PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Just got blocked from PSO2 once more.

Sp-24
Jul 10, 2014, 02:54 PM
After being able to play for a little over a week, the site and servers are both inaccessible without a proxy again for me. Trace can reach Sega's doorstep, but connection times out afterwards.

Trace route for command line lovers:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/nANDmHy.png[/spoiler-box]
What's interesting is that the initial timeout on the second hop also resurfaced again, which may mean that my ISP has trouble finding a route to the server on its own, and instead follows one of the routes stored on the backup server (I assume obtained from other ISPs, or some public source), upon which my connection gets refused at the usual spot. Coincidentally, it happened at about the same time as when the precede download was supposed to go live,and way after the DDoS is over and all DDoS and connection issues got resolved.

Now, excuse me, but something tells me that this isn't an attempt to stop an ongoing DDoS attack, server being unstable after one, or Comcast being up to its tricks again. Really doubt that Sega managed to switch its IP in less than a minute and without everyone getting disconnected from the game, either (except me). Still a chance that Sega found out my race and ethnicity, though.

I haven't been keeping up with the latest news on the connection issues. What's the current most popular theory that does not involve an IP or ISP block in any way?

Searaphim
Jul 10, 2014, 03:07 PM
Actually we can safely say that we now have an answer which is no longer a "theory" as you might say because it's been confirmed by multiple network engineers. It's basically ISPs who are no longer able to route to pso2.jp not because they blocked them but because SEGA did not publish it's new route to main carriers outside of asia.

RagolianHunter
Jul 10, 2014, 03:09 PM
Which ISP do you use?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jul 10, 2014, 03:11 PM
You people need to quit pso2 already. Give it up. You'll live trust me.

Or just use a VPN. Most B20ers are already using one.

It's either that or quit. Sega wont be "fixing" this "problem" anytime soon seeing as JP players are now playing perfectly fine and the servers seem perfectly fine aswell.

Searaphim
Jul 10, 2014, 03:13 PM

It's either that or quit. Sega wont be "fixing" this "problem" anytime soon seeing as JP players are now playing perfectly fine and the servers seem perfectly fine aswell.

VPNs aren't the only way to connect though ;) Concidering it's not an IP block and just a routing problem, there are various ways to reach pso2.jp other than VPNs :P (Methods that do not involve changing your IP)

RagolianHunter
Jul 10, 2014, 03:15 PM

Wow.....smh..........wow.

You sure do know how to behave in an online community. Hell you are helpful, respectful everything. wow:-?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 10, 2014, 03:16 PM
Wow.....smh..........wow.

You sure do know how to behave in an online community. Hell you are helpful, respectful everything. wow:-?

hes not any different than the other try hard trolls here

OP: were you connecting with Comcast or another ISP?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jul 10, 2014, 03:25 PM
Looking at my post, it wasn't disrespectful and it was rather helpful seeing as I given him an actual method of connecting.

You simply can't handle the way I say things. I'm a realist, not a troll.

I always laugh when people disagree with you, you automatically call them "trolls". That seems to be the common defence for anyone who thinks differently.

In short, I kept it "real" with the TC. Nothing disrespectful about that.

milranduil
Jul 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
Looking at my post, it wasn't disrespectful and it was rather helpful seeing as I given him an actual method of connecting.

You simply can't handle the way I say things. I'm a realist, not a troll.

I always laugh when people disagree with you, you automatically call them "trolls". That seems to be the common defence for anyone who thinks differently.

In short, I kept it "real" with the TC. Nothing disrespectful about that.

There is a difference between a realist and a pessimist. You are the latter.

Friyn
Jul 10, 2014, 04:42 PM
There is a difference between a realist and a pessimist. You are the latter.

There's a difference between a realist and a delusional person living in denial. You and 95% of people here are the latter.

IndignationSWF
Jul 10, 2014, 04:53 PM
There's a difference between a realist and a delusional person living in denial. You and 95% of people here are the latter.

>Assumptions made about the entire community, when one doesn't know them.

How about we all stop being judgmental and chill out eh?

Galax
Jul 10, 2014, 05:30 PM
Why isn't there just a big "THE OFFICIAL POST OF WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" with all the theories in spoilerboxes

ArataWata
Jul 10, 2014, 05:37 PM
Why isn't there just a big "THE OFFICIAL POST OF WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" with all the theories in spoilerboxes

>Implying a majority of people here will actually take the time to read it when they lack patience for things to work out.

Galax
Jul 10, 2014, 05:47 PM
>Implying a majority of people here will actually take the time to read it when they lack patience for things to work out.

No, I'm implying we should have a thread for this crap so the others that get posted can be deleted and stop cluttering the board.

RagolianHunter
Jul 10, 2014, 06:03 PM

Because why the fukk not. People should and can speak their minds w/o rules

WTF would this world be like if we all followed anothers rules?

It's a free to type forum.....use it..kill it........enjoy it.....be urself it......

TOO MANY rules w/some of u cats....

And yes I agree .... some should do a search b/f posting...

But damn man....be cool...

Question: is it costing u anything for cats to throw up threads?

