PDA

View Full Version : This is what rogers level 2 told me

snowspear123
Jul 12, 2014, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone, this is up to you whether or not this is credible since I pretty much just made the account now...

After requesting to speak to a level 2 support from rogers, and asking them to remove pso2.jp from the blacklist on the backbone.( the ip 210.189.209.8 ) They told me that they can't because it wasn't them that blocked it.

Now my memory is pretty eccentric, as such I will explain in broken English or gibberish...

They told me in response after giving them my tracert which ended at..
3 21 ms 19 ms 19 ms ============= [209.148.241.109]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.

and then letting them try their tracert..

That 210.189.209.8 was block on somewhere in the US... (A quick google search of the IP on the tracert said it was rogers though??)

They mentioned how they were unable to connect to this IP without having to go through some kind of tunnel/VPN of their own. They mentioned something about the DNS server blacklist(but this is via IP??), something about how it is still being labeled as DDOSed and how it will take up to 30 days for any of that to be removed/updated.

Yes I mentioned how some ISPs in USA was able to connect, yes i mentioned how none of Canada except maybe video tron was able to connect.

Does this help for anything? Probably not, but at least if you say you want a level 2 person to look at your issue Rogers seem to allow it. PROVIDED you tell them the reason and submitted a ticket.(which i did but didn't mention in this post)
If you want to help me joggle my memory ask something and I might just remember XD.

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 12, 2014, 07:02 PM
This is good info thanks for sharing.

Its good news if the block/blacklist will be removed in 30days + so there is still hope...^^

snowspear123
Jul 12, 2014, 07:15 PM
woops i should probably say could take up to 30 days... as in depends on whoever is blocking this, has to lift it.. i never mention that the person i spoke to will make the effort to contact x company to unblock it. All we can do is hope..
Now if someone can find out which backbone provider/dns server is doing this blocking at least some people can contact them to make it quicker..

Yamishi
Jul 12, 2014, 07:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Rogers uses the same backbone as AT&T. Since I believe AT&T users are still blocked, then it would make sense that Rogers is, too. :/

snowspear123
Jul 12, 2014, 07:57 PM
now the question is... is someone blocking AT&T

Chik'Tikka
Jul 12, 2014, 10:13 PM
keep in mind such b-lists get removed 30 days *after* the attack ends+^_^+ so that's like the 25th+^_^+ also, servers that get b-listed may get a negative rating and may continue to be b-listed until it's global rating improves (or pesky customers keep calling about it)+^_^+

Shiyo
Jul 12, 2014, 10:45 PM
keep in mind such b-lists get removed 30 days *after* the attack ends+^_^+ so that's like the 25th+^_^+ also, servers that get b-listed may get a negative rating and may continue to be b-listed until it's global rating improves (or pesky customers keep calling about it)+^_^+

+^_^+

snowspear123
Jul 12, 2014, 10:46 PM
Then we have to hope that AT&T for my case to drop the b-list MAYBE... -cry-