PDA

View Full Version : It's over, guys. Time to move on.

Dan Maku
Jul 9, 2014, 06:38 AM
With Sega officially announcing that they are done working on Error 107, and with most of us still unable to connect, it's safe to say this is a permanent situation, and we're never getting back onto the servers.

Welp. It's been a fun two years, but it's time to face the music: it's over.

So, where are you guys going now that it's over?

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2014, 06:41 AM
With Sega officially announcing that they are done working on Error 107, and with most of us still unable to connect, it's safe to say this is a permanent situation, and we're never getting back onto the servers.

Just play Vindictus or Dragon Nest. Nexon isn't really worse than SEGA, and those games have their own unique charms over PSO2 in their own way. Pros and cons, but those are my recommendations.

HIT0SHI
Jul 9, 2014, 06:45 AM
Might import Virtual On Force, play other games like Super Smash and what have you. So technically I already moved on, but I still enjoy seeing other people play like a "Let's Play" so I'm still gonna lurk around.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2014, 06:54 AM
It's really not hard to find/anticipate a better game. Just add all your pso2 friends to whatever and that's 85% of what makes pso2 bareable.

It's 2014 you don't have to rely on one game to escape reality anymore, especially when said game is just a microcosm of reality that reminds you how unfair life is by making useful things cost money and making free things 99.999999% negative outcome RNG.

Except for maybe clothes, which you're brainwashed into thinking makes the game worth it, kind of like how hood rats are brainwashed into thinking expensive clothes and iphones make their terrible lives worth it.

Curious about Closers, Black Desert, Monster Hunter 4 and man what was that other game...

I dunno, fuck videogames.

Oh and AWS thingie works pretty good if anyone's really that desperate.

HIT0SHI
Jul 9, 2014, 07:14 AM
I don't see how clothing 'brainwashes' you into thinking the game is* worth it. If anything, it only enhances it. Especially when said clothing / camo makes you want to try another class.

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2014, 07:24 AM
When I played Vindictus, not only were they already blocking tons of people, they were throwing perma bans left, right and center for no reason.
Not to mention all the other iffy stuff going on. There's a reason Nexon has a long record of terrible consumer business reviews.

So yeah... I would say Nexon is worse than SEGA.
But SEGA isn't too hot, either. No point comparing shit with shit.

DJcooltrainer
Jul 9, 2014, 07:27 AM
Some people on facebook using verizon fios have been able to get back on now, so don't act like it's all over. I think the situation is still changing.

If you're really that desperate to play, set up a VPN or SSH tunnel.

And when Sega says they're done working on error 107, they probably mean they've fixed it for everyone in Japan, you know... the people who this game is made for. I'm sure they still have a lot of work to do after this DDoS.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 07:29 AM
Hasn't it been brought up that the route issues can take up to 30 days to be resolved because unless Sega actively does something about it, all we can do is wait.

Nothing Sega does maintenance-wise is going to change this.

On top of this, weren't some people just posting that they're now connecting again, as recent as last night?

This topic is not only premature, but just serving to cause a ruckus...again.

EDIT: Ninja'd by pre-victory road trainer.

TenebriS
Jul 9, 2014, 07:30 AM
Guess this one fits in here too:

PSO-W members are being PSO-W Members.

Sega has fixed all the issues relating to connecting to their servers on their side i.e. when traffic actually gets to them.

The common theory at the moment is that our traffic isnt even getting to them in the first place. So this and that aren't tangibly connected, just related. Like an in-law.

tl;dr
107 isn't SEGAs fault, your ISP doesn't let you connect to PSO2

EDIT: Oh I was to slow o.o

DeificEpyon
Jul 9, 2014, 07:31 AM
This topic is not only premature, but just serving to cause a ruckus...again.

Unfortunately, this cycle seems to repeat every week. It will likely continue until everyone who still can't connect either burns out, or can finally connect.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 07:38 AM
Unfortunately, this cycle seems to repeat every week. It will likely continue until everyone who still can't connect either burns out, or can finally connect.

