PDA

View Full Version : Balanced FO Tree?

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 12:24 PM
I don't plan on buying AC for additional trees (and even if I do, there's skill reset passes). Can someone show me a build or two for going all 3 elements? Or whatever would be best to go with for most situations?
EDIT: Forgot to mention I don't like using Talis, so I won't be adding that to the build at all.

SakoHaruo
Jul 10, 2014, 12:29 PM
Sorry dude. you cannot Force without at least one additional Force tree.

^ that's the truth. however, someone will come in here any second from now and make your dream a reality. o3o

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 12:30 PM
ice tree sucks, dont bother investing into it, except maybe one point

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 12:36 PM
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07bIbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbI n00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000008kbIk2XGKjcAcA7200 009b0000000Ib000000j
herp?

D-Inferno
Jul 10, 2014, 12:45 PM
Ice tree is quite powerful thanks to Ilbarta (and T-ATK High is about as strong as Tech JA Adv, except your non JA attacks get a boost). Ice Tree's only flaw is spending +5 PP on Zondeel and Ilzonde.

Anyway, mixed trees are pretty shitty, although Fire tree should be the first one to get. I feel that Lightning is the least needed of the three, consider that there isn't much to do in Lillipa maps atm.

And Ice and Lightning trees should always have Talis Boost (idk about Fire).

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 12:57 PM
Ice tree is quite powerful thanks to Ilbarta (and T-ATK High is about as strong as Tech JA Adv, except your non JA attacks get a boost). Ice Tree's only flaw is spending +5 PP on Zondeel and Ilzonde.

But getting T-ATK High requires you to get Photon Flare, which I've heard is plenty shit already.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 01:01 PM

Anyway, mixed trees are pretty shitty, although Fire tree should be the first one to get. I feel that Lightning is the least needed of the three, consider that there isn't much to do in Lillipa maps atm.

And Ice and Lightning trees should always have Talis Boost (idk about Fire).

well its useless (exception for selected fields with certain enemies weak to it) outside a 50% Ice Elysion/ Il Barta spam tree, he wants all 3 so hes better off ignoring the ice tree

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 01:02 PM
But getting T-ATK High requires you to get Photon Flare, which I've heard is plenty shit already.

maxing out everything for photon flare is still garbage overall

landman
Jul 10, 2014, 01:20 PM
You can max T-ATK and not use Photon Flare, but that's only worth with a Pure Dark Tree and the spam of Il Megid. I used to go Multielement, more fun to attack each enemy with their weakness, but Il Megid changed that, that tech is too damn overpowered...

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2014, 01:23 PM

Not really, a Ice/Dark Build is not that weaker compared to a Pure dark build, and your Il Barta is much stronger for single target then Il Megid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxuUAmKxmlo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxuUAmKxmlo

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2014, 01:27 PM
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07eubsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIkcq0i bInqnGKsN6JiGA000000febHoJbIbJkIblbi20000lb000000l b000008kbI22XdKjbncAIxIbbnI200008kbdqdQfdFI2HS4Q5b GOI2Io00009bf4Nib000006
Balanced force tree.

Sorry dude. you cannot Force without at least one additional Force tree.

^ that's the truth. however, someone will come in here any second from now and make your dream a reality. o3o

I don't get how this is true at all.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 01:29 PM
i said outside the few maps that actually have things weak to ice, he wants all 3 trees as a build therefore he wants to be versatile everywhere but hes gonna have to sacrifice somewhere and seeing that the ice tree has nothing really beneficial, your better off ignoring it

SakoHaruo
Jul 10, 2014, 01:29 PM
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07eubsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIkcq0i bInqnGKsN6JiGA000000febHoJbIbJkIblbi20000lb000000l b000008kbI22XdKjbncAIxIbbnI200008kbdqdQfdFI2HS4Q5b GOI2Io00009bf4Nib000006
Balanced force tree.

I don't get how this is true at all.

Because you don't GET good damage. o3o

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 01:31 PM

not everyone wants to buy or switch to element skill trees everytime theyre about to run a certain field or SHAQ

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2014, 01:34 PM
You're just going to spam illmegid in every situation anyways which is TE tree.

The best forces will have 3 trees for 40% BOOST in every element, that's true. But a jack of all trades tree works fine, especially now with illmegid.

