PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Loading Times (PSO2)

sekkai
Jul 13, 2014, 01:45 PM
Well I'm thinking about upgrading my computer to something a bit better and have been wondering what component should i prioritize in order to reduce the loading times (in particular in TA, star/end quests, area transitions).

It's a bit annoying starting always last and getting left behind in every new area.

My current pc is pretty weak, so i was thinking starting with a new GPU (since my current one is integrated) would that reduce some of the loading time? (I play lowest settings).

AMD A6 APU 6400k with 4gb ram

Thanks in advance!

Valimer
Jul 13, 2014, 02:00 PM
Maybe consider getting a SSD

Shadowth117
Jul 13, 2014, 02:13 PM
Maybe consider getting a SSD

According to a few friends I've talked to who have enthusiast PC's, this actually doesn't help much for this game.

What I've been told helps the absolute most for this game is your CPU and your ping. Of course the speed in other areas is going to help a little, but its a bit bottlenecked apparently. And unfortunately you're not really going to be doing much about the ping issue unless you move to Japan.

Sizustar
Jul 13, 2014, 02:22 PM
Get a SSD, it helps a bit, but not that much
Reduce graphic setting to lowest setting.
Get a highspeed internet access.

sekkai
Jul 13, 2014, 02:42 PM
Sorry about my noobness but can someone post a ssd and cpu recommendation (having in mind pso2 as my standart).

My hdd is 7200rpm so i might just do that and also a cpu :P

Daiyousei
Jul 13, 2014, 04:53 PM
Using a VPN also put on some extra seconds of loading time as well as a delay in damage registering.

So if you're using a VPN it might slow you down even if everything else is good too.

Shadowth117
Jul 13, 2014, 05:11 PM
Using a VPN also put on some extra seconds of loading time as well as a delay in damage registering.

So if you're using a VPN it might slow you down even if everything else is good too.

That really depends. If you're using a service like this that isn't being used by many other people than you'll probably reduce your delay. Reducing delay IS the original intention of such things when used for games after all. Its just that when you're in a VPN a crapton of people are already playing through that you're not going to see that advantage.