Yo; for real, son.

Mods where you at?

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2014, 07:41 AM
107 isn't SEGAs fault, your ISP doesn't let you connect to PSO2
This doesn't make sense.
The only times there have been changes to who can connect from outside of Japan were both on PSO2 maintenance times, for this to not be SEGA's fault would be a huge coincidence.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2014, 07:46 AM
I don't see how clothing 'brainwashes' you into thinking the game is* worth it. If anything, it only enhances it. Especially when said clothing / camo makes you want to try another class.

Improves the game by being the only decent part, gotcha.

GAWTCHAH!

Anyhow this game isn't dead for you guys, ya'll just deserve better....

Maybe.

Wise Man
Jul 9, 2014, 07:47 AM
So then is it strange I can't connect to the game/website through my computer but I can connect at least to the website through my phone? (not trying to be that guy, I'm just really curious with this whole matter)

Btw, I use optimum and last I checked we're still not able to access anything :/

TenebriS
Jul 9, 2014, 07:50 AM
This doesn't make sense.
The only times there have been changes to who can connect from outside of Japan were both on PSO2 maintenance times, for this to not be SEGA's fault would be a huge coincidence.

I don't know about that, but most of the people I know of with 107 tried teh signal tracking and it wouldn't even leave their country.
Also my 107 disappeared on a monday that wasn't a maint day. So I wasn't aware that all the others only unlocked on maint days.

If I'm wrong I'm really sorry, was my own personal experience with it.

TaigaUC
Jul 9, 2014, 07:50 AM
Oh yeah? Well I think it's strange that my friend on the same ISP can connect, and I can't.
And my phone can. And my family relatives on a different ISP can. All of us in the same city.
And my ISP seriously thought the website and game were just "down" for everybody.

But hey, people want to believe what they want to believe.

GHNeko
Jul 9, 2014, 07:53 AM
"WELL BASED OF MY ANECDOTAL EXPERIENCE, SITUATIONAL EVIDENCE, AND LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ON THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF THE SITUATION AT HAND, THIS HAS TO BE WHAT'S GOING ON."

http://i.imgur.com/UDRgHs8.png

It's funny how we can't explain things when we don't know all the details, much less have access to the things we need to learn the details, isn't it?

Just like how all the hopefuls are working off conjecture, all the dejectors are working off just as much conjecture.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 9, 2014, 07:58 AM
say what you want.

I've been in VPN ever since the glorious SEA Purge.

and that doesn't stop me from playing this. everyone's like "oh no, we're IP blocked! welp, time to find a new game"

also, I can't really recommend Dragon Nest right now, it's on the verge of dying apparently.

point is, If you like it, never leave it.

well I guess you don't like PSO2 since you're giving up so easily.

Ezodagrom
Jul 9, 2014, 07:59 AM
I don't know about that, but most of the people I know of with 107 tried teh signal tracking and it wouldn't even leave their country.
Also my 107 disappeared on a monday that wasn't a maint day. So I wasn't aware that all the others only unlocked on maint days.

If I'm wrong I'm really sorry, was my own personal experience with it.
Mhm, you say your error stopped on a monday, if it was during the first few days when the servers came back, when SEGA was trying to fix error 107 for those in Japan, what I said about the changes happening when SEGA changes things on their side still applies.

Based on tracert I've seen around here, my case seems to be an exception, but I can reach JP IPs with a tracert, but still can't connect (error 107/can't access pso2 page).

Forum User Y
Jul 9, 2014, 08:08 AM
well I guess you don't like PSO2 since you're giving up so easily.

Id be lying if i said that didn't cross my mind. Several times i told myself "if you love it that much, just play".

