PDA

View Full Version : $17,000 ballpit festival

Sayara
Jul 13, 2014, 12:07 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/800d5eb1d5b829b2943d3ee237ec1fc3/tumblr_n8m8n4T7dE1qlhpc5o1_1280.jpg

This is why we need femin- no wait
This is why its ok to hate ci- no wait a mimute.
This is why 4chan is my god and sa- no nono.

Look I just came here to play with some balls and honestly im feeling attacked right now.

(This convention is a hillarious disaster)

Nitro Vordex
Jul 13, 2014, 01:29 AM
I got depressed just looking at that picture.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 14, 2014, 01:02 AM
Normally I'd be like "ZOMG BOUNCE HOUSE"

...But it seems I will be making an exception here.

Uncle_bob
Jul 14, 2014, 04:37 AM
ahahaha fucking bronies

EvilMag
Jul 14, 2014, 01:27 PM
So THIS is what the Shadow Realm looks like.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2014, 01:29 PM
what in the actual f am i looking at

Gardios
Jul 14, 2014, 01:46 PM
So, uh, care to enlighten us what DashCon is (supposed to be)?

ShinMaruku
Jul 14, 2014, 01:54 PM
Tumblr convention. It has failed because firs tit's a first convention, second they asked for $17k for 'hotel fees' that went into organizers pockets. People got leery and most did not come, even the guests who are supposed to bring in fans never came and we get this Piers of a convention.

Meyfei
Jul 14, 2014, 09:24 PM
ahahaha fucking bronies

IKR Maaaan. Serves them riight!

Oh! shit, brb new MLP episode is airing! BBL

Gardios
Jul 14, 2014, 09:54 PM
Tumblr convention. It has failed because firs tit's a first convention, second they asked for $17k for 'hotel fees' that went into organizers pockets. People got leery and most did not come, even the guests who are supposed to bring in fans never came and we get this Piers of a convention.

Holy shit. What a shame, I imagine a Tumblr convention could've been quiet successful if done properly...

Outrider
Jul 15, 2014, 12:01 AM
I was reading about this over the weekend and it sounds like the biggest mess and I can't stop reading about it.

Like Shin said, it's a failed convention and the organizers mighta sorta possibly bilked their fans out of $17k but it's so much more than that.

Apparently they didn't even book some of the guests they claimed they'd have, and the ones that did show up found out that they weren't going to have their expenses paid as promised. Turns out some of the weird consolation stuff they were trying to do to appease the people who attended might actually be opening them up for lawsuits.

I honestly can't tell if the people who were running it are malicious or incompetent or just completely overwhelmed. Maybe a mixture of the three?

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2014, 07:35 AM
It sounds like a mixture of the three. They maliciously wanted to steal a little bit out of the pot, were too incompetent to know how much was too much to take, and were completely overwhelmed when they realized they fucked up.

Now the real question: Why not just put the money they stole back in to try to patch it up?

Surely they didn't already spend all of it...

But yeah I feel like this is for the best. Give it a couple mediocre years and the damages could've been a whole lot worse than $17k.

ShinMaruku
Jul 15, 2014, 11:04 AM
It's all three. You can't just fuck people over with $17,000 and not know how to cover it up. The first two combined with the third one made it a disaster. But really tumblr is not quite a community, and when you fuck up on this blog like thing, news will spread like fire and it becomes much worse.

And the story behind the ballpit (Which is actually a inflatable pool half full with balls ) is they were planning to charge for extended stays in the ball pit, the consolidation is "Oh it's free now mates" This thing is BAD.

mctastee
Jul 15, 2014, 09:56 PM
I heard someone actually peed in the ball pit.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2014, 10:24 PM
I heard someone actually peed in the ball pit.

i mean it's tumblr so that's just a given

Gardios
Jul 15, 2014, 10:57 PM
Well, it is a ball pit. If someone had to pee in it, it just means it wasn't gross enough yet.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 16, 2014, 03:26 PM
Now the real question: Why not just put the money they stole back in to try to patch it up?

They used it all on more ball pits.

