PDA

View Full Version : SEGA has officially dusted its hands of the 107 error

Aine
Jul 9, 2014, 06:14 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3952

The site states that the 107 (and 630) errors have been fixed and the issues have been officially labeled as 'resolved' in the issue tracker. Don't expect any support on SEGA's end.

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 06:21 AM
It's okay, the delusion is strong on this forum, expect more goodies as time goes on.

Hrith
Jul 9, 2014, 06:21 AM
I have just read that...
Still getting 107 here, so I'll have to find a permanent solution that does not involve uninstalling PSO2.

Meta77
Jul 9, 2014, 06:26 AM
I checked this morning. Still getting 107 so i give up on the game. Sega can go fuck themselves. Least i can still buy the art book and ost. idoits cant stop me from doing that. I really hope they get hit with another ddos. i really do. More so out of showing that blocking most the us players that did noting wrong did not affect them in any way but just for them to be high and mighty to block us cause were in the us.

Rupikachu
Jul 9, 2014, 06:29 AM
Time for us to set up a permanent and easy to deploy (that only requires the tweaker) solution :)

RmxVer
Jul 9, 2014, 06:31 AM
Oh damn i can connect to the website again

Friyn
Jul 9, 2014, 06:32 AM
I checked this morning. Still getting 107 so i give up on the game. Sega can go fuck themselves. Least i can still buy the art book and ost. idoits cant stop me from doing that. I really hope they get hit with another ddos. i really do. More so out of showing that blocking most the us players that did noting wrong did not affect them in any way but just for them to be high and mighty to block us cause were in the us.

Dont be upsetti have some spaghetti.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2014, 06:34 AM
It's okay, the delusion is strong on this forum, expect more goodies as time goes on.

It seems like after every single maintenance a new "The next maintenance will decide our fate!" post or even thread pops up. It's quite humorous.

Meta77
Jul 9, 2014, 06:49 AM

Thanks I needed some.

fay
Jul 9, 2014, 06:53 AM
I just got off a chat with Virgin Media. The conclusion was that I should manually change my DNS and it should work.
I'm not home to try this yet, so if anyone wants to give this a go, post results lol

RagolianHunter
Jul 9, 2014, 06:54 AM
Any Verizon users try to log today?

Meyfei
Jul 9, 2014, 06:55 AM
I have just read that...

Really? Guess im the lucky one who cant :D

Kondibon
Jul 9, 2014, 07:02 AM
Any Verizon users try to log today?I can still get on after the maintinence.

RagolianHunter
Jul 9, 2014, 07:04 AM
I can still get on after the maintinence.

Using Verizon....interesting..gonna have to try it, ty.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 07:15 AM

Because we've officially confirmed that Sega is infact blocking us.

Yeeep.

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2014, 07:18 AM
I just got off a chat with Virgin Media. The conclusion was that I should manually change my DNS and it should work.

The conclusion is that Virgin Media doesn't know what they're talking about.

Forum User Y
Jul 9, 2014, 07:19 AM
I don't understand. I thought this was ISP related, wether its manual or automatic. So how come SEGA's fix has anything to do with it?

Am i missing something?

Edit :

Allright thanks.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 07:25 AM
PSO-W members are being PSO-W Members.

Sega has fixed all the issues relating to connecting to their servers on their side i.e. when traffic actually gets to them.

The common theory at the moment is that our traffic isnt even getting to them in the first place. So this and that aren't tangibly connected, just related. Like an in-law.

Dammy
Jul 9, 2014, 07:29 AM
PSO-W members are being PSO-W Members.

Sega has fixed all the issues relating to connecting to their servers on their side i.e. when traffic actually gets to them.

The common theory at the moment is that our traffic isnt even getting to them in the first place. So this and that aren't tangibly connected, just related. Like an in-law.

this^

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2014, 07:36 AM
Possible explanation 1. SEGA is blocking us.
Solution1: Find a way to get a connection that gets around their block.
Solution2: You can contact your ISP, but I doubt they can do anything about it.
Solution3: Quit PSO2.

Possible explanation 2. Our connection can't route to SEGA; something along the way is screwed.
Solution1: Find a way to get a connection that correctly routes.
Solution2: Contact your ISP, and hope they actually care enough to try and fix it.

Possible explanation 3. Our ISPs are screwing something up on our end.
Solution1: Find a way to get a connection that successfully connects.
Solution2: Contact your ISP, and hope they actually care enough to try and fix it.

Personally, I think it's a combination of 1 and 2.
But really, the solutions are all the same, so...

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 07:38 AM
Because we've officially confirmed that Sega is infact blocking us.

Yeeep.
Kind of have.

An actual tech who knows what the fuck he's talking about (unlike 99.99% of people here, including me) has analysed the situation and has come to the conclusion that SEGA is blocking people.

