PDA

View Full Version : Chances of getting banned using a paid vpn?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 10:24 AM
Im using vypr vpn atm and the connection is great but i would like to know what my chances are of getting banned are granted i log in with it everyday and i haven't had to do a single authentication email yet :) btw for vypr i use a pro account with the chameleon technology :).

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2014, 11:06 AM
It depends on two factor.

1. Do you switch IP often(If you do, Sega might lock it as precaution, against accoun stealing
2. Is the IP shared with multiple account?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 11:13 AM
It depends on two factor.

1. Do you switch IP often(If you do, Sega might lock it as precaution, against accoun stealing
2. Is the IP shared with multiple account?

it does change somewhat the ip is usually the same if it changes its usually just the last four digit of the ip address i just checked it in game and 2 no i dont use multiple accounts only the one and 3 i use the chameleon encryption protcol which is 256bit encryption ssl.

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2014, 11:19 AM
it does change somewhat the ip is always the same most of the time if it changes its usually just the last four digit of the ip address i just checked it in game and 2 no i dont use multiple accounts only the one and 3 i use the chameleon encryption protcol which is 256bit encryption ssl.

Generally, if you don't get a confirmation letter, you should be fine.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 11:20 AM
Generally, if you don't get a confirmation letter, you should be fine.

not at all i have only had to do a confirmation email once when i first used the vpn other than that its been great havent had a single confirmation email to do yet :)

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 12:00 PM
i wanna be safe anyway but i might just get strong vpn instead its the same price as vypr and it has static ip addresses :)

http://strongvpn.com/

Chik'Tikka
Jul 12, 2014, 10:54 PM
I'd say add very low and never to the poll+^_^+ depending on the paid VPN it would be low to very low depending on whether you can get a static IP, only reason you'd get banned from a free one is if RMTs and bots (or other malicious users) used the same shared address, even if you don't get the authentication e-mails+^_^+ if you switch from what you had before to a paid one that has a static address that's all yours *and* you didn't get the authentication e-mail at all, then chance of ban imo would be near zero+^_^+ or whatever your chances were before the DDoS considering your still breaking ToS and whatnot+^_^+

MegaRocker1987
Jul 12, 2014, 11:42 PM
I'd say add very low and never to the poll+^_^+ depending on the paid VPN it would be low to very low depending on whether you can get a static IP, only reason you'd get banned from a free one is if RMTs and bots (or other malicious users) used the same shared address, even if you don't get the authentication e-mails+^_^+ if you switch from what you had before to a paid one that has a static address that's all yours *and* you didn't get the authentication e-mail at all, then chance of ban imo would be near zero+^_^+ or whatever your chances were before the DDoS considering your still breaking ToS and whatnot+^_^+

the ip is dynamic but the only thing that really changes are the last four digits of the ip so its hardly noticeable at all and ive only had to do the email verification once and that was only after i first used my new vpn

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2014, 01:56 AM
the ip is dynamic but the only thing that really changes are the last four digits of the ip so its hardly noticeable at all and ive only had to do the email verification once and that was only after i first used my new vpn

just so you know, computers don't care, a different number is a different number, but so as long as you don't get authentication e-mails and your IP doesn't change more then 5 times in a week you should be fine as the auto ban thing is tuned to ignore some IP changes, like net cafe log ins, dorm rooms, libraries, cafes, wherever else you might haul laptops to+^_^+

MegaRocker1987
Jul 13, 2014, 08:57 AM
just so you know, computers don't care, a different number is a different number, but so as long as you don't get authentication e-mails and your IP doesn't change more then 5 times in a week you should be fine as the auto ban thing is tuned to ignore some IP changes, like net cafe log ins, dorm rooms, libraries, cafes, wherever else you might haul laptops to+^_^+

my ip changes more than 5 times but ive still yet to get an authentication email or have any problems but im still gonna get strong vpn so i can get a static ip just to be safer than i am now xD

MegaRocker1987
Jul 14, 2014, 10:29 AM
*bump* Actually i decided to forget about strong vpn and found something better my ip doesnt change at all whenever i log in so far and when i first used it i dint need to authenticate once xD im assuming the program im using is more along the grounds of a proxy or GPN Gamers Private Network :P so can anyone tell me as long as my ip doesnt change and i dont need to re authenticate am i safe? thanks

Rehal
Jul 14, 2014, 10:32 AM
*bump* Actually i decided to forget about strong vpn and found something better my ip doesnt change at all whenever i log in so far and when i first used it i dint need to authenticate once xD im assuming the program im using is more along the grounds of a proxy or GPN Gamers Private Network :P so can anyone tell me as long as my ip doesnt change and i dont need to re authenticate am i safe? thanks

PingZapper? WTFast?

MegaRocker1987
Jul 14, 2014, 10:34 AM
PingZapper? WTFast?

wtfast and so far ive logged in multiple times with it including the first time connecting with it and ive havent authenticated yet nor has my ip changed on multiple logins prior to resetting wtfast and reconnecting and all that so im hoping for the best and i found my way back into the game hopefully plus wtfast is cheap after the 30 day trial is over :)

Rehal
Jul 14, 2014, 10:38 AM
wtfast and so far ive logged in multiple times with it including the first time connecting with it and ive havent authenticated yet nor has my ip changed on multiple logins prior to resetting wtfast and reconnecting and all that :)

Weird, my IP as seen in PSO2 login history changed when I try to use it.

MegaRocker1987
Jul 14, 2014, 10:40 AM
Weird, my IP as seen in PSO2 login history changed when I try to use it.

what i meant to say the ip they give you doesnt change (so far anyway) xD sorry about the cofusion

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2014, 11:51 PM
WTFast uses a shared IP tho, you'll have to hope other WTFast users using the same server don't get SEGAC's attention in a negative way+^_^+
which brings me to my question... what server are you using?+^_^+