Do you have a choice? As in do you even have to click on threads you see to be worthless.

LIVE AND LET LIVE BRO.

If this shitt is stressin you log off...just saying...each of us that choose to be here can do w/e we want.

If the mods see it unfit they send a warning....

While it might seem cool to throw shitt at peeps....it might just be better to let other cats vent and get shitt off their minds...

BTW I can log and run just fine.....I just understand other peoples issues...

You see I'm a human and get it

Again man LIVE AND LET LIVE.......

UNDERSTANDING ON! (get some)

Galax
Jul 10, 2014, 06:11 PM
*snip*

One at a time...

-Why the fuck not: Well that's what I'm asking. There isn't one, you see.

-What would it be if we followed another's rules: Order. Structure. You aren't seriously advocating we break rules because we should live by our own?

As to the rest...honestly, you assume I'm annoyed or stressed by this, which I'm not. I'm asking why we don't have such a thread, since it would help compact everything in to one, easy-to-find space, as well as give us a shot at lowering the clutter of the front page.

Sanguine2009
Jul 10, 2014, 06:44 PM
has this happened to anyone other than TC? i dont doubt it happened but im curious as to how widespread it is

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2014, 07:11 PM
Holyshit that chain reaction LMFAO.

Literally a line of people talking shit. Are people really this broken up over this game?

The Walrus
Jul 10, 2014, 07:13 PM
It's PSOW so yeah

Galax
Jul 10, 2014, 07:28 PM
I'm also wondering why people are still surprised at this kind of reaction.

Look at the site name. Think of the tagline "The world's largest Phantasy Star community". This includes the super attached and the super hardcore.

"It's PSOW" adequately explains this, yet only if you bother to think in those terms. PSO World. The largest collection of Phantasy Star fans on one site[allegedly, anyway]. Yeah, people get this broken up over games, and you're gonna see some expressing that over PSO2 because you're on a site specifically dedicated to PS.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2014, 07:33 PM
I'm also wondering why people are still surprised at this kind of reaction.

Look at the site name. Think of the tagline "The world's largest Phantasy Star community". This includes the super attached and the super hardcore.

"It's PSOW" adequately explains this, yet only if you bother to think in those terms. PSO World. The largest collection of Phantasy Star fans on one site[allegedly, anyway]. Yeah, people get this broken up over games, and you're gonna see some expressing that over PSO2 because you're on a site specifically dedicated to PS.

And it's still goin'...

Galax
Jul 10, 2014, 09:02 PM
And it's still goin'...

I can connect just fine; The English Patches blackscreen me, but I can play.

I'm not sure why you're including me in the broken group, as y'know...I'm just using the forum.

Kondibon
Jul 10, 2014, 09:04 PM

I'm not sure why you're including me in the broken group, as y'know...I'm just using the forum.Are you using the story patch? The english patch and large files are working fine for me. ._.

Galax
Jul 10, 2014, 11:13 PM
Are you using the story patch? The english patch and large files are working fine for me. ._.

Mm, no. I downloaded the latest Eng and Large, installed them through tweaker, and was met with a black screen. I'll try them one at a time tomorrow.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2014, 11:48 PM

I'm not sure why you're including me in the broken group, as y'know...I'm just using the forum.

What I'm getting at is... Yeah-nah, it's still totally okay for people to think "wow you guys have lost your minds."

"no shit it's a PSO site" doesn't change anything or make it any wrong to be surprised at how much further people are aging backwards.

Especially when it's already been 3 weeks and the game IS playable in multiple ways that take almost no effort. So that time people spent losing their shit could've been spent playing. Like you yourself already added being able to do.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2014, 11:48 PM
I'll say it again, it can take weeks and even months for damage from a DDoS to be completely fixed, everyone have patience please+^_^+

Mystil
Jul 10, 2014, 11:52 PM
Well to back that statement up, it took SE about..6 months to stop DDoS attacks sometime in 2007 because RMT got tired of them cracking down on RMT activities. The DDoS were really nasty too, FPS was something like 2 LOL. SE made a lot of enemies during FFXI days..

MegaRocker1987
Jul 11, 2014, 12:28 AM

lol what he said xD it would be more fuckin blunt if someone did do that xD

Galax
Jul 11, 2014, 01:01 AM
What I'm getting at is... Yeah-nah, it's still totally okay for people to think "wow you guys have lost your minds."

"no shit it's a PSO site" doesn't change anything or make it any wrong to be surprised at how much further people are aging backwards.

Especially when it's already been 3 weeks and the game IS playable in multiple ways that take almost no effort. So that time people spent losing their shit could've been spent playing. Like you yourself already added being able to do.

Well, no shit. You're gonna get the crazy impatient people, too. They're members of the fanbase.

Explanation in the spoiler, read it if you want; But I don't intend to argue with you. Just want to explain myself.

[spoiler-box]Your reaction is as surprising to me as their reaction seems to be to you. It seems out of place. I've been kicked from too many S2 runs on PSU to be terribly surprised at impatience. I wasn't good enough for them, because I balanced my offense with my support; So I got removed from runs regularly because I wasn't a speedrunner.

