PDA

View Full Version : VPN area suggestion for least possible chance of ban

snowspear123
Jul 13, 2014, 07:31 PM
Since there was a theory how a drastic change in IP could increase your chance of a ban... is it not possible from someone in US to simply vpn into a US ip block and access pso2 that way?
Attempting this method would I assume count as not being a drastic change in IP since you are still in the US + you can now connect to pso2.

Also want to add that using SoftEther VPN GATE i was able to find 1 US provider that has access to pso2.jp and to the game, albeit i used an alt account since i am worried of losing my stuff... atleast i can see how long it takes for my alt to get noticed by sega-senpai.

TauAkiou
Jul 13, 2014, 07:35 PM
In that case, the Amazon EC2 method would be the best possible method.

From what I can tell, Amazon is really bad about handing out foreign/Japan IPs to clients, instead throwing US IPs that are close to, but not contained within Japanese ranges.

(I learned this when I got the idea I could use the EC2 method as a way of connecting to Monster Hunter Frontier, which didn't work.)

At the same time, you are still going out through a known, working route, so it will work provided you have it all configured properly.

SamayouSamurai
Jul 15, 2014, 01:29 PM
If you really want to use Free VPN then keep using VPN Gate. Make sure you connect to the server that is owned by University of Tsukuba. This server is up all the time. Because of its uptime, it's popular. So, you will be sharing with a lot of people. Connection can be slow, laggy and possible disconnection.

Alternatively, you can setup VPN server using Amazon Web Service. t1.micro instance is free for 750 hours. You can turn on/off your instance at any time.

Shinamori
Jul 15, 2014, 01:47 PM
It' not VPN, it's SSH Tunnel, and if you stop and start your instance, you'll change your IP.

tehfusion
Jul 15, 2014, 02:45 PM
It' not VPN, it's SSH Tunnel

By default, it's neither. It's just a server that you can do what you like with. You can choose to set up a VPN with it, or just do a basic SSH tunnel.

if you stop and start your instance, you'll change your IP.
That only happens if you stop the instance — you can just leave it running all the time, and the IP address won't change. Alternatively, you could set up an Elastic IP for it, allowing you to stop the instance and then start it again later without the IP address changing.