PDA

View Full Version : what really is happening

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 10, 2014, 01:28 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370564-ISP-level-block-of-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-servers-

if you don't feel like reading then basically Sega has a New route to PSO2 and almost every ISP hasn't been told about the route so you can't connect until Sega makes the route public to ISPS

Maenara
Jul 10, 2014, 01:47 PM
Your post doesn't assume the worst. Prepare for your post to be buried.

Kairi_Li
Jul 10, 2014, 01:58 PM
So Sega needs to step up and let other ISPs know about the new route, or else we have to try and convince our internet service providers to take the band aid method of manually set a route to the destination IP?

Man... I wonder if anyone at At & T would even be willing to set up a manual route...

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 10, 2014, 02:12 PM
May as well post the other two threads on dslreports that also say pretty much the same thing.

In one of these even the network engineers as DSLExtreme say that this is the cause.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29372477-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-pso2.jp-and-ISP-based-cannot-connect
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370409-Dslextreme-blocking-access-to-phantasy-star-online-2

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 10, 2014, 02:21 PM
So, in essence, all of us across the world (including us British, for which it'll be incredibly difficult) need to convince our ISPs to find the new route?

watashiwa
Jul 10, 2014, 02:34 PM
Your post doesn't assume the worst. Prepare for your post to be buried.

It basically says the same thing, though. Even though the people in the DSLReports thread and the OP say "you can't connect until Sega makes the route public to ISPS", the end result is the same as an IP block.

SEGA may never publish it and the fact that SEGA considers the error resolved already, don't hold your breath on any other resolution coming from them on this matter.

RagolianHunter
Jul 10, 2014, 02:46 PM
IF Verizon is available in your area:

Call your current provider and threaten to swith to Verizon if they don't hook it up.

Long shot, but worth a shot.

CALL ON!

Searaphim
Jul 10, 2014, 02:54 PM
Prepare your tools to connect to PSO2 people cause SEGA isn't publishing that new route anytime soon.

TauAkiou
Jul 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
I don't quite think it's Yahoo JP that's blocking us, mostly because they don't have any links to any foreign ASes except for Hurricane Electric.

http://bgp.he.net/AS4694#_graph4

For the record, AS4694, or Yahoo Japan's AS, is managing the routes for the PSO2 servers. The route is established from there, and is propagated out through the graph through each directed edge.

From what I can tell, the routes we are not getting blocked through are going through KDDI (AS2497). This includes Verizon (AS701), and should theoretically include Sprint (AS1239), Deutsche Telecom (AS3320), Telecom Italia (AS6762), Tinet SPA (AS3257) (Testing required for all), and should also provide a link to one of Level 3's AS (AS3356), although I don't think that route has propagated as of yet (Although since KDDI is letting their route propagate through Verizon, there is a chance, although I am not sure of the odds, that this route might open up.)

Coincidentally, they are NOT blocking AS6939, which is Hurricane Electric. (I can confirm this because my school goes through HE's backhone and is able to connect just fine.) This makes it somewhat clear that we might not be getting filtered directly by SEGA's AS.

The rest of us, however? We have exactly one path according to this chart: AS2914, which is run by NTT Telecommunications.

I personally believe them to be the current source, since as many people have said both here and Reddit, that their paths were previously shuffling through NTT. However, it's clear to me that the route is still being propagated, which means there are still holes that could open up elsewhere. (I think the reason that some Comcast customers were getting through for a bit was because they were managing to pull a route through KDDI for a period of time.)

Most likely entity to contact regarding the block would be NTT, since most, if not all of the major backbone providers go through them.

I've actually learned quite a bit about internet topography from this whole crisis. It's been very enlightening as to what has been going on.

Ordy
Jul 10, 2014, 03:55 PM
Sega doesn't share new route to non-japanese ISP, my Belgian ISP could connect anyway without a single time-out or error.

Someone explain this shit.

Edit: nvm, didn't see Tau's post, makes more sense now. Someone give him a medal, feels good to read a competent person on psow.

Sychosis
Jul 10, 2014, 04:31 PM
[snip]
For what it's worth, NTT America connects to both game and site without issue.
http://www.us.ntt.net/support/looking-glass/ (https://www.us.ntt.net/support/looking-glass/)

TauAkiou
Jul 10, 2014, 04:35 PM
For what it's worth, NTT America connects to both game and site without issue.
http://www.us.ntt.net/support/looking-glass/ (https://www.us.ntt.net/support/looking-glass/)

Of course! NTT America can't necessarily deny routing data to itself (or theoretically, any if it's own AS.) This provides a little more weight to my theory that NTT is denying routing propagation to all of the peers linked to it, which is certainly possible.

Sychosis
Jul 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
Would a trace route to 158.205.104.60 then be able to prove if NTT is at fault?

From everything I've seen 158.205.104.60 is basically the final IDC/Yahoo Japan hop before hitting pay dirt and looking at how you route there would confirm if everyone is trying to route though NTT, no?

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2014, 04:59 PM
Makes sense.

Distant Thunder
Jul 10, 2014, 05:08 PM
So, in essence, all of us across the world (including us British, for which it'll be incredibly difficult) need to convince our ISPs to find the new route?

No they can't "find" it. Routes aren't "found" on an IP network. They are announced. The announce can take some time to get to everyone but not days I believe, most likely a matter of hours.

So unless yelling to Yahoo Japan, your ISP can't really do anything.
Yahoo Japan probably kept the new announce for japanese ISP peers in a first move, so that DDOSing machines don't catch up too fast.

Now it seems they're announcing to more and more peering providers but in essence, it's all up to them.

TauAkiou
Jul 10, 2014, 07:28 PM
No they can't "find" it. Routes aren't "found" on an IP network. They are announced. The announce can take some time to get to everyone but not days I believe, most likely a matter of hours.

So unless yelling to Yahoo Japan, your ISP can't really do anything.
Yahoo Japan probably kept the new announce for japanese ISP peers in a first move, so that DDOSing machines don't catch up too fast.

Now it seems they're announcing to more and more peering providers but in essence, it's all up to them.

Pretty much this.

The route goes outbound from it's origin point, sort of like a digital breadcrumb trail. Routing servers store and cache the routes, and uses them whenever some data that needs to go to that specific location is shuffled in. Of course, if the routing server never receives the routing data in the first place, they don't exist as far as the routing servers are concerned.

The reason I suspect NTT has to do with the fact that we can still connect by routing through KDDI, who either let the routing propagation block expire, or just doesn't care.

Additionally, NTT is the one notable path that leads to ALL of our blocked AS, which means that they are the most likely culprit.

I have four potential theories as to how this is going to play out:

1. NTT's block was automatic and will expire after an unspecified amount of time.

2. NTT's block is manual and will eventually be removed after it is certain that there is no more risk of any more attacks.

3. Any AS that can route through KDDI will eventually route through KDDI, and restore access to those areas (provided they don't request KDDI stop announcing routes to the foreign AS behind them),

4. This will remain indefinitely.

Believe what you want to believe. This is all just speculation.

TaigaUC
Jul 10, 2014, 09:50 PM
I asked my ISP if they can route all traffic to PSO2 through the routes that I've confirmed to work (sent them the working traceroute on the same ISP, two days ago).

Still waiting for a response. Not expecting much.
I bet their top engineers will conclude that it's my firewall blocking the universe.

Skyly
Jul 10, 2014, 10:15 PM
What seperates TWC from all other ISPs? I'm confused on what makes them so special

LordShade
Jul 10, 2014, 10:22 PM
I asked my ISP if they can route all traffic to PSO2 through the routes that I've confirmed to work (sent them the working traceroute on the same ISP, two days ago).

Still waiting for a response. Not expecting much.
I bet their top engineers will conclude that it's my firewall blocking the universe.

better then mine, they just told me the site was down because they checked it at downforeveryoneorjustme

I literally hung up in disgust, with absolutely no intention to bother anymore

GHNeko
Jul 10, 2014, 10:36 PM
Have you ever been so desperate to play an online game, that you spend over a week scrubbing the internet in order to learn about internet telecommunications and topography?

Good shit Tau.

TauAkiou
Jul 10, 2014, 10:38 PM
What seperates TWC from all other ISPs? I'm confused on what makes them so special

TWC seems to be one of the ISPs currently going through KDDI, or so some people have told me.

@GHNeko: This doesn't bother me any; this is something I have legitimate interest in as it is, so scouring the internet, looking for information on why I can't connect to some Japanese game was hardly a waste of time for me. :p

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jul 10, 2014, 10:39 PM
Haha, all these theories man.

WOW!

People here are fucking desperate as shit dear god hahahaha.

Atleast these threads are good for shits and giggles. ^^

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2014, 10:41 PM
Optimum goes through KDDI as well when going to arks-layer.com and some other Japanese sites.

GHNeko
Jul 10, 2014, 10:48 PM
@GHNeko: This doesn't bother me any; this is something I have legitimate interest in as it is, so scouring the internet, looking for information on why I can't connect to some Japanese game was hardly a waste of time for me. :p

Well this that wasn't aimed directly at you, but rather the whole entire PSOW community who's been scrambling to learn everything they could to try to come up with an explanation to attempt to find a solution for a problem that stopped them from taking another hit of PSO2. :V

People (such as myself) have even gone as far as to put on a trench-coat, a fedora and triangle sunglasses; just to walk down the back-alleys just to meet up with our dealer in Japan.

This is all quite hilarious.

LordKaiser
Jul 10, 2014, 11:12 PM
SEGA's way of removing everyone without IP banning, just not telling the address route to the carriers. That way they don't only get rid of the DDos attack source but also from annoyances like PSO-Hack as well.

Instead of blocking the roads they just blew the highway.