The other day, trying B&S in chinese, i remembered how it was to play PSO2 JP before the EN patch. And how the love for the game made me go through it. Then EN patch been developed more and more, but before that, i don't know how i actually got into this boat. PSO2 was just too awesome.
Caught myself thinking of how easily i was giving up on PSO2. That i wasn't giving myself enough credit, as a player.

*puts some violin music* After all we'v been through ..

Edit :

Still gonna try Tera and Vindictus btw, wich are already installed. Dragon Nest incoming too !

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2014, 08:10 AM
When I played Vindictus, not only were they already blocking tons of people, they were throwing perma bans left, right and center for no reason.
Not to mention all the other iffy stuff going on. There's a reason Nexon has a long record of terrible consumer business reviews.

So yeah... I would say Nexon is worse than SEGA.
But SEGA isn't too hot, either. No point comparing shit with shit.

These have been issues in the past but many of these issues have been directly addressed, actually.

To be honest I'd rather a game be overly strict (and sometimes reckless) with cheat-prevention and enforcement than the opposite, but I recognize the negative aspects of their actions in the past.

Either way, you're bring this stuff up like it counter balances all the dumb shit SEGA does. The Nexon team has changed dramatically in the past 2 years or so (especially in regards to their popular games, Vindictus and DN). Go take a look.

NoiseHERO
Jul 9, 2014, 08:11 AM
Real talk, it's more fun seeing all this play out than it is actually playing the game, especially since I could just go play it right now. Some people really don't need to be emotional wrecks when alternatives to get into this game probably only takes 20 minutes to setup.

('(
____l 3
('(

wow that's a really c--ty face.

minim
now moving on. not from pso2 but from waiting for the ability to connect without using a workaround

Wise Man
Actually, and I'm glad I thought of this, are players from Japan still experiencing problems logging in like us? Just a thought anyway lol ^^;

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2014, 08:13 AM
No, we aren't.

SilkaN
Jul 9, 2014, 08:15 AM
Actually, and I'm glad I thought of this, are players from Japan still experiencing problems logging in like us? Just a thought anyway lol ^^;

No. I talked to a JP just a few days ago and he said that everything was fine on his side. None of his JP friends had problems anymore.

lunarsoul
Jul 9, 2014, 08:19 AM
Still have that Error 249 and cant access the website. Oh well Ive been doing other stuff in the meantime like other games and WORKING. Im a patient guy but boy this is really screwing up my initial plans of speed leveling.

jackfrosty
Jul 9, 2014, 08:23 AM
im off to play other games though im tempted to use public vpns and get banned

IndignationSWF
Jul 9, 2014, 08:27 AM
To think, this would all be unnecessary if Sega had released an version for NA/EU anytime in the last two years.

Either way there are other fish in the sea. Gonna keep playing BnS and enjoy some time outside. Hopefully one day things will recover.

It was a fun ride while it lasted.

minim
Jul 9, 2014, 08:29 AM
hell, i think i may already be banned from pso2. sega stopped sending me pso2 emails. but I still get sega id emails about arcade titles and other shit i don't care about

Rupikachu
Jul 9, 2014, 08:31 AM
hell, i think i may already be banned from pso2. sega stopped sending me pso2 emails. but I still get sega id emails about arcade titles and other shit i don't care about

Haven't got them either but i'm not banned.

Also, not moving on

ArataWata
Jul 9, 2014, 08:37 AM
if that's what you want to believe then by all means go ahead.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 9, 2014, 08:58 AM
*puts some violin music* After all we'v been through ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5SF5pvsxfU

fruiteaterz
Jul 9, 2014, 08:58 AM

Recently i've gotten into playing Pokémon World Online with my friends but i would much rather continue on with Blade & Soul XD

Agitated_AT
Jul 9, 2014, 10:38 AM
My recommendation would be monster hunter for those who are looking for alternatives. Game is inaccesable as fuck so u need some patience.

Despite feeling like SEGA ruined another franchise with PSO2, I feel bad the guys who enjoyed it. Kind of fucked up to close everything down especially for those who invested a lot of time and money.