With explanations.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370564-ISP-level-block-of-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-servers-

People who think this isn't SEGA's doing are simply delusional. Do you really think backbone providers would block / lift connections at super coincidental timings like maintenances? Yeah, I don't think so.

Sierhiet
Jul 9, 2014, 07:42 AM
I don't understand. I thought this was ISP related, wether its manual or automatic. So how come SEGA's fix has anything to do with it?

Am i missing something?

Edit :

Allright thanks.

Literally no one wants to accept that this could be a form of IP block, because the prevailing theory prior to all of this, (forced around psow and then spread to other outlets) was that an IP Block had little chance of happening, if at all.
Some either don't want to be wrong, or don't want to feel as if their time and webmoney was wasted.

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2014, 07:47 AM
Some people said something about an automatic system that blocks traffic when there are DDoS attacks.
Not sure about that, since the attacks went on for a week or two? (I forget), and the site was down for around 2 weeks before supposedly coming back up with blocks.
That wouldn't be a very good automatic system.

Anyway, I just noticed that I can directly trace route to the game server, no problem.
Website and login don't work, of course.

AlphaBlob
Jul 9, 2014, 07:48 AM
Some people said something about an automatic system that blocks traffic when there are DDoS attacks.
Not sure about that, since the attacks went on for a week or two? (I forget), and the site was down for around 2 weeks before supposedly coming back up with blocks.

Anyway, I just noticed that I can directly trace route to the game server, no problem.
Website and login don't work, of course.What's the game server's IP?

Forum User Y
Jul 9, 2014, 07:52 AM
Those last posts on this thread actually clarified a lot of things.

" Backup safety rescue toolbox, ready to be opened. " Gonna learn a bit about VPNs etc.
I'm just sick of trying to understand. I'm not even sure i'll play right away if it works out for me, but if that can ease my mind .. then i probably should.

Thanks. Still hoping, but not "counting on it" anymore. And that's a relieve, somehow (yeah, a relieve).

----------

Edit : I might just simply set up the VPN, see that it works, and then go back to waiting without playing. It's really more psychological than anything else at this point.

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2014, 07:52 AM
Not sure about that, since the attacks went on for a week or two? (I forget), and the site was down for around 2 weeks before coming back up with blocks.

PSO2 servers were down for 1 week (started around June 19~20, came back on June 27), PSO2 page was the first to come back (and it was accessible to those outside of Japan), and the servers came back the day afterwards.
Both PSO2 page and servers became unnaccessible to the great majority of those outside of Japan when the game servers came back.

Nulve
Jul 9, 2014, 08:43 AM
I'm not home to try this yet, so if anyone wants to give this a go, post results lol
Keep us posted (I'm also a VM user).

fruiteaterz
Jul 9, 2014, 08:51 AM

rofl, that is what i had for dinner today.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 09:00 AM
Kind of have.

An actual tech who knows what the fuck he's talking about (unlike 99.99% of people here, including me) has analysed the situation and has come to the conclusion that SEGA is blocking people.

With explanations.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370564-ISP-level-block-of-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-servers-

People who think this isn't SEGA's doing are simply delusional. Do you really think backbone providers would block / lift connections at super coincidental timings like maintenances? Yeah, I don't think so.

It's still conjecture. It's not confirmed. This is the point of which I'm getting at.

If you're taking what he says as truth, then what he says is on the same level as what Level 2, 2.5, and 3 techs from ISPs say because they all generally have the same level of expertise.

Just because something is super coincidental doesnt mean that it isnt and that there is something going on in the background. Yeah usually that is the case, but it's not absolute.

It is likely that Sega is doing something behind the scenes however. But we don't know. Can we stop acting like we do?

This is the point that I've gotten at before as well. This place is extremely pessimistic as well as optimistic. Rationale or Irrationality aside.

In lieu of this nonsense, what about the people who just started connecting last night?

There is still shit going on here. It's not all said and done, and it all falls within that 30 day window that's been mentioned in regards to "Well the backbone provider issue will fix itself in 30 days give or take."

Once again. There is not a single service that automaticall detects and blocks servers based on the status they're on. There are multiple and they do not all sync up with each other and have the same results. This isnt to say the results wont be drastically different, but dont be surprised if they dont sync up. They're not supposed to.

un1t27
Jul 9, 2014, 09:34 AM
People are still quick to blame sega .. that shit is hilarious.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 09:41 AM
There is reason to feel that Sega is at fault because there is a chance they are, at least partially.

But man do I feel like a broken record.

Sizustar
Jul 9, 2014, 09:43 AM
There is reason to feel that Sega is at fault because there is a chance they are, at least partially.

But man do I feel like a broken record.

Juar ignore it~
And let everyone have their theory, it isn't hurting anything.