BTW GHNeko your point is?

GHNeko
Jul 10, 2014, 11:17 PM
I need to have a point to my post in order to share my musings, observations and have some-what related; non-serious conversation? Essentially what a forum is for?

Well I'll be.

lol.

Snark aside, no. I don't have a serious point, or a point at all really. I'm having discussion that makes light of the situation by painting a caricature of PSOW.

Mystil
Jul 10, 2014, 11:55 PM
So Sega needs to step up and let other ISPs know about the new route, or else we have to try and convince our internet service providers to take the band aid method of manually set a route to the destination IP?

Man... I wonder if anyone at At & T would even be willing to set up a manual route...

Just go ask(though if I remember, you're an aussie, so I don't know about ATT's customer service there).

I personally had good service with them(in the US), and CANNOT WAIT to eventually switch back them from Evilcast.

TauAkiou
Jul 11, 2014, 12:30 AM
SEGA's way of removing everyone without IP banning, just not telling the address route to the carriers. That way they don't only get rid of the DDos attack source but also from annoyances like PSO-Hack as well.

Instead of blocking the roads they just blew the highway.

BTW GHNeko your point is?

If it is, it's a pretty half-assed way of doing it. Not only is it failing to keep us out, a fair amount of players can still get in through Verizon or TWC. If SEGA was really adamant about it, they would have pushed KDDI, Softbank (Which actually IS Yahoo JP's backbone provider), and others to be more proactive about blocking foreigners. Furthermore, they would have also just stuck an IP block on the servers for good measure.

Furthermore, if they did do this intentionally, why not do the same for SEA?

However, it's clear that the only company still doing anything has been NTT.

First, I don't believe that SEGA even did anything. Why? They had to deal with getting the servers back up, ARKS Fiesta, and a bunch of additional crap that week. They couldn't really do anything about the DDOS, and I wonder if they even know anything beyond the fact that the attack happened.

When they did get the servers back up, even Japanese players were having issues. These were likely related to the same issue we are having right now, which had to be resolved.

More then likely, on June 22nd-June 23, when the attack occurred, techs at NTT probably received word about the attack and stopped broadcasting routing data as a preventive measure.

Approximately one week later, existing routes begin to be cleaned out of the major routing tables, leaving people who were previously routing through NTT's network without a route.

Meanwhile, KDDI hasn't done anything, and people from Verizon have a route propagating through them. Some Comcast customers even seem like they got through for a moment, probably routing through KDDI for awhile. Verizon went out for awhile, but came back with a route through KDDI, which is still currently working.

About two weeks later, service still hasn't resumed for many of the big networks because NTT still hasn't started publishing the routes yet.

Honestly, the agency we might actually get a real answer from would be NTT, since it only seems to be effecting the players that are forced to route through them. (Which is to say, quite a good chunk of us.)

Also, keep in mind that it hasn't even been a month since the attacks, either. If NTT set it to time out automatically, a month with no activity is probably a pretty good indication that the attack is officially over and the entry can be purged from their blacklists.

Remember, everything I am saying here is pure speculation, derived from what I've seen happening over the last two weeks. Someone who actually does know more about networking then I do could see this and be like "haha what an idiot".

What I really think people should do is calm down and either continue waiting it out, or if you are really intent on playing/ nothing changes, do the Amazon EC2 tunnel.

As for PSO-Hack, they would just do their own VPN and it would be business as usual. This does absolutely nothing to them aside from posing as a minor inconvenience.

Jazneo
Jul 11, 2014, 12:54 AM
best just vpn for now

Kairi_Li
Jul 11, 2014, 01:23 AM
Just go ask(though if I remember, you're an aussie, so I don't know about ATT's customer service there).

I personally had good service with them(in the US), and CANNOT WAIT to eventually switch back them from Evilcast.

I live in Los Angeles now, so its AT & T in California. :)

Ordy
Jul 11, 2014, 04:36 AM
I can't believe how small-minded some pso-world members can be.

Distant Thunder, TauAkiou and the dslreports posts were more interesting to read than 95% of PSO2 General over the last few days. But heeeeeey hold on, are these passionate people talking about networking? Where is my "Tryhard Flag"?

I honestly don't give a shit if it's for PSO2, SEGA, facebook, your dog's vet website... I can play the game just fine, it's not like I was desperate to play. Trying to understand how US-JP network routing works, IP tables, providers involved in the process is usually kinda FUN for anybody with an IT background.

/define/ fun: someone or something that is amusing or enjoyable

Then while reading this particularly interesting thread, I have to read shitty posts like these:

People here are fucking desperate as shit dear god hahahaha.

Now I apology for the off-topic, but it was really getting on my nerves.

XTREEMMAK
Jul 11, 2014, 05:05 AM
^Agreed. These are the %$6 hats with the inflated ego and "superiority complex" who love disrespect others because someone trys to do a little homework and look past the surface and the literal *rolls eyes*.

It'd be another thing if we were all kicking and scream, slamming our keyboards (or PC XBOX Controllers), and taking frequent screenshots of our angry emails to SEGA JP and posting it here....but yea I think many of us here have enough class for that. Well...some of us anyway. :-?

Z-0
Jul 11, 2014, 05:23 AM
The problem is that things keep going in circles. It's the truth, a lot of people will refuse the possibility that they'll be unable to play PSO2 again. This isn't to say some people are just trying to find out what's going on and seeing if they can fix it, but some people are taking this a little too far, outright denying and attacking any post which says "I don't think we'll be playing PSO2 again because [blah]" or "It seems that the block is SEGA's doing which means we might not play PSO2 again".

The attacks on negative speculation have to stop. The worst thing about communities nowadays is that if you aren't over-the-top optimistic, and feel like the worst may happen, you're instantly slated and told to stop "fearmongering", even though you're just speculating like everybody else is doing, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

There are seriously people in denial here. A lot of people. There's nothing wrong with thinking that PSO2 may be unblocked again for people in the West who are currently blocked, but instantly denying and attacking people who think otherwise is a clear sign of denial.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 11, 2014, 05:32 AM
don't mind me here, I'm already blocked. (from SEA)

then again, fukk asiasoft.

also, is it not possible to keep each other's speculation or thoughts about this so called IP Ban?

just sit tight and wait for a month or so like those tech experts says and see if you can connect.

we'll all know the answer by then.

fruiteaterz
Jul 11, 2014, 06:10 AM
The problem is that things keep going in circles. It's the truth, a lot of people will refuse the possibility that they'll be unable to play PSO2 again. This isn't to say some people are just trying to find out what's going on and seeing if they can fix it, but some people are taking this a little too far, outright denying and attacking any post which says "I don't think we'll be playing PSO2 again because [blah]" or "It seems that the block is SEGA's doing which means we might not play PSO2 again".

The attacks on negative speculation have to stop. The worst thing about communities nowadays is that if you aren't over-the-top optimistic, and feel like the worst may happen, you're instantly slated and told to stop "fearmongering", even though you're just speculating like everybody else is doing, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

There are seriously people in denial here. A lot of people. There's nothing wrong with thinking that PSO2 may be unblocked again for people in the West who are currently blocked, but instantly denying and attacking people who think otherwise is a clear sign of denial.

Well said :yes:

Sierhiet
Jul 11, 2014, 06:41 AM

Eloquent.

GHNeko
Jul 11, 2014, 08:47 AM
It's a two way street.

There are a lot of overly-optimistic people and overly-pessimistic people.

Both extremes of the spectrum are in full force during this evolution.

I'm not sure why Z-0 emphasized the overly-optimistic over the overly-pessimistic but hey whatever.

Wise Man
Jul 11, 2014, 09:03 AM
I suppose there is another way of looking at this, though it may have already been said at this point lol. It is entirely possible most of us will not be able to play pso2 again by normal means. However, its also entirely possible that we might just be able to. At this point, we're all just throwing about the information that we've collected or heard about from various sources. Now the problem with that is that we have no idea what's truth and pure fictional hope hence the now fighting between the defined lines of the optimistic and pessimistic.

Then again, it is a good thing to vent both sides on this topic. I believe someone did point out that this is a forum to do just that lol. I guess to sum up my lengthy story; its probably best to just wait and see but that doesn't mean to stop sharing your that's on the matter, just be civil about it :)

TauAkiou
Jul 11, 2014, 09:49 AM
-snip-

The problem is, however, that nobody really knows what's going on. Both the optimists and pessimists are going to fight bitterly over what going to happen, which is still completely up in the air.

Nobody can say for certain whether or not we will be able to play PSO2 normally at all. This is, of course, why I've been looking at the theories and been trying to find a plausible reason as to what is going on.

Both sides have a chance of being right. In fact, both sides have their merits. Things might get better, they might not. We have evidence supporting both sides, and they both have equal chance of being right or wrong.

The problem with the pessimist arguments I've seen, however, is that many of them seem to revolve around speculation we've confirmed to be untrue, or answer for problem x, but leave problems y and z unanswered. I still see people throwing around "IP Block" when we have completely disproved the presence of a foreign IP block. Additionally, I've seen a few that have been displaying themselves in completely hostile manners.

Also, seas of posts that basically look like this don't help either:

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b590/TauAkiou/AAAAAA_zps77a2c7b3.png

It's not that there isn't truth to their statements, though. The best and most plausible pessimistic argument I've seen is that SEGA is simply going to do nothing to remove the block, based on the fact that foreigners shouldn't be playing anyway.

Completely accurate, completely plausible.

However, I think it's still too early to make a definite conclusion. It hasn't even been a month since the servers went down, which for situations like this, is a fairly good amount of time to test the waters, seeing if the situation is over before they resume normal operation.

If this goes on for more then a month, then I think we have real reason to worry.