Sayara
Jul 16, 2014, 05:08 PM
It sounds like a mixture of the three. They maliciously wanted to steal a little bit out of the pot, were too incompetent to know how much was too much to take, and were completely overwhelmed when they realized they fucked up.

But yeah I feel like this is for the best. Give it a couple mediocre years and the damages could've been a whole lot worse than $17k.

This is under the basis of they know what they are doing.
And clearly it wasn't.

W0LB0T
Jul 17, 2014, 12:22 PM
The whole convention sounds a lot like the bad ending of Wanes World 2.

Vintasticvin
Jul 17, 2014, 01:19 PM
Bronies... Hilariously terriblr things happen to them alot.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2014, 03:25 PM
I bet it smelled like lunchables and nutella and cheap pizza.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 18, 2014, 05:00 AM
what in the actual f am i looking at
cute hawaii kicks threads

IRL

"I'm richer than you!~"

For 15 minutes.

and then NIKE says no. No more dunks for Hawaii. Have :spam: instead.

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2014, 08:15 AM
I bet it smelled like lunchables and nutella and cheap pizza.

this is eerily descriptive of how i imagine tumblr in general

shagia
Jul 18, 2014, 01:50 PM
meet me in the pit bitch, i dare you, you won't

no but that event was a complete mess. everything about it, good lord

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2014, 04:58 PM

IRL

"I'm richer than you!~"

For 15 minutes.

So, does anyone ever know what this guy is saying?

shagia
Jul 18, 2014, 09:36 PM
So, does anyone ever know what this guy is saying?
Yeah, what he said was:

IRL

"I'm richer than you!~"

For 15 minutes.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2014, 12:07 AM
That wasn't even clever.

Not even a little bit.

Like, damn.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2014, 02:17 AM
I liked it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 19, 2014, 02:43 AM
He's basically saying pointing out the recent threads of FKL in a nutshell in a condescending mannor. Since that's what Giga-kun asked.

Notice how it doesn't make sense but he simultaneous messes up thread titles on purpose to show his cool lack of respect for them, and other random things bored people post here mostly being spam.

Sayara
Jul 19, 2014, 10:38 AM
for 89 easy payments of 17000$ you too can learn the language of Hayabusa FMW.

shagia
Jul 19, 2014, 11:47 AM
That wasn't even clever.

Not even a little bit.

Like, damn.

Start peeing in public ballpits, THEN you can tell me what's clever and what's not. http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

darkante
Jul 19, 2014, 03:12 PM

IRL

"I'm richer than you!~"

For 15 minutes.

Let´s see what it says in my language.

-
"Söta hawaii kickar trådar

I Riktiga Livet

"Jag är rikare än dig!~"

För 15 minuter.

och sen säger NIKE nej. Inga mera dunkar för Hawaii. Ha lite spam istället.
-

No, it makes no sense in my language either.
I might read it wrong though. =O

Blitzkommando
Jul 21, 2014, 04:53 AM
Let´s see what it says in my language.

-
"Söta hawaii kickar trådar

I Riktiga Livet

"Jag är rikare än dig!~"

För 15 minuter.

och sen säger NIKE nej. Inga mera dunkar för Hawaii. Ha lite spam istället.
-

No, it makes no sense in my language either.
I might read it wrong though. =O

Nej, det är rätt. Jag är Amerikanska och jag känner inte när Hayabusa prata. I alla språk Hayabusa är obegriplig. Jag hoppas jag är tydlig. Jag studerade svenska två år sedan och jag glömde mycket.

darkante
Jul 21, 2014, 06:56 AM
You´re speaking Swedish fine and yeah i kinda figured it wouldn´t make sense.

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2014, 07:15 AM
Nej, det är rätt. Jag är Amerikanska och jag känner inte när Hayabusa prata. I alla språk Hayabusa är obegriplig. Jag hoppas jag är tydlig. Jag studerade svenska två år sedan och jag glömde mycket.

god, such a hot language

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2014, 10:29 AM
god, such a hot language
Seriously, this. Love.

darkante
Jul 21, 2014, 10:39 AM
I do like my national language, but speaking the English/American language is pretty fun as well so i have a habit of using a mix of both languages for conversation fun.

