PDA

View Full Version : [Help] How to raise a good Mag?

Brizone
Jul 11, 2014, 12:30 PM
Hello guys..
[First time posting here]

So, i've read so many guides about Mag and how to feed it, however, none of them (unfortunately) very friendly with newbies, and so here comes the question..

My Mag is at lv 14 with these following stats..
S-ATK... lv 0
R-ATK... lv 4
T-ATK... lv 0
DEX... lv 7
S-DEF... lv 2
R-DEF...lv 1
T-DEF...lv 1

I want to build a good range-Mag that's versatile enough (my class is ranger)
however i don't want a pure R-ATK Mag, so i decided that i'll go the Antila>Corvus path.

The thing is, i confused, on how to build such Mag. They said that for every 5 levels a Mag updates its form based on the stats. Thus, for example, when i get to lvl 30 with, say, lv 13 R-ATK and lv 15 DEX, i'll get that Antila form, but when i start to maximize the R-ATK stat, at lv 35 it would change into a Fornax, right?

So how on Earth do i get to lv 100 and obtain the Corvus form? whilst keeping the Ability stat to a bare minimum (not more than lv 30) since i know that a Mag with too much full ability(DEX) stat is supposedly useless..

Also, for the last question, what is a good build for a Corvus (stat-wise)? I'm planning to have a little defense (S, R, T-DEF up to 5 levels) since i can't completely evade all hits..

Many thanks in advance.. :D

WildarmsRE5
Jul 11, 2014, 12:49 PM
you don't have to build a Pure R-ATK Mag, maybe 25 - 30 DEX MAG and the rest is R-ATK is normal.

Photon Blasts can be changed at later gaming, thus choosing a MAG for its Photon Blast would be a waste of MAG stats.

MAG appearance can also be changed at lvl 100 by using a MAG device.

and yes, PBs (Photon Blasts) are obtainable at lvl 30 MAG.

also, DO NOT PUT DEF stats, 50 lvls will not do jack shit to your survivability. much less 5 def isn't noticable at all.

apparently, this game is about NOT getting hit. so yeah, utilize the Dive Roll I-Frames (while you're still at early levels) to get around stages and bosses.

Brizone
Jul 11, 2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the fast reply :D

I see, so i can't use PBs until lv 30.. mkay
well damn, then i put 3 lvls of S, R, T-DEF stat then, i have a bad habit of finishing what i started..

Anyway, how do i obtain a Mag device?

And lastly, how to get Corvus at lvl 100? Past lv 100 i know that the Mag still can change form, but i want to know how to stay on Antila form until lv 95 and then change to Corvus at lv 100..

WildarmsRE5
Jul 11, 2014, 01:24 PM
can you tell me why you want a certain MAG form just to elaborate?

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2014, 01:41 PM
It's effed, get a new one.

Rangers don't need any extra Dex to equip anything in the game. And outside of equipment requirements, Dex in no way shape or form improves your damage whatsoever so long as you have a rare weapon.

But to answer your question, all you have to do is skip the evolution check. So once your Antila reaches lv34, feed it such that it levels up TWO stats at once, jumping straight to 36. Since it was never actually 35, it won't try to evolve.

Keep doing that until lv100 (as in, skip lv95, but do NOT skip lv100 since you want it to evolve). Whatever stat is highest will determine which form your Antila (as it should still be) will evolve into.

Takatsuki
Jul 11, 2014, 01:56 PM
Go pure R-ATK or go home. Your mag is too low level to be truly ruined at this point but ONLY put in R-ATK from now on. Reduce DEX too. Do not EVER put DEF into your Mag!

Brizone
Jul 11, 2014, 01:56 PM
Uh, because i want to be Warrior class soon after my Ranger have reached lv 40 or so

I don't want to stuck with low-tier swords that's why dex is kinda important..

*EDIT* assume my Mag is, just as you say, broken, how to destroy it and replace it with a new one?

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2014, 02:02 PM
You have to spend real cash money to get a new mag or reset one. That, or delete your character entirely and make a new one.

It's salvageable, since 10 stat points is only a small loss. Depends on how much you care about the time it took to level to where you are now.

But using a Ranged+Dex mag (or pure Dex for that matter) on a melee class would be almost a complete loss.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 11, 2014, 02:03 PM
buy AC lol.

I only put 25 DEX into the MAG cause I'm too lazy and impatient to get it to lvl cap lol.

Brizone
Jul 11, 2014, 02:12 PM
;_;

ok..

*EDIT* I've just checked the AC Shop and find it strange, why the price of the Mag reset device is more expensive than Mag ticket? isn't it better to start everything new when the more expensive one (reset device) also does the same WITHOUT the extra slot?

Brizone
Jul 11, 2014, 02:24 PM
buy AC lol.

I only put 25 DEX into the MAG cause I'm too lazy and impatient to get it to lvl cap lol.

So that means you've lost 25 worth of levels? dang i'm lucky to be me i guess.. :-D

Sizustar
Jul 11, 2014, 02:26 PM
;_;

ok..

*EDIT* I've just checked the AC Shop and find it strange, why the price of the Mag reset device is more expensive than Mag ticket? isn't it better to start everything new when the more expensive one (reset device) also does the same WITHOUT the extra slot?

It's better to have more mag, then reset, same as new skill tree, then reset.

UnLucky
Jul 11, 2014, 02:30 PM
There's a maximum amount of mags or skill trees you can have. After that, you have no choice but to pay more to reset one that you already have.

That, or you've spent money on other things for your mag and they'll be retained after a reset. Maybe? I wouldn't know.

Brizone
Jul 11, 2014, 02:32 PM
It's better to have more mag, then reset, same as new skill tree, then reset.

Wait, Mag ticket means more Mag right (1 old + 1 new)? So what's the point of having Mag reset if you could get a new slot with new Mag (whilst still keeping the old slot with old Mag), rather than old, used slot with new Mag?

*EDIT*

There's a maximum amount of mags or skill trees you can have. After that, you have no choice but to pay more to reset one that you already have.

That, or you've spent money on other things for your mag and they'll be retained after a reset. Maybe? I wouldn't know.

Well, if the 'Mag reset' only resets the stat on the Mag, but still keeping the progression (i can retrain it again) then it will be worth it..
..but why you said it like you're unsure :\

Sizustar
Jul 11, 2014, 02:44 PM
Wait, Mag ticket means more Mag right (1 old + 1 new)? So what's the point of having Mag reset if you could get a new slot with new Mag (whilst still keeping the old slot with old Mag), rather than old, used slot with new Mag?

*EDIT*

Well, if the 'Mag reset' only resets the stat on the Mag, but still keeping the progression (i can retrain it again) then it will be worth it..
..but why you said it like you're unsure :\

There is a max number of Mag and Skill tree you can have, you only use the reset, after you reach the quota.
Mag reset, reset it to it's infant stage, so lv.0.
That means you have to raise it from scratch again.

Shiyo
Jul 11, 2014, 02:47 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198250

Great guide for all your mag needs, do take note you can teach mags any PB now at the excube shop.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 11, 2014, 03:06 PM
25 R-ATK isn't much of a loss either, I can pretty much equip all weapons (including the weapons I will never get, mainly yasminkov 7k) without problems.