Z-0
Jul 11, 2014, 09:58 AM
The problem with the pessimist arguments I've seen, however, is that many of them seem to revolve around speculation we've confirmed to be untrue, or answer for problem x, but leave problems y and z unanswered. I still see people throwing around "IP Block" when we have completely disproved the presence of a foreign IP block. Additionally, I've seen a few that have been displaying themselves in completely hostile manners.
Except, the same is also happening on the opposite spectrum. Tip: We have not proven it's not an IP Block. Rather, quite the opposite, we have very strong evidence that it is.

People are jumping to conclusions, yet if you tell the over-the-top optimists they're jumping to conclusions, you'll get slated, as I've already said.

Community's vile, and from what I can see, the pessimists aren't anywhere near as bad as some of the more delusional people. People are just upset that people aren't agreeing with them.

Also, as I said before, we've pretty much come to the conclusion it's a foreign IP block, although not in your traditional manner. If you read the links on the front page, you'll see what I mean. People denying that still are simply delusional.

To deny the existence of a block, which 90% of people on this forum are doing, is nothing short of delusional. None of the pessimists are saying we are blocked forever, they are simply saying we are blocked, but people aren't comprehending that and go on the offensive instead, which provokes reactions from people such as Revya (who, let's be honest, is quite right).

TauAkiou
Jul 11, 2014, 10:18 AM
-snip-

The community has a sort of cabin fever right now; that uncertain moment where a bunch of people are trapped in the same boat and constantly drawing conclusions, and trying to disprove anyone who has taken to the opposite camp as they took. The most adamant and aggressive of both sides, are, however, the ones that will get the most attention.

Incidentally, the optimists happen to be worse right now. (I can agree with you on that.) I still don't think many of the arguments provided by the pessimists have been helping their case, though, and it's much easier right now to remain optimistic about what's going on.

Yes, I do agree with you. I was more trying to point out in my previous post why more people are leaning on the side of optimism and point out some of the problems that people on the pessimistic side have been facing.

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2014, 10:48 AM
Well I suppose it's more of a location block... Like physically being cut off from the servers. As you said, it's not a traditional IP block, though it's functionally very similar.

The main difference is it actually serves to mitigate a DDoS attack. Allowing connections to get through before then denying them would in no way protect their servers, but it would certainly block foreigners that they're not obligated to serve.

Was it deliberately done by Sega? If so, they've not made known any intentions of undoing it. Even if it wasn't them, it's clearly in response to the attacks that (in part) affected Sega. But due to the nature of such an attack it can come back at any time without warning, so who can say the block will go away once the threat is gone?

If it's some sort of automatic top level filtering, it'll go back to normal eventually. If it was all orchestrated by the eggheads at Sega, then it only takes them a phone call. Either way, there's not much anyone can do about it over here but wait or circumvent the block, regardless of its true nature.

GHNeko
Jul 11, 2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah it's not an IP block. It's a block, But deff not an IP block.

This is something I feel we can confirm as most likely true.

SO the people calling "IP BLOCK!!!!!!111" are the ones that bug me the most.

pkemr4
Jul 11, 2014, 02:50 PM
somehow i feel that another DDoS attack will happen again.

Skyly
Jul 11, 2014, 03:00 PM
Question: Since most user cannot connect without someway to bypass the current route our IPs are taking to JP. Will the people who are keeping the item translation and English patch updated going to continue to do so?

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 11, 2014, 07:59 PM
Question: Since most user cannot connect without someway to bypass the current route our IPs are taking to JP. Will the people who are keeping the item translation and English patch updated going to continue to do so?

that question would be best to ask people like Aida which Aida has said she will work on the english patches if the other people quit though it will take longer to translate the new content

now as far this thread goes im staying out of any arguments or crazyy ideas the server techs taught me alot and i understand what there saying and from all the theories the server techs sounds like it's true

Jei182
Jul 11, 2014, 08:19 PM
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29370564-ISP-level-block-of-Phantasy-Star-Online-2-servers-

if you don't feel like reading then basically Sega has a New route to PSO2 and almost every ISP hasn't been told about the route so you can't connect until Sega makes the route public to ISPS

So it looks like we just have to wait for Sega to announce the new route to certain ISPs which I assume would be gradual (due to mitigating DDoS attacks)....if it happens and Sega announces the new route.

TaigaUC
Jul 11, 2014, 10:37 PM
I think people just need to realize and accept this:

1. Certain routes to PSO2 (specifically the login and website) aren't working.
2. Obviously SEGA wanted for this to happen, to protect against the DDoS.
3. We don't know exactly how they did it. Just that many ISPs cannot see/find those PSO2 servers.
4. All we can do is try and find a route that works.
5. Convince your ISP there's a problem and get them to find a way around it, or find your own way.

Not much point arguing about the rest.

Meta77
Jul 11, 2014, 10:47 PM
Dont care moved on. Playing other mmos and ps3 and ps4 games. With a slew coming out in the coming. months. I now upload old pso2 pics on my tumblr with the tag fuck sega japan.

Zipzo
Jul 11, 2014, 11:52 PM
Yeah it's not an IP block. It's a block, But deff not an IP block.

This is something I feel we can confirm as most likely true.

SO the people calling "IP BLOCK!!!!!!111" are the ones that bug me the most.

Why the hell does it matter if it works functionally the same way? I just don't get it with you "it's not an IP block" mules. It doesn't even freaking matter at this point, consider it simply a layman term for not being able to get on the game because of where you live. Do whatever you have to in order to stop adding worthless irrelevant corrections to the subject.

Raggx3
Jul 12, 2014, 12:42 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/

https://twitter.com/sega_pso2

July 9th "But, We do support towards the correction"??

TauAkiou
Jul 12, 2014, 01:08 AM
Why the hell does it matter if it works functionally the same way? I just don't get it with you "it's not an IP block" mules. It doesn't even freaking matter at this point, consider it simply a layman term for not being able to get on the game because of where you live. Do whatever you have to in order to stop adding worthless irrelevant corrections to the subject.

It does matter. These two blocks are NOT functionally the same, and both have significantly different functions and ramifications.

IP Block: SEGA (As in, SEGA themselves) is actively forbidding foreign connections from accessing the PSO2 game servers. Connections can get to the game server, but the server will deny them and prevent users from logging in without an IP address in the Japan range. SEGA would do this deliberately to prevent foreigners from logging into the game.

If there was an IP block, no foreigner would be able to connect to the game without using a Japanese VPN.

As far as we can tell, people are still connecting to the game servers with foreign IP addresses. Even the Amazon EC2 method is distributing US IP addresses to our proxy servers, and the game servers don't give a damn.

Therefore, this is not an IP block.

Routing Block: The backbone providers (*cough*NTT*cough*) are not providing routing information to other backbone providers, which causes connections to fail on our end.

The key differences:

- This may or may not be perpetuated by SEGA.

- It does not effect ALL foreign players. (Verizon and any hosts routing through KDDI (to date) are working properly.)

- This block is unpredictable, meaning that as routing tables change, connections could work one day, and stop working the next. An IP block is a de-facto "you can't connect, period".

- There exists a chance, although not certain, that this could completely fix itself, where an IP block is a fairly definite "no".

---

These distinctions are important, given the nature of the situation.

Aurorra
Jul 12, 2014, 01:32 AM

It's the equivalent of people having a conversation about whether the frozen water falling from the sky is hail or snow, while having a bunch of idiots coming along shouting that it's raining at the top of their lungs. They may all be similar but there are important differences, and we can definitely tell it's not rain.

Aine
Jul 12, 2014, 02:31 AM
I won't pretend to know anything about how the internet works, but as the first few posts mention, several experts on DSLReports all came to the same conclusion - SEGA is not advertising the route for its IP to non-Japanese carriers. This explains both the timing of the blocks (coinciding with maintenance) and the fact that traceroutes show requests not making it out of the country.

The most important thing to take out of this is that this was done intentionally by SEGA as a countermeasure against the DDoS. This suggests that the chance of foreigners ever being able to connect again is slim, because this is a side-effect of the DDoS countermeasure. In fact, if this were an actual IP block foreigners would have a better chance of it getting eventually lifted. SEGA isn't going to take down its DDoS protection because that would open it up to another attack and they would look mighty stupid if that happened.

Krimson
Jul 12, 2014, 04:03 AM
I'll just say this the situation looks bad for some of us foreigners on connecting.

and as a lot have said best to wait it out or use your programs or vpns xD

Cypher_9
Jul 12, 2014, 07:00 AM
I must say, Tau, Z-0 and a couple others who have shared their insight into this; I thank you - I already accepted the fact that I am unable to get back to PSO2.

A sad fact at the moment but, I am hopeful in going back to it - I would just miss out on getting the free stuff due to the issue. Also, I step back and wonder, least as far as the NA community is a concern with those who are spilling immature nature - I would say this is well deserved for the fact that we had 'invaded' their game in the first place due to our obession.

The original plan for PSO2 was shot due to [some internet laws] varying from country to country - it is and was what made PSO in the first place with its first episodes; yet that dream cannot be followed. However Sakai was kind enough to allow us to stay and gave us a pardon to play the thing we love and he as well as others knew foreigners like it; and what do we do in return.

Literally mock, spit, man-handle a company that is only selling a product - as well as poison their community with Western non-sense and ill-etiquette. Can't you even see why some JPers dislike us; because most aren't even grown in the head nor considerate upon being on a different server. I know some of you are respectful in retrospect but the majority; I would say this is a fitting punishment if intentional or not.

I know I am off-topic here but, to see the same thing come about every time from people just shows how 'great' 'merica is and the latter. We should sincerely thank this producer for even letting us gaze upon such a franchise in the first place.