Until the end of the month, when people can actually go ask Sakai during the live Festa.
We might not get concrete information on the situation.

reaper527
Jul 9, 2014, 09:49 AM

this has nothing to do with dns. if you try to tracert the relevant domains, you will see the correctly resolved ip address next to the command.

dns is just a domain -> ip look up table (and naturally the reverse case). since you are getting the proper ip address, this is a routing issue, not a dns issue.

Chidori
Jul 9, 2014, 10:15 AM
Possible explanation 1. SEGA is blocking us.
Solution1: Find a way to get a connection that gets around their block.
Solution2: You can contact your ISP, but I doubt they can do anything about it.

Possible explanation 2. Our connection can't route to SEGA; something along the way is screwed.
Solution1: Find a way to get a connection that correctly routes.

Possible explanation 3. Our ISPs are screwing something up on our end.
Solution1: Find a way to get a connection that successfully connects.

Personally, I think it's a combination of 1 and 2.
But really, the solutions are all the same, so...

Lol so true :3

jooozek
Jul 9, 2014, 10:50 AM
its obvious that segac only waited for an occassion to enforce the "no foreign connections allowed" and that was a perfect time
i means its so damn obvious

martinmeegan
Jul 9, 2014, 10:55 AM
I mean seriously; how many times can you guys talk about the same thing? This is worse than being stuck in a car on a long journey and the only company you have is 2 old timers with dementia.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 9, 2014, 11:03 AM

Round 2!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jPOuO9Fi4MA/U7D1LNrctJI/AAAAAAAAAkk/p1fBLnbiEbU/s1600/watching+1.gif

DS23
Jul 9, 2014, 11:22 AM
Sega will never confirm anything nor do they have any obligation to do so. 'Service is for Japan only.'

Yden
Jul 9, 2014, 11:28 AM
Sega will never confirm anything nor do they have any obligation to do so. 'Service is for Japan only.'

Come to think of it, did Sega outright confirm the IP block for SEA users?

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 11:31 AM
No, and they never did for China either, so I'm not sure why people think "Unless SEGA says so, it's not a block."

Probably just hope.

Meyfei
Jul 9, 2014, 11:43 AM

Speaking of SEA PSO2
Is it Engrish? and is NA(Mexico, Canada, and USA) as a whole excluded/IP blocked?

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 11:45 AM
Everywhere outside of SEA is blocked.

SEA is in English and Thai. Don't know about the other SEA languages.

Neith
Jul 9, 2014, 11:46 AM
Strangely I can access pso2.jp (and all the pages stemming from it) fine if I use my phone on my home network and use Safari browser. If I use my PC or use Opera on my phone it times out.

So odd.

MegidPlz
Jul 9, 2014, 12:14 PM
I'm in California and ever since last week have gotten on with no problems. How can there be an IP block if this is the case?

Coatl
Jul 9, 2014, 12:18 PM
I don't think it's an IP block per say. My Friend uses an American VPN to connect to the game (always has) and she is still able to connect to the game. She was not able to before the maint, but afterwards it was fine for her.

It was the same way for me, using TWC. The problem is not necessarily that Sega is blocking us, but it's something to do with our ISPs and how it is sending its information to Sega. Obviously Sega had something to do with it, to say otherwise would be unreasonable.

It will take some time to form a concrete and easy follow solution, but there are plenty of VPNs that are free (for a limited time) or don't cost that much. Use what you have available, I say.

Jei182
Jul 9, 2014, 12:24 PM
Whatever happened to that whole " ISP backboning and it could take as many as 30 days for the foreign connections to be unblocked" theory? It hasn't been 30 days just yet so while things are looking grim I'm hoping that is the case. But either way, while I will miss the game if it comes down to it if I ever play again or consider using a VPN I will wait until I build my new computer. If I'm going to be paying for this I really want a better experience than I've had on this crappy laptop.

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370409-Dslextreme-blocking-access-to-phantasy-star-online-2

Both have come to the same conclusion that SEGA is basically not allowing its IPs to be known by the major carriers, so when people attempt to resolve to pso2.jp, they time out at a certain point because those carriers do not know the current route to the servers.

There is no blacklist by ISPs.

Read this to try and understand better: http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2a8glh/heres_a_visual_attempt_at_representing_the/

In other words, to avoid saying "confirmed", it is highly improbable that ISPs are behind this.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 12:33 PM
Still getting 107'd and no I will not say what my ISP its not important and I refuse to feed potential hackers and what not intel.

Jei182
Jul 9, 2014, 12:39 PM
Still getting 107'd and no I will not say what my ISP its not important and I refuse to feed potential hackers and what not intel.

I think people are asking for Internet Service Providers (i.e. comcast) not actual IP numbers. A hacker would have to be god to potentially hack you based on just knowing your Internet Service Provider.