Sayara
Jul 21, 2014, 11:12 AM
بتطل بتلوح و القلب مجروح
و أيام عالبال بتعن و تروح

ShinMaruku
Jul 21, 2014, 01:01 PM
I do like my national language, but speaking the English/American language is pretty fun as well so i have a habit of using a mix of both languages for conversation fun.

Helps that both are related.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2014, 02:52 PM
So instead of making an on topic post, not even 1

that virgin crybaby guy flamebaits the same thing he said before, when he can't explain one thing why he has problems, which aren't about other people's posts, but in general why he has emo problems he needs to express everywhere on other people why anybody cares why he's a weirdo.

mods. :cheese:

Report: "This guy is an asshole/bitch"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2014, 03:01 PM
He's basically saying pointing out the recent threads of FKL in a nutshell in a condescending mannor. Since that's what Giga-kun asked.

Notice how it doesn't make sense but he simultaneous messes up thread titles on purpose to show his cool lack of respect for them, and other random things bored people post here mostly being spam.
Notice how that was for fun by him, not a legit question. Didn't really need a real answer because the real answer isn't as fun and was already said so there's room to talk about other stuff however you want to, remember what forum you're in. Tell me I can't post jokes and tell me what to post, and then think about what you just said. Parody thread titles, lack of respect for... them? I think you need to explain a lot more after that. "Giga kun," come on son. You are not Japanese. They don't even do that and that's not his name. He can make a fun post open ended, but I can't, what quote him? Is that what you're mad about.

You are trying to figure out a for fun answer to a for fun barely a question. And only negative, going in expecting it to be bad. You can find whatever you want when you make stuff up and have already made up your mind.[/spoiler-box] You got all of that out of 25~27 words if you take IRL as a whole? I never knew about your sleuthing abilities. Good to know. Didn't need the judgment thing though.

Notice how you did not correctly discern the joke. Joke was for whoever liked it. Negative stuff you are putting there, is not there. Why'd you do that? Peer pressure?

The 'high kicks club' is easily seen how its the same group of "friends" who don't participate in other threads and are spamming FKL about things nobody care about, in their own forums. PSO meseta gold farming. Someone who managed to swindle $17 k is the same thing. Those people are richer than you! They put down other people: friends and non-friends alike instead of having good times with them, using that money for the betterment of all. All in the name of the worst part of PSU where that kinda started with shops and gear prices set by the market. Meseta was more important than making friends and playing the game with them. In the end wouldn't you rather have friends than fake money?

I don't even know if its even friends. The same guy makes all the threads, nobody makes one for him! He is that bored. So, bored high kicks club topic spams which you like. Ok. All other topics FKL has ever had, not okay. I'm sure FKL will follow your likes and wants from here on out now Rock. Cool. Respect for them. If I used to have respect for you, I don't have it now nor do you want me to.

Maybe you wrote that too fast since you spelled things incorrectly and shit too. Maybe you didn't mean it or even know what you're talking about. I haven't talked to you in months so how would I know, thanks for telling me how you really feel out of nowhere. Weird, angsty though. I thought we were cool?!

[spoiler-box]
You didn't see that negative part of those threads? Are you participating in them for a circle jerk of more content, even if its garbage clique bad vibes? Don't worry anime draw man, I don't click them anymore.

Yeah, someone is "richer" than you in a bad game with nothing to buy fake money with.

$17,000 and nothing to buy with it. Or all around fucked up priorities no idea what they're doing. Maybe it starts with the creators and server managers of the game... hmm.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2014, 03:05 PM
You only get this credit Rock. Its not even negative. Well until this guy wants to flamebait twice, so he wants 2 reponses back. I don't anticipate making any more if the staff stops further problems and finds out what is his problem.

Yeah
---------------

I'd imagine that is what those threads over there in FKL look like if you guys ever met in Real Life. But since you are never going to, I don't think you can make fun of people who are.