Anyway, I will be patiently waiting on TERA or Vindicutus for the time being: if you want to join my my characters are named such...

Moriyah - Eyphah - Naamiy = TERA

Naami - Avram - Zedan - Tapani (Lynn) = Vindictus

WildarmsRE5
Jul 12, 2014, 08:15 AM
>_> what about the people who were good and still got banned?

those foreigners who speak japanese and converse with JPs at PSO2 do exist you know?

reptile7383
Jul 12, 2014, 08:37 AM
Its not PSO-world without someone insulting all western players and trying to justify a restricted internet

martinmeegan
Jul 12, 2014, 08:51 AM
Its not PSO-world without someone insulting all western players and trying to justify a restricted internet

He wasn't insulting all Western players; just those in the States;-)

Cypher_9
Jul 12, 2014, 10:43 AM

It's not even an insult, its the truth; granted there are people who do follow a proper etiquette based on their own person; especially being on a server that is not ours. Even give a shot at trying to understand and least learn the language of the place they are occupying as foreigners. However the opposite seem outweighs the possible good-will.

You know how we would like foreigners to speak English when they come here - it is no different with this yet I see people who often assume otherwise. I am merely pointing out how backwards the majority of the NA commune is and expressing that the ones who are in control of such have the right to do what they want whether it is an IP ban or not. Even-though this is an unfortunate effect to the cause - we are still trying to enter in someones house without knocking; this time the door is locked for the time being for some while others have the key.

Yes it is not fair to the ones who meant no harm, however, those who are sharing negative insight about a server that doesn't belong to us in the first place is only breathing hot air. We have to keep in mind that this is not our server, if it was a US server then it would be different - only then we can be 'outraged' lol.

Using Tera as an example; many resent "BRs"; I am not sure why but I can guess it is due to the language block (and other silly things placing their own insults) but there are others who don't mind them being there and work things out even when incompetence is present. You can apply this to PSO2; there are some natives who do speak English and don't mind our presence and even tolerate our own competence.

Though.

From our general presence on this, I often feel that we are trying to take over despite being a handful of people; speaking in their general chat (I am guilty of this as well) spamming SAs, etc. without any notion of the ramification that would come behind doing such. I won't fault the one who is ignorant but, I will say that we truly fail in a representation.

Again, I know this is off topic - but, we, those should take a moment and think. We can call out the offender of the ordeal (the DDoSer) but, we cannot fault the one trying to protect their home. You would do the same if someone tried to break in and make your house into a lagfest... LOL

All we can do is wait, however patience is the one of the virtues I do not see in the common folk... and I seen it way too many times in the game called LIFE. And the cereal... ^^;

reptile7383
Jul 12, 2014, 10:48 AM
It's not even an insult, its the truth; granted there are people who do follow a proper etiquette based on their own person; especially being on a server that is not ours. Even give a shot at trying to understand and least learn the language of the place they are occupying as foreigners. However the opposite seem outweighs the possible good-will.

You know how we would like foreigners to speak English when they come here - it is no different with this yet I see people who often assume otherwise. I am merely pointing out how backwards the majority of the NA commune is and expressing that the ones who are in control of such have the right to do what they want whether it is an IP ban or not. Even-though this is an unfortunate effect to the cause - we are still trying to enter in someones house without knocking; this time the door is locked for the time being for some while others have the key.

Yes it is not fair to the ones who meant no harm, however, those who are sharing negative insight about a server that doesn't belong to us in the first place is only breathing hot air. We have to keep in mind that this is not our server, if it was a US server then it would be different - only then we can be 'outraged' lol.

Using Tera as an example; many resent "BRs"; I am not sure why but I can guess it is due to the language block (and other silly things placing their own insults) but there are others who don't mind them being there and work things out even when incompetence is present. You can apply this to PSO2; there are some natives who do speak English and don't mind our presence and even tolerate our own competence.

Though.

From our general presence on this, I often feel that we are trying to take over despite being a handful of people; speaking in their general chat (I am guilty of this as well) spamming SAs, etc. without any notion of the ramification that would come behind doing such. I won't fault the one who is ignorant but, I will say that we truly fail in a representation.

Again, I know this is off topic - but, we, those should take a moment and think. We can call out the offender of the ordeal (the DDoSer) but, we cannot fault the one trying to protect their home. You would do the same if someone tried to break in and make your house into a lagfest... LOL

All we can do is wait, however patience is the one of the virtues I do not see in the common folk... and I seen it way too many times in the game called LIFE. And the cereal... ^^;

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify insulting people.

Cypher_9
Jul 12, 2014, 10:50 AM
Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify insulting people.

Okay, if it would, I will make jest of this and say I am insulting you ^^. I will sleep better knowing that you are guilty :D

kabutozero
Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 AM
I don't understand , I have been able to connect since the first day the servers were on , living in spain , Don't think my isp has learned about that new "route" before murica ones LEL

Alineah
Jul 12, 2014, 11:56 AM
Okay, if it would, I will make jest of this and say I am insulting you ^^. I will sleep better knowing that you are guilty :D

yes yes we are guilty for living on a country that you decided to insult, its not like any other places have bad people in them either.

LordKaiser
Jul 12, 2014, 05:01 PM
I've seen Japanese talking in the lobby and spamming hentai symbol arts as well so I call BS on the etiquette thing.

Too bad that I didn't took screenshots back them as it was not important.

Kondibon
Jul 12, 2014, 05:18 PM
I've seen Japanese talking in the lobby and spamming hentai symbol arts as well so I call BS on the etiquette thing.

Too bad that I didn't took screenshots back them as it was not important.I think the thing people take issue with is how concentrated it is. This of course is only due to the fact that english speaking players are so centralized. This is why people dislike b20. When people ask "what ship has the most english players?" and finds out that they're mostly on Ship 2 B20 they congregate there to socialize because they KNOW english speaking players are going to be there. If this was an egnlish server I don't think it would be anywhere near as bad because the people who talk a lot would be spread out in their own little cliques on different blocks instead of everbody on one, much like the JP players are right now. This is all conjecture though.

Cypher_9
Jul 12, 2014, 07:37 PM
yes yes we are guilty for living on a country that you decided to insult, its not like any other places have bad people in them either.

Of course but, the premise of this was missed. Nobody in the world is perfect but, that is not what my words spoke of. Earlier in these posts others expressed the same or near it (I am not the only one who speaks about our community) and again I know it is not everybody. One would like for those to show a better representation of the country you are from/ residing/ etc.

Too bad that I didn't took screenshots back them as it was not important.

Even if that is the case - should we not be a better example; or behave differently since we are in someone else's house? Just because I am throwing pizza on the ceiling of my home doesn't mean you have to or can (as fun that may sound) - even if you get the itch to do it you have to ask the owner if you can.

I see the few of you are quick to point the negative part of my words but, feel that the whole idea is being missed. What I wrote is in response to earlier postings in this thread making additions to validate claim. I am not high and mighty myself - just merely expressing what I seen in observation and testaments through others within the same body.

As apart of this community I would wish better accordance - especially since we are not on an NA server. The most this is expressing is that. Granted we huddled into a block since day one - but even there we should be considerate of our own judging that not everyone's tolerances is the same. This is why some of us broke off into other blocks to: either have better parties during EQs or other things, be in a quieter block, be in better parties, oh and to be in faster parties... >.>

If we cannot stand to be around our own community for the simple things in the game (this is excluding guilds/ teams) then that says something. Again I am not the only one who even pointed this out >.>

Alineah
Jul 12, 2014, 10:16 PM
Of course but, the premise of this was missed. Nobody in the world is perfect but, that is not what my words spoke of. Earlier in these posts others expressed the same or near it (I am not the only one who speaks about our community) and again I know it is not everybody. One would like for those to show a better representation of the country you are from/ residing/ etc.

Even if that is the case - should we not be a better example; or behave differently since we are in someone else's house? Just because I am throwing pizza on the ceiling of my home doesn't mean you have to or can (as fun that may sound) - even if you get the itch to do it you have to ask the owner if you can.

I see the few of you are quick to point the negative part of my words but, feel that the whole idea is being missed. What I wrote is in response to earlier postings in this thread making additions to validate claim. I am not high and mighty myself - just merely expressing what I seen in observation and testaments through others within the same body.

As apart of this community I would wish better accordance - especially since we are not on an NA server. The most this is expressing is that. Granted we huddled into a block since day one - but even there we should be considerate of our own judging that not everyone's tolerances is the same. This is why some of us broke off into other blocks to: either have better parties during EQs or other things, be in a quieter block, be in better parties, oh and to be in faster parties... >.>

If we cannot stand to be around our own community for the simple things in the game (this is excluding guilds/ teams) then that says something. Again I am not the only one who even pointed this out >.>

Personally, I believe no individual should represent a country at all.

Larger communities from many different areas can cause drama indeed, but that doesnt mean it has anything to do on where youre from, I personally dont care where youre from, I dont even care if you like watching ponies, as long as you can be decent with others, I believe we can get along.

The point is, no matter which country youre in, youre going to find jerks in them regardless, and its no surprise it happens in pso2, where you have people from different countries mixing in with the JP crowd, at the same time, people need to realize bigger communities means more drama, and the fact that I hear people running their mouths of how much b20 is terrible and how much they hate it doesnt help reduce the drama at all. Another thing is, people should avoid drama, unfortunately many do the exact opposite, the dive in with those unpleasant players and eventually become one of them.

Also while its true were sitting in JP servers, you also have to be realistic, every game has its baddies, and you will have as much native baddies that join pso2 also join from different countries, thats just a fact and none of us have the power to stop it.