UnLucky
Jul 9, 2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370409-Dslextreme-blocking-access-to-phantasy-star-online-2

Both have come to the same conclusion that SEGA is basically not allowing its IPs to be known by the major carriers, so when people attempt to resolve to pso2.jp, they time out at a certain point because those carriers do not know the current route to the servers.

There is no blacklist by ISPs.

Read this to try and understand better: http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2a8glh/heres_a_visual_attempt_at_representing_the/

In other words, to avoid saying "confirmed", it is highly improbable that ISPs are behind this.
Well then I guess someone should tell the ISPs to flush their routing tables.

pkemr4
Jul 9, 2014, 01:17 PM
allready splurged and bought proxycap. and gonna stick with AWS since it werks.

Yamishi
Jul 9, 2014, 01:23 PM
allready splurged and bought proxycap. and gonna stick with AWS since it werks.

Same.

Gonna go with this until either my ISP lets me through again, or I get banned.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 01:28 PM
I think people are asking for Internet Service Providers (i.e. comcast) not actual IP numbers. A hacker would have to be god to potentially hack you based on just knowing your Internet Service Provider.

Well they could use the intel to attack the isp server to prevent those that are able to connecting PSO2 while in the process hurting many others who were "innocent" in the scenario.

FantasyHeaven
Jul 9, 2014, 01:43 PM
I've moved on to better games now. can keep their erp2w waifu dressup simulator for all I care lol

Jungo Torii
Jul 9, 2014, 01:57 PM
Cool, I guess.

I'll wait for a while and if the backbone issues don't solve themselves I can free up a bit of hdd space.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 02:06 PM
I have just read that...
Still getting 107 here, so I'll have to find a permanent solution that does not involve uninstalling PSO2.

You are from Gallifrey just use your Tardis and fix this.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 9, 2014, 02:07 PM
Still getting 107 and can't connect to any of the sega PSO2 jp sites.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 9, 2014, 02:26 PM
Since AWS is free for a year, I'll use that to connect. If somehow we still can't normally connect after a year, AWS is cheap anyway, so no biggie.

pkemr4
Jul 9, 2014, 02:50 PM
Since AWS is free for a year, I'll use that to connect. If somehow we still can't normally connect after a year, AWS is cheap anyway, so no biggie.

this. 9$ a month isnt bad. also its pretty hard to reach the data cap since pso2 doesnt send/receive that much data

UnLucky
Jul 9, 2014, 03:01 PM
paying to play a free game

Rain Walker
Jul 9, 2014, 03:12 PM

No more prem ;-;

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 9, 2014, 03:21 PM
inb4 people paying for VPN when they can connect without it

pkemr4
Jul 9, 2014, 03:43 PM

22$ a month

Sanguine2009
Jul 9, 2014, 04:02 PM
i like how people see this one statement from sega - one not even talking about them and their issue and assume the world has ended.

sega is talking about the version of the error the JP players had, not the one some foreigners do. while its possible the issues may be permanent this particular statement should have no bearing on it either way.

never change PSOW.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 04:27 PM
I'll be honest;

Regardless of whether this issue resolves or not, I'll never stop using AWS.

Why the fuck would I give up a dedicated static Japanese IP address?

All that will do is make dealing with Sega support a lot easier because now there will be a history of me logging on from a single IP address, and unless they're paranoid enough to figure out where it's from, no problem.

"B-But Neko! What about your account information!"

No problem. I have a solution for that huehuehue.

Aww yea military privilages.

Omega-z
Jul 9, 2014, 04:54 PM
Has any one think maybe it's a virus/malware related thru the TCP. Been wondering this since same version work and don't work even in the same house...etc. The JP swiki had an section on there page relating to it. here's the link, it's toward the bottom. http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?2014%E5%B9%B46%E6%9C%8819%E6%97%A5DDoS%E 6%94%BB%E6%92%83%E9%9A%9C%E5%AE%B3 Thoughts?

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 9, 2014, 08:56 PM
I'll be honest;

Regardless of whether this issue resolves or not, I'll never stop using AWS.

Why the fuck would I give up a dedicated static Japanese IP address?

All that will do is make dealing with Sega support a lot easier because now there will be a history of me logging on from a single IP address, and unless they're paranoid enough to figure out where it's from, no problem.

"B-But Neko! What about your account information!"

No problem. I have a solution for that huehuehue.

Aww yea military privilages.

Those military privileges dude. But your logic is quite sound. Considering how stupid cheap AWS is after the first year, why give it up?

MDashK
Jul 10, 2014, 11:44 AM
Just to let everyone know that I too can connect from home again.
At least, I can access the website.
Going to try the servers now.

I guess the ISPs are getting back to normal.

Kinujou
Jul 10, 2014, 11:46 AM
Just to let everyone know that I too can connect from home again.
At least, I can access the website.
Going to try the servers now.

I guess the ISPs are getting back to normal.

qucik question: which isp are you?