SakoHaruo
Jul 10, 2014, 01:34 PM
not everyone wants to buy or switch to element skill trees everytime theyre about to run a certain field or SHAQ

With that kind of mindset.... why are you even playing Force? :wacko:

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2014, 01:38 PM
i said outside the few maps that actually have things weak to ice, he wants all 3 trees as a build therefore he wants to be versatile everywhere but hes gonna have to sacrifice somewhere and seeing that the ice tree has nothing really beneficial, your better off ignoring it

Il Barta already deals high damage to enemy not weak to Ice, that won't lose to Il Megid, except for Elder and Loser.

There really isn't a reason to be "balanced" as you won't be able to deal damage as a Pure Dark or Ice Dark, if not getting additional skill tree, Pure Dark or Ice dark is the best path currently for Fo/Te

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 01:39 PM
With that kind of mindset.... why are you even playing Force? :wacko:

why are you even posting here, the op is clearly not going to spend money on AC for element skill trees

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 01:40 PM
Il Barta already deals high damage to enemy not weak to Ice, that won't lose to Il Megid, except for Elder and Loser.

There really isn't a reason to be "balanced" as you won't be able to deal damage as a Pure Dark or Ice Dark, if not getting additional skill tree, Pure Dark or Ice dark is the best path currently for Fo/Te

o i forgot, mindlessly spamming il megid is still the way to go, well im out

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2014, 01:42 PM
o i forgot, mindlessly spamming il megid is still the way to go, well im out

It actually is, welcome to Sega balancing. How was Illmegid not hotfixed after 3 days of being released ? We'll never know - you use the spell once and instantly notice how insanely overpowered it is.

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2014, 01:45 PM
It actually is, welcome to Sega balancing. How was Illmegid not hotfixed after 3 days of being released ? We'll never know - you use the spell once and instantly notice how insanely overpowered it is.

Because to reach the high number damage(7~8k+) you need specific gear that give boost to 50+ T-atk gears(Weapon+Unit) 50 Dark Element, and a specific skill tree build.

Unlike Shunka, which deals 20k+ damage per swing with random 9* katana.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 10, 2014, 01:47 PM
It actually is

If you're a bad Force, sure.

Shiyo
Jul 10, 2014, 01:50 PM
Because to reach the high number damage(7~8k+) you need specific gear that give boost to 50+ T-atk gears(Weapon+Unit) 50 Dark Element, and a specific skill tree build.

Nah, it still does more damage than any other spell for my TE/HU by a lot. It's ability to hit a single enemy 2-3 times is why it's broken.

If you're a bad Force, sure.

Moving on from strawmanning to ad hominem attacks? Keep it up, maybe eventually you'll figure out how to respond to posts.

Anyways, I posted it once, but here you go again OP: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07eubsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbnIkbsIkcq0i bInqnGKsN6JiGA000000febHoJbIbJkIblbi20000lb000000l b000008kbI22XdKjbncAIxIbbnI200008kbdqdQfdFI2HS4Q5b GOI2Io00009bf4Nib000006

You don't like talis so just remove the tais points and put them wherever you want.

Enjoy, it's a jack of all trades skill tree for force, ignore the other classes :)

LonelyGaruga
Jul 10, 2014, 01:54 PM
It's ability to hit a single enemy 2-3 times is why it's broken.

Zan must be several times as broken then.

Moving on from strawmanning to ad hominem attacks? Keep it up, maybe eventually you'll figure out how to respond to posts.

Except it wasn't a personal attack. It was stating a fact.

Waraiwarai
Jul 10, 2014, 01:56 PM
Sazan + Elysion !!! BY THE WILL OF INAZUMA!!!!

SakoHaruo
Jul 10, 2014, 02:00 PM
You're just going to spam illmegid in every situation anyways which is TE tree.

The best forces will have 3 trees for 40% BOOST in every element, that's true. But a jack of all trades tree works fine, especially now with illmegid.

You know what, you're right. If all you do is TACO TACO VH+SH1 then that build is fine. VH enemies have low HP, shouldn't be a problem for someone with a shitty build. But, when it comes time for some real end game content, just know that you are holding everyone back from potential rares.

why are you even posting here, the op is clearly not going to spend money on AC for element skill trees

To inform him that his ways of the Force are wrong. That's all. Why are you a supporter of his ways?

landman
Jul 10, 2014, 02:32 PM

I have all the gear for each element, and maxed Foie (Or Il Zan) will not deal much more damage to a wodan than maxed Il Megid. The tech is broken, this is a fact.

