and some great PAs.
Other Spin grabs an enemy and spins it around you for good damage, also damaging any other enemies you hit.
Other Cyclone grabs an enemy (almost all WL PAs are grabs) and throws it away, psinning it for a small tornado, damaging it and any enemy it touches.
Heavenly Fall grabs an enemy, then does a drop from big height, deals high damage and for enemies you can't grab you get a blue energy ball instead that does damage (works well on bosses this way).
Kaiser Rise thrusts the WL into the ground and creates an upward energy stream at the target area for pretty high damage, has pretty long range for a melee weapon.

TBH, Wired Lances are the only HU weapon I care about, sword is too slow and Partizan too weak.
i pretty much only use wired lances except on bosses where i swithc a lot but mostly use a sword other than that i do use random hu/fi weps for fun ( used to hate partisans but now i really like them)