PDA

View Full Version : Telus Subscribers (Canada)

WTFastUser/AC Buyer
Jul 11, 2014, 06:14 PM
Wondering if there are Telus (Canada) Subscribers here who have contacted our ISP regarding the DNS Issue. If not, then I'll go ahead and do it for us. However, I need to know what I should tell them exactly before I call or shoot them an e-mail. Thanks in advance.

Yamishi
Jul 11, 2014, 06:32 PM
I haven't contacted them, as I'm with Rogers, but here's what you need to do:

Call them up.

Tell them you can't play an online game.

Give them the IP address of the server -- 210.189.209.16 -- and tell them that its website is pso2.jp. You can't connect to either, though most people can.

-- INSIST THAT OTHER PEOPLE ON OTHER ISPS CAN CONNECT --

This is the important part. A lot of level one tech support guys will tell you that it's Japan-only, that no one outside Japan can connect to it, that it's a region lock, et cetera, but we know that this is not true, as Verizon, Time Warner Cable, et cetera, can all connect and play without problems. You can tell them our current theory -- that it's a backbone provider -- but since we don't know that for a fact, it may just confuse the tech.

Offer your tracert (which I'm assuming you already did or can do) by going to command prompt and typing:

tracert pso2.jp

Once you give them your results, they will likely ask for a successful tracert from another player, which you can find here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220665). If they don't ask for it, remind them at some point that you have the results of someone who can connect from outside Japan.

Don't be afraid to ask for escalation for a higher level of tech support if they give you the runaround. Tell them you've already restarted your router and computer, and flicked your light switch on and off four times.

WTFastUser/AC Buyer
Jul 11, 2014, 06:53 PM
Looks great. I'll do that. I urge other telus subscribers to call up our ISP though. The more of us requesting for this issue to be fixed, the more telus will take this seriously and actually do something about it.

Yamishi
Jul 12, 2014, 11:39 AM
I just wanted to post a follow-up to let you know I got the IP address of Ship 02 wrong. It's 210.189.209.16. My bad.