PDA

View Full Version : A public proxy for just eng PSO2 players that can't connect. PROS? CONS?

Rupikachu
Jul 9, 2014, 04:37 PM
Instead of scaremongeing and crying let's find a feasible solution for th ones that can't play.

I have a small server that i need to keep online but has no traffic or anything and i've been using as proxy server for myself and a few friends. It's not on AWS so no problem on overage costs.

Now, i'm thinking to set it up as a public proxy for all that people who can't play (traffic will be blocked for only pso2, won't be keeping any logs + pso2 packets are encrypted anyway), and you'll need to use proxifier/proxycap so it will only affect pso2 (for now, been scooping on making an own solution).

Now.. any cons about it?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 9, 2014, 04:39 PM
Well, the fact that Prox[ifier/ycap] is/are required would pose a problem for some, as, from what I've heard, both have a trial of about 30 days. Granted, that should hopefully be enough for it to blow over for everyone.

Sizustar
Jul 9, 2014, 04:41 PM
A few~
1. Someone from PSO-Hack uses it, get everyone banned?
2. Someone from here or from 2ch get the info, shares it on pso2 uploader(like the Aida screenshot) and get reported to Sega
3. Sega see's a lot of account logging in from the same IP? think it's RMT or Bot or stealing account, everyone get locked/816ed until they contact Sega.

Rupikachu
Jul 9, 2014, 04:49 PM
Well, the fact that Prox[ifier/ycap] is/are required would pose a problem for some, as, from what I've heard, both have a trial of about 30 days. Granted, that should hopefully be enough for it to blow over for everyone.

Yeah, i've been playing a bit to build something similar or finding an alternative but it's not an easy feat.

A few~
1. Someone from PSO-Hack uses it, get everyone banned?
2. Someone from here or from 2ch get the info, shares it on pso2 uploader(like the Aida screenshot) and get reported to Sega
3. Sega see's a lot of account logging in from the same IP? think it's RMT or Bot or stealing account, everyone get locked/816ed until they contact Sega.

1.- It shouldn't happen. IP bans are quite useless nowadays in case of an ip ban, i could just deploy a new vps. There's always a small sega chance would ban the accounts though
2.- Sega could have banned AIDA a few times, specially considering how the item patch works
3.- This actually happened a few days ago, accounts were locked till they fixed email confirmation? Not sure how people ended handling it.

Sizustar
Jul 9, 2014, 04:54 PM
Yeah, i've been playing a bit to build something similar or finding an alternative but it's not an easy feat.

1.- It shouldn't happen. IP bans are quite useless nowadays in case of an ip ban, i could just deploy a new vps. There's always a small sega chance would ban the accounts though
2.- Sega could have banned AIDA a few times, specially considering how the item patch works
3.- This actually happened a few days ago, accounts were locked till they fixed email confirmation? Not sure how people ended handling it.

1. Not IP, but closing the account, not a 816(Temporary block that can probabely be removed if you contact support) but a full account closing, that get put on the monthly bad account number(Those can't be returned, even if you contact support)
2. Sakai doesn't care, as long as you aren't disruptive or making problem<PSO-Hack making public announcement is annoying, but not game breaking, warping NPC/Player, that's bad), in fact he was suprised at the number of foreigner that plays the game and visited the live festa, and welcome them to the game(Meiji, Aida and a few other went to the live festa and met Sakai and PSO2 Crew)
And somehow people on 2ch are conviced that I'm a hacker, because of video I took of PSO-hack in the lobby, and that keep on saying I made the R18 mod(I didn't), and reported me<nothing happened still>,
3. That requires you to contact Sega support through their website, and more contact through email.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 04:55 PM
Thats very nice of you Rupika but I think its best to let things sort themselves out and I'm with Sizustar on the cons.

Wise Man
Jul 9, 2014, 05:11 PM
This actually seems like a really cool and very nice idea! :D
However I think we should air on the side on caution. As much as I want to play again, Sizustar does raise some very good points. I mean if you can "secure" this proxy server and give those allowed access to it a near 100% green light, I'm sure it could really work!

Rupikachu
Jul 9, 2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, what Sizustar points make it quite a dealbreaker :/

Can't think on other alternatives tho. I'll give it a another though anyway.

This actually seems like a really cool and very nice idea! :D
However I think we should air on the side on caution. As much as I want to play again, Sizustar does raise some very good points. I mean if you can "secure" this proxy server and give those allowed access to it a near 100% green light, I'm sure it could really work!

Yeah but having to ask sega to manually unblock it or having a mass ban is something that none of us would want :/

Totori
Jul 9, 2014, 05:15 PM
You could try it, but just be careful about who might join the proxy. If there was a way to check a user, before they jumped on that would work much better.

Vintasticvin
Jul 9, 2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah, what Sizustar points make it quite a dealbreaker :/

Can't think on other alternatives tho. I'll give it a another though anyway.

-_-; I dont mind waiting a bit longer ^^;

Yamishi
Jul 9, 2014, 05:19 PM
I'm in agreement with most of the people here. If you had a way to make sure only trusted people accessed it, then awesome!