PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Result

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 13, 2014, 01:24 AM
So looking at the current placings for the final round and how things have worked so far...

Color - Previous Points - Current Round Prediction - Results - Final Rank

Blue - 52 - 2 - 54 - 1
Green - 50 - 4 - 54 - 1
White - 42 - 1 - 43 - 5
Yellow - 42 - 3 - 45 - 3
Red - 39 - 5 - 44 - 4

Did Sega announce if there would be a tie breaker for first place if needed?

Rakurai
Jul 13, 2014, 05:52 AM
It's really stupid that the main reason Green is going to win is because they seem to have deliberately slacked off in the previous round so they'd get a point bonus from coming in fourth place, which is why they managed to make it into first this time.

They need to redo the system for the next competition so that the point bonuses actually balance things out properly instead of favoring those who do good, but not too good (As blue was up until this round).

Aine
Jul 13, 2014, 05:56 AM
Green team dropped itself to 4th place on purpose two rounds ago (by threatening anyone who partied up in Ship 1 and making throwaway accounts on Ship 4 to earn points) in order to get the round boost this round, and now they're on top. So it looks like Green will win. Stupidest event ever...

Rakurai
Jul 13, 2014, 06:14 AM
I really hope the developers are aware of them having done that.

It says a lot about how flawed the competition is, and if I were in their position, I'd either let everyone have access to the first place prizes or just the blue team, because they're the ones who rightfully deserved to win due to not deliberately rigging things in their favor.

UnLucky
Jul 13, 2014, 06:25 AM
What? That's awesome they could organize well enough to pull that off.

Yellow team soared to the top instantly this round, but as soon as the points bonus expired they fell right back down to the usual placement.

It's kind of ridiculous that Green got shafted every single round prior to this simply because they weren't so completely stacked as to beat teams with doubled points, nor are they so worthless as to lose to a team that needs it.

Rakurai
Jul 13, 2014, 06:35 AM
I suppose in the end, the main thing that was good about this whole competition was the boost events, anyways.

The first place prizes have zero appeal to me.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2014, 06:35 AM
which one were we again? @_@

UnLucky
Jul 13, 2014, 06:41 AM
There's absolutely no distinction between 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place at all w.r.t. the prize shop, so it's not like it really matters at all since we'd never be able to come first overall with how consistently far behind we were every round without a point boost.

Rakurai
Jul 13, 2014, 07:07 AM
I was on the blue team, so I'm slightly more annoyed about green's sudden comeback.

If only they'd caught onto what they were trying to pull and responded accordingly.

Rainoffire
Jul 13, 2014, 07:23 AM
I'm on blue too. Since Green was constantly in 3rd, they get the worst of the three quest boost, and none of the round boost.
I knew we were going to take first from green the round prior. Surprised that Green took such action just to be first again.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 13, 2014, 07:33 AM
...Well, that's just not playing fair. Sure, Green displayed surprising tenacity, but doing that just to get into first place... surely SEGA should take action against it, especially since everyone seems to know what it was they did.

UnLucky
Jul 13, 2014, 07:42 AM
It's a pretty simple and obvious strategy, though.

Earn a boost.

Don't hit the point cap when the boost isn't active.

Earn points when it is.

Though they got as far simply placing 3rd repeatedly, so it's not like this is the only reason they're so close to winning.

Rakurai
Jul 13, 2014, 07:50 AM
Well, at least since people are well-aware of it and complaining in numerous places, they'll hopefully take measures to make the next contest more balanced.

Pairing ships based on their actual population count would be a start.

Zorua
Jul 13, 2014, 07:56 AM
People on ship 1 had been complaining about the boosts, because they kept giving other teams free rides to 1st and 2nd. It'd be nice if the next time this happens, SEGA removes the boosts and does a better job at balancing the teams.

Still though, gotta love how green took a broken system and worked it in their favor.

Aine
Jul 13, 2014, 08:30 AM
It's a pretty simple and obvious strategy, though.

Earn a boost.

Don't hit the point cap when the boost isn't active.

Earn points when it is.

Though they got as far simply placing 3rd repeatedly, so it's not like this is the only reason they're so close to winning.

Except this went beyond 'strategy' and into harassment of players who were just minding their own business.

Well, at least since people are well-aware of it and complaining in numerous places, they'll hopefully take measures to make the next contest more balanced.

Pairing ships based on their actual population count would be a start.

They paired the ships based on statistics from Luther and Elder. That was before the DDoS though, so Yellow got screwed when foreigners all got blocked and after the first round many people moved characters/created new characters in Ship 1 so they could get the boosts and rewards. Horrible design all around.

HaxMega
Jul 13, 2014, 08:52 AM
I like how red and whited tied, but white still gets shafted on prize items.

Xaelouse
Jul 13, 2014, 08:52 AM
Everyone is gonna dump their points onto triboosts and the rappy machines anyway

Aine
Jul 13, 2014, 08:58 AM
I like how red and whited tied, but white still gets shafted on prize items.

Ties are separated by total round points.

Xaelouse
Jul 13, 2014, 09:11 AM
But anyway, how about we dont have a competition based on sheer numbers or abusing comeback mechanics next time, eh sega?
God they cant even balance simple heartwarming events

Nulve
Jul 13, 2014, 09:39 AM
Are you talking about the Grand Prix, which involves the Quarry Mission?