Its one thing to reduce a community to one country to reduce drama, but its another to go blaming a country for drama, all of them are just as guilty including the natives.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 12, 2014, 10:21 PM
stuff

+^_^+
Japan makes better cars than us,
Games and cartoon shows,
But i saw The Cove on Netflix,
And that was pretty f***** up, bros...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwQAyskqG0g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwQAyskqG0g

Cypher_9
Jul 12, 2014, 11:32 PM
Personally, I believe ...

Then, we should have no president; no congress; senator... (blaaah~) okay I kid ^^

What you say is true - I am not denying this. For the one who caused the DDoS that affected the server - we may not know who it is truly or where it came from is but we are just on the blunt end of it and it affected our ISPs.

For those that brought negativity to this post - the most (and then some) I said is that this is a befitting 'punishment' if it was to be one. For those who already know the implications of this situation are just waiting patiently in hope to get back on. Or perhaps the anger is just the love they have for the game - maybe?

Yes I admit I was radical on this and merely just spilling what all of you can do on here - I know NAers are not the only ones; and we have no control over ones actions. Drama will be here and there and everywhere; but, that is another story.

I admit again I probably gone far and too into this - ones passion run deep and for that forgive me. While others like to point out other things about others - the most important thing they miss looking at is themselves.

So in saying this, since it appears I brought a negativity too; this is a befitting punishment for me ^^

And I am usually optimistic... :(

Also that music video was funny; I thank you for the laugh ^^

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 12, 2014, 11:42 PM
welcome to reality every country has jerks pervs serial killers corrupt government officals scammers hackers shy people rude people people who will talk your ears off and every other type of person you can think of

heres the reason for it there still human no matter what country or skin color they are and every human is different were not all bees with a hive mind we actually think

now on topic ISPS Like TWC and verizion that can access PSO2 buy from JP ISPS quite often so they actually have access to alot more japanese sites that the other ISPS don't have access to

Enforcer MKV
Jul 12, 2014, 11:53 PM
I think the thing people take issue with is how concentrated it is. This of course is only due to the fact that English speaking players are so centralized. This is why people dislike b20. When people ask "what ship has the most English players?" and finds out that they're mostly on Ship 2 B20 they congregate there to socialize because they KNOW English speaking players are going to be there. If this was an English server I don't think it would be anywhere near as bad because the people who talk a lot would be spread out in their own little cliques on different blocks instead of everybody on one, much like the JP players are right now. This is all conjecture though.

Nah, people will always choose a place to group. In PSU it was fourth floor Universe [Block]1 of the Guardians' Colony. In AOTI it was fourth floor and White Beast Lobby. Honestly, B20 is exactly like Fourth floor was in PSU. Japanese are just the same. I've seen JP congregate in the lobby before, spamming symbol arts and chatting in....'general' chat, for lack of a better term.

We really aren't that much different.

Actually, no. I take that back. Fourth floor was worse because I couldn't turn off Chat bubbles there, so there were several occasions where my eye would overload from too many bright flashing random colors and I'd actually lose sight for a little bit. Scared the shit out of me. [Yes, this actually happened once or twice. My eyes are screwed up, I know.]

Cypher_9
Jul 13, 2014, 12:02 AM
welcome to reality...

Reality? I thought this was wonderland - just lacking the pink!

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2014, 01:36 AM
[SPOILER]Actually, no. I take that back. Fourth floor was worse because I couldn't turn off Chat bubbles there, so there were several occasions where my eye would overload from too many bright flashing random colors and I'd actually lose sight for a little bit. Scared the shit out of me. [Yes, this actually happened once or twice. My eyes are screwed up, I know.

that's actually commonly a sign of ischemia (blood can't get to the tissue to keep it alive and it "passes out") and quite serious, you should consult your doctor and try following the game manual and take a 15 minute break every hour (15 minute break of not looking at anything that gives off light, like light bulbs, computer monitors, etc.)+^_^+ could also be a sign of seizures or epilepsy, also just as serious...

like really, you should see a doctor about that....

would also like to state a cross burst has a lot more whacky flashing colors then 4th floor PSU ever did+^_^+

Karen Erra
Jul 13, 2014, 03:33 AM
I don't quite think it's Yahoo JP that's blocking us, mostly because they don't have any links to any foreign ASes except for Hurricane Electric.

For the record, AS4694, or Yahoo Japan's AS, is managing the routes for the PSO2 servers. The route is established from there, and is propagated out through the graph through each directed edge.

From what I can tell, the routes we are not getting blocked through are going through KDDI (AS2497). This includes Verizon (AS701), and should theoretically include Sprint (AS1239), Deutsche Telecom (AS3320), Telecom Italia (AS6762), Tinet SPA (AS3257) (Testing required for all), and should also provide a link to one of Level 3's AS (AS3356), although I don't think that route has propagated as of yet (Although since KDDI is letting their route propagate through Verizon, there is a chance, although I am not sure of the odds, that this route might open up.)

Coincidentally, they are NOT blocking AS6939, which is Hurricane Electric. (I can confirm this because my school goes through HE's backhone and is able to connect just fine.) This makes it somewhat clear that we might not be getting filtered directly by SEGA's AS.

The rest of us, however? We have exactly one path according to this chart: AS2914, which is run by NTT Telecommunications.

I personally believe them to be the current source, since as many people have said both here and Reddit, that their paths were previously shuffling through NTT. However, it's clear to me that the route is still being propagated, which means there are still holes that could open up elsewhere. (I think the reason that some Comcast customers were getting through for a bit was because they were managing to pull a route through KDDI for a period of time.)

Most likely entity to contact regarding the block would be NTT, since most, if not all of the major backbone providers go through them.

I've actually learned quite a bit about internet topography from this whole crisis. It's been very enlightening as to what has been going on.

I can confirm Deutsche Telecom to be able to connect. Never had any connection issues after the servers came back up, other than the random 107 and 630 that Sega fixed. Since all that is done, the connection to PSO2 seems just fine.

TaigaUC
Jul 13, 2014, 03:33 AM
welcome to reality every country has jerks pervs serial killers corrupt government officals scammers hackers shy people rude people people who will talk your ears off and every other type of person you can think of

heres the reason for it there still human no matter what country or skin color they are and every human is different were not all bees with a hive mind we actually think

This.

GHNeko
Jul 13, 2014, 03:46 AM

Have you not been reading the information being floated around in this forum?

As Tau clearly put it, the implications of an IP Block are waaay different than the implications of a Routing Block.

The latter of which as much more hopeful possibilities compared to the grave ones that lie within an IP Block.

The fact you want to consider the phrase, "IP Block" a layman for what going is honestly surprising considering how great of a misnomer it'd be.

Thanks for calling corrections on an important technically worthless AND ON TOP OF THAT; labeling me and a group of other people who stress said technicality, "mules". It's really fucking becoming of you.

Maybe because you currently reside in Japan and can play without issues is the reason why you're not giving enough of a shit to pay attention to information regarding the situation at hand.

Jeez Louise. How asinine.

Shear
Jul 13, 2014, 05:51 AM
For those living in Germany Versanet based connections (like Versatel etc ...) don't get through.

... That's actually sadly quite a lot since it's one of the biggest alternatives for ISP's to rent Cables from aside from the Deutsche Telekom.

Distant Thunder
Jul 13, 2014, 08:58 AM

Thank you for your input, I too have learn a lot about routing and BGP through this crisis :). One thing I'd like to underline is that it is perfectly possible with the right community attributes to prevent a certain prefix from being exported outside of the transit provider network.

For example if the new route to prefix 210.189.208.0/23 from AS4694 have been first announced with a NO-EXPORT community attribute to certain peers/providers, then it is possible that it didn't get out of certain ASs since the route wasn't first propagated on eBGP routers of those providers and peers.

Z-0
Jul 13, 2014, 09:14 AM
People will believe whatever they want in order to not face the truth. By calling it an "IP Block", we are (apparently) pretty much admitting there's no chance of getting online, but if it's not an "IP Block", there's hope, apparently.

It's why mystic things and religion exist. Why face the truth when you can believe in something else?

Why people believe a block that doesn't function as a traditional IP block is more hopeful than an IP block is beyond me. It's the same thing . . .

Sp-24
Jul 13, 2014, 10:27 AM
Have you not been reading the information being floated around in this forum?

As Tau clearly put it, the implications of an IP Block are waaay different than the implications of a Routing Block.

The latter of which as much more hopeful possibilities compared to the grave ones that lie within an IP Block.

The fact you want to consider the phrase, "IP Block" a layman for what going is honestly surprising considering how great of a misnomer it'd be.

Thanks for calling corrections on an important technically worthless AND ON TOP OF THAT; labeling me and a group of other people who stress said technicality, "mules". It's really fucking becoming of you.

Maybe because you currently reside in Japan and can play without issues is the reason why you're not giving enough of a shit to pay attention to information regarding the situation at hand.

Jeez Louise. How asinine.
Exactly how is an implication of "IP Block" any different from this "Routing Block"? What is "Routing Block" based on, again? Certainly not on your foreign IP, I assume, since that would imply that your IP gets blocked, and Sega can't afford to commit such a misnomer. After all, a topic has already been posted on PSO-W, they wouldn't dare!

Alineah
Jul 13, 2014, 11:39 AM
lol what IP block? im still playing in the states, I dont know what youre all talking about, even American VPNs work :-P

Rehal
Jul 13, 2014, 11:46 AM
lol what IP block? im still playing in the states, I dont know what youre all talking about, even American VPNs work :-P

lol whats american?

Alineah
Jul 13, 2014, 11:49 AM
lol whats american?