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2014, 02:45 PM
I have all the gear for each element, and maxed Foie (Or Il Zan) will not deal much more damage to a wodan than maxed Il Megid. The tech is broken, this is a fact.

Just tested it out, Forest enemy with 50 fire, 11* Fire rod, Il Megid still deals 6k~8k Damage, which is the same as the fire rod, except it hits more enemy.
We'll see what they do with the big balance change, they should announce it at the next niconico live broadcast.
Either reduce damage by 20%, or increase damage of other element spells.

UnLucky
Jul 10, 2014, 02:54 PM
You can pick one element, or none.

Try to split it up too much and you deal less damage than a pure Fo/Fi that ignores type matching.

Until more enemies start taking less from their resistance and/or more from their weakness, going pure element is the best way to go.

Even if you only have one tree.

Matching weakness with a pure build > ignoring weakness with a pure build > matching weakness with a balanced build > ignoring weakness with a balanced build > using an element you aren't specced for.

Though choosing one element from Force and one from Techer at the same time is an acceptable loss, since not all situations are so perfect as to fully benefit from only a single element. You can definitely build a Force tree as a purely passive boost for a Techer element, but it's not as wide of a gap.

landman
Jul 10, 2014, 03:30 PM
Just tested it out, Forest enemy with 50 fire, 11* Fire rod, Il Megid still deals 6k~8k Damage, which is the same as the fire rod, except it hits more enemy.
We'll see what they do with the big balance change, they should announce it at the next niconico live broadcast.
Either reduce damage by 20%, or increase damage of other element spells.
A well placed Foie/Il Zan will have a larger AOE, but then zondeel + il megid exists... and the fact that Il megid will hit a single enemy 3 times... Right now playing FO is very repetitive.

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 03:31 PM
Liking some of the input in this thread so far, which brings me to another question:
If I were to sub BR (pure bow), would I actually be better off using TE instead of FO? Or are both viable depending on the tree?

LonelyGaruga
Jul 10, 2014, 03:36 PM
A well placed Foie/Il Zan will have a larger AOE, but then zondeel + il megid exists...

And so does Zondeel + everything else.

Are you really going to suggest Ilmegid is the best tech to use after Zondeel?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 03:37 PM
wont matter, just mindlessly spam il megid

landman
Jul 10, 2014, 03:38 PM
And so does Zondeel + everything else.

Are you really going to suggest Ilmegid is the best tech to use after Zondeel?
If you only want to play with one tree, yes, Dark/Ice is the choice, and it is not worse than any other choice.

horseship
Jul 10, 2014, 03:43 PM
FO/BR isn't so bad unspecced in my opinion. If BR is going to be your sub then you want a pure weak stance build to take advantage of elemental weaknesses. I used to have a balanced FO tree like the one posted (with BR sub), although I later reset to ice/dark FO/TE because I saw how OP it was... and that FO/BR had too many pp problems in my opinion. You really need to use gunslash often for PP recovery if you're subbing BR. FO/BR is great for TA though from what I've seen.

As for FO/BR or TE/BR, you definitely want FO/BR. More damage multipliers (especially element conversion), and can equip Vibras Bow which is good for banishing arrow + techs.

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 03:53 PM
FO/BR isn't so bad unspecced in my opinion. If BR is going to be your sub then you want a pure weak stance build to take advantage of elemental weaknesses. I used to have a balanced FO tree like the one posted (with BR sub), although I later reset to ice/dark FO/TE because I saw how OP it was... and that FO/BR had too many pp problems in my opinion. You really need to use gunslash often for PP recovery if you're subbing BR. FO/BR is great for TA though from what I've seen.

As for FO/BR or TE/BR, you definitely want FO/BR. More damage multipliers (especially element conversion), and can equip Vibras Bow which is good for banishing arrow + techs.

I actually forgot that TE can't equip Vibras Bow, which was the whole reason I wanted to sub BR in the first place. Also, Rapid Shoot is good enough for the PP recovery, isn't it? Especially with RS Advance.

My build, so far: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07xObsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbI n00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000008kbIk2XGKjcAcA7200 009b00000002of4N6JIHnHXbnI20000j

I took out Tech JA Advance because I fuck up Tech JAs quite often, even after practicing it quite a bit, even in the heat of battle.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 10, 2014, 04:01 PM
If you only want to play with one tree, yes, Dark/Ice is the choice, and it is not worse than any other choice.