Zipzo
Jul 9, 2014, 10:40 AM
My recommendation would be monster hunter for those who are looking for alternatives. Game is inaccesable as fuck so u need some patience.

Despite feeling like SEGA ruined another franchise with PSO2, I feel bad the guys who enjoyed it. Kind of fucked up to close everything down especially for those who invested a lot of time and money.

That's the risk they all opt to take though, when they login outside of Japan. Can't say there wasn't justification.

sabitsuki
Jul 9, 2014, 11:32 AM
Chinese players have been ip-banned for at least a year and a half now, yet you see a very vibrant community on ship 3/9. You guys are giving up way too easily lol.

Z-0
Jul 9, 2014, 11:34 AM
Chinese players have been ip-banned for at least a year and a half now, yet you see a very vibrant community on ship 3/9. You guys are giving up way too easily lol.
They're banning people now. Pretty good reason to give up.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 12:13 PM
Last message I got from Sega was about the "Apology" for the delivery of the authentication E-mail and getting 107'd plus I already moved on from Pso2 but still have it installed >_<

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 9, 2014, 02:11 PM
I'll be sticking around. I'll use AWS if I have to (its free for a year then 0.012 USD per hour, so hella cheap) becuase not really any other mmo does it for me. Plenty of steam games, sure, but this game is in my top 5 list of games.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 9, 2014, 02:46 PM

Says this yet probably didn't play phantasy star 3,PSO EP3,PSU,or PSP1. Anyways at this point most of my friends can connect and the people that can't why not just break and wait for episode 3? Its not that far away and the people that do game here should have plenty of steam games to keep them company till then.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 02:49 PM
The more people crash out due to overreactions there better. Probably will have a more healthy community playing rather than lobby rats.

reaper527
Jul 9, 2014, 02:51 PM
The more people crash out due to overreactions there better. Probably will have a more healthy community playing rather than lobby rats.

maybe b20 will be reborn into a place that's actually worth going to as opposed to the pre-downtime cesspool it was?

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 9, 2014, 02:53 PM
maybe b20 will be reborn into a place that's actually worth going to as opposed to the pre-downtime cesspool it was?

I whole-heartdly support this idea. We need to get this ball rolling.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 02:58 PM

That would be ideal.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 02:59 PM

I whole-heartedly support this idea. We need to get this ball rolling.

Sounds like a plan guys sadly when the flood gates happen all the grim and scum will return in an instant. -_- This fact makes me sad.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 03:01 PM
If the floodgates take too long to open most will be gone.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 9, 2014, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a plan guys sadly when the flood gates happen all the grim and scum will return in an instant. -_- This fact makes me sad.

That, sadly, is true...
But, until then, you guys enjoy yourselves. I know that, by the time other people perfectly willing to play the (legitimate, as opposed to sitting around doing nothing all day) game such as myself are able to come back, so will all the rats.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 03:06 PM
If the floodgates take too long to open most will be gone.

I hope you're right Shin cause its really depressing and unsettling seeing so many players just sitting there. not doing a thing and letting their electricity run.

That, sadly, is true...
But, until then, you guys enjoy yourselves. I know that, by the time other people perfectly willing to play the (legitimate, as opposed to sitting around doing nothing all day) game such as myself are able to come back, so will all the rats.

Ha ha no worries I've been keeping busy and collected out of game contacts with those that find me likable so we been skyping, playing other games, etc etc etc you know stuff to kill the time and forget about knowing the game even exist.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 9, 2014, 03:11 PM
Since the PSO2 downtime started, I've finally begun posting videos on YouTube. But now I want to post PSO2 stuff so the waiting kinda sucks. I'll just keep playing games for my LPs in the meantime.