*shrugs* beats me

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2014, 12:16 PM
beats me

Yes, that is what Americans do to the rest of the planet.

edit: except football soccer, which we just don't care about (and not because we keep losing at it)

Alineah
Jul 13, 2014, 12:25 PM

edit: except football soccer, which we just don't care about (and not because we keep losing at it)

do what? were getting waaaaay offf topic as well.

if you hate America, save it for somewhere else, its not needed here.

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2014, 12:29 PM
do what? were getting waaaaay offf topic as well.

if you hate America, save it for somewhere else, its not needed here.

beat you

america beats you

even if you're in america, america beats you because of its spectacular legal system

Alineah
Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 PM
beat you

america beats you

even if you're in america, america beats you because of its spectacular legal system

lawl, america has never beaten me because we never even challenged eachother in the first place :-)

IndignationSWF
Jul 13, 2014, 12:36 PM
Seriously guys?

Alineah
Jul 13, 2014, 12:37 PM
Seriously guys?

I think ill just stop mentioning a specific country from now on because it just grabs too much attention ^^

IndignationSWF
Jul 13, 2014, 12:40 PM
I personally don't care, but this is hardly the place. =p

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2014, 01:01 PM
You're right; I'll let the thread go back to its totally rational and always informed discussion.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2014, 01:10 PM
That all totally made sense. :0

GHNeko
Jul 13, 2014, 01:25 PM
People will believe whatever they want in order to not face the truth. By calling it an "IP Block", we are (apparently) pretty much admitting there's no chance of getting online, but if it's not an "IP Block", there's hope, apparently.

It's why mystic things and religion exist. Why face the truth when you can believe in something else?

Why people believe a block that doesn't function as a traditional IP block is more hopeful than an IP block is beyond me. It's the same thing . . .

Wow. What the fuck man. You're pretty much spitting in the face of people who do not want to side with your stance on the matter. It's condescending, if nothing more.

Weren't you just recently talking about how overly-optimistic people tend to jump down the throat's of pessimistic people for even thinking there is no hope; and yet here you are saying this? Isn't there a word for something like this?

Like do you intentionally misunderstand and/or ignore posts like Tau's that explain why an IP Block and the Routing block aren't exactly the same and why that matters?

Exactly how is an implication of "IP Block" any different from this "Routing Block"? What is "Routing Block" based on, again? Certainly not on your foreign IP, I assume, since that would imply that your IP gets blocked, and Sega can't afford to commit such a misnomer. After all, a topic has already been posted on PSO-W, they wouldn't dare!

Did you guys really miss Tau's post that answers both your questions? Neither of you have responded to him nor does it seem like you want to. I literally just +1'd and paraphrased his post, but why am I the only one out of us both being responded to?

Yes. The effects for all intents and purposes are the same.

A routing block has been explained as something can exist as an issue on OUR side, which we've clearly seen with multiple people giving supporting evidence. The connections don't even get to SEGA to BE IP blocked.

What's being tossed around is that there is a new route to the servers and Sega has yet to publish the new route to the rest of the world.

Like my IP has practically zero value when it comes to the routing block because the issue is dealing with not even our ISPs but services the ISPs use.

There is a clear technical distinction between the two types of blocks even if on OUR side, the results are the same.

It's bothersome to see people trying to merge two types of block into one category, but then improperly label. Regardless of what my personal stance is, it's still spreading misinformation.

It's like people confusing effect and affect on a macro-scale.

Z-0
Jul 13, 2014, 01:45 PM
Wow. What the fuck man. You're pretty much spitting in the face of people who do not want to side with your stance on the matter. It's condescending, if nothing more.
Well no, that's not really what I'm doing. What I'm doing is "spitting in the face" of people who outright refuse a fact, which is a lot of people here.

Because you know, people are refusing it's some sort of block and saying it will be lifted later on when people just point out that may not be the case.

But believe whatever you like. Also your post trying to explain what the block is is flat-out wrong, and I'm not going to bother correcting it because countless people have tried to explain what is going on, but as I've said people, people are refusing it.

I'll put it in big letters, maybe you'll understand:

This routing block is ENTIRELY because of SEGA because they're not announcing the route to their servers to certain providers, such as Level 3 and Congent. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM ON OUR END, AND THERE HAS BEEN NO "PROOF" IT IS A PROBLEM ON OUR END.

A trace route not making it to SEGA does not prove that this is a problem on our end. Basically, because the route isn't being announced, connections will make it to a certain point, but that point won't be able to direct them to where they want to go. THUS, THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH SEGA NOT ANNOUNCING THEIR ROUTE, NOT A PROBLEM ON OUR END.

Yes, I was trying to be as obnoxious as possible, and also to look like the biggest jerk ever. You are welcome.

Kinaya
Jul 13, 2014, 01:59 PM
Well no, that's not really what I'm doing. What I'm doing is "spitting in the face" of people who outright refuse a fact, which is a lot of people here.

Because you know, people are refusing it's some sort of block and saying it will be lifted later on when people just point out that may not be the case.

But believe whatever you like. Also your post trying to explain what the block is is flat-out wrong, and I'm not going to bother correcting it because countless people have tried to explain what is going on, but as I've said people, people are refusing it.

This routing block is ENTIRELY because of SEGA because they're not announcing the route to their servers to certain providers, such as Level 3 and Congent. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM ON OUR END, AND THERE HAS BEEN NO "PROOF" IT IS A PROBLEM ON OUR END.

A trace route not making it to SEGA does not prove that this is a problem on our end. Basically, because the route isn't being announced, connections will make it to a certain point, but that point won't be able to direct them to where they want to go. THUS, THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH SEGA NOT ANNOUNCING THEIR ROUTE, NOT A PROBLEM ON OUR END.
Yes, I was trying to be as obnoxious as possible, and also to look like the biggest jerk ever. You are welcome.

dude its an ip ban, just deal with it nothing we can do about it ( ignore the fact that I can play cuz its an ip ban ya know )

IndignationSWF
Jul 13, 2014, 02:10 PM
IP banned from life's servers?

Alineah
Jul 13, 2014, 02:13 PM
-snip-
you should try convincing those that annoyed their ISPS to be able to login on how much the unannounced Routing works the same as an IP block

because with an IP block youre not getting through no matter how much you you annoy your ISP unless you use a VPN

My tire is flat, i guess i should replace the whole wheel instead of just filling it with air.

Searaphim
Jul 13, 2014, 02:15 PM
I'm playing the game with my home IP therefore calling this block an IP block is only wrong and spreads misinformation. As Tau previously said in his post it is important to understand the huge difference between a "routing block" (which is not a block but the end result is like a block) and an IP block.

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2014, 02:17 PM
That all totally made sense. :0

I feel some strange sense of irony here.

Stormwalker
Jul 13, 2014, 02:20 PM
If in fact it is only NTT that is blocking the route propagation, it is entirely possible that this was instigated BY NTT, rather than by Sega, entirely.

Consider this: A DDoS attack against Sega's servers would cause a pretty dramatic traffic spike on NTT's network. Speaking as someone who works for a company who provides Internet services (a mobile phone carrier), network companies do not like large, unwanted traffic spikes. If the problem is severe enough, they *will* take measures to defend their own networks.

This is the sort of measure that a networking company would take in this situation.

That's not to say that Sega couldn't easily have requested this measure, because they certainly could do so. But it's also possible that when Sega had their routing changed, NTT made their own decision not to advertise the new route (after consulting with Sega to ensure they didn't have a problem with it... which Sega wouldn't, since they don't support connections outside Japan).

If this is the case, it is possible this measure might be removed after NTT determines the threat is diminished.

Of course, there are no guarantees. Routing is fluid by nature, though. It changes. A route that works one day doesn't work the next, and vice versa. So anyone who tells you they know what will happen - one way or the other - is mistaken, unless they are making decisions on Sega's behalf (Sega has the power to change all of these things since they are NTT's customer in this case).

It is what it is, and what it is... is uncertain.

Distant Thunder
Jul 13, 2014, 03:04 PM

Writing in capitals rarely ever makes uninformed statement more true than they are. Sega has no AS thus no route to announce in the first place. And if anything I would put my 2c that it's not even them that came up with the solution.
Since there's no official statement on this, it's a bit upsetting to see people throwing rocks to this or that entity...

It started by blaming chinese/SEA players, then it was westerners and bad, bad US players, then it was clueless, clueless ISPs, now it's treacherous SEGA, and I can see foul NTT at the horizon...
Can't the hateful lot just accept that we know nothing apart that new routes have been set up and propagation hasn't fully happened yet ?

Even for people that have some IT background here, it took a while to figure out what the hell might have been going on (heck even ISP personnel contacted over phone couldn't tell and sometimes misled calling customers into thinking they (the ISP) could do something on their end) and they were quite careful with their assumptions. Yet people learn nothing, jumping at the throat of the first perfect scapegoat...
There's something worrying about that obsession of always having s.o. to blame...

Being a jerk is and angry is ok IMO, but the Ddoser escape your wrath quite unscathed...

*sight*

And also (not blaming you) I strongly disagree that this is any form of "block" since we don't know for what purpose new routes still haven't propagated.
I don't think being over pessimistic isn't better than being over optimistic...

Keep in mind that "route blocking" everything outside Japan is a child's play for Yahoo Japan and only takes a few commands. It is in no way remotely comparable to the strangely slow & erratic but happening route propagation that is happening now.
I think that if they wanted to route block anything it would be pretty clear by now.

GHNeko
Jul 13, 2014, 04:02 PM

Holy shit you're fucking unbelievable.

I'm aware of this.

Sega not taking any action on their part. We all know this.

And yet, somehow...people are having their connections reestablished.

How fucking mysterious...

It's like something is happening behind the scenes with the backbone providers and the services they subscribe to are actually picking up routes and shit and fixing the problem on their end...like people have assumed before!