Actin like weaboo gay guys pretending to be girls online is new and exciting.

Olaf wouldn't show up because "They'res girls there!" and he ain't never even, those, ever, as a lifestyle choice, spaghetti. Despite wanting to only talk about them all day 24/7 and being mad if we don't. Like he tells us like everyday in his crying. And he never thinks that reflects poorly on him, post backfire because it exposes how much his whole existence sucks... emo ball of weird fatguy nerd.

The Klumps at the Dinner table expressed it pretty well and it is very pertinent.

We always know what you're talking about. "Forever alone" virgin online girl chasing stuff. But does anyone ever want to hear that? Can't you actually find better places for that? PSO is just for playing dress up and shooting monsters in bad games. Go try to have cybersex somewhere else.

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2014, 03:51 PM
https://warosu.org/data/fa/img/0076/22/1389985980237.jpg

Sp-24
Jul 21, 2014, 04:01 PM
I seriously hope that it's some sort of a copypasta, but I'm too afraid to look it up and find zero matches.

darkante
Jul 21, 2014, 04:22 PM
Wow..

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2014, 04:24 PM
note to self: never invoke the wrath of hayabusa

should i be sacrificing something to calm him so he doesn't flood the peninsula with lava, or...?

Sayara
Jul 21, 2014, 04:27 PM
Just get the man some booty beats.

ShinMaruku
Jul 21, 2014, 05:42 PM
About time there was an assing like that. :E

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2014, 07:45 PM
I think I made it mad?

I honestly can't tell. It's all a jumbled mishmash.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2014, 10:51 PM
Also, I'll double-post, too.

Learn to form coherent sentences and/or stop sucking on bad crack-rock whilst you use the internet.

:sprite:

Sayara
Jul 21, 2014, 11:15 PM
Haterade ^.^
:burger:

https://warosu.org/data/fa/img/0076/22/1389985980237.jpgLooks familiar yup. I seen this at some point before.
:turtle:
THE JACKAL

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2014, 11:18 PM
No, I'm just legitimately curious as to whether or not he has some sort of mental disorder, like schizophrenia or something, that inhibits his language skills.

Like, real talk.

Sayara
Jul 21, 2014, 11:19 PM
Real answer, He' is A-ok.

Uncle_bob
Jul 22, 2014, 05:53 AM
If you ignore it then it will eventually go away.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2014, 09:22 AM
If you ignore it then it will eventually go away.

it hasn't worked on me

Uncle_bob
Jul 22, 2014, 02:11 PM
well it only works when everyone cooperates

ShinMaruku
Jul 22, 2014, 02:52 PM
http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/thumb/6/61/Fel%27dan.JPG/208px-Fel%27dan.JPG

W0LB0T
Jul 24, 2014, 11:10 AM
You don't fuck around with a man who learned English form Rap Videos and Yoda

Vintasticvin
Jul 24, 2014, 12:05 PM
You don't fuck around with a man who learned English form Rap Videos and Yoda

^ Words of great wisdom

Shadowpawn
Aug 3, 2014, 10:33 PM
No, I'm just legitimately curious as to whether or not he has some sort of mental disorder, like schizophrenia or something, that inhibits his language skills.

Like, real talk.

Nah, he just doesn't take the net seriously and doesn't tell the world his problems. You know, like most normal people.

You should follow his lead, and chill. The net isn't that serious.

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2014, 12:14 AM
WAIT I missed two wall of texts with my name on it!!

/goes back and read

Palle
Aug 4, 2014, 12:15 AM
ITT: a whole heap of ~effort~

NoiseHERO
Aug 4, 2014, 12:52 AM
Notice how that was for fun by him, not a legit question. Didn't really need a real answer because the real answer isn't as fun and was already said so there's room to talk about other stuff however you want to, remember what forum you're in. Tell me I can't post jokes and tell me what to post, and then think about what you just said. Parody thread titles, lack of respect for... them? I think you need to explain a lot more after that. "Giga kun," come on son. You are not Japanese. They don't even do that and that's not his name. He can make a fun post open ended, but I can't, what quote him? Is that what you're mad about.