Chidori
Jul 9, 2014, 03:17 PM
i wont give up on pso2 just yet ^^ and yeah i hope all this downtime made all the lobby rats quit pso2, even the once peaceful block 201 was slowly getting filled with b-20 and b-209(the b-20 of vita blocks lol) lobby trolls ^^;

Nymfidemus
Jul 9, 2014, 03:18 PM
I've been in VPN ever since the glorious SEA Purge.

I tried logging in couple of days ago with SoftEther but I kept getting the "...timed out"(I forgot the whole sentence, let alone what the code is) message every single time. What VPN you're using by the way?

Mystil
Jul 9, 2014, 03:27 PM
Moving on has never been an easy thing for most people in an MMO. It's almost an unreasonable request.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 9, 2014, 03:28 PM
I think I moved on from most MMOs incredibly easily

Revenya
Jul 9, 2014, 03:37 PM
It's so hard to move on from my waifu

BIG OLAF
Jul 9, 2014, 04:20 PM
As long as the people who can't connect leave these forums too (besides the small handful that are actually nice), I'm all good.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 9, 2014, 04:24 PM
I think I moved on from most MMOs incredibly easily

But you're Cyron. .w.

Also, how's Melon and Solkia?

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 04:25 PM
Moving on has never been an easy thing for most people in an MMO. It's almost an unreasonable request.

Well I have good news. PSO2 is not a MMO. :P

Kondibon
Jul 9, 2014, 04:27 PM
Well I have good news. PSO2 is not a MMO. :Phttp://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1388/21/1388210780465.jpg

Dark Matter
Jul 9, 2014, 04:30 PM
I still stick around cause I atleast want to help my ship and the people on it with the event for all of what they did for me when I played frequently,
but I cant even connect with pz or vpn. All I can do is watch from the sidelines and cheer. For the time being I just play poop tons of other games
till I can think of a solution.

ShinMaruku
Jul 9, 2014, 04:48 PM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1388/21/1388210780465.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120622194439/glee/images/e/e8/Exactly.gif

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 9, 2014, 05:17 PM
Also, how's Melon and Solkia?
http://puu.sh/a4fnI.png

lostinseganet
Jul 9, 2014, 07:16 PM
While I like pso 2 the pain of losing it pails in comparison to the death of the dreamcast, and the fear of losing pso forever back then. then it came out for xbox and pc lol. Anyway since my greatest love for pso will always burn with the dying light of the dreamcast I will keep coming to pso world. I want to see what is happening in phantasy star.

Maybe one day will will come state side >_> i dunno. I loved pso before 2 was announced and I will love my memories if 3 is ever announced.

sabitsuki
Jul 9, 2014, 08:14 PM
They're banning people now. Pretty good reason to give up.
Trust me there are a lot more Chinese players who got the 816 hammer than western players due to the way their AC/WM shops were set up. There are people on their 3rd/4th/5th characters after previous bans. I know you're depressed, and I feel sorry for how the whole Ignition situation turned out, but we can't just give up right now _(:3

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 9, 2014, 08:21 PM
Hey OP, Its not over rover, just be patient...its annoying when someone posts a thread about it saying its over because really how do you officially know this? i read it will take up to 30days for the ISP blocks to be taken down from the first day the blocks where in effect, i don't think sega has control over that. So i'll still wait ...but i won't be checking every hour thats for sure.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 9, 2014, 09:48 PM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1388/21/1388210780465.jpg

Well, I fucking died laughing.

SakoHaruo
Jul 9, 2014, 10:10 PM
Abandon all hope? D:

slayme
Jul 9, 2014, 10:31 PM
As some of you may know - those of us with Time-Warner ISP can now login just fine and have been able to for days. Others have mentioned that it can take up to 30 days for the various backbones to unblock connections that were blocked during the DDOS attack. I suggest either waiting it out or using a VPN or Pingzapper - both of which worked for me back before time-warner started working normally. Obviously if you have the option to switch to time-warner for your ISP do so right now! But no, I would not give up at this point if I were you.