Holy shit! What the fuck is going on here man!?

You're clearly so fucking sure of yourself and how correct you are and how what you believe is the fucking truth, that surely you have an explination as to why people are randomly getting their connections back!

Do you have inside intel from Sega?

Can you hook a brotha up?

I'd totes preciate it, brah.

sigh

GHNeko
Jul 13, 2014, 04:04 PM
I'm done with this.

We're all literally operating off of conjecture, but people still assume and act is if they're correct/certain/what the fuck ever.

It's stupid.

This community is filled with people who operate on extremes, pessimism, assumptions, and what the fuck ever else bias.

It's inane.

Like literally no has any 100% concrete proof.

Why the fuck is ANYONE acting as if they do?

I'm sure as hell not.

stukasa
Jul 13, 2014, 09:49 PM
I'll admit I haven't been following the forum discussions that closely but I skimmed through this thread as best I could, and I wanted to add what I know. By coincidence I just happened to switch ISPs from AT&T to Time Warner Cable, and suddenly I can log into the game with no problem (with AT&T I was getting the 107 error). I think it was mentioned earlier that TWC is a working ISP so I just wanted to confirm that it *does* work, at least for me. If someone really wants to get back into the game and has the option to switch ISPs, you might want to consider it. Again, I can only confirm that it worked for me, I don't know if the same is true for everyone...

Walkure
Jul 13, 2014, 10:16 PM

Idunno about that, the world cup has been drawing more and more US fan attention every 4 years, and MLS is starting to match MLB in ratings among youths. That, and the U.S. had a pretty damn good run this cup, all things considered.

Hell, I'm watching the Sounders game right now because Yedlin (and Dempsey) had some amazing plays for the World Cup.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 13, 2014, 11:29 PM
dude its an ip ban, just deal with it nothing we can do about it ( ignore the fact that I can play cuz its an ip ban ya know )

So can I! I'm still able to log on... But the game got so boring that i log off after ten minutes. There's really nothing much to do until bouncer comes out right now :-?

Daiyousei
Jul 13, 2014, 11:36 PM
B20 is still destroyed so I can't even go there to laugh at the chatter that goes on there.

Instead, they invaded other blocks now talking in public.

TaigaUC
Jul 13, 2014, 11:59 PM
Some people regaining/losing access just means something is changing somewhere.
Doesn't matter whether it's SEGA or not, because we can't interact with SEGA for a solution.

B20 is still destroyed so I can't even go there to laugh at the chatter that goes on there.

Instead, they invaded other blocks now talking in public.

I've been seeing EN players talking publically in many other blocks virtually every day I've logged in over the past two years. It's not new.
I still see EN players entering random blocks and yelling in all caps "ANYONE SPEAK ENGLISH?!? HEY! HELLO!! ENGLISH PLAYERS?! ANYBODY!!!"

BlankM
Jul 14, 2014, 12:46 AM

I'm aware of this.

It's like something is happening behind the scenes with the backbone providers and the services they subscribe to are actually picking up routes and shit and fixing the problem on their end...like people have assumed before!

Have you read any of the dslreports or isp posts from actual network engineers? Because those are actually pretty good proof of whats going on.

SEGA is only announcing itself to two major asian lines, and some of these ISPs happen to have a route to them. Either by association/payment or something else. Can ISPs fix it on their side? Perhaps but we have no idea how they would do that or if they even have the means to do so. The only thing clear is that SEGA isn't announcing themselves to everybody. Which is what is being stated. There is no denying that.

Kisai ~ きさい
Jul 14, 2014, 12:58 AM
Out of curiosity, what exactly do I saw to my ISP? I have no idea how to tell them to look into this. Do I just call them and say, "Hey, I can't play this Japanese online game. Can you fix that?" What do I say, exactly?

GHNeko
Jul 14, 2014, 02:18 AM
Have you read any of the dslreports or isp posts from actual network engineers? Because those are actually pretty good proof of whats going on.

SEGA is only announcing itself to two major asian lines, and some of these ISPs happen to have a route to them. Either by association/payment or something else. Can ISPs fix it on their side? Perhaps but we have no idea how they would do that or if they even have the means to do so. The only thing clear is that SEGA isn't announcing themselves to everybody. Which is what is being stated. There is no denying that.

It's conjecture. Not proof.

It's highly likely.

Actually scratch that, if what was posted in the cox thread is true, then yeah it's actually confirmed now.

But my point was, until that post, there was no solid proof. Just likely conjecture, which never should have been toted as fact.

One thing I'm bothered about is the restoring connections. People are getting back up. We are aware it can take up to approx ~30 days before everything is, for the lack of a better word fixed.

So as such, are the people who are suddenly getting their connections back because their ISPs/backbones actually are with the asian backbones or is something else afoot?

Maybe this is something critical i missed or there is no info on it.

Sp-24
Jul 14, 2014, 03:33 AM
One thing I'm bothered about is the restoring connections. People are getting back up. We are aware it can take up to approx ~30 days before everything is, for the lack of a better word fixed.

So as such, are the people who are suddenly getting their connections back because their ISPs/backbones actually are with the asian backbones or is something else afoot?

Maybe this is something critical i missed or there is no info on it.
Speaking of people getting their connections back, I clearly remember somebody losing their connection to PSO2 after the latest maintenance. Which I doubt was an ISP's doing, but you never know with those Comcast guys.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2014, 04:17 AM
I feel some strange sense of irony here.

I feel a lot of things including irony here. :0

GHNeko
Jul 14, 2014, 11:02 AM
Speaking of people getting their connections back, I clearly remember somebody losing their connection to PSO2 after the latest maintenance. Which I doubt was an ISP's doing, but you never know with those Comcast guys.

Yeah.

I'm of the stance that Sega isnt going to do anything, and any restoring of connections aka fixing the problem will only occur within the next 2-3 weeks by companies/services that arent sega. If it doesnt happen, then we're SOL.

Sizustar
Jul 14, 2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah.

I'm of the stance that Sega isnt going to do anything, and any restoring of connections aka fixing the problem will only occur within the next 2-3 weeks by companies/services that arent sega. If it doesnt happen, then we're SOL.

Well, I'll ask lavendy and japanese friend to ask Sakai about it if they attend the next live festa.

But probabely Meiji or Aida will ask, if they attend it.

Skyly
Jul 14, 2014, 11:20 PM
Well, I'll ask lavendy and japanese friend to ask Sakai about it if they attend the next live festa.

But probabely Meiji or Aida will ask, if they attend it.

Aida lives in JP?

TaigaUC
Jul 14, 2014, 11:28 PM
Imagine how people would react if SEGA put too much effort into letting foreigners in, though.
"You care more about them than us!" or something. Especially if it causes more issues.

For example, imagine if they allowed us to easily gain access and the game immediately gets taken down again.
SEGA would be seen as greedy or not caring about the JP players, for taking risks just to please us.
Are the majority of foreign players worth the time and money lost into a few more weeks of down time and even more disgruntled customers? Probably not.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for my ISP's engineers to get back to me.
It's taken them this long, I sure hope they're actually looking into it.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2014, 11:46 PM
All they'd have to say is they're still working on the 107 errors since it affects a portion of their player base based on support tickets.

If they get another heavy DDoS attack, they can deal with it a lot quicker than last time.

Kinaya
Jul 15, 2014, 02:16 AM

I'm aware of this.

Holy shit! What the fuck is going on here man!?

You're clearly so fucking sure of yourself and how correct you are and how what you believe is the fucking truth, that surely you have an explination as to why people are randomly getting their connections back!

Do you have inside intel from Sega?

Can you hook a brotha up?

I'd totes preciate it, brah.

sigh

Why do you even argue with him? Hes mad cuz he got banned just ignore him. Poor soul :( and its an ip ban guys, I mean I can play without any form of VPN but still 100% sure its an ip ban lel and yes im being sarcastic :D:D:D

WildarmsRE5
Jul 15, 2014, 02:28 AM
If he's the so-called leader (who apparently got nailed whilist using VPN or something) of Team Ignition. . . I've lost all respect I have for all Ignition members.

Kinaya
Jul 15, 2014, 03:20 AM
If he's the so-called leader (who apparently got nailed whilist using VPN or something) of Team Ignition. . . I've lost all respect I have for all Ignition members.

Yes he is

btw-Niji
Jul 15, 2014, 03:28 AM
I've lost all respect I have for all Ignition members.
Oh damn, we lost the respect from some no-namer who most likely plays for dress up.

Sorry man, we don't care.

Sp-24
Jul 15, 2014, 03:52 AM
Oh, good to know that considering the possibility that maybe Sega played some part in complete block of most connection to its PSO2 servers, and that maybe they have no interest in reversing it (if anything, them blocking me last week is a sign that they are pretty happy with this system) isn't called "panic" anymore. Now you are "mad" for doing that instead. Since, really, who in their right mind would even think that the problem could be somewhere at the core? We have a global ISP conspiracy to fight!

Looks like we're running a custom version of Kubler-Ross' 5 Stages of Grief here, the IP Block Edition:
[spoiler-box] Denial
Denial
Denial
Denial
PSO2 shutdown[/spoiler-box]

UnLucky
Jul 15, 2014, 04:12 AM
So it wasn't the elitist trolling that did it, but Z-0 talking down to an overly defensive sensationalist is what ruined their team for you?

Sega intentionally preventing outside connections, and publicly announcing that there is no issue, is pretty damning.

Though certain services gaining access is somewhat hopeful, it's only because they piggyback on Japanese services, so there's nothing to say that everyone will eventually get through just fine.

Shadowth117
Jul 15, 2014, 04:57 AM
Though certain services gaining access is somewhat hopeful, it's only because they piggyback on Japanese services, so there's nothing to say that everyone will eventually get through just fine.

And not to discredit you or anyone else, but well... nothing is to say that everyone won't get through eventually either. :/

I mean this crap is all well and good, but without a true confirmation there's not a whole lot to say. You people act as if anyone who thinks that there's a chance SEGA might have unintentionally have caused a block is a retard. And yet, on your end you don't honestly have damning evidence either. You have a strong correlation to a certain occurrence, but in the end you really can't say more than a guess one way or the other.

Christ people. Would you believe that ice cream sales and criminal activity have a strong correlation to each other? Because they do. It still doesn't mean that ice cream sales caused criminal activity or the other way around.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/07/ice_cream_and_crime_where_hot.html

I personally think that SEGA is blocking us intentionally. But claiming that people are stupid for not believing that is rather ignorant because in the end, we don't really have a clue. Even the company itself claims they are not doing it. I'm sorry if some of you are pissed from having your accounts banned or anything, but treating people like idiots because you're angry and want a certain explanation to be true in order to justify your rage is crap.

Rupikachu
Jul 15, 2014, 05:46 AM
http://liturgy.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/end-is-near.jpg

UnLucky
Jul 15, 2014, 06:03 AM
And not to discredit you or anyone else, but well... nothing is to say that everyone won't get through eventually either. :/
It was supposed to be more neutral than that.

Yeah, it shouldn't be impossible for other networks to get through, but there are good reasons as to why they can't at the moment.

When did Sega say they weren't blocking anyone? I recall them mentioning IP bans weren't effective against DDoS, and that they haven't exactly said anything explicit about having banned anything but a number of individual accounts, but outright denying they are the cause of the block? Pretty sure they stated the 107/630 errors were a side effect of their direct measures taken against the attacks, so that's pretty much admitting it.

And yes, there will be screams for ice cream.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2014, 07:41 AM
some no-namer who most likely plays for dress up.

hey now, don't go making the rest of us look bad

martinmeegan
Jul 15, 2014, 08:07 AM
I don't play dress up and I suck. What does that make me?

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 15, 2014, 08:11 AM
I don't play dress up and I suck. What does that make me?

a good player.
why should you care what other people think of you in a game??? :-?

martinmeegan
Jul 15, 2014, 08:13 AM
lol, I don't care chum. It was just an obvious attempt to cause a kerfuffle.......I failed.

Aine
Jul 15, 2014, 08:23 AM
Pretty sure they stated the 107/630 errors were a side effect of their direct measures taken against the attacks, so that's pretty much admitting it.
Yeah, the answer was right there from the start (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3856&page=1). "We have confirmed the error occurring in some environments as a result of the measures taken against the DDoS attack."

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2014, 08:51 AM
The biggest problem I personally have is people confirming shit that's unable to be confirmed. This includes company intent.

We have a solid explanation as to what the problem is right now, despite not being 100% concrete but extremely solid regardless; however we have nothing certain on what is being done about it.

This is where the ultimate direction of this evolution lays as well.

NexusAZ
Jul 15, 2014, 09:01 AM

To be completely honest, I don't think that's at all fair to the members of the team.... assuming you're being serious.

Aine
Jul 15, 2014, 10:11 AM
The biggest problem I personally have is people confirming shit that's unable to be confirmed. This includes company intent.

We have a solid explanation as to what the problem is right now, despite not being 100% concrete but extremely solid regardless; however we have nothing certain on what is being done about it.

This is where the ultimate direction of this evolution lays as well.

We already have official word on what SEGA is doing about it: nothing. They consider the issue resolved.

BlankM
Jul 15, 2014, 10:48 AM
To be honest whenever most go around saying things like "everything will be fine eventually" and that "you won't get banned if you use temporary VPN" no one blows up on them. Even when there's clear evidence for it. It's only when people say negative things that others get super critical of them.

What will happen in the coming months remains to be seen but when you make conjecture you generally try to look at what little evidence you already have. That is to say, we have evidence SEGA is doing something SIMILAR to a block as measures to prevent DDoS. (Or a backbone provider. Either way SEGA hasn't done anything to stop it yet or at least haven't said anything about it) They could decide to let up to a few more lines once PSO2es comes back up.(I actually suspect pso2es isn't up yet because they're working on making sure security measures work there without blocking a lot of 3/4g providers) All people are doing is ignoring this evidence and saying "YOU DON'T WORK FOR SEGA LOL SHUT UP." At best we can only make educated guesses and people are just bashing others because their "educated" guesses don't match even less educated ones.

Sp-24
Jul 15, 2014, 11:17 AM
To be honest whenever most go around saying things like "everything will be fine eventually" and that "you won't get banned if you use temporary VPN" no one blows up on them. Even when there's clear evidence for it. It's only when people say negative things that others get super critical of them.
Yeah, negative things like "It may be something other than your ISP blocking you from accessing the game to prevent the DDoS after the DDoS has already ended and at the exact same time as hundreds of other ISPs all around the world did the same thing right after PSO2 went on maintenance, and then denying doing anything like that, and even pretending to work on investigating and resolving it", "You may need a VPN to play the game, since we don't have an estimate on when will this problem get fixed, if ever" and "Sega's history of using IP blocks to deal with problems in PSO2 may mean another one coming soon".

...Unlike positive things, like the idea that Sega using their property and funds however they see fit to avoid legal trouble and unnecessary expenses confirms that they are racist. Which, as you may have noticed, has gained a lot of support among the rational thinkers on this forum. I wonder why did we only stop on racism, though. A lot of people who got blocked are women, and some are men (not in-game, though), so we have a case of sexism as well. And 100% of people who have been blocked being unable to log in without aid of things like VPNs pretty much confirms that Sega is highly ableist as well.

But, really, have you been to PSO-W lately? Like, in the last two years? A month ago, you could not even mention an IP block without somebody using an irrefutable argument that, since Sega has never ever done it before (definitely not in PSO2), they will never do it, either, and then coming to a conclusion that, since your point of view is different, you must have gone mad due to a fearmongering panic.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 15, 2014, 01:02 PM
To be completely honest, I don't think that's at all fair to the members of the team.... assuming you're being serious.actually, I'm more rather disappointed at the leader instead at the team.

IndignationSWF
Jul 15, 2014, 01:43 PM
Every community has it's bellends, ours are just more vocal about their inability to get people to care.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 15, 2014, 04:19 PM
so my friend got on again, and she has comcast... so it's not just verizon that's able to connect anymore is it?

PSchiZ
Jul 15, 2014, 04:47 PM
so my friend got on again, and she has comcast... so it's not just verizon that's able to connect anymore is it?

You must have a lucky friend

I still can't connect with Comcast

pso2love
Jul 15, 2014, 05:08 PM
It's been a while since I last posted here in psoworld...

So, whats going on? I heard there was a ddos attack on the JP servers. Are the servers still down, or are they actually now blocking people because of the attack?

ashley50
Jul 15, 2014, 05:09 PM

So, whats going on? I heard there was a ddos attack on the JP servers. Are the servers still down, or are they actually now blocking people because of the attack?

Check/read other threads.

PSchiZ
Jul 15, 2014, 05:12 PM

They have been up for 2 weeks(?), more or less

As far as I know, Verizon and TWC are the only two ISPs that aren't blocked...

Some people are using VPN, I kno some other people quit, and others are contacting their ISP...some are still waiting...

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2014, 06:41 PM
We already have official word on what SEGA is doing about it: nothing. They consider the issue resolved.

Because we both know that Sega does what it says, and says what it does.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2014, 06:46 PM
Because we both know that Sega does what it says, and says what it does.

Careful, with this logic you can say anything you want and treat it as equally justified.

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2014, 06:54 PM
I'm aware.

I'm trying to make the point that anything Sega has said I am not privy too believe, and no one else should be either. Not to say that Sega shouldn't be believe period. But just because they say something doesn't mean it's exactly what they follow through on.

I've been fooled too many times as a hardcore Sonic fan and a hardcore Sega fan.

I'll believe in Sega's intent after the 30-day mark passes. Until then, I'm skeptical about anything that comes from their mouth.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2014, 07:03 PM
I'm aware.

I'm trying to make the point that anything Sega has said I am not privy too believe, and no one else should be either. Not to say that Sega shouldn't be believe period. But just because they say something doesn't mean it's exactly what they follow through on.

I've been fooled too many times as a hardcore Sonic fan and a hardcore Sega fan.

I'll believe in Sega's intent after the 30-day mark passes. Until then, I'm skeptical about anything that comes from their mouth.

Well, granted, things any large gaming company says should be taken with a grain of salt; but in situations like this I'm inclined to buy into what's being said.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 15, 2014, 11:15 PM
maybe i should explain this in a videogame scenario
imagine your playing an RPG and theres different cities that all have different relationships with each other
now imagine your working for a city that has a low relationship with a certain city well call this city Tokyo that you have a low level relationship with

now imagine theres this forest that needs a magic branch to pass through to tokyo and magic branches are only provided to cities that have a mid level to max level relationship with tokyo

TLDR basically we haven't been provided to the new route because of the DDOS attack

GHNeko
Jul 16, 2014, 12:09 AM
Well, granted, things any large gaming company says should be taken with a grain of salt; but in situations like this I'm inclined to buy into what's being said.

Yeah this is a fair stance to take. I can see where you're coming from.

Unless anyone is like me and have what I've written in my title, then your stance is prob going to be the norm, especially around here.

LordKaiser
Jul 16, 2014, 01:07 PM

It says that the IP that din't routed us comes from Yahoo of Japan. It's SEGA's doing? or it's Yahoo JP doing a half assed job?