Zondeel + Rabarta
Zondeel + Ilbarta
Zondeel + Gimegid
Zondeel + Ramegid
Zondeel + Namegid

Just for Ice and Dark, these would be better options than Ilmegid after a Zondeel. Ilmegid is worse than other choices after a Zondeel.

horseship
Jul 10, 2014, 04:13 PM
I actually forgot that TE can't equip Vibras Bow, which was the whole reason I wanted to sub BR in the first place. Also, Rapid Shoot is good enough for the PP recovery, isn't it? Especially with RS Advance.

My build, so far: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07xObsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbI n00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000008kbIk2XGKjcAcA7200 009b00000002of4N6JIHnHXbnI20000j

I took out Tech JA Advance because I fuck up Tech JAs quite often, even after practicing it quite a bit, even in the heat of battle.

Vibras Bow is a weapon you'll only use for bosses. Ideally you would have rods/talises for each element with the proper latent boosting that element. Gunslash is better for pp when you're not fighting bosses, since it shoots faster and you don't have to activate rapid shoot.

As for your build, you're better off going with the one posted earlier in my opinion. Tech JA is probably better than half mastering 3 out of the 6 elements. You want 1 point in rare mastery for the 30 t-atk boost, and 1 point in second masteries for the 5% if it's not too far out of the way.

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 04:24 PM
Vibras Bow is a weapon you'll only use for bosses. Ideally you would have rods/talises for each element with the proper latent boosting that element. Gunslash is better for pp when you're not fighting bosses, since it shoots faster and you don't have to activate rapid shoot.

As for your build, you're better off going with the one posted earlier in my opinion. Tech JA is probably better than half mastering 3 out of the 6 elements. You want 1 point in rare mastery for the 30 t-atk boost, and 1 point in second masteries for the 5% if it's not too far out of the way.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07xObsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbI n00000000Ib000000lb000000lb0000084OI22XAxjbncAIxIb i200009b0000000ebkb4N6JIHnHXbnI20000j
Better?

horseship
Jul 10, 2014, 04:32 PM
Looks fine to me. You could give up points in ice mastery to get talis tech bonus if you ever want to use talis.

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 04:35 PM
Unless it's for COs, I'm never going to use Talis, so I'm good.

Kondibon
Jul 10, 2014, 04:46 PM
Unless it's for COs, I'm never going to use Talis, so I'm good.Any particular reason why not?

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 06:05 PM
It's my playstyle. I'm normally a melee-type player, with the only exception being the use of bows. For some reason that I can't quite understand myself (maybe because PSO2's a real action game instead of your typical MMORPG), I started enjoying casting magic. But when I tried out Talis several times, but I just couldn't get used to it. Remote casting just isn't my thing, I guess.

Alma
Jul 10, 2014, 08:43 PM
in term of autotracking + dmg, ilmegid is broken alright...
at least for people with endgame equipment (dat seimei talis)

i have test it with the optimal equipment + crafted ilmegid in SH adv
12-14k dmg per hit to any non weak element enemy (any mob enemy beside sanctum/FC)
20k dmg per hit to weak element enemy (mob on sanctum/fc enemy only)

but what make it so broken was its autotracking, making it an idiot proof tech
no need of positioning
no need of manual aiming stuff
no need of any of the hassle preparation setup like on other tech, let the tech do all of it for you.

anytime the enemy spawn in a group, just lock on one enemy, spam it 2-3x, an its clear

but i gotta say, using ilmegid make playing FO boring as shit :wacko:

kurokyosuke
Jul 10, 2014, 08:45 PM
Another concern: There aren't any Rods that boost Ice tech damage. What weapon should I go with for that element?

Sizustar
Jul 10, 2014, 10:37 PM
Another concern: There aren't any Rods that boost Ice tech damage. What weapon should I go with for that element?

One with reduced PP useage, increased PP recovery, or Boost Just attack.
That's your choice.

oratank
Jul 10, 2014, 11:16 PM
in before sega nerf zonde autohit target weakpoint
what they gonna do with il megid autotracking

Kondibon
Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 PM
in before sega nerf zonde autohit target weakpoint
what they gonna do with il megid autotrackingConsidering that Zonde's quirks are just how the game's hitboxes work, that would nerf a LOT of other things besides Zonde.