You are trying to figure out a for fun answer to a for fun barely a question. And only negative, going in expecting it to be bad. You can find whatever you want when you make stuff up and have already made up your mind.[/spoiler-box] You got all of that out of 25~27 words if you take IRL as a whole? I never knew about your sleuthing abilities. Good to know. Didn't need the judgment thing though.

Notice how you did not correctly discern the joke. Joke was for whoever liked it. Negative stuff you are putting there, is not there. Why'd you do that? Peer pressure?

The 'high kicks club' is easily seen how its the same group of "friends" who don't participate in other threads and are spamming FKL about things nobody care about, in their own forums. PSO meseta gold farming. Someone who managed to swindle $17 k is the same thing. Those people are richer than you! They put down other people: friends and non-friends alike instead of having good times with them, using that money for the betterment of all. All in the name of the worst part of PSU where that kinda started with shops and gear prices set by the market. Meseta was more important than making friends and playing the game with them. In the end wouldn't you rather have friends than fake money?

I don't even know if its even friends. The same guy makes all the threads, nobody makes one for him! He is that bored. So, bored high kicks club topic spams which you like. Ok. All other topics FKL has ever had, not okay. I'm sure FKL will follow your likes and wants from here on out now Rock. Cool. Respect for them. If I used to have respect for you, I don't have it now nor do you want me to.

Maybe you wrote that too fast since you spelled things incorrectly and shit too. Maybe you didn't mean it or even know what you're talking about. I haven't talked to you in months so how would I know, thanks for telling me how you really feel out of nowhere. Weird, angsty though. I thought we were cool?!

[spoiler-box]
You didn't see that negative part of those threads? Are you participating in them for a circle jerk of more content, even if its garbage clique bad vibes? Don't worry anime draw man, I don't click them anymore.

Yeah, someone is "richer" than you in a bad game with nothing to buy fake money with.

$17,000 and nothing to buy with it. Or all around fucked up priorities no idea what they're doing. Maybe it starts with the creators and server managers of the game... hmm.

What @_@ we are cool though I assume everyone I joke around with are terrible people with questioinable senses of humor so negativity loosely gets thrown around everywhere. In actuality I have no clue what you're talking about 90% of the time, it's just fun inserting anything into anything. But now I'm questioning whether or not that was indirectly racist.

Also I'm the one that has no respect for all these newnilla threads. I was actually being "positive" about the condescending no respect thing" I mean why would have those things for a chunk of the threads you mentioned... but... it's not serious enough to be worth talking about. I just assumed most people related. But I would've found your wall of text faster if anything here was worth a "what I REALLY think of you" sort of conversation.

Dunno what I did or said to lose your "respect" but ehn, can't please everyone, especially if you've never had a real direct conversation with them.

I come here to say stupid things that make no sense just like everyone else that doesn't take anything here seriously. Only "angst" I vent here is at bad game design and people that lash out at me cause of petty overreactions to misunderstanding about generalizations and semantics about things that aren't important, which I haven't had in a while... unless this counts.

Tell me this doesn't count as that...

Oh and overusing+miss-using "kun" (mostly just kun) is inside joke branched off of a meme only made funny again to myself through inside jokes, from an inside joke that turned into a meme that turned into an inside joke.

Love is a two-way street, need lots of communication to understand each other or the thoughts are gonna be mostly "negative" assumptions and then you'll grow to hate each other. /most negative thing I thought about you were that you were troll with weird sense of humor and I guess not the strongest english. but yeah, thought we was good.

Oh and last but not least I do all my circle jerking outside of PSOW. (at least now.)

But yeah if you wanna decide between enemies with bad vibes and looking for "where did that come from?" condescending low-blow remarks with extra dose of passive agressive like college students.

Or just be homies can continue that in PM instead of FKL... <_< >_> <_< >_> <_< >_> <_> _>_><_>

Or I just got ultimate trolled and mis-read your whole post. Then I accept defeat. <.>