Those same types of people are the ones here, now. The same ones that wouldn't take an extra ten to fifteen seconds to let me cast Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier, and would prefer to take five to free up a party slot.[/spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
Jul 11, 2014, 01:11 AM
Well, no shit. You're gonna get the crazy impatient people, too. They're members of the fanbase.

Explanation in the spoiler, read it if you want; But I don't intend to argue with you. Just want to explain myself.

[spoiler-box]Your reaction is as surprising to me as their reaction seems to be to you. It seems out of place. I've been kicked from too many S2 runs on PSU to be terribly surprised at impatience. I wasn't good enough for them, because I balanced my offense with my support; So I got removed from runs regularly because I wasn't a speedrunner.

Those same types of people are the ones here, now. The same ones that wouldn't take an extra ten to fifteen seconds to let me cast Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier, and would prefer to take five to free up a party slot.[/spoiler-box]

If phantasy star fans being psycho got old I wouldn't have all these posts. <_>

LordKaiser
Jul 11, 2014, 01:18 AM
All explained here:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220659

Galax
Jul 11, 2014, 10:47 AM
If phantasy star fans being psycho got old I wouldn't have all these posts. <_>

That's exactly why I'm surprised. How could it not be old by now?

Pugas87
Jul 11, 2014, 11:03 AM
Actually we can safely say that we now have an answer which is no longer a "theory" as you might say because it's been confirmed by multiple network engineers. It's basically ISPs who are no longer able to route to pso2.jp not because they blocked them but because SEGA did not publish it's new route to main carriers outside of asia.

I'm no network expert, but if this is true, why can't someone just tracert or whatever the route from a JP ISP and upload it to the internet for all to see? Everyone else follow that route.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 11, 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm no network expert, but if this is true, why can't someone just tracert or whatever the route from a JP ISP and upload it to the internet for all to see? Everyone else follow that route.

There's probably some law in place making that illegal. At least for companies to trace to it without Sega 'officially' releasing it.

IndignationSWF
Jul 11, 2014, 11:23 AM
There's probably some law in place making that illegal. At least for companies to trace to it without Sega 'officially' releasing it.

To be fair, that's never stopped anyone.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 11, 2014, 11:30 AM
To be fair, that's never stopped anyone.

I'm aware. But, from what I've seen many people want a solution that will allow them to connect without a VPN, tunneler, or what have you. That would be the companies tracing through the new IP. Buuuuuuut, say they do that, illegally. Sega could, if there really is such a law in place, potentially draw legal action. It's not like the ISPs would risk that just for a few hundred[?] odd people.

Either way, it's a purely hypothetical situation. *shrugs*

Galax
Jul 11, 2014, 11:32 AM
Well, interesting development; I can get on just fine if I don't use the English Patches. Eng Patch alone doesn't blackscreen me, but all ships were "offline". I uninstalled it via Tweaker and what do you know, all the ships were back up!

SakoHaruo
Jul 11, 2014, 11:47 AM
via Tweaker

There's your problem. Stop using that busted shit.

Meyfei
Jul 11, 2014, 11:50 AM
Well, interesting development; I can get on just fine if I don't use the English Patches. Eng Patch alone doesn't blackscreen me, but all ships were "offline". I uninstalled it via Tweaker and what do you know, all the ships were back up!

So i go RAW jp, i get on? NO vpn? Well.... I guess I could suffer.

The only thing that "Busted Shit" did for me was give my dreams life <3

Galax
Jul 11, 2014, 11:53 AM

Tweaker isn't the problem, since I get on the game just fine, have access to an easy installation and UNinstallation of English, Large Files, Story, and Item Patches, have quick knowledge of which ones are compatible that is rarely wrong, and knowledge of if the servers are up that is rarely wrong.

As of yet I don't know what the issue is, but I can play just fine provided I don't use patches. While launching from Tweaker. This suggests that either SEGA learned to detect patch use, or there's something incompatible between patches and the current update[s].

SakoHaruo
Jul 11, 2014, 11:59 AM
I guarantee you that if you launch the game normally with the English patch installed correctly the game will boot up just fine. Trust me. o3o

Meyfei
Jul 11, 2014, 12:19 PM
Tweaker isn't the problem, since I get on the game just fine, have access to an easy installation and UNinstallation of English, Large Files, Story, and Item Patches, have quick knowledge of which ones are compatible that is rarely wrong, and knowledge of if the servers are up that is rarely wrong.

As of yet I don't know what the issue is, but I can play just fine provided I don't use patches. While launching from Tweaker. This suggests that either SEGA learned to detect patch use, or there's something incompatible between patches and the current update[s].

does that include not removing the censor? or can it be removed?

GHNeko
Jul 11, 2014, 12:24 PM
I guarantee you that if you launch the game normally with the English patch installed correctly the game will boot up just fine. Trust me. o3o

Yeah I'm running PSO2 with all English / Story / Item patches no problem.

Meyfei
Jul 11, 2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah removing my patches didnt work, lucky me lol