PDA

View Full Version : (ISP response) What to make out of this

isCasted
Jul 9, 2014, 05:18 AM
I contacted my ISP (Ukrtelecom, Ukraine) by giving them IP ranges of game servers. Their response was that those IPs are not blocked by them and that I should contact administrators of those servers. Along those lines they added this:

% Information related to '210.189.208.0 - 210.189.229.255'

inetnum: 210.189.208.0 - 210.189.229.255
netname: PSINet-CIDR-BLK-JP
descr: Yahoo Japan Corporation
remarks: Email address for spam or abuse complaints : [email protected]
admin-c: TO8496JP
tech-c: YT8719JP
remarks: This information has been partially mirrored by APNIC from
remarks: JPNIC. To obtain more specific information, please use the
remarks: JPNIC WHOIS Gateway at
remarks: http://www.nic.ad.jp/en/db/whois/en-gateway.html or
remarks: whois.nic.ad.jp for WHOIS client. (The WHOIS client
remarks: defaults to Japanese output, use the /e switch for English
remarks: output)
changed: [email protected] 19990716
changed: [email protected] 20140610
source: JPNIC»

I am not sure what to do with this (and I don't even feel like digging into it, TBH), but I wonder if anyone got something similar and/or something can be done based on this.

Dammy
Jul 9, 2014, 05:30 AM
well, maybe it was blocked by some tier1 network/provider, not your ISP

MDashK
Jul 9, 2014, 05:53 AM
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.
In my end, I don't believe the issue is directly in my ISP, but rather, in one of the back-bones that passes through when accessing the game servers in Japan.

If my ISP was to take another route to the servers, I believe I could access the game without any issue.
Maybe the same applies to you.

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 05:55 AM
idk what to make out of anything but

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370564-ISP-level-block-of-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-servers-

isCasted
Jul 9, 2014, 06:32 AM
Well, all I can say is that all my connections go through same server that belongs to my ISP, and when I do tracert to pso2.jp, it's that server when it gets timing out (tracing breaks before it, not after).

My connection looks weird, though. I am not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but right after that server it always goes to somewhere in 10.80.19.x IP range (California?), then it likes jumping around Stockholm, Butapest and Frankfurt, and then it actually goes by a route that resembles the way it should be going (although, connections with Asia still go through USA, WTF?).

It feels very confusing.