PDA

View Full Version : Wait WUT. (Nintendo Wii U compared to Dreamcast)

Perry
Jul 7, 2014, 09:41 PM
If this is true, this gets a thread of 2013 nomination (after the fact, of course), because I LULZ'd.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-breaks-down-in-tears-after-investor-compares-wii-u-to-dreamcast/

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Breaks Down in Tears After Investor Compares Wii U to Dreamcast

by Jack · February 10, 2013

During the 73rd investor relations Q&A, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata broke down in tears after a stockholder criticized the Wii U saying that it will fail just like the Dreamcast.

This is the following exchange:
Q: Mr. Iwata, tell me how the new Nintendo Wii U is not like the Dreamcast?

A: Nintendo’s philosophy behind the Wii U is vastly different from Sega’s in the early 2000s. We introduced a new method of control for games by adding a screen into the controller. (pause) Although the Dreamcast may have also done this, ours has touch functionality that will add many new innovations for future titles. Our first-party software line-up is very strong, just like the Dreamcast. This is a positive however, not a negative although some might say the lack of third-party support is very similar. In many respects, the Dreamcast is like the Wii U, but in a positive way.

Q: A follow-up to the previous question Mr. Iwata, can you give us one reason why the Wii U won’t fail like the Dreamcast?

A: Well, we are only three months into the launch of the Wii U and it is too soon to say whether or not it will fail. I believe very strongly in our product and (pause) the Wii U will not be a failure under my direction. (pause) Yes,
I remember the question, one reason why it won’t fail. Things may look bleak now, but what else can I do to assure shareholders that the Wii U won’t be a failure? (laughs) Allow me to take a break for a minute to gather my thoughts.

[Mr. Iwata walked off the stage for five minutes]

Although not in the official transcript, Iwata was seen crying by fellow Nintendo employees during the five-minute break. He stopped answering Wii U questions after he returned and only took 3DS-related questions.

Kazuo Hirai, Sony CEO, gave some advice to Iwata saying, “It’s okay for us leaders to cry over failed products. Trust me, I’ve done a lot of crying too.”

Giant enemy crab!

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 7, 2014, 09:45 PM
Not sure if you're falling for it or trying to trick others
but thats a satire website

HIT0SHI
Jul 7, 2014, 10:43 PM
Just like the Dreamcast, I'll buy a Wii U.
Both have multiple games (5+) worth owning said system so